PDA

View Full Version : Tsa

Greg Oden
10-13-2008, 07:21 PM
We all know you're a notorious hater of the Manning family especially Eli, all things considered.

Would you rather have him in place of Rivers as your franchise QB today?

IronMexican
10-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Eli > Rivers.

Rivers has always had a better team and never got it done.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Not a chance. Sure Eli won a ring, but I'd still take Rivers over him any day. Compare their stats this year, its not even close. I don't think I could root for the Chargers with Eli at QB. Fuck that.

And I don't hate Peyton, just Eli and Archie.

IronMexican
10-13-2008, 07:28 PM
What a hater.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2008, 07:29 PM
No shit.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2008, 07:30 PM
We all know you're a notorious hater of the Manning family especially EliQFT

IronMexican
10-13-2008, 07:32 PM
All hating aside, you would still take Eli?

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2008, 07:39 PM
All hating aside, you would still take Eli?I believe I already answered this, no.

Greg Oden
10-13-2008, 07:50 PM
I can see hating Archie. He's the kinda guy that thinks if he farts its makes his surroundings smell better.

Purple & Gold
10-13-2008, 08:15 PM
:lol :lol It's funny when TSA asks himself questions. But as much as I think Rivers will be a solid/solid QB and how good Merriman is I'd still take Eli over both of them. What he did in last years playoffs and Super Bowl convinced me of how good a player he already is and how much he will improve. He'll probably get another Ring before it's all said and done.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
:lol :lol It's funny when TSA asks himself questions. It's even funnier when dumbasses such as yourself think that I would create a Greg Oden troll.

You forgot to mention that the Eli trade also landed the Chargers Nate Kaeding.

Purple & Gold
10-13-2008, 08:32 PM
It's even funnier when dumbasses such as yourself think that I would create a Greg Oden troll.

:rolleyes :rolleyes

You forgot to mention that the Eli trade also landed the Chargers Nate Kaeding.

Did you really say Nate Kaeding :lol :lol

He's a good player, but not even close to the same level that the other 3 are at. Shouldn't even be in the discussion. Kickers can be found much easier than Top Quality QB's. And no Rivers ain't one yet, maybe he will be but not yet. Kaeding right now = Carney in his advanced age. Chargers fucked themselves by shafting Carney and Brees. They'd probably have a Ring by now if they wouldn't have stuck it to them.

IronMexican
10-13-2008, 08:33 PM
It's pretty obvious TSA is Greg Oden. I've heard it from people on the inside.

Greg Oden
10-13-2008, 08:33 PM
You've got to have shit for brains to think I'm TSA.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2008, 08:37 PM
how is rivers not a top qb yet? His stats put him at #1 right now.

Purple & Gold
10-13-2008, 08:38 PM

:lmao :lmao @ when Kings fans were tanking for your services.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Agreed.

Purple & Gold
10-13-2008, 08:42 PM

He hasn't even done it for a complete season. He's close but not there yet. I've seen many QB's light it up for a year or half a year and then disappear. Not that I think Rivers will, but it's just the nature of the toughest position in the NFL. Eli gets a pass from this cause he won a Ring. I don't consider him a top QB yet.

Ohhh and the Chargers will never win it all till they learn how to stop the run. That means nixing the 3-4 defense.

Greg Oden
10-13-2008, 08:43 PM

Saw a stat on ESPN today saying Romo was #1 in TD passes since sometime in 06. Does that make him the best QB in the nfl?

Greg Oden
10-13-2008, 08:44 PM
:lmao :lmao @ when Kings fans were tanking for your services.

I'm pretty sure you go to bed every night wishing I was on the Lakers and not the scrub lakerfans are holding on to now.

IronMexican
10-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Saw a stat on ESPN today saying Romo was #1 in TD passes since sometime in 06. Does that make him the best QB?

I can't believe a stat like that. serious? Brady threw 50 last year, I thought he would run away with this category.

Purple & Gold
10-13-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm pretty sure you go to bed every night wishing I was on the Lakers and not the scrub lakerfans are holding on to now.

:sleep :sleep :sleep How many Pro regular season minutes have you played?

monosylab1k
10-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Rivers > Eli and it's not even close. I've got a ton of respect for Eli after the Super Bowl, but still, he was just at the right place at the right time. Philip Rivers can win a Super Bowl without a guy having to catch a football on his helmet.

Purple & Gold
10-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Rivers > Eli and it's not even close. I've got a ton of respect for Eli after the Super Bowl, but still, he was just at the right place at the right time. Philip Rivers can win a Super Bowl without a guy having to catch a football on his helmet.

Not even close?? Had to have a guy catch a football on his helmet?? Still bitter??

monosylab1k
10-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Not even close?? Had to have a guy catch a football on his helmet?? Still bitter??

I just said I have a ton of respect for what he did you fucking non-reading faggot. But let's be honest, a whole ton of lucky ass shit had to happen (not just in the SB, but in every other playoff game) for Eli to be in position to throw a football onto a guy's helmet. Eli is solid but nowhere near the level of QB that Rivers is. He's got confidence right now but I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Eli goes back to being the Eli of old before the season is over, and staying that way the rest of his career.

