PDA

View Full Version : Rasho really IS the problem

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Rasho is wasted space on the offensive end and once in while will get 10+ rbs

Spurs really need to get rasho out of here, as much as I like him, he just brings this team down. I really hope we get Cliff Robinson so we can actaully get someone who is ABLE to score

I really hope his performance last opens the eyes of the Spurs front office so they trade him

BronxCowboy
02-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks for that brilliant analysis. :rolleyes Now to the ignore list with you.

myhc
02-14-2005, 12:25 PM
bad trolling job. real bad.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-14-2005, 12:27 PM
you're seriously undermining what Rasho does for this team dude!

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 12:28 PM
you're seriously undermining what Rasho does for this team dude!

what does he do? grab a couple boards?

nothing Rose cant do, at least Rose can score

BigVee
02-14-2005, 12:29 PM
I watched Robinson against the Suns last night. He was awful. I have changed my mind re: Rose for him. He has lost a lot.

johnny00
02-14-2005, 12:30 PM
C'mon Duncan who are you going to replace him with??? Cliff Robinson as center???? What you MAY get on offense you will lose defensively on the other side of the floor. If we're going to post threads about replacing Rasho lets hear suggestions of players who could actually come here (with the salary cap in mind) and contribute in a productive manner. For the upteenth time Nesterovich was not brought here to score. He is here basically to fill the lane, grab rebounds, and play defense. As long as he does that.. like it or not Rasho is here to stay for awhile.

BTW I'll give the over under on this thread at 3 pages. Rasho and Brent are always good for postings fodder.

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm sick of Rasho only playing good when Duncan isnt there

why do we have a center that cant play good with our best player?

MaNuMaNiAc
02-14-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm sick of Rasho only playing good when Duncan isnt there

why do we have a center that cant play good with our best player?
Rasho plays good defence almost every time, his offense suffers when Tim is playing due to the fact that most plays are designed for Tim, TP or Manu. I know, I know, the last few games he had the shots, but not the points, however, that's been the case with Spurs in general these past games.

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 12:44 PM
I wish the spurs will able to take rasho out of the game every time we had ball

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Man, you need to go get Basketball for Dummies and read up.

We didn't get Rasho to be an offensive juggernaut. We got him to play D and rebound. It's called a role player..

davi78239
02-14-2005, 01:08 PM
I had a bad feeling about the whole Rasho signing 2 summers ago. I wish they would have landed Brad Miller.

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Man, you need to go get Basketball for Dummies and read up.

We didn't get Rasho to be an offensive juggernaut. We got him to play D and rebound. It's called a role player..

when he takes a shot that means less opportunities for TD/parker/gino to score, and they can actually make it

boutons
02-14-2005, 01:12 PM
"I wish the spurs will able to take rasho out of the game every time we had ball"

yeah, like in football, 5 guys for half-court offense, and another 5 guys for half-court defense, each specialty team must stay behind the mid-court line. 2 x 5 guys on each end of the court.

Send a email to nba.com. They'll go for it.

Ghost Writer
02-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Rasho sucks and was a horrible signing during the 2003 summer in which we were promised a star.

Malone snubbing the Spurs means we'll have to live with Rasho agin come playoff time.

Super.

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 01:15 PM
malone not siging really sucked

johnny00
02-14-2005, 01:59 PM
God, please tell me somebody is playing a joke on someone, this thread has got to have some of the most ignorant responses I have read all season.
Duncan and Davi are the same guy right? Or are you guys sharing the same brain cell?

johnny00
02-14-2005, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=Ghost Writer]Rasho sucks and was a horrible signing during the 2003 summer in which we were promised a star/QUOTE]

And I guess Olawakandi would have made more sense right?

Spurminator
02-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Might I suggest the Phoenix Suns or Washington Wizards to those of you who only watch the offensive end of the basketball court?

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 03:39 PM
bowen is one of my fav players in the NBA i love his defense as he brings it every night

cant say the same for rasho

thispego
02-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Seriously... these arguements are getting borderline retarded. Those that make Rasho out to be the downfall of this team are REALLY getting on my nerves. Have you nothing else to bitch about? I have not once, with the exception of maybe two games, been dissapointed with his performance, what he may lack in offense many nights he makes up for with his D and his interior presence. Sure his shot is not on every night, but why should'nt he take a few shots every game to see if it is falling?? Naturally noone is bitching when he drops double digits or comes close to it. Seriously, stop with the fucking rasho bashing. I guarantee you anyone we would get in his stead at this point would give us nowhere near the output defensivlely we get night in and night out with Rasho. sooo, in closeing... STFU

T Park
02-14-2005, 05:43 PM
If rasho had played against Portland, the Spurs wouldve won that game.

Rasho doesnt allow mediocre centers, like a Joel Pryzbilla to go off for 18 or 20.

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 05:44 PM
If rasho had played against Portland, the Spurs wouldve won that game.

Rasho doesnt allow mediocre centers, like a Joel Pryzbilla to go off for 18 or 20.

and how does Rasho's good play against mediocre centers help the Spurs against Shaqueer and the Heat?

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 05:59 PM
and how does Rasho's good play against mediocre centers help the Spurs against Shaqueer and the Heat?

glegi
02-14-2005, 06:20 PM
hey DuncanMVP
name one center in the league who can make shaq his bitch and maybe then you will get your anwser...

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 07:16 PM
hey DuncanMVP
name one center in the league who can make shaq his bitch and maybe then you will get your anwser...

look, i like rasho im just pissed about that loss to the heat

glegi
02-14-2005, 07:26 PM
OK i understand that, but look at it this way it was not his points that were missing yesterday...hell he was only a couple of points off his stats...and he acctualy got a higher numb. of rebs than his average....

