PDA

View Full Version : Would you vote for David Robinson if he ran for President?

whottt
10-14-2008, 04:00 AM
Yes or no.

Creepn
10-14-2008, 05:59 AM
He's an elitist.

SpursFanFirst
10-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Wow, Whottt...You must be really bored.

jman3000
10-14-2008, 07:43 AM
He'd be great for Secretary of Defense.

baseline bum
10-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Depends on if he would push his beliefs on the nation and who he was running against. Actually, more of the first since David is certainly a man of integrity who wouldn't take bribes.

baseline bum
10-14-2008, 11:01 AM
The more I think about it, yes, unless he fought for teaching creationism in science classes. He's obviously extremely intelligent, seeing that he was a mathematician at the Naval Academy, and he didn't dodge his military commitment like Bush and Dick even though he had an easy out. In conclusion, yeah, I'd most likely vote for David.

Galileo
10-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I would if he ran on the Libertarian Party ticket and opposed the racist war on drugs.

boutons_
10-14-2008, 11:33 AM
David is completely unqualified for President, I wouldn't vote for him, but his disqualification qualifies him as an ideal Repug candidate. :)

Cry Havoc
10-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Provisionally. If he spent a few years learning how politics work, I absolutely would. He's intelligent, he's got more character in his arm than our last 3 presidents have in their entire bodies.

It would be amusing to watch the opposite party attempt to assail him on anything but his lack of experience. There are only a few people I believe have zero skeletons in their closets... David is one of those guys.

Plus he's built like a Greek statue. Can you imagine Putin trying to stare him down? Might work... until D-Rob stands up. Oops.

Anti.Hero
10-14-2008, 12:11 PM
David is completely unqualified for President, I wouldn't vote for him, but his disqualification qualifies him as an ideal Repug candidate. :)

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL wtf

Clandestino
10-14-2008, 12:12 PM
no, because he is black

Wild Cobra
10-14-2008, 12:14 PM

I had to vote YES for The Admiral because he must be qualified if Boutons says he's not!

Anti.Hero
10-14-2008, 12:14 PM
You all would NOT want to see this happen.

The left are vicious towards black conservatives the most.

Cry Havoc
10-14-2008, 12:18 PM
You all would NOT want to see this happen.

The left are vicious towards black conservatives the most.

If anyone could handle that criticism gracefully, it would be David. Not saying he would win or anything, but I'd probably vote for him. If the conditions were right.

ElNono
10-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't. But mostly because I wouldn't want him to get into the slime that is the Political world.

hater
10-14-2008, 12:56 PM
He is not a liar so he has no chance to even be elected PTA president

possessed
10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
If he chose Howie Long as his running mate, absolutely. I'd be hard pressed to note vote in two of my favorite athletes of all time.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2008, 01:11 PM
This poll proves how fucking stupid the general public is. People who clicked the yes button should have their real life voting registration revoked.

dirk4mvp
10-14-2008, 01:16 PM
If he chose Howie Long as his running mate, absolutely. I'd be hard pressed to note vote in two of my favorite athletes of all time.

You'd vote for him because he's a favorite athlete of yours? Excellent reason!

possessed
10-14-2008, 01:20 PM
You'd vote for him because he's a favorite athlete of yours? Excellent reason!

And a far better athlete than the soft douchebag in your avatar.

I have to laugh at anyone taking this thread too seriously. Go buy a hooker and unwind, I think you're wrapped a little too tight.

dirk4mvp
10-14-2008, 01:22 PM
And a far better athlete than the soft douchebag in your avatar.

I have to laugh at anyone taking this thread too seriously. Go buy a hooker and unwind, I think you're wrapped a little too tight.

He's about as soft as Dirk is.

Dirk has just a good of a chance to be Gov. of Texas as Robinson has to be president :bking

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2008, 01:24 PM
This poll proves how fucking stupid the general public is. People who clicked the yes button should have their real life voting registration revoked.

