PDA

View Full Version : Pacman to Miss More Games than Romo

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2008, 01:48 PM
but not as many as Matt McBriar

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643240

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2008, 01:49 PM
that is based on the assumption that Romo is only out for the three weeks + bye as earlier reported.

monosylab1k
10-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Goodell also said he'd crack down on teams that gave guys like Pacman a chance....look for the Cowboys to lose a draft pick.

Evan
10-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Goodell also said he'd crack down on teams that gave guys like Pacman a chance....look for the Cowboys to lose a draft pick.

they get one back though.

Forget it…I do not blame Jerry for trying but this dude is too much. I say cut him and shrug it off.

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Just throw that guy out of the league already for good. Pacman is clearly never going to get himself under control. He has been a headcase since day one.

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 01:54 PM
they get one back though.

Forget it…I do not blame Jerry for trying but this dude is too much. I say cut him and shrug it off.

I actually don't know what Jerry was thinking. Bring in this guy with a long rap sheet of problems to a team that already had huge ego's and some chemistry issues. Bad idea, if you ask me.

Obstructed_View
10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Jerry should have suspended him. The Cowboys should get punished for trying to sweep this shit under the rug.

Obstructed_View
I actually don't know what Jerry was thinking. Bring in this guy with a long rap sheet of problems to a team that already had huge ego's and some chemistry issues. Bad idea, if you ask me.

I wouldn't have a problem with giving him a chance, but you can't fucking coddle him, which is clearly what Jerry's doing.

BacktoBasics
What a massive over reaction. Typical Goodell power trip. Guilty even when proven innocent as long as your name is Adam Jones and you're one of Goodells black workhorses.

Evan
10-14-2008, 01:59 PM
I actually thought he would last at least 2 seasons.

ATRAIN
10-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Damn my cowboy off season voodoo worked like a charm.

King
10-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Larry Johnson has three assault charges against a girlfriend. Marvin Harrison owned a gun that shot a guy.

Haven't seen too much on the penalty front from Goodell's office for these two.

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 02:04 PM
What a massive over reaction. Typical Goodell power trip. Guilty even when proven innocent as long as your name is Adam Jones and you're one of Goodells black workhorses.

The moron got into a scuffle with a bodyguard the Cowboys actually assigned to him, trying to help keep his ass out of trouble. This is after he was let back into the league by Goodell after he was arrested like 10 times and was a part of the incident that resulted in someone being shot at a strip club. Pacman is a disaster and has nobody to blame but himself.

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Larry Johnson has three assault charges against a girlfriend. Marvin Harrison owned a gun that shot a guy.

Haven't seen too much on the penalty front from Goodell's office for these two.

Goodell let Pacman off the hook, until he was arrested for like the 10th damn time.

Evan
10-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Goodell let Pacman off the hook, until he was arrested for like the 10th damn time.

agree

pacman deserved this 100%.

Pistons < Spurs
10-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Good!

Hopefully the Cowboys target Patrick Surtain now, and give my Chiefs a draft pick for him!

BlackSwordsMan
10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
racist!

Evan
10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Good!

Hopefully the Cowboys target Patrick Surtain now, and give my Chiefs a draft pick for him!

EDIT -- 3pm is the deadline

BacktoBasics
10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
The moron got into a scuffle with a bodyguard the Cowboys actually assigned to him, trying to help keep his ass out of trouble. This is after he was let back into the league by Goodell after he was arrested like 10 times and was a part of the incident that resulted in someone being shot at a strip club. Pacman is a disaster and has nobody to blame but himself.
So you're not allowed to argue with anyone. The situation was defused rather quickly and because its him its been blown up.

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
So you're not allowed to argue with anyone. The situation was defused rather quickly and because its him its been blown up.

It was more supposedly than an argument, the Cowboys have tried to downplay it and you need to be on your best behavior in all aspects of conduct when you are re-instated but on probation like he was. He was lucky to be back in the league at all.

