PDA

View Full Version : The sky is not falling Ibid. and Rasho bashing

Rummpd
02-14-2005, 02:00 PM
I was negative s/p this game too but almost exactly a day has cleared my head to move on and still support a great team strong with full belief that s/p all the BS this past week, it is ok Spurs still having a good rodeo trip etc.

My feeling now is that if the Spurs can lay an egg that bad defensively, shoot 39%, play selfishly on offense, give an unispired effort much of the time, and only lose by 4 on road = no worries, they can and should be able raise their level more vs. a team that was celebrating this victory as if it was SuperBowl Sunday, even if that team picks up an aging warrior and comes out of the East (doubtful still in my view).

I am also convinced that this team may struggle next 10 games around All Star game but then will close it out in normal Spur style with a sense of urgency as players begin to heal.

Also,everyone is so negative on Rasho, chill please, - at least he took 10 shots this time and to me that is actually a good sign = I agree put it on the floor some but overall if you give him that shot and he keeps shooting some from outside; and makes 3-4 (which he is fully capable of doing) = it is a pretty good strategy to pull centers out. I thought the key is that he was probably about 2-3 feet farther out that he needed to be from watching him shoot that "jumper" last year and in the early part of this year when he was hitting.

If I was Pop I would say to him keep shooting, just go a little bit in closer if possible most of the time.

T Park
02-14-2005, 05:59 PM
^ Agree.

If he can shoot the ball more, every game like that 8 to 10 shots, those shots are gonna start falling.

Theres a reason he was a 50% shooter in Minnesota, hes got a good shot, as ugly as it may be.

Keep shooting 8 to 10 shots a game, jumpers mixed with the sweeping hook, and hell be averaging 8 and 8 by the end of the year.

DuncanMVP
02-14-2005, 06:01 PM
The Heat did like they just won the Superbowl

The Spurs really had a poor outing and didnt play with much intensity

usckk
02-14-2005, 06:06 PM
People need to stop with all the Spurs bashing. Can't we all be happy?

boutons
02-14-2005, 06:33 PM
"Can't we all be happy?"

When the Spurs play every game to win, then I'll be happy. (even if they don't win. I don't expect them to win every game).

Ain't nothing that pisses off this fan more than a team that doesn't play to win. The Spurs have laid 3 eggs in a row.

And then we should not be surprised if they play down to NO, and lose, Wed night?

SequSpur
02-14-2005, 08:25 PM
s/p?

Are you in the medical field?

1Parker1
02-14-2005, 08:33 PM
LOL. Hence the title under his screen-name. "The good Doctor."

SequSpur
02-14-2005, 10:41 PM
LOL. Hence the title under his screen-name. "The good Doctor."

:lol

Didn't catch that.......

Saying s/p is a medical term if I'm not mistaken.

Status post?

Does the layperson know what that means?

Rummpd
02-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Sorry try to limit the abbreviatons.