He's better then the two guys we got now.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Better person: Yeah probably.

Thats as far as I can take. I'm sure D-Robs answer to the recession would be to pray.

SpursFanFirst
10-14-2008, 01:33 PM

:lmao Where do you come up with your avatars? They're hysterical!

baseline bum
10-14-2008, 01:33 PM

That's stupid as hell... I'd love to be able to vote in a politician that's intelligent and not for sale. Unfortunately, our political system makes that almost impossible.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2008, 01:51 PM
That's stupid as hell... I'd love to be able to vote in a politician that's intelligent and not for sale. Unfortunately, our political system makes that almost impossible.Sure why not just vote anyone who isn't for sale in. It would be soooo refreshing to have a guy who knows nothing get a chance to live the dream.

Here's a better list of potential canidates.

John Goodman
Ralph Macchio
Mark McGuire
Tony Stewart
The old red head from Facts of Life
My neighbor Julio the electrician

baseline bum
10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Sure why not just vote anyone who isn't for sale in. It would be soooo refreshing to have a guy who knows nothing get a chance to live the dream.

Here's a better list of potential canidates.

John Goodman
Ralph Macchio
Mark McGuire
Tony Stewart
The old red head from Facts of Life

None of them are all that smart.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2008, 02:01 PM
None of them are all that smart.Because you've personally tested their apptitude and performed a battery of intellect tests.

Your mentality is why a guy like McCain thought he could pull off this whole Palin charade. Nevermind wanting to find someone who knows their shit we really need to concentrate on finding random people to fill important positions that affect our nation. So long as we think their smart and people like them.

timvp
10-14-2008, 02:17 PM
If someone is going to discount Robinson for his inexperience, that person better be discounting Obama for his inexperience as well. I'd say someone like Robinson who has been under the public microscope for 20+ years, dealt with success and failure in front of the world with grace and who has an unsurpassed and proven humanitarian drive would be just as qualified (or even more so) than a guy who has been under the microscope for an insignificant amount of time and whose biggest asset politically is not having much of a political record.

I'm likely voting for Obama, but none of my reasoning is based on anything Obama has done politically. And I'd say that is the case for 90% of the people voting for him. I think he's a good leader who is pretty smart and who seems to have decently high character.

But you ask me to bet my life right now on whether Obama or Robinson is more likely to hold true the virtues of the POTUS ... I'd say Robinson, no question asked.

That said, Obama would destroy Robinson in an election. Obama has no qualms about making up crap to help him get elected. I don't think Robinson is capable of playing the dirty game that is politics.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2008, 02:21 PM
I question Robinson as a leader. He never could get it done until Tim showed up. Obama may be less experienced than some but he's a lot better versed in the regular happenings and workings of our government than someone who knows nothing at all.

MannyIsGod
10-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Only if he was running against either Karl Malone or Avery Johnson.

timvp
10-14-2008, 02:28 PM
I question Robinson as a leader. He never could get it done until Tim showed up.If General Patraeus was commanding the Mexican army, would the US be in trouble?

Obama may be less experienced than some but he's a lot better versed in the regular happenings and workings of our government than someone who knows nothing at all.Politics is a damn easy game to learn. In about a month, a smart person can learn everything there is to learn about politics. You are giving way too much credit to the average politician in Washington.

baseline bum
10-14-2008, 02:35 PM
If General Patraeus was commanding the Mexican army, would the US be in trouble?

:lol

I think David would be at least centrist economically (dude gives huge money to help the lives of the economically disadvantaged), and I think he'd push religion more in the direction of being taught in philosophy classes where it belongs and not in science. I don't think many politicians are as intelligent as DRob either.

Anti.Hero
10-14-2008, 02:37 PM
This shit is so funny.

Look who will mostly win the presidency. Obama. A dude who has ties to the shit stains trying to CHANGE America and a good guy like D Rob isn't political enough. :lol

Case fucking closed. :lmao

Anti.Hero
10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Robinson is not qualified.