Whisky Dog
10-14-2008, 02:22 PM
No surprise, the Cowboys get back their 4th rd pick and get to keep their 6th that would have gone - the experiment failed and it's time to just cut the fool and move on. Not like he was doing anything worth a shit anyways, I think Jenkins and Scandrick can basically do what he was doing and might even do a little better.

JudynTX
10-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Jerry should have suspended him. The Cowboys should get punished for trying to sweep this shit under the rug.

Amen!

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 02:23 PM
No surprise, the Cowboys get back their 4th rd pick and get to keep their 6th that would have gone - the experiment failed and it's time to just cut the fool and move on. Not like he was doing anything worth a shit anyways, I think Jenkins and Scandrick can basically do what he was doing and might even do a little better.

That's another thing. Pacman is a good player but it is not like he is the best in the league at his position. He is hardly irreplaceable, this is not LT we are talking about here. His act is tired, he needs to go already.

Whisky Dog
10-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I don't fault Jerry for giving it a shot just like he did with Tank, but so far Tank has been steady while Pacman has been a bust. I don't view it as a mistake to trade for him given the terms they were able to get, but now that he's f'd up and you have your draft picks back it's essential that you know when to cut and move on. That time is now.

The Cowboys are basically starting over with a 4-2 record, go back to basics and try to get some sort of stability on the team and win as many of the next 3 as you can until Romo and Felix return then go from there to make a playoff push.

Evan
10-14-2008, 02:28 PM

No no no no….this is because he was drinking. That violates his parole.

Pistons < Spurs
10-14-2008, 02:42 PM
JERRY JONES: “WE RESPECT AND SUPPORT” GOODELL’S DECISION

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 14, 2008, 3:38 p.m. EDT

When news first broke that Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones was in trouble again, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones called talk of a suspension “ridiculous.”

Now that Pacman has actually been suspended, Jerry is singing a different tune.

The team issued a brief statement today in which Jerry Jones shows support for the indefinite suspension, which was handed down by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell today.

“We respect and support the decision of the commissioner,” Jerry Jones said. “I regret that this issue has brought negative attention to the Cowboys and the NFL.We move forward with a very clear knowledge as to what the process will be for a possible re-instatement. Adam is well aware of where he stands and what he has to do.”

Whether Jerry Jones actually respects and supports the decision or not, he no doubt realizes that it would be foolish of him to criticize the suspension publicly. Jerry has already been fined by the league once this season, and it’s a safe bet that if he were to side with Pacman against Goodell, his second fine would cost him a lot more than $25,000.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/14/jerry-jones-we-respect-and-support-goodells-decision/

PeterBurns
10-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Look for him to do jail time now.
He sat down with NFL Security, they asked him and his bodyguard what happened.
They fessed up that he had a drink, but it was no big deal. Thinking everything would be all good.

Goodell flips his s***, suspends him, and now he is violation of his parole. You'll probably see him in court before a Cowboys jersey.

samikeyp
10-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Dude deserves to be locked up. He was given a chance and fucked it up.

monosylab1k
10-14-2008, 02:51 PM
The crazy thing is that as soon as all this is over, some team will give him another chance. Hell it might be the Cowboys.

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 02:54 PM
The crazy thing is that as soon as all this is over, some team will give him another chance. Hell it might be the Cowboys.

Not sure about that. He has proven that he can't behave himself, Goodell has his career by the balls right now. Any Fuck up and he is out, he's not really worth the risk.

ATRAIN
10-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Dude deserves to be locked up. He was given a chance and fucked it up.

They need to lock him up in a federal pound him in the ass prison.

samikeyp
10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Exactly.

"Suck on this power pellet, bitch!" :lol

monosylab1k
10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Not sure about that. He has proven that he can't behave himself, Goodell has his career by the balls right now. Any Fuck up and he is out, he's not really worth the risk.

Someone as talented as Pacman is always going to be worth the risk to somebody. He'll get another chance, just like Michael Vick will get a chance as soon as he's out of prison and reinstated.

Whisky Dog
10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
They need to lock him up in a federal pound him in the ass prison.

