PDA

View Full Version : Greeks to offer Kobe 83Mil??? untaxed!!!!

florige
10-15-2008, 12:17 PM
http://www.faniq.com/blog/Kobe-Bryant-To-Be-Offered-83-Million-By-Greek-Team-Olympiakos-Blog-12724

benefactor
10-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Meh...pretty shaky sources. Nothing to see here methinks.

Sissiborgo
10-15-2008, 12:48 PM
WOW:rolleyes

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-15-2008, 12:52 PM
If there's any truth to this then I wouldn't blame the guy for bolting, but I have my doubts.

xtremesteven33
10-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I dont think this is entirely true, but if it is.......Kobe will not leave L.A.

BacktoBasics
10-15-2008, 12:56 PM
As much as Kobe loves money he loves being an attention whore even more. He just wouldn't get the lime light like he does in LA.

z0sa
10-15-2008, 01:06 PM
But he would be a true 83 mil richer.

BacktoBasics
10-15-2008, 01:19 PM
"If a Kobe falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Dude couldn't deal being dramaless.

Allanon
10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm not sure where he got his info but it's $60 million over 3 years.

Which equates to $20 million a season un-taxed.... since it's no-taxes and nice amenities, let's prorate that to an NBA $35 million a year.

The Lakers will be offering $25 million a season taxed.

Kobe would make $10 million less contract wise in the NBA but if you add in endorsements, Kobe's money making in the US blows away the overseas money.

Next year, Kobe will make about $45 million a year in salary + endorsements in the US.

Money wise, Kobe makes more in the US and if you add in the chance to re-write NBA history books and records, it's a no-brainer for Kobe to stay in the US.

Spur-Addict
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM

Which equates to $20 million a season un-taxed.... since it's no-taxes and nice amenities, let's prorate that to an NBA $35 million a year.

Kobe would make $10 million less contract wise in the NBA but if you add in endorsements, Kobe's money making in the US blows away the overseas money.

Next year, Kobe will make about $45 million a year in salary + endorsements in the US.

Money wise, Kobe makes more in the US and if you add in the chance to re-write NBA history books and records, it's a no-brainer for Kobe to stay in the US.

So we should accept the assumption of no endorsements overseas? Gotcha.

Or accept that they won't be as lucrative? Gotcha.

Medvedenko
10-15-2008, 01:50 PM
He's not going anywhere for the time being. Now, later in his career I can see it.

T Park
10-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Maybe when hes 40, slowed down, and the Euros advantage of thinking they are a better league than the NBA is gone, then maybe.

Many PackYao
10-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Kill Bill forum

Anti.Hero
10-15-2008, 02:17 PM
That wouldn't be very patriotic of him.

MajorMike
10-15-2008, 02:27 PM

I don't completely agree with the endorsement thing. You know many stars go overseas to get HUGE endorsement deals because they aren't seen as sellouts here in the states when their face/song/actions aren't seen peddling soap and gum and shoes and all that stuff.

Additionally, Kobe just saw 1st hand how huge he is overseas. The Chinese went absolutely apeshit over him.

PLUS, he is already a superstar here. If he goes to Greece, he is playing Euroball, which opens up all of Europe, each individual country and media outlet and product, with endorsement opportunities.

Lastly, he knows what Euroball is all about and sees others going there as an opportunity to be the undesputed most popular player in the world.

I don't think he will go; HOWEVER, I don't agree with all of the reasons everyone is spouting.

Euoball is just crap ball compared to the NBA, anyway.

florige
10-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Maybe when hes 40, slowed down, and the Euros advantage of thinking they are a better league than the NBA is gone, then maybe.

But yeah T-Park, who's to say that he will get this kind of deal when he is 40?

Allanon
10-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't completely agree with the endorsement thing. You know many stars go overseas to get HUGE endorsement deals because they aren't seen as sellouts here in the states when their face/song/actions aren't seen peddling soap and gum and shoes and all that stuff.

Additionally, Kobe just saw 1st hand how huge he is overseas. The Chinese went absolutely apeshit over him.

