PDA

View Full Version : Stern Says NBA To Lay Off About 80, Cites Economy

Spurs Brazil
10-13-2008, 03:06 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54851/20081013/stern_says_nba_to_lay_off_about_80_cites_economy/

Stern Says NBA To Lay Off About 80, Cites Economy

Oct 13, 2008 9:28 AM EST
The NBA is set to trim 9% of their workforce over worries about the U.S. economy, according to a report by Reuters.

"We made a decision some months ago that the economy was going to be a bit wobbly, so we began a belt-tightening that will result in a work-force reduction of about 9 percent domestically," Stern said Sunday, speaking before an NBA preseason game at London's O2 arena.

This translates into about 80 jobs, he later told Reuters.

"There is a season-ticket renewal rate decline, and new sales are also being hit," he said. "My guess is when [the regular season] kicks off, we will be down modestly in season ticket sales."

Xylus
10-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Can he lay off Shaq?

The Franchise
10-13-2008, 05:42 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54851/20081013/stern_says_nba_to_lay_off_about_80_cites_economy/

Stern Says NBA To Lay Off About 80, Cites Economy

Oct 13, 2008 9:28 AM EST
The NBA is set to trim 9% of their workforce over worries about the U.S. economy, according to a report by Reuters.

"We made a decision some months ago that the economy was going to be a bit wobbly, so we began a belt-tightening that will result in a work-force reduction of about 9 percent domestically," Stern said Sunday, speaking before an NBA preseason game at London's O2 arena.

This translates into about 80 jobs, he later told Reuters.

"There is a season-ticket renewal rate decline, and new sales are also being hit," he said. "My guess is when [the regular season] kicks off, we will be down modestly in season ticket sales."

Although I think there is some truth in what he says, I can also smell the stinking undertone of bullshit.

TDMVPDPOY
10-13-2008, 05:45 PM
stern should go get a pay-cut instead of firing the next person down the line whose struggling compared to him