Federal prisons are typically not that type, and that's why they're called "Club Fed". Plus, you'd have to break federal law to go there.

I think you'd rather have him in a state pen.

samikeyp
10-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Federal prisons are typically not that type, and that's why they're called "Club Fed". Plus, you'd have to break federal law to go there.

I think you'd rather have him in a state pen.

Ok, State pound you in the ass prison. :)

Whisky Dog
10-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Ok, State pound you in the ass prison. :)

Having worked in a couple of them in Texas, I can pretty much assure his ass won't be the only thing getting pounded.

Evan
10-14-2008, 03:02 PM
I bet the Cowboys keep his rights no matter what.

tonylongoriafan
10-14-2008, 03:07 PM
so what exactly did pacman do wrong last week? i don't see the equation to a indefinite suspension...typical cowboy hatred!

jack sommerset
10-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Pacman is one dumb mother fucker.

PeterBurns
10-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Can we put him, OJ, and Vick in the same jail.

Whisky Dog
10-14-2008, 03:18 PM
so what exactly did pacman do wrong last week? i don't see the equation to a indefinite suspension...typical cowboy hatred!

Violated parole conditions by getting liquored up and then getting his ass kicked by his body guard.

Seriously, if you're going to pick a fight don't pick one with a guy who's business it is to fight.

Also, just found out that the body guard and everyone Jerry hired to keep Pacman out of trouble have just been fired.

IceColdBrewski
10-14-2008, 03:20 PM
What an ass. He deserves it. ESPN's Ed Werder reported last Sunday that Pacman was telling teammates the fight was a lot more violent than the public was lead on to initially believe. So fuckin stupid that he can't even keep his mouth shut when it benefits him.

From what I've heard, again from Ed Werder. Pacman wasn't allowed to go to clubs, parties or indulge in alcohol. The guy is just a joke. He's been given every opportunity to straighten his life out, but he just won't do it.

And Jerry Jones is an even bigger tool than PacMan Jones. Keep trying to polish a turd, and all you'll get is shit on your hands.

samikeyp
10-14-2008, 03:23 PM

He broke the rules and deserved to be punished accordingly.

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Someone as talented as Pacman is always going to be worth the risk to somebody. He'll get another chance, just like Michael Vick will get a chance as soon as he's out of prison and reinstated.

Who would give Vick a chance?? Bring him on board so Animal Rights activists can flood your office with angry letters and phone calls and then he can go out there, throw 10 INT's, run the ball out of desperation and lose games for you, like he did in Atlanta no thanks. Vick was a total bust long before his conviction. As far as Pacman and his talent, he is not that good. He can play but he is far from irreplaceable and not remotely worth the head-aches. He has half the talent that Dion Sanders did and is twice the pain in the ass. Goodell is itching for any chance to throw his butt out of the league for good and he has proven he has ZERO self control.

jack sommerset
10-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Cowboys were smart picking Jenkins in first round this year. They get 2 draft picks back from the Titans because Pacman was suspended. Call the expierment a failure but one you did not lose anything on.

Why in the hell did this cat not stay home. I know. He is a dumb mother fucker.

Whisky Dog
10-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Who would give Vick a chance?? Bring him on board so Animal Rights activists can flood your office with angry letters and phone calls and then he can go out there, throw 10 INT's, run the ball out of desperation and lose games for you, like he did in Atlanta no thanks. Vick was a total bust long before his conviction. As far as Pacman and his talent, he is not that good. He can play but he is far from irreplaceable and not remotely worth the head-aches. He has half the talent that Dion Sanders did and is twice the pain in the ass. Goodell is itching for any chance to throw his butt out of the league for good and he has proven he has ZERO self control.

Vick will get a chance somewhere, no doubt. If not for the big contract they gave Romo it probably would have been with a star on the helmet.

samikeyp
10-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Vick will get a chance somewhere, no doubt. If not for the big contract they gave Romo it probably would have been with a star on the helmet.

Nahh...not even JJ is that crazy.

