PDA

View Full Version : Pistons or the Heat?

The_Game
02-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Which team do you expect to come out of the east?

MaNuMaNiAc
02-14-2005, 12:34 PM
what do you mean? Come out as conference champion? I pick the Heat, just because they've got a new born Shaq. Unselfish yet powerful when the circumstances demand.

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 12:35 PM
I want the pistons to win because the Spurs will have an easier time beating them

The_Game
02-14-2005, 12:48 PM
i don't see how..pistons play amazing defense and have the size to contend duncan.

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 12:50 PM
i don't see how..pistons play amazing defense and have the size to contend duncan.

thats why I want the pistons to beat the heat

so we dont have to worry about Rasho gaurding shaqueer

BigVee
02-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Pistons

td4mvp21
02-14-2005, 01:05 PM
I want the pistons to win because the Spurs will have an easier time beating them

um actually detroit will be harder to beat. i dont think alot of people realize how suffocating their defense is. They held several opponents in teh playoffs last year and several this year to thirty percent, 29 percent shooting. Not just bad offensive teams either. I think both are gonna be hard, assuming we make it because we might not, but detroit is definitely gonna be tougher. thats why i still pick them to come out of the east.

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 01:07 PM
um actually detroit will be harder to beat. i dont think alot of people realize how suffocating their defense is. They held several opponents in teh playoffs last year and several this year to thirty percent, 29 percent shooting. Not just bad offensive teams either. I think both are gonna be hard, assuming we make it because we might not, but detroit is definitely gonna be tougher. thats why i still pick them to come out of the east.

the thing with thr pistons is that they dont have any big scorers, we have a better defense then the pistons so they will score alot less

Parker, gino, and TD can have HUGE games on any given night. That cannot be said for the pistons

SLOVENIAN 8
02-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Pistons with Big Ben

The_Game
02-14-2005, 01:16 PM
the thing with thr pistons is that they dont have any big scorers, we have a better defense then the pistons so they will score alot less

Parker, gino, and TD can have HUGE games on any given night. That cannot be said for the pistons

Be real here...billups, Hamilton and sheed can all have big scoring nights. Hell even Mcdyess can give you 20 and arroyo has been known to score as well. The difference between the spurs and the pistons is the spurs have more offense..the defense is about the same and when the pistons defense is at it's best i feel it's abit better than the Spurs. It would come down to offense and which offensive team can score more against great defense.

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Be real here...billups, Hamilton and sheed can all have big scoring nights. Hell even Mcdyess can give you 20 and arroyo has been known to score as well. The difference between the spurs and the pistons is the spurs have more offense..the defense is about the same and when the pistons defense is at it's best i feel it's abit better than the Spurs. It would come down to offense and which offensive team can score more against great defense.

Spurs dont have an anwser to Shaqueer but have an anwser to anyone on the pistons team

plus we dont have to worry about big ben droppin 27pts on rasho, ben wallace scroing 15pts is a great game for him

boutons
02-14-2005, 01:19 PM
I've seen DET struggle horrendously to score, very mysterious.

The Spurs O would struggle badly vs Pistons defense, as would theirs agains ours.

I figure a Pistons - Spurs Finals would be all 7 games under 100 pts, with serveral under 90 pts.

The_Game
02-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Spurs dont have an anwser to Shaqueer but have an anwser to anyone on the pistons team

plus we dont have to worry about big ben droppin 27pts on rasho, ben wallace scroing 15pts is a great game for him

no but mcdyess could score againsr Rasho if the pistons go with a prince,sheed,dice frontline at times.

billups always kills parker as well

dougp
02-14-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm going for the Wizards in the East ... underdogs all the way!

Dre_7
02-14-2005, 01:27 PM
If the NBA finals were a Det-SA matchup, the league would prolly hate it. It would the most low scoring finals ever. LOL. Ratings would diffinately not be that high. I would love it regardless, I love the Spurs D. But others dont like the "boring" San Antonio Spurs. LOL

Rummpd
02-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Have been saying the Pistons all year and won't change now, their play of late has been better and they are still a deeper team than the Heat.

TwoHandJam
02-14-2005, 01:51 PM
I think there is a very slim chance that the Heat get past the Pistons. Maybe around 5%.

wildbill2u
02-14-2005, 07:54 PM

Like most people, I don't understand why the Pistons have been so flat this year--but watching them last year I thought they had the most complete package other than our Spurs.

For those of you who don't remember, Wallace handled Shaq without any major problems and took him to school in the final game. If they get their act together, then they can do it all and will be the East champs.

FearDaFro
02-14-2005, 11:24 PM
The Pistons with Arroyo are much, MUCH better offensively than they were last year. Its like night and day.

Arroyo gives us what JWill used to give the Kings: infectious passing. The Pistons run more, make GREAT passes and don't turn the ball over anymore.

The Pistons last 8 wins have come by an AVERAGE margin of victory of 18.3ppg.

take our last 3 games for example:

vs. LA- 103-81 W

Pistons as a team: 30 assists, 9 turnovers.

Arroyo: 8 pts, 7ast, 0 TOs.

vs Washington 107-86 W

Pistons as a team: 33 assists, 10 turnovers.

Carlos Arroyo: 2 points, 3 assists, 1 TO.

vs Milwaukee 107-83 W

Pistons as a team: 32 assists, 4 TOs (franchise record)

Carlos Arroyo: 15 points, 6 assists, 0 TOs.

The last time a Pistons team had 30 assists 3 games in a row was back in 1987 with Isiah running the show. Arroyo is doing for us on offense what Rasheed Wallace did for us on defense last season. We're a much more confident team with him running the offense.

This team is BETTER than last year, because we actually have an OFFENSE now.

T Park
02-14-2005, 11:33 PM
^^^ Thats plain old scary there.