PLUS, he is already a superstar here. If he goes to Greece, he is playing Euroball, which opens up all of Europe, each individual country and media outlet and product, with endorsement opportunities.

Lastly, he knows what Euroball is all about and sees others going there as an opportunity to be the undesputed most popular player in the world.

I don't think he will go; HOWEVER, I don't agree with all of the reasons everyone is spouting.

Euoball is just crap ball compared to the NBA, anyway.

Out of sight and out of mind. The US is still the largest consumer market in the world.

If you look at all the top endorsement athletes in the world, the mega endorsement deals are still in the US.

Kobe currently has about $16 million in endorsement deals which would have to be replaced. Not only that, I don't doubt that his current endorsement contracts stipulate that he must be playing in the NBA to get paid.

Kobe's not getting $16 million in endorsements playing in the Euroleague.

Kobe must honor his contracts or pay a few million to get out of them...he paid $8 million to get out of his Addidas contract. Kobe's Nike contract runs at least until 2011-2012 so it's not as easy as packing his bags.

Even with Tax free dollars, Kobe would still make far more money in the US if offered $20 million overseas. Europe would have to come up with at least $40 million a year before Kobe would even consider it. He's already laughed at the idea of a $50 million dollar a year offer. :lol

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Exactly how much money does one man need? He makes 20 plus mil a year in salary, a ton of money in endorsement he is already rich beyond almost anyone's dreams. Plus Kobe's legacy is all about the NBA. He is not going down with a great legacy if he flees overseas for the rest of his career for a payday

florige
10-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Exactly how much money does one man need? He makes 20 plus mil a year in salary, a ton of money in endorsement he is already rich beyond almost anyone's dreams. Plus Kobe's legacy is all about the NBA. He is not going down with a great legacy if he flees overseas for the rest of his career for a payday

You never know how much debt a person could be in either. It would not surprise me if he were to leave. That is alot of freakin money.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 03:19 PM
You never know how much debt a person could be in either. It would not surprise me if he were to leave. That is alot of freakin money.

Kobe is not in debt. What does he have a 50,000 a week drug habbit or something?? Kobe is not going anywhere. His legacy means too much to him and he can flush that down the toilet if he goes. Nobody will ever talk about him again if he leaves the NBA for Europe. He'll be irrelevant. He's too arrogant to let that happen.

TDMVPDPOY
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
kobe kobe....foreign tax is a bitch, tax paid on behalf from the greeks is also assessable, a free house, traveling expenses are all fring benefits, yeh thats right you gotto declare that shit also...IRS looms

florige
10-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Kobe is not in debt. What does he have a 50,000 a week drug habbit or something?? Kobe is not going anywhere. His legacy means too much to him and he can flush that down the toilet if he goes. Nobody will ever talk about him again if he leaves the NBA for Europe. He'll be irrelevant. He's too arrogant to let that happen.

That part I happen to agree with. :hat

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Imagine the Headline

"Kobe leaves LA Lakers, one of the most storied franchises in sports, for a payday in Europe"

Okay bye Kobe, nobody will ever hear from you again.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-15-2008, 06:57 PM
kobe kobe....foreign tax is a bitch, tax paid on behalf from the greeks is also assessable, a free house, traveling expenses are all fring benefits, yeh thats right you gotto declare that shit also...IRS looms

Wrong Greek salaries is net. How many times this need be said in this forum like 2 million times? Childress is net all his money he have say it like 10 time already and still we have the NBA fans argue about this.:rolleyes

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Out of sight and out of mind. The US is still the largest consumer market in the world.

If you look at all the top endorsement athletes in the world, the mega endorsement deals are still in the US.

Kobe currently has about $16 million in endorsement deals which would have to be replaced. Not only that, I don't doubt that his current endorsement contracts stipulate that he must be playing in the NBA to get paid.

Kobe's not getting $16 million in endorsements playing in the Euroleague.