Whisky Dog
10-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Why in the hell did this cat not stay home. I know. He is a dumb mother fucker.

He had to keep it real with his man http://www.rapsearch.com/news/images/ludacris.jpg

Whisky Dog
10-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Nahh...not even JJ is that crazy.

Jerry probably thought about contacting the pen for terms on a work release program.

samikeyp
10-14-2008, 03:40 PM
He had to keep it real with his man http://www.rapsearch.com/news/images/ludacris.jpg

Now he will keep it real....real boring on Sunday afternoons watching the games on TV.

What a dipshit.

samikeyp
10-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Jerry probably thought about contacting the pen for terms on a work release program.

Maybe. :lol

He wouldn't go for Vick because of the public relations hit. Signing Pac-Man caused a bit of a stir but mainly in the football world, the average citizen who is not a football fan didn't care. Signing Vick would be way too much of a PR bomb. Getting football fans pissed is one thing but when you have non-football fans picketing your brand new stadium, that is too risky.

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 03:54 PM

I suppose. You bring Vick in and you will turn whatever team chemistry you have right on it's fucking head. All anyone will want to talk about in the locker room is "Vick Vick, Vick," it will be a media cricus. The pressure on him to perform will be ridiculous and he has proven in Atlanta he isn't that good anyway. Just not worth the head-ache if i am given the option.

monosylab1k
10-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Doesn't matter what media circus it brings, if Michael Vick comes out of prison and runs a 4.3 forty, he'll have a job in the NFL.

samikeyp
10-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Doesn't matter what media circus it brings, if Michael Vick comes out of prison and runs a 4.3 forty, he'll have a job in the NFL.

Sad but true.

jack sommerset
10-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I personally could care less if Vick killed dogs and/or let dogs fight. If you do care you should feel good about his punishment. Lost around 100 million and 1-2 years in jail. Any NFL team that signs Vick, the PR guy comes forward and says "Vick has been punished for his crimes". Vick is not Pacman. Vick was not arrested 13 times. I doubt Vick will be sneaking off to dog fights.

samikeyp
10-14-2008, 04:08 PM
I personally could care less if Vick killed dogs and/or let dogs fight. If you do care you should feel good about his punishment. Lost around 100 million and 1-2 years in jail. Any NFL team that signs Vick, the PR guy comes forward and says "Vick has been punished for his crimes". Vick is not Pacman. Vick was not arrested 13 times. I doubt Vick will be sneaking off to dog fights.

Seems Arthur Blank agrees with you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643552

Evan
10-14-2008, 04:10 PM

People forget half of his problem was lying in statements he gave to feds.

tlongII
10-14-2008, 04:11 PM
The Cowboys remind me of the old Jail Blazers.

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 04:24 PM

I think when you weigh everything out, it won't be worth bringing him on. The mess he'll bring with him will ruin your team.

Obstructed_View
10-14-2008, 04:37 PM
The Cowboys remind me of the old Jail Blazers.

Then you must not know much about the Blazers. The 90's Cowboys were more similar.

JustSpurs
10-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Then you must not know much about the Blazers. The 90's Cowboys were more similar.

I was thinking of the "Cocain Cowboys" of the 70's.

Clandestino
10-14-2008, 06:18 PM
he's black...what do people expect.. we shouldn't expect athletes that got a free ride in college to be model citizens.

The Franchise
10-14-2008, 06:42 PM

I agree. Vick has more than paid for his mistakes. Had anyone in here lost what he did and had to go to jail as well, apologetic would be the last thing you would be. If PETA were to bother him after all the shit he's been through that would just be sad. As far as him getting another chance that is all but guaranteed. Contrary to what most of them will tell you the average person likes drama and confusion. The team that brings him in will sell tickets just because people will want to be a part of the spectacle. The worse your team is the better off you'll be once you get him. Vick coming out of prison is the perfect storyline for a big payday.

ShoogarBear
10-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I heard that Jerry is inquiring into when Lawrence Phillips might become available.