PDA

View Full Version : Devin gets schooled

Findog
10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ysv3v7uXblw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ysv3v7uXblw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dirk4mvp
10-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Baron Davis, Dwyane Wade, Stuart Tanner....does it really matter?

Findog
10-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Apparently that guy is some sort of streetball hustler.

Findog
10-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Makes me feel a little bit better about that trade, if he can't stop some British guy IN FREAKING STREET CLOTHES doing all the AndOne moves.

sribb43
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
I knew Donnie knew what he was doing

The Franchise
10-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Damn that was ugly!!! Did you see the look on Devins face when the guy asked if they could get him an NBA contract? He didn't look to happy.

The Franchise
10-13-2008, 06:37 PM
I like how Devin gave dude his props.

He had no choice. :lol

Flight3107
10-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Who?

mystargtr34
10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
lol, i think Devin was being a bit casual trying to make it look like he wasnt really trying and havin a good time.

Findog
10-13-2008, 07:25 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-35-48/Some-Guy-in-a-V-Neck-vs--Devin-Harris.html

I think in all fairness Devin was going easy on him a little bit. He took a long jumper without elevating without even attempting to drive on him.

Kobe, on the other hand, would've dunked on the guy and then stared him down ala Kwame on Boris Diaw.

dallaskd
10-13-2008, 07:32 PM
In Jeans, sneakers, and a sweater...ouch. that was nasty.

JamStone
10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-35-48/Some-Guy-in-a-V-Neck-vs--Devin-Harris.html

I think in all fairness Devin was going easy on him a little bit. He took a long jumper without elevating without even attempting to drive on him.

Kobe, on the other hand, would've dunked on the guy and then stared him down ala Kwame on Boris Diaw.

Several years ago, when I was still living in New Orleans, Jerald Honeycutt came into the gym and played some pick-up. Everyone on the court was like 6'1" and shorter. Honeycutt was a good 6'7" at least, and I'd guess around 250. That dude was trying every single play on 5'9" cats, posting up, pump fakes, all that. But, hey, at least he didn't get punked by some pick-up kid. I thought it was funny in a way. But, hey, in a way, he was giving respect to everyone on the court by actually trying even against a bunch of high school JV caliber pick-up guys.

byrdman31
10-13-2008, 08:38 PM
:rollin:rollin i bet everyone will make fun of him when they see this

mavs>spurs2
10-13-2008, 09:10 PM
that guy is probably alot better than you guys think..theres no rule that says everyone who's good at basketball is already in the nba. some people just dont get the opportunity for whatever reason. Perfect example is Hook Mitchell who Gary Payton and Jason Kidd claim was the best player they ever went up against.

Spur-Addict
10-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Shaq would have made an excuse... "Im the Big Cactus, Im not use to playing outside"... nice move by the guy.

Damn, how'd Shaq get into this? :lol

mystargtr34
10-13-2008, 11:44 PM
that guy is probably alot better than you guys think..theres no rule that says everyone who's good at basketball is already in the nba. some people just dont get the opportunity for whatever reason. Perfect example is Hook Mitchell who Gary Payton and Jason Kidd claim was the best player they ever went up against.

I was watchin some And1 the other day with Hook Mitchell, thats the old dude that went to jail hey?

When did these two say this.

Roxsfan
10-14-2008, 12:16 AM

+1. I will add that it's easier to "punk" some NBA players in a half court game for quick bursts. Try doing that full court, fast break b-ball for extended minutes-30 mins. or more, with Devin actually trying and that lil white boy would get his ass handed to him.

This is like saying the fat guy that makes a half court shot "punks" KG who lets just say, missed a half court shot a second earlier.

Devin had a good attitude.

Obstructed_View
10-14-2008, 02:03 PM
That white dude's pretty good with a Wnba ball.

sribb43
10-14-2008, 02:33 PM
:lol Devin is on the front page of YAHOO:rollin

Obstructed_View
10-14-2008, 02:35 PM

That guy was also full of adrenaline and had probably planned the whole thing out, including practicing the move a thousand times. You just watched the highlight of that guy's life. It was just another day for Harris.

And1Mak
10-14-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm 100% sure Devin "The Best Defensive Point Guard In The NBA"* Harris let that guy win.
Think about it---
-For this guy, this is a highlight of his entire life, this guy will remember this day forever, this is the day he showed up the Great Devin Harris.
-For Harris, it's just another afternoon hanging out with some oh his fans.

You can add humility to the long list of excellent character traits of Devin Harris.

*just ask John Hollinger, Tony Parker, or Mark Cuban if you don't believe me

jack sommerset
10-14-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm 100% sure Devin "The Best Defensive Point Guard In The NBA"* Harris let that guy win.
Think about it---
-For this guy, this is a highlight of his entire life, this guy will remember this day forever, this is the day he showed up the Great Devin Harris.
-For Harris, it's just another afternoon hanging out with some oh his fans.

You can add humility to the long list of excellent character traits of Devin Harris.

*just ask John Hollinger, Tony Parker, or Mark Cuban if you don't believe me

+1

Thats pretty cool for the British guy.

mffl89
10-14-2008, 04:06 PM
People tend to miss the fact that Stuart Tanner is/was a street ball legend.

