PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann scorches McCain on campaign tactics

hitmanyr2k
10-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I've never seen him get this heated before :lol

rhBuPHbSjqg

Wild Cobra
10-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Olbermann is a total idiotic leftist pundit. I place more merit in Common Dreams (http://www.commondreams.org/) than him, and I have no respect for that leftist propaganda site!

FromWayDowntown
10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa

I won't listen because it's Olbermann, no matter how right he might be about the inappropriateness of the tactics used by the McCain campaign

lalalalalalalalalala

People saying that Obama should be killed are right and shouldn't be repudiated at every instance of spewing such inanity at campaign rallies.

lalalalalalalalalala

Volunteers who insist upon perpetuating xenophobic and racist nonsense should continue to work for a Presidential campaign.

lalalalalalalalalala

Xylus
10-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Olbermann is 100% correct on this point.

Wild Cobra
10-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Olbermann is 100% correct on this point.
Why?

Giving idiots recognition only emboldens tghem to do it more often. Should the campaign visit be nothing be kept on message, or become a fight between those disrupting it?

I say IGNORE idiots and stay on message.

P.S.

This is already yesterdays news. Olbermann is late. I though that's what the Man with Monkey Doll at McCain rally was going to be about until I watched that video.

cool hand
10-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Olbermann is a total idiotic leftist pundit. I place more merit in Common Dreams (http://www.commondreams.org/) than him, and I have no respect for that leftist propaganda site!

dude we are so far to the right, hilter is getting crowded.....the leftists as you call them are acutally right of center...you are just too stupid to understand this fact.

BRHornet45
10-15-2008, 12:22 AM
dude we are so far to the right, hilter is getting crowded.....the leftists as you call them are acutally right of center...you are just too stupid to understand this fact.

cool hand john!!!

timvp
10-15-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm at a loss for what Obama backers want McCain and company to do. Do they want him just to give up and hand the election to Obama?

In reality, Obama doesn't have anything to attack. He's too new to the political game and he's done a pretty good job of avoiding any type of sticky controversy during his ascension. On top of that, Obama's policies are either what most Americans want or are purposely too vague to truly attack.

The Obama backers already have McCain walking on eggshells because if he does anything that can be construed as being racist or xenophobic or disrespectful, the Obama backers come out in full emo mode crying foul. McCain has to have some ammunition in this fight. Sure, it's dirty politics to pull the terrorist card on Obama but what else is there to do? Anything else McCain tries, Obama just has to pull the Bush card and McCain loses the argument.

The "kill him" type moments are unfortunate and extremely uncalled for but since when do politicians stop speeches to respond to a single bad apple in the audience? And besides, McCain has already come out and said Obama isn't terrorist, isn't an Arab and is a decent person. What more should he do? Start campaigning for Obama?

Personally, I think Obama backers just need to sack up. Obama has a commanding lead in the polls and everything is working out quite nicely. Those of use voting for him will be happy with the result. Turning into a babbling emo on television like Olbermann or whining about new ish everyday is lame. Let McCain and co. grasp at the few straws they have left. You aren't going to solve racism, xenophobia, bigotry and every other national ill with crocodile tears.

boutons_
10-15-2008, 08:06 AM
"Obama backers want McCain and company to do"

raise the level of his campaign out of the sewer

stop the lying and sliming and character assassination

stop the inflaming the nativist/xenophobic/racist rabble

stop selecting totally incompetent, unqualified VPs with a black hole for a conscience

The independents are massively going HUSSEIN because they say they are turned off by McNasty's nastinss, by his character assassinations, by his VP choice.

timvp
10-15-2008, 08:09 AM
"Obama backers want McCain and company to do"

raise the level of his campaign out of the sewer

stop the lying and sliming and character assassination

stop the inflaming the nativist/xenophobic/racist rabble

stop selecting totally incompetent, unqualified VPs with a black hole for a conscience

The independents are massively going HUSSEIN because they say they are turned off by McNasty's nastinss, by his character assassinations, by his VP choice.If you switched hats and became a McCain backer, what would your gameplan be to defeat Obama?

DarrinS
10-15-2008, 08:16 AM
I would take any "scorching" by mouth-foaming Olberman as a compliment.

Supergirl
10-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Timvp,
We all lose when our national political scene is reduced to name-calling and threats against political leaders lives.

This is not the democracy our founding fathers envisioned.

Cry Havoc
10-15-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm at a loss for what Obama backers want McCain and company to do. Do they want him just to give up and hand the election to Obama?

In reality, Obama doesn't have anything to attack. He's too new to the political game and he's done a pretty good job of avoiding any type of sticky controversy during his ascension. On top of that, Obama's policies are either what most Americans want or are purposely too vague to truly attack.

