LMAO at all the people that signed 2 year sattelite contracts

Taco
10-13-2008, 01:42 PM
DAMN IT....I wanted to see Anarchy

Link?

Taco
10-13-2008, 01:44 PM
LMAO at all the people that signed 2 year sattelite contracts

is it true that people who signed up for U-Verse and Dish, KSAT was getting cut from every new installation?

PeterBurns
10-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Just got word from someone over there, and let's just say I got an email from a client that had to pull the KSAT-Time Warner Ad.

Taco
10-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Just got word from someone over there, and let's just say I got an email from a client that had to pull the KSAT-Time Warner Ad.

Thanks Pete

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 01:51 PM

Have any connections in Austin about KXAN?

ChumpDumper
10-13-2008, 01:57 PM
DAMN IT....I wanted to see AnarchyNo more anarchy than usual since KXAN went off TWC.

Taco
10-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Link?

http://www.ksat.com/station/17704605/detail.html

KSAT 12 and Time Warner Cable have reached an agreement that will keep the ABC affiliate on the air.

"You will continue to see KSAT 12 and LATV in South Texas on all of Time Warner Cable," KSAT 12 Vice President and General Manager Jim Joslyn said Monday. "We welcome this agreement, and we're pleased that our viewers continue to come first."

BacktoBasics
10-13-2008, 02:30 PM
I would guess that TW started to see a dent in subscribers moving onto other companies. No way TW budges if the numbers didn't show a movement.

JudynTX
10-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Much ado about nothing. I'm glad I didn't make the switch.

Blake
10-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Time Warner finally got it that they need KSAT a whole lot more than KSAT needs TWC.

PM5K
10-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Time Warner finally got it that they need KSAT a whole lot more than KSAT needs TWC.

How do you figure, Time Warner offers hundreds of channels, while KSAT only has a few carriers (AT&T/DISH/DIRECT/GRANDE) and not everybody can even get those services depending on where they live.

I'm just guessing here but I'm pretty sure Time Warner is the largest cable/satellite carrier of KSATs signal.

phyzik
10-13-2008, 03:15 PM

maybe Im missing something, but where exactly does it say that TWC caved in and not KSAT?

Shaolin-Style
10-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Awesome, now I can go back to not watching anything but the occasional spurs game on there. And maybe Lost in HD.

Blake
10-13-2008, 03:45 PM
maybe Im missing something, but where exactly does it say that TWC caved in and not KSAT?

Why would KSAT agree on a deal that pays themselves nothing?

Blake
10-13-2008, 03:48 PM
How do you figure, Time Warner offers hundreds of channels, while KSAT only has a few carriers (AT&T/DISH/DIRECT/GRANDE) and not everybody can even get those services depending on where they live.

I'm just guessing here but I'm pretty sure Time Warner is the largest cable/satellite carrier of KSATs signal.

because I think there are still enough people that would be willing to drop TWC and go with whoever or whatever else is out there in order to get KSAT which has a whole lot of sports and shows that will be missed if dropped.

I have TWC right now and have been mulling over my options. If they dropped KSAT, I myself was gonna give ATT a call.

Blake
10-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Awesome, now I can go back to not watching anything but the occasional spurs game on there. And maybe Lost in HD.

Big XII college football games for me....

including the impending Texas Tech/UT game.

exstatic
10-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I would guess that TW started to see a dent in subscribers moving onto other companies. No way TW budges if the numbers didn't show a movement.

I would guess just the opposite.

Why would KSAT agree on a deal that pays themselves nothing?
1. It's what they were getting already.
2. It was a bad play to begin with. NFL Network, with a LOT more clout and $$$ than some local ABC affiliate, tried this TWICE with TWC and lost. When you kick Jerry Jones' ass twice, you ain't caving to some affiliate.
3. November sweeps ratings are coming up in a couple of weeks, and as someone pointed out, TWC is probably KSAT's largest viewer base.

Blake
10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
1. It's what they were getting already.

exactly. So why would they come out and complain to the public that Time Warner isn't playing fair?
That makes no sense that KSAT would go to these lengths only to agree to a deal that ends up paying them nothing.

2. It was a bad play to begin with. NFL Network, with a LOT more clout and $$$ than some local ABC affiliate, tried this TWICE with TWC and lost. When you kick Jerry Jones' ass twice, you ain't caving to some affiliate.
3. November sweeps ratings are coming up in a couple of weeks, and as someone pointed out, TWC is probably KSAT's largest viewer base.

I bet they did cave......and from this article from Jeanne Jakle, I'm getting that implication:

More than 350,000 Time Warner Cable customers in San Antonio and South Texas can stop worrying about missing ABC shows such as “Dancing with the Stars,” “Desperate Housewives” and “Grey's Anatomy.”

ABC affiliate KSAT 12 reported Monday that the station has reached a “fair” retransmission consent agreement with Time Warner for carriage of its broadcast signal. This puts an end to a monthlong feud that was played out on TV and radio, online and in print.

“KSAT 12 and Time Warner Cable have come to an agreement, and you will continue to see KSAT 12 and LATV (a Spanish-language station carried on Time Warner digital cable Channel 81) in South Texas on all of Time Warner Cable. We welcome this agreement, and we're pleased that our viewers continue to come first,” station spokesman David Cuccio said in an e-mail. He added the terms of the pact were confidential.

Time Warner-Texas spokesman Jon Gary Herrera confirmed that the two sides had reached “a deal in principle," but added it has yet to be formalized.

The contract between KSAT and Time Warner was set to expire at midnight Wednesday.

Herrera had said earlier that the sticking point was money. KSAT, which is owned by Detroit-based Post-Newsweek, wanted to be compensated for allowing the cable company to carry its programming, he said.

Time Warner disagreed, saying the signal was over-the-air and free, and the cable company didn't want to pass on an extra fee to customers, Herrera said.

KSAT had warned Time Warner subscribers — via TV editorials from KSAT General Manager Jim Joslyn, “crawls” beneath programming, newspaper ads and online messages — that the station could go dark at midnight Wednesday if an acceptable compromise couldn't be reached. The warnings stopped airing Sunday, “when it appeared we had an agreement in principle,” Cuccio said.

For a month, the station encouraged Time Warner subscribers to switch to other carriers, such as AT&T, DirecTV, Dish Network and Grande Communications, so they could continue to enjoy ABC and KSAT uninterrupted.

Herrera said Time Warner didn't see an increase in disconnects during the on-air feud. Judging by calls from customers, he added, “they were giving us the benefit of the doubt that a deal would be reached before the deadline.”

He said agreements are in place with all other local affiliates, including KENS, WOAI, KABB and Spanish-language station KWEX, and they involve no payments.

Herrera said the resolution had national implications as, earlier this month, the LIN TV television group —comprised of 15 stations, including NBC affiliate KXAN in Austin — went dark on Time Warner after a carriage agreement couldn't be reached.

“This issue is not necessarily limited to cable companies,” he said. “All carriers of video programming will see or have seen the same issues from the broadcast community.”

PM5K
10-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Cable companies don't typically pay direct cash compensation for retransmission consent.

DannyT
10-14-2008, 04:06 PM
just imagine with all the bowls games coming up, the NBA Finals in June, and all the shows that ABC airs..this could have been ugly for T Dub

Blake
10-14-2008, 08:48 PM
just imagine with all the bowls games coming up, the NBA Finals in June, and all the shows that ABC airs..this could have been ugly for T Dub

exactly.

PM5K
10-14-2008, 11:43 PM

And it wouldn't have been for KSAT....

:rolleyes