PDA

View Full Version : People should have to pass an intelligence test before given the right to vote...

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2008, 07:14 PM
http://www.bpmdeejays.com/upload/hs_sal_in_Harlem_100108.mp3

dumbshits.

balli
10-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I didn't listen, but if this ever happened you could kiss the republican party goodbye.

I don't think there should be an intelligence test, but I'd be all for an aptitude test, based on recent history before allowing someone to vote. For example, in my America, if you thought we found WMD's in Iraq or that Saddam was in cahoots with Bin Laden over 9/11, you wouldn't be allowed to vote anymore.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2008, 07:22 PM
I didn't listen, but if this ever happened you could kiss the republican party goodbye.
Why comment then? :shootme

balli
10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Why comment then? :shootme
Because I find it interesting enough to espouse my own opinions on the matter, if not interesting enough to download someone else's.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2008, 07:28 PM
3 mins of your life is all you have to give up.

balli
10-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Hell, if I was black, race would probably be the largest factor in my decision too. If the point was to make Obama voters look stupid or racial-minded, well okay, but it really comes to me as no surprise that if you go into poor, inner-city areas and ask a bunch of questions about politics you're going to get some whack answers back.

If anything, it wasn't a condemnation of the intelligence or racial bias of Obama supporters, but rather, a condemnation of inner-city education and inner-city living conditions; a mainly conservative invention.

dallaskd
10-13-2008, 07:41 PM
All these black people may say they are going to vote for Obama, but 20% don't even know they have to be registered to vote, 35% of them don't know where to vote, 15% percent will forget, and 30% won't get off their ass to do it.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2008, 07:42 PM
People are just stupid. This prank could have been pulled off in any city, with any race, and either candidate.

boutons_
10-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Jay Leno's "Jay Walking" makes the same point.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I just answered an e-mail from somebody who asked if the flag in the video linked below was a new Obama US flag. This person also asked if there had ever been a presidential candidate who'd created his own flag.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/27165502#27165502

Greg Oden
10-13-2008, 07:53 PM
All these black people may say they are going to vote for Obama, but 20% don't even know they have to be registered to vote, 35% of them don't know where to vote, 15% percent will forget, and 30% won't get off their ass to do it.

What a racist faggot.

balli
10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
What a racist faggot.

+1... and fuck mma.

Anti.Hero
10-13-2008, 07:57 PM

hahahahahaha

Such a blind individual.

Yes, I think people should have to pass some sort of test to vote.

balli
10-13-2008, 08:05 PM
hahahahahaha

Such a blind individual.
Nevermind this one 3 minute snippet of a Howard Stern show, if that's the criteria you wanna use, well buddy, that's your prerogative:

Then again, appealing to an anti-intellectual with science is kind of moot. Howard Stern is probably best for a "man" like you.

Study finds left-wing brain, right-wing brain
Even in humdrum nonpolitical decisions, liberals and conservatives literally think differently, researchers show.

Exploring the neurobiology of politics, scientists have found that liberals tolerate ambiguity and conflict better than conservatives because of how their brains work.

In a simple experiment reported todayin the journal Nature Neuroscience, scientists at New York University and UCLA show that political orientation is related to differences in how the brain processes information.

Previous psychological studies have found that conservatives tend to be more structured and persistent in their judgments whereas liberals are more open to new experiences. The latest study found those traits are not confined to political situations but also influence everyday decisions.

The results show "there are two cognitive styles -- a liberal style and a conservative style," said UCLA neurologist Dr. Marco Iacoboni, who was not connected to the latest research.

Participants were college students whose politics ranged from "very liberal" to "very conservative." They were instructed to tap a keyboard when an M appeared on a computer monitor and to refrain from tapping when they saw a W.

M appeared four times more frequently than W, conditioning participants to press a key in knee-jerk fashion whenever they saw a letter.

Each participant was wired to an electroencephalograph that recorded activity in the anterior cingulate cortex, the part of the brain that detects conflicts between a habitual tendency (pressing a key) and a more appropriate response (not pressing the key). Liberals had more brain activity and made fewer mistakes than conservatives when they saw a W, researchers said. Liberals and conservatives were equally accurate in recognizing M.

Researchers got the same results when they repeated the experiment in reverse, asking another set of participants to tap when a W appeared.