The Obama backers already have McCain walking on eggshells because if he does anything that can be construed as being racist or xenophobic or disrespectful, the Obama backers come out in full emo mode crying foul. McCain has to have some ammunition in this fight. Sure, it's dirty politics to pull the terrorist card on Obama but what else is there to do? Anything else McCain tries, Obama just has to pull the Bush card and McCain loses the argument.

The "kill him" type moments are unfortunate and extremely uncalled for but since when do politicians stop speeches to respond to a single bad apple in the audience? And besides, McCain has already come out and said Obama isn't terrorist, isn't an Arab and is a decent person. What more should he do? Start campaigning for Obama?

Personally, I think Obama backers just need to sack up. Obama has a commanding lead in the polls and everything is working out quite nicely. Those of use voting for him will be happy with the result. Turning into a babbling emo on television like Olbermann or whining about new ish everyday is lame. Let McCain and co. grasp at the few straws they have left. You aren't going to solve racism, xenophobia, bigotry and every other national ill with crocodile tears.

Or maybe McCain should actually start talking more about his policies and his plan to pull America out of the economic crisis? You know, it's just a thought. Are you actually defending the idea that, "Well if a person is new, we have no ammo against them, so let's make up some hateful shit and go with it"? Because this is not a game or a meaningless contest. If enough people get pissed that McCain is going to lose this election, it's eventually going to find someone who wouldn't mind taking a shot at Obama, should he win the election.

McCain claimed he would take the high road, claimed he loved his country first, and now we're left with this. A smoking wreck of a campaign that is moving forward on a platform of hate and playing on people's prejudices about skin color. "Scare people into voting white." It has a nice ring to it.

Spurminator
10-15-2008, 09:18 AM
McCain has spoken about his economic plan but that's not what makes news. Apparently it also doesn't make news when he objects to audience members who mischaracterize Obama during Q&A. The Ayers connection is nothing new in Presidential politics... Yeah, I'd love to see both candidates stick to the issues and campaign in a civilized and respectful manner but let's not pretend McCain is the first to get dirty in a race when he's behind in the polls.

The people at these rallies are very passionate partisans, so by nature there are going to be some idiots. Probably a lot, frankly. It's why I can't stand going to political rallies. But my vote won't be swayed based on the worst examples of either side's fanbase.

whottt
10-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Obama 2 Weeks ago:

Say it to my face

McCain:

Ok, you can bet on the fact that I am going to bring it up in the next debate

Obama now:

He's going to bring it up to distract you from the real issue of the economy

Anti.Hero
10-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Obama 2 Weeks ago:

Say it to my face

McCain:

Obama now:

That's just Robin'Hood being Robin'Hood.

RandomGuy
10-15-2008, 10:28 AM

I know that there will always be a streak of real nastiness in any election, but the kinds of things they are saying really really are skirting the edge of being truly dangerous.

I'm not talking about the occasional "kill him" by some idiot at a rally.

What concerns me genuinely is the whipping up of raw anger on the part of the base.

I am reminded nothing so much as the riots in Africa, where after some elections, winners and losers will set each other's houses on fire.

Do I think that will happen here if/when McCain/Obama loses? Not really. I consider that unlikely.

BUT

Statements that really attempt to whip up the most nasty, xenophobic, dark side of our nature increase the likelihood of that faster than many would admit.

I hope that it is the usual election year bullshit, but have the feeling after getting a sense of the underlying emotions, that it is a bit more serious this time around.

That concerns me.

Findog
10-15-2008, 10:33 AM
If you switched hats and became a McCain backer, what would your gameplan be to defeat Obama?

drop Palin and ask Romney to be my running mate, and then run as the ticket that better understands the economy.

ElNono
10-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Obama 2 Weeks ago:

Say it to my face

McCain:

Obama now:

link? I don't think Obama said anything about this... But maybe in your alternate reality he did... Or maybe you really wished that he did...

hitmanyr2k
10-15-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm glad McCain got called out on trying to spin John Lewis's words to make himself look like the victim. It just convinced me even more that the old John McCain of 2000 is dead and buried. We're now left with this lying piece of shit and his dumber than dirt sidekick.

johnsmith
10-15-2008, 11:04 AM
LOL, Olbermann does it and is praised.........conservative talk radio does it, and they are pure evil.

Oh, Gee!!
10-15-2008, 11:12 AM
LOL, Olbermann does it and is praised.........conservative talk radio does it, and they are pure evil.

conservative talk radio called out McCain?

timvp
10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Or maybe McCain should actually start talking more about his policies and his plan to pull America out of the economic crisis? You know, it's just a thought.And, yeah, what will Obama do? Pin the Bush card on him and McCain will lose once again.

The economy is perhaps Obama's second biggest ally in this election (next to Bush's approval ratings). You want McCain to win the election by concentrating on one of Obama's main strengths?

Great plan.