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 07:30 PM
what made the loss even more annoying was that Miami was treating thwin like they won the Superbowl

glegi
02-14-2005, 07:52 PM
You should be honored...they beat the best and like you say in the usa every dog has its day....miami we will rape (can you say tah on a public forum) you in the finals enyoy your 15 min ;)

SequSpur
02-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Finally a good topic. Thanks for jumping on board the smart wagon.

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 11:18 PM
You should be honored...they beat the best and like you say in the usa every dog has its day....miami we will rape (can you say tah on a public forum) you in the finals enyoy your 15 min ;)

i am hating miami with a passion now

Extra Stout
02-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Rasho was a huge liability on offense against the Heat. He used to hit those mid-range jumpers easily, and that was one of the things the Spurs counted on when they signed him to open things up down low for Duncan.

Now he shoots about as well as an average eighth-grader. His shots have zero chance of going in from the time they leave his hands. His form is a joke. What the hell happened?

At least he's good on defense. Put together his offense and defense and you almost have an average player.

fonzy16
02-15-2005, 11:19 AM
My guess is that the spurs dont do shoting practice. that would explain why players fg% drop when they enter the spurs system. or ami i wrong?

angel_luv
02-15-2005, 11:33 AM
My poor Rasho! No love from you haters even on Valentines Day!

I think Rasho does very well. By defering to Tim Duncan, Rah hurts his numbers but helps the team, which is what counts.
The last thing we need is a two "team mates" like Shaq and Kobe who were always tring to undermine and outdue each other.
Personally I wouldn't trade Rasho for anyone.

fonzy16
02-15-2005, 11:41 AM
angel luv, i like rasho!
And if he hit just three shots of those eight which missed, he would have been in double figures 10pts/11rbs. And everybody would be praising him.
But i maybe some shooting practice wouldn hurt.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2005, 05:40 PM
johnny, when you were jerking off to thoughts of Kidd and J. O'Neal coming to SA, I told you dopes that we'd wind up with someone like Olawakandi.

It turned out to be Rasho.

I think I was a lot closer, pal.

ZStomp
02-15-2005, 05:59 PM
How old are you DuncanMVP?

DuncanMVP
02-15-2005, 06:52 PM
How old are you DuncanMVP?

20, truth hurts

I hope the Spurs trade rasho for eddie curry

T Park
02-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah bring in a cancer. That makes sense.

DuncanMVP
02-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Yeah bring in a cancer. That makes sense.

how would we know if EC would be a cancer?

GoSpurs21
02-15-2005, 11:06 PM
I can live with Rasho being a defense only player (especially since Bowens O is improved this year). Why aren't you asking why isnt Barry hittting (or a least taking) open shots ? That in my opinion is a bigger problem than Rasho's offense. As for why isnt Rasho more effective when Duncan's in...the answer is Rasho will always defer the offense to Duncan when the two are playing together. Would you have it any other way?

Hey GW when is your boy Barry gonna start hitting more that one shot per game? To date this guys is the biggest bust so far this season. And dont buy that bullshit he needs more playing time. Stever Kerr didnt need more playing time to be clutch and Barry doesnt deserve it. HEY BARRY NUT UP!!!!

I really hoped Barry would help but his defensive liability (and he's getting better) has really hurt the Spurs in close games. So far 2 good games for Barry out of 52 is just not what the Spurs were hoping for. Plus, Barry's turnovers lately have really added to his woes.

T Park
02-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Rasho will make more shots, if hes given that amount.

He never shoots during a game.

Give him the ball at the FT line like that and he'll start making them.

Garunteed.

Rummpd
02-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Give Rasho 10 shots a game and watch his PPG soar. Get off his back he is not as bad as many of you make him out to be and at times, ala 2nd half vs. Suns his defense among very best of any center in league.

DuncanMVP
02-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Give Rasho 10 shots a game and watch his PPG soar. Get off his back he is not as bad as many of you make him out to be and at times, ala 2nd half vs. Suns his defense among very best of any center in league.

give him 10 shots and watch him miss 7

Slo spurs fan
02-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Is Duncan's 5-14 that much better?

DuncanMVP
02-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Is Duncan's 5-14 that much better?

are you trying to say that Rasho had as much impact as TD on the game? :lol :lol :lol

Slo spurs fan
02-16-2005, 11:38 AM
No, of coure not, but you don't complain about Tim's bricks.

bigzak25
02-16-2005, 11:56 AM
rasho shouldn't be shooting period. if/when he does, layups, put backs, dunks (ha!), and a wide open 10 footer DIRECTLY in front of the basket should be all that is allowed....

whenever he shoots some of those shots from where TD shoots his bank, it is painful to watch....Bad Rasho...NO!

DuncanMVP
02-16-2005, 12:00 PM
rasho shouldn't be shooting period. if/when he does, layups, put backs, dunks (ha!), and a wide open 10 footer DIRECTLY in front of the basket should be all that is allowed....

whenever he shoots some of those shots from where TD shoots his bank, it is painful to watch....Bad Rasho...NO!

I'd feel better seeing Rose shoot a 3 then Rasho trying to hit a jumper

johnny00
02-16-2005, 12:11 PM
johnny, when you were jerking off to thoughts of Kidd and J. O'Neal coming to SA, I told you dopes that we'd wind up with someone like Olawakandi.

It turned out to be Rasho.

Olawakandi=Rasho?

So what's your point? I'd still rather have Rasho than Kandi.
Just ask the T-Wolves.