He doesn't have an amazing political camp behind him consisting of Axlerod & co., he doesn't have youth/goodlooks, he would not be a liberal and promise everyone the world, he wouldn't get to run against 8 previous years of Bush...

You all wanted someone "not of washington" at the beginning of this, now that Obama has 21 months of homework under his belt, D Rob isn't qualified :lmao

You all wanted a "different politician" who would clean up Washington because of his hardcore convictions and love for America. Obama is not above it all. He does not speak out against his party when they have done wrong. He does not go against those he has run with in the past when it is proven they are doing wrong.

But D Rob would be unqualified :lmao while Obama is qualified. :rollin

Tully365
10-14-2008, 03:13 PM

+1

baseline bum
10-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Because you've personally tested their apptitude and performed a battery of intellect tests.

Your mentality is why a guy like McCain thought he could pull off this whole Palin charade. Nevermind wanting to find someone who knows their shit we really need to concentrate on finding random people to fill important positions that affect our nation. So long as we think their smart and people like them.

Um no, Palin's a retard. She doesn't know shit, and is too stupid to learn. Plus, her integrity is a big fucking lie.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-14-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm putting him, with Sean Elliott as the VP, as my write in candidate.

remingtonbo2001
10-14-2008, 03:41 PM

Amen.

Oh, Gee!!
10-14-2008, 03:54 PM
no, because he's never been a maverick

Anti.Hero
10-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Um no, Palin's a retard. She doesn't know shit, and is too stupid to learn. Plus, her integrity is a big fucking lie.

And Obama's isn't?

He was not the man I used to know.

He has changed since I used to know him.

He was just in the neighborhood.....What?...I thought he was rehabilitated...

I was unaware they were involved in such tactics...What?...I never worked for them...What?...I never gave them any money.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2008, 04:33 PM
I won't argue that

tp2021
10-14-2008, 04:36 PM
no, because he's never been a maverick

:lmao

angel_luv
10-14-2008, 05:21 PM

:lol

FromWayDowntown
10-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Trite as it sounds, I couldn't answer the question without knowing what sorts of policy choices the Admiral would make. Names and affiliations don't get my vote -- policy positions guide me in most circumstances. David could be all sorts of things, but if he offered policies that jived with my views, I could respect him and admire him and would vote for him in a heartbeat. If he offered policies that were greatly at odds with my views, I could respect him and admire him, but not vote for him.

scott
10-14-2008, 06:37 PM

+1

whottt
10-14-2008, 06:44 PM
That said, Obama would destroy Robinson in an election. Obama has no qualms about making up crap to help him get elected. I don't think Robinson is capable of playing the dirty game that is politics.

Drob would smear Obama...Drob goes against type, Obama doesn't. You have to play against type to break glass ceilings of the Presidential Nature.

Like Palin is about to do...

It's kinda like when Denzel Washington went against type and played the bad guy in Training Day...instant Oscar, and I said to my friend as we left the theater he was going to win the Oscar for that movie...even though the movie itself wasn't that good.

baseline bum
10-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Drob would smear Obama...Drob goes against type, Obama doesn't. You have to play against type to break glass ceilings of the Presidential Nature.

Like Palin is about to do...

It's kinda like when Denzel Washington went against type and played the bad guy in Training Day...instant Oscar, and I said to my friend as we left the theater he was going to win the Oscar for that movie...even though the movie itself wasn't that good.

LMAO @ comparing Palin to Robinson. A better comparison for Palin would be Vinny Del Negro.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-15-2008, 12:28 AM
LMAO @ comparing Palin to Robinson. A better comparison for Palin would be Vinny Del Negro.

That's unfair. Palin could defend, run the point, and was clutch.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27091580/

BRHornet45
10-15-2008, 12:30 AM
17 votes for no???? wow there are a lot of racist in here

cherylsteele
10-15-2008, 12:51 AM
What do you care.......you said in another thread you aren't going to vote at all.