Purple & Gold
10-13-2008, 11:00 PM
I just said I have a ton of respect for what he did you fucking non-reading faggot. But let's be honest, a whole ton of lucky ass shit had to happen (not just in the SB, but in every other playoff game) for Eli to be in position to throw a football onto a guy's helmet. Eli is solid but nowhere near the level of QB that Rivers is. He's got confidence right now but I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Eli goes back to being the Eli of old before the season is over, and staying that way the rest of his career.

New York wasn't supposed to do shit in the playoffs. Nobody thought they were gonna win. Hell all their games where on the road. He led them through the playoffs and to a Super Bowl victory. Can't take that away or chalk it up to luck. Maybe he does revert to his old form, but I guarantee you Charger fans would trade a career from a better QB with no Championship for a Ring from a lesser one and nothing after. Eli won a Ring so as of right now he's a better QB. Rivers has had a stacked team and hasn't won yet. (Not his fault just the truth) I think he will be an excellent QB for many years, but if Eli was on that team last year I think they win it all with a hurt LT and no Merriman.

monosylab1k
10-13-2008, 11:01 PM
You gotta be a god damn moron to think that Eli "led" his team to the Super Bowl and then won it.

Three guys did that: Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, and Justin Tuck.

Eli just helped out by not fucking things up as much as he normally does.

monosylab1k
10-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Eli won a Ring so as of right now he's a better QB.

:lmao

Dilfer > Marino

Purple & Gold
10-13-2008, 11:04 PM
:lmao

Dilfer > Marino

Careers are over for those two. Let's not get out of hand. We are talking about 2 young QB's here with a lot of future ahead. Lets try to stay on topic.

Purple & Gold
10-13-2008, 11:06 PM
You gotta be a god damn moron to think that Eli "led" his team to the Super Bowl and then won it.

Three guys did that: Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, and Justin Tuck.

Eli just helped out by not fucking things up as much as he normally does.

The defense played great for them and deserves all the props. But Eli led those drives at the end of the game against a solid Patriot defense. I'd say he led his team to that SB victory.

TheSanityAnnex
10-14-2008, 12:34 AM
I can't think of any Charger fan who would trade Rivers for Eli. I was at that first game in San Diego, trust me, we HATE Eli.

Greg Oden
10-14-2008, 03:51 AM
One area I will say Rivers has a definite advantage is mental toughness. Rivers bumps his gums more than any other qb in the league and doesn't take shit from anybody, whereas Eli is as fragile minded as they come. With the way Eli's chode was bloaded tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to mega suck mode for the rest of the year.

KidCongo
10-14-2008, 03:57 AM
Rivers is coming into is own. 2006 season X5

monosylab1k
10-14-2008, 08:41 AM
I'd say he led his team to that SB victory.

If Tom Brady didn't spend half the game with his face in the dirt, Eli would never have been in position to do shit at the end.

stretch
10-14-2008, 08:45 AM
If Tom Brady didn't spend half the game with his face in the dirt, Eli would never have been in position to do shit at the end.

You could say the same for Tom Brady and his rings. Without that defense finding a way to stall out Kurt Warner and the Rams, they don't win their first. Same for their second and third, there is NO WAY Brady is going to win a shootout against Peyton Manning, but with their defense giving Manning and his offense all kinds of fits, it put Brady in position to make plays and win the games as long as he doesn't make mistakes.

monosylab1k
10-14-2008, 08:49 AM
You could say the same for Tom Brady and his rings. Without that defense finding a way to stall out Kurt Warner and the Rams, they don't win their first. Same for their second and third, there is NO WAY Brady is going to win a shootout against Peyton Manning, but with their defense giving Manning and his offense all kinds of fits, it put Brady in position to make plays and win the games as long as he doesn't make mistakes.

You can say that one Super Bowl win is a fluke, but once you've done it 3 times, you're not a fluke anymore. Once you're a 3 time SB winning quarterback, "it's the defense" doesn't apply.

The Baltimore Ravens have had one of the more dominant NFL defenses of all-time for a decade now, and they've got one SB ring to show for it. Why? Shitty quarterbacking. Defense wins championships, but quarterbacks are the cornerstone of a dynasty.

If Eli wins a couple more then obviously I'm wrong, but sorry I'm not going to project greatness from a guy who up until about Week 14 of last season was considered the Village Idiot of the entire NFL. He played great when it counted, but he's given nobody any reason to suggest he's going to keep that consistency.

Rivers > Eli > Roethlisberger

J.T.
10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
The Chargers have Patrick Ewing Theory written all over them this year...they should trade LT and I bet you they'll go undefeated the rest of the way, straight to Tampa.

monosylab1k
10-14-2008, 02:19 PM
The Chargers have Patrick Ewing Theory written all over them this year...they should trade LT and I bet you they'll go undefeated the rest of the way, straight to Tampa.

:tu LT is holding that team down so bad it's ridiculous. Once Philip Rivers comes out and lets everyone know "this is not LT's team anymore, this is MY team" and they stop pretending that LT is a leader, the Chargers will do something big in the playoffs.

bostonguy
10-15-2008, 12:53 AM

QFT!

The Pats D was the biggest strength during those 3 championships. Brady played great and all, but the Pats win zero championships without that dominating D.

lol Mcfadden