Obstructed_View
10-14-2008, 04:14 PM
People tend to miss the fact that Stuart Tanner is/was a street ball legend.

Apparently Devin Harris is one of those people.

Obstructed_View
10-14-2008, 05:53 PM
BTW, I've heard a couple of folks on Dallas radio talking about that video with some measure of glee that borders on shrillness. Nobody here is suggesting that Devin Harris isn't a good NBA player or a good defender based on that video are they? If that video makes anyone feel better about the Kidd trade then I'd love to hear about it.

Chad Johnson
10-14-2008, 06:20 PM

Exactly.

in fact, Jason Kidd is a good buddy of mine. but there are plenty of people that i grew up with that didnt get a chance to make it. these guys are stars in the making and one of them got a scholarship over Kidd before he got arrested. and this is just my neighborhood. fact of the matter is, i know plenty of people who could beat Kidd, Bryant, and other NBA players right now!

and im one of them

mavsfan1000
10-14-2008, 07:18 PM
BTW, I've heard a couple of folks on Dallas radio talking about that video with some measure of glee that borders on shrillness. Nobody here is suggesting that Devin Harris isn't a good NBA player or a good defender based on that video are they? If that video makes anyone feel better about the Kidd trade then I'd love to hear about it.
It doesn't make me feel any better. Still one of the worst trades in NBA history.

monosylab1k
10-14-2008, 07:26 PM
It doesn't make me feel any better. Still one of the worst trades in NBA history.

kill yourself, bulls fan.

mavsfan1000
10-14-2008, 07:46 PM
kill yourself, bulls fan.
Trading the future for a 35 year old is just pathetic. Explain why we struggled so badly after the trade. Much worse than before that trade. Harris had a better plus/minus ratio and was 11 year younger. :lol

dirk4mvp
10-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Trading the future for a 35 year old is just pathetic. Explain why we struggled so badly after the trade. Much worse than before that trade. Harris had a better plus/minus ratio and was 11 year younger. :lol

He had 4 years. How long were you waiting till he turned into the perennial all-star?

hater
10-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Mav fans feeling better about the trade after this, showcases the pathetic state of the Dallas fanbase.

Little guys can do this to taller guys easy. I give him props for finishing the layup though.

dirk4mvp
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Mav fans feeling better about the trade after this, showcases the pathetic state of the Dallas fanbase.

Little guys can do this to taller guys easy. I give him props for finishing the layup though.

^^^^

takes this thread too literally.

mavsfan1000
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
He had 4 years. How long were you waiting till he turned into the perennial all-star?
He didn't have to be. He was better than Kidd though at 35. I guess it was All-Star or broke for Harris. The main thing though was the age difference. Kidd is about done. He is 2 years from retirement imo. He is not an all-star now.

dirk4mvp
10-14-2008, 07:55 PM
He didn't have to be. He was better than Kidd though at 35. I guess it was All-Star or broke for Harris. The main thing though was the age difference. Kidd is about done. He is 2 years from retirement imo. He is not an all-star now.

You seem to not like anything about the Maverick, and you don't seem to mind switching teams...so why don't you start rooting for another team?

mavs>spurs2
10-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Exactly.

in fact, Jason Kidd is a good buddy of mine. but there are plenty of people that i grew up with that didnt get a chance to make it. these guys are stars in the making and one of them got a scholarship over Kidd before he got arrested. and this is just my neighborhood. fact of the matter is, i know plenty of people who could beat Kidd, Bryant, and other NBA players right now!

and im one of them

Pretty outlandish claim, but there's no way i can for sure say youre not telling the truth. I have ever seen guys at different gyms and places who could stand a good chance in an NBA dunk contest. you never know what kind of unused talent is really out there

angelbelow
10-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Makes me feel a little bit better about that trade, if he can't stop some British guy IN FREAKING STREET CLOTHES doing all the AndOne moves.

thats probably what clevland fans will say when lebron leaves. they'll feel better cause lebron lost in horse to a fan.

mystargtr34
10-14-2008, 09:09 PM
thats probably what clevland fans will say when lebron leaves. they'll feel better cause lebron lost in horse to a fan.

I like your comparison

mavsfan1000
10-14-2008, 09:50 PM
You seem to not like anything about the Maverick, and you don't seem to mind switching teams...so why don't you start rooting for another team?
Now that I don't like Kidd, I'm not a Maverick fan? What kind of garbage is that? He needs to beat his wife some more. haha

resistanze
10-14-2008, 09:52 PM
In all fairness, J-Kidd would disintegrate into dust while defending that British dude.

I kid...

Whisky Dog
10-14-2008, 11:57 PM
That was some funny shit. I'm sure Devin wasn't thinking this was going to make Yahoo's front page to be seen by millions:lol

Of course Harris wasn't going all out trying to show the guy up, but it sure looked like he was legitimately surprised by the dude's skill. Even if you're just fucking around you never let a guy go between your legs like that. That was a good set up by a guy with some talent.

And1Mak
10-15-2008, 02:12 AM

LOL, exactly.

And Nets fans will be Crying a river, being forced to root for players like Harris who got "schooled" by the British baller and LeBron who got punked by a average joe in a game of horse.
Crying...................LIKE A FOX.

Findog
10-15-2008, 07:34 AM

I was being somewhat facetious.