Kobe must honor his contracts or pay a few million to get out of them...he paid $8 million to get out of his Addidas contract. Kobe's Nike contract runs at least until 2011-2012 so it's not as easy as packing his bags.

Even with Tax free dollars, Kobe would still make far more money in the US if offered $20 million overseas. Europe would have to come up with at least $40 million a year before Kobe would even consider it. He's already laughed at the idea of a $50 million dollar a year offer. :lol

I hate Olympiacos but you are say just stupid things. Olympiacos has 11 sponsors. It is also one of richest and biggest sport clubs in all world and is much bigger and much richer then any sport club in US like in US they say how Cowboys and Yankees is so rich and big and they are very poor and small compare to club like Olympiacos.

Owners of team is said would consider give Kobe part of 11 sponsors the team have. This is many time more money than he make from endorsement in US. This is like joke to even compare them. Childress is make like $7 million in the US dollar in net money and just 3 sponsors pay his whole salary for the owners of team. This means just 3 sponsors is pay Childress like $13 million the way you figure in US because salary is before taxes and not after like in Greece.

Now you imagine 11 sponsors and all pay to Kobe? Also you consider difference between Kobe and Childress? Sponsors will be line up for club.

Allanon
10-15-2008, 07:45 PM
I hate Olympiacos but you are say just stupid things. Olympiacos has 11 sponsors. It is also one of richest and biggest sport clubs in all world and is much bigger and much richer then any sport club in US like in US they say how Cowboys and Yankees is so rich and big and they are very poor and small compare to club like Olympiacos.

Owners of team is said would consider give Kobe part of 11 sponsors the team have. This is many time more money than he make from endorsement in US. This is like joke to even compare them. Childress is make like $7 million in the US dollar in net money and just 3 sponsors pay his whole salary for the owners of team. This means just 3 sponsors is pay Childress like $13 million the way you figure in US because salary is before taxes and not after like in Greece.

Now you imagine 11 sponsors and all pay to Kobe? Also you consider difference between Kobe and Childress? Sponsors will be line up for club.

One of the richest clubs in the world is the New York Knicks, they're ready to spend and even they won't pay that kind of money to Kobe.

Kobe would not even consider $60 million / 3 years in Europe. And if Kobe wins a ring this year, he'll laugh at any team that tries to lure him to Europe...why go to Europe when he can stay here and win rings?

Kobe NBA + Contract $ + US sponsors $ > Olympiacos + Euro Contract $ + Euro Sponsor $

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 07:55 PM

Kobe is not leaving L.A. of all places for piece of shit Greek team. Get over yourself.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-15-2008, 07:56 PM
One of the richest clubs in the world is the New York Knicks, they're ready to spend and even they won't pay that kind of money to Kobe.

Kobe would not even consider $60 million / 3 years in Europe. And if Kobe wins a ring this year, he'll laugh at any team that tries to lure him to Europe...why go to Europe when he can stay here and win rings?

Kobe NBA + Contract $ + US sponsors $ > Olympiacos + Euro Contract $ + Euro Sponsor $

You are just like typical Americans. American team must be worth more then team in Europe to you.

You realize biggest sponsor of Olympiacos club is Nike? You realize Nike is a Greek word? You realize a player like Diamantidis already have a big shoe contract with Nike in Greece?

There is more to the world then just the USA.

Head of Olympiacos football section Kokkalis is a billionaire and he is consider the "poor" section head of Olympiacos compare to Angelopoulos borthers who is head of basketball section. Also the brothers is the "poor" ones of the family compare to their uncle who get the "big" part of family business when the grandfather die.

The "poor" brothers is only owners of one of biggest shipping companies and one of biggest steel companies in Europe :rolleyes and the "poor" football section head is just "poor billionaire".

Of course this does not even talk about that Olympiacos is one of biggest sport clubs in world like clubs like FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Panathinaikos and them. PAO fans of course hate Olympiacos but is true that Angelououlos have say goal for club is to become equal to Manchester United.

Americans not understand scope of big European clubs. I think Panathinaikos is have sometimes like 20 sports departments.