Frank J. Sulloway, a researcher at UC Berkeley's Institute of Personality and Social Research who was not connected to the study, said the results "provided an elegant demonstration that individual differences on a conservative-liberal dimension are strongly related to brain activity."

Analyzing the data, Sulloway said liberals were 4.9 times as likely as conservatives to show activity in the brain circuits that deal with conflicts, and 2.2 times as likely to score in the top half of the distribution for accuracy.

Sulloway said the results could explain why President Bush demonstrated a single-minded commitment to the Iraq war and why some people perceived Sen. John F. Kerry, the liberal Massachusetts Democrat who opposed Bush in the 2004 presidential race, as a "flip-flopper" for changing his mind about the conflict.

Based on the results, he said, liberals could be expected to more readily accept new social, scientific or religious ideas.

"There is ample data from the history of science showing that social and political liberals indeed do tend to support major revolutions in science," said Sulloway, who has written about the history of science and has studied behavioral differences between conservatives and liberals.

Lead author David Amodio, an assistant professor of psychology at New York University, cautioned that the study looked at a narrow range of human behavior and that it would be a mistake to conclude that one political orientation was better. The tendency of conservatives to block distracting information could be a good thing depending on the situation, he said.

Political orientation, he noted, occurs along a spectrum, and positions on specific issues, such as taxes, are influenced by many factors, including education and wealth. Some liberals oppose higher taxes and some conservatives favor abortion rights.

Still, he acknowledged that a meeting of the minds between conservatives and liberals looked difficult given the study results.

"Does this mean liberals and conservatives are never going to agree?" Amodio asked. "Maybe it suggests one reason why they tend not to get along."

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-13-2008, 08:07 PM

So what you're saying is that no black people will vote?

Anti.Hero
10-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Nevermind this one 3 minute snippet of a Howard Stern show, if that's the criteria you wanna use, well buddy, that's your prerogative:

Then again, appealing to an anti-intellectual with science is kind of moot. Howard Stern is probably best for a "man" like you.

Son what is this spewing of anti-science and anti-intellectual. :sleep:sleep Were those the libtard words of the day??? They have you trained well my friend.

Time to go feed my pet Dinosaur.

dallaskd
10-13-2008, 08:19 PM
So what you're saying is that no black people will vote?

No, but the thugs on the street corners and average Harlem joe isn't registered and won't vote, sorry. No racism. The same thing happend in 2002 with Tony Sanchez in the Texas governor race.

balli
10-13-2008, 08:29 PM
No, but the thugs on the street corners and average Harlem joe isn't registered and won't vote, sorry. No racism. The same thing happend in 2002 with Tony Sanchez in the Texas governor race.

My theory is that black America is going to vote in huge and unexpected numbers. I think African-Americans are lying to pollsters (saying they won't vote), more or less to keep the white man from realizing just how overwhelmingly Obama is going to win. In any event, if I was black I damn sure wouldn't tell anybody that I was going to vote.

I hate to break it to you, but most black people aren't thugs on street corners or average Harlem joes, whatever that is.

dallaskd
10-13-2008, 08:33 PM
My theory is that black America is going to vote in huge and unexpected numbers. I think African-Americans are lying to pollsters (saying they won't vote), more or less to keep the white man from realizing just how overwhelmingly Obama is going to win. In any event, if I was black I damn sure wouldn't tell anybody that I was going to vote.

I hate to break it to you, but most black people aren't thugs on street corners or average Harlem joes, whatever that is.

I am talking about these specific idiots in harlem and other cities like it. Of course the black vote will swing the decision, but these kind of people in the interview are not going to vote.

marini martini
10-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey shut up!!!! I think there should be a maximum age limit to vote! No one over 75 should be able to vote, because, they probably won't see the end of the presidential term, and chances are if they're still alive, they've already sucked their S.S., and are in the early stages of dementia, so they don't give a shit!!!!:toast

exstatic
10-13-2008, 11:41 PM
hahahahahaha

Such a blind individual.

Yes, I think people should have to pass some sort of test to vote.

You ever heard of the Southern Strategy? GOP's been using it since 1980.

Bubba ain't smart.

Solid D
10-14-2008, 12:00 AM

I am talking about these specific idiots in harlem and other cities like it. Of course the black vote will swing the decision, but these kind of people in the interview are not going to vote.