Are you actually defending the idea that, "Well if a person is new, we have no ammo against them, so let's make up some hateful shit and go with it"? No, I'm defending the idea that McCain should basically just give up. Most of the smears coming from McCain aren't made up. Are they truthful? No really but they are common political twists of reality. I don't get why Obama backers are turning emo when McCain isn't doing anything that hasn't been done thousands of times before in every presidential election in history.

Because this is not a game or a meaningless contest. If enough people get pissed that McCain is going to lose this election, it's eventually going to find someone who wouldn't mind taking a shot at Obama, should he win the election. So McCain should be nice so Obama doesn't get assassinated? Newsflash -- there are going to be people who want to kill Obama no matter what McCain says or does. We, as a country, just have to trust the Secret Service can do their job. We can't hand the election over to Obama just out of fear of a few nut jobs.

McCain claimed he would take the high road, claimed he loved his country first, and now we're left with this. A smoking wreck of a campaign that is moving forward on a platform of hate and playing on people's prejudices about skin color. "Scare people into voting white." It has a nice ring to it.Now McCain is playing on skin color? Links please.

Thanks.

McCain has spoken about his economic plan but that's not what makes news. Apparently it also doesn't make news when he objects to audience members who mischaracterize Obama during Q&A. The Ayers connection is nothing new in Presidential politics... Yeah, I'd love to see both candidates stick to the issues and campaign in a civilized and respectful manner but let's not pretend McCain is the first to get dirty in a race when he's behind in the polls.Exactly.

I know that there will always be a streak of real nastiness in any election, but the kinds of things they are saying really really are skirting the edge of being truly dangerous.

I'm not talking about the occasional "kill him" by some idiot at a rally.

What concerns me genuinely is the whipping up of raw anger on the part of the base.Examples? There are going to be people who are pissed that a black man will be president no matter what. An angry racist is an oxymoron.

I am reminded nothing so much as the riots in Africa, where after some elections, winners and losers will set each other's houses on fire.There will be a bit of upheaval once Obama is elected ... but that was coming no matter what. It'll be highlighted by the media for a few months but it will die down.

drop Palin and ask Romney to be my running mate, and then run as the ticket that better understands the economy.Ah yes, walk into the Obama's wheelhouse while at the same time disenfranchising the Religious Right -- the one segment of the population is keeping this race even halfway competitive. Great idea :lmao

Findog
10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Ah yes, walk into the Obama's wheelhouse while at the same time disenfranchising the Religious Right -- the one segment of the population is keeping this race even halfway competitive. Great idea :lmao

Hey, you asked me what I would do if I woke up today and I was Steve Schmidt. You got a better idea for how to win this election for McCain? Their strategy of jerking off the base ISN'T working.

Like asking me how the Mavs are going to win a title with Jason Kidd as their starting PG.

timvp
10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Timvp,
We all lose when our national political scene is reduced to name-calling and threats against political leaders lives.

This is not the democracy our founding fathers envisioned.Seriously?

Alexander Hamilton, a Federalist founding father, had many political disagreements with Aaron Burr, a Republican. To settle, they met for a duel. Hamilton lost.

Is that the type of national political scene you want? Instead of a debate tonight, perhaps Obama and McCain can challenge each other to a duel.

Let's take it old school.

:hat

ElNono
10-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Seriously?

Alexander Hamilton, a Federalist founding father, had many political disagreements with Aaron Burr, a Republican. To settle, they met for a duel. Hamilton lost.

Is that the type of national political scene you want? Instead of a debate tonight, perhaps Obama and McCain can challenge each other to a duel.

Is that going to be on PPV? oh wait, they're just going to be debating...

timvp
10-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey, you asked me what I would do if I woke up today and I was Steve Schmidt. You got a better idea for how to win this election for McCain? Their strategy of jerking off the base ISN'T working.

Like asking me how the Mavs are going to win a title with Jason Kidd as their starting PG.Status quo > that idea.

That'd be like saying the Mavs should try to win the championship by trading Jason Kidd for Jerome James and then make up for their defense by running more.

DarrinS
10-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Seriously?

That's not fair. McCain would only be able to raise his shooting arm to balls level.

Findog
10-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Status quo > that idea.

That'd be like saying the Mavs should try to win the championship by trading Jason Kidd for Jerome James and then make up for their defense by running more.

McCain is losing because he's blabbering on about Bill Ayers and how he and Obama used to have homosexual Muslim abortion parties back in the sixties instead of talking about the economy. Romney gives him cred on the economy, and really, where else does the base have to go? If Obama is so scary, they'll fall in line.

Honestly, I think McCain is toast, so you're basically asking me to throw jello at the wall and see if it will stick, to use some McCain nomenclature.

timvp
10-15-2008, 04:05 PM
That's not fair. McCain would only be able to raise his shooting arm to balls level.True, but then again Obama is the bigger target. And, knowing McCain, he'll probably trip and crash taking his ten paces . . .

InRareForm
10-15-2008, 04:34 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...