First of all, by saying "All these black people" and then breaking "All these black people" into percentages of 20%, 35%, 15% and 30% equalling 100%, basically says that ALL these black people are either ignorant, uninformed, forgetful or lazy. You said it so now defend yourself... unless you are either too ignorant, uninformed, forgetful or lazy to do so, dallaskd.

By the way, Harlem is not a city. Harlem is a NYC neighborhood.

Spurminator
10-14-2008, 12:06 AM
If I had to choose one of the following from whom to strip the right to vote:

1. Stupid people
2. People who think it would be a good idea to require intelligence tests to earn the right to vote

I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat.

baseline bum
10-14-2008, 12:15 AM

1. Stupid people
2. People who think it would be a good idea to require intelligence tests to earn the right to vote

I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat.

The latter is a subset of the former.

TheSanityAnnex
10-14-2008, 01:58 AM

1. Stupid people

I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat.Because casting a vote based purely on race makes one intelligent. And this goes for both candidates.

Solid D
10-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Because casting a vote based purely on race makes one intelligent. And this goes for both candidates.

Normally, I would think you are being sarcastic...but in re-reading both sentences, I think it would be helpful if you expand a bit more on this type of answer.

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2008, 08:49 AM
There's a reason the founding fathers wanted the president to be decided by an elite electoral college

S_A_Longhorn
10-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Well if people would have to pass a test before voting, then the Republican party would disappear.

SAGambler
10-14-2008, 10:19 AM
or reproduce.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-14-2008, 10:50 AM
In theory, I wouldn't mind seeing something akin to the citizenship exam that immigrants have to take. I don't think it's too much to ask that a person prove they have a basic grasp of how government works before they are given the right to tell it what to do.

In reality I think all it would do is expose how poorly educated so much of this country is and add yet another layer in the process that party machines would manipulate and defraud.

Spurminator
10-14-2008, 10:57 AM
There are a lot of problems with that. For one thing, regardless of your degree of political awareness, you are still affected by the decisions of the people we put in office. I may not know how many Senators we have, or the difference between the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence, but if I feel very strongly about Immigration, and I'm an American citizen, I should have the right to vote on that issue.

Another problem is that if you limit voting based on education, more than likely one of the two major parties is going to benefit from a poorly educated populace. I'd like to think that members of this party would not be so power hungry as to mold their education policy in a way that further deteriorates education and strengthens their advantage at the polls, but that's not a risk I'm comfortable with.

ashbeeigh
10-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Hey shut up!!!! I think there should be a maximum age limit to vote! No one over 75 should be able to vote, because, they probably won't see the end of the presidential term, and chances are if they're still alive, they've already sucked their S.S., and are in the early stages of dementia, so they don't give a shit!!!!:toast

But what about John mccain marini? :lol

travis2
10-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Hell, if I was black, race would probably be the largest factor in my decision too. If the point was to make Obama voters look stupid or racial-minded, well okay, but it really comes to me as no surprise that if you go into poor, inner-city areas and ask a bunch of questions about politics you're going to get some whack answers back.

If anything, it wasn't a condemnation of the intelligence or racial bias of Obama supporters, but rather, a condemnation of inner-city education and inner-city living conditions; a mainly conservative invention.

Excuse me?

Bigoted much?

balli
10-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Excuse me?

Bigoted much?
Against who? Conservatives?

travis2
10-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah...

Anti.Hero
10-14-2008, 12:01 PM
You ever heard of the Southern Strategy? GOP's been using it since 1980.

Bubba ain't smart.

I also know a large demographic the dems depend on every 4 years.

This whole "bubba" angle is completely one-sided blindness.

I Love Me Some Me
10-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I thought all men were created equal.

TheSanityAnnex
10-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Normally, I would think you are being sarcastic...but in re-reading both sentences, I think it would be helpful if you expand a bit more on this type of answer.No need to expand, it was sarcasm.

Many PackYao
10-14-2008, 02:08 PM
What a racist faggot.
Dirk4mp3 is that you?:lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-14-2008, 06:13 PM
The latter is a subset of the former.

I was thinking the same thing.

But I'm confused as to why TSA is lobbying to prevent himself from being able to vote. It makes no sense.