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 07:59 PM
You are just like typical Americans. American team must be worth more then team in Europe to you.

You realize biggest sponsor of Olympiacos club is Nike? You realize Nike is a Greek word? You realize a player like Diamantidis already have a big shoe contract with Nike in Greece?

Kobe already has a nike shoe out. And as hard as you try... no Americans are ever going to care about Greece and their basketball teams. Even if Kobe leaves.

Allanon
10-15-2008, 08:01 PM

Of course there is more to the world than the USA. I understand there are rich people and companies all over.

However, the US still has the richest teams in the world.

And I can guarantee you Kobe's Nike contract is much, much larger than Diamantidis' contract.

China, one of the richest countries in the world won't catch up with the US consumer market until about 2025.

The US consumer market is the largest in the world, by far. It doesn't make sense to pay the same amount in endorsements or contracts anywhere else.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Kobe is not leaving L.A. of all places for piece of shit Greek team. Get over yourself.

I never say he was going to Greece you idiot. I just point out many errors being post here. I am Panathinaikos fan NOT Olympiacos fan. But always fans here is posting so many craps and errors about Greek clubs. Even PAO fan can admit most of these things say by NBA fans about club like Olympiacos is nonsense. Lakers is like drop in bucket in money compare to them.

Example some weeks ago Olympiacos owner say he will offer Lebron $100 million for 2 year contract when he is free agent in 2010.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Of course there is more to the world than the USA. I understand there are rich people and companies all over.

However, the US still has the richest teams in the world.

And I can guarantee you Kobe's Nike contract is much, much larger than Diamantidis' contract.

China, one of the richest countries in the world won't catch up with the US consumer market until about 2025.

The US consumer market is the largest in the world, by far. It doesn't make sense to pay the same amount in endorsements or contracts anywhere else.

Are you dumb? if Diamantidis can get million dollar Nike contract in Greece what can Kobe get? Kobe who already have one also. You seem believe that he will not get one in Greece and yet Diamantidis already have one and how famous is Diamantidis in basketball to Kobe? Do you have simple logic?

Biggest sponsor of Olympiacos club is NIKE do you understand this? They already are give millions in sponsors to the club and Kobe does not even play there. What you are say here is stupid and nothing else.

And no US sports clubs are not richest in the world and if some dumb thing like Forbes say they are is just more typical propaganda from US. Same way they always ignore European old money like Rockefeller and Rothschild and them. They laugh at Walton family, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and them.

Americans is so very naive in so many ways.

dirk4mvp
10-15-2008, 08:20 PM

I fuckin doubt that.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM
I fuckin doubt that.

Because you don't know anything about big European clubs. Way Americans talks about big sports clubs in Europe is so stupid and ridiculous. Calling them small and poor when they are so much bigger and richer then any US sport club. It is always get good laugh in Europe.

I do not think Kobe will go to Europe. I think though if some very rich club really want Lebron they can get him.

dirk4mvp
10-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Because you don't know anything about big European clubs. Way Americans talks about big sports clubs in Europe is so stupid and ridiculous. Calling them small and poor when they are so much bigger and richer then any US sport club. It is always get good laugh in Europe.

Prove it, dipshit.

21_Blessings
10-15-2008, 08:32 PM

Nike isn't going to drop Kobe just because he's playing overseas. He's the most reconized basketball player in Europe and China. Plus Kobe loves Soccer. He's Nike's global gold mine.

Heres some names for ya:

Kimi Raikkonen
Michael Schumacher

Both are among the top 6 paid athletes in the entire world - from Europe.

With that said, 30 year old Kobe isn't leaving a Lakers team that has a 5+ year championship window. Maybe if he was 40 on a heavy decline and the Lakers were a lottery team it would happen. But next year? No chance in hell.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Prove it, dipshit.

You really need learn more about world then just Texas and US.

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:53 PM

He's from Memphis.

dirk4mvp
10-15-2008, 09:00 PM

Thanks for proving it, dipshit.

Are you still mad that the US basketball team is the best in the world?

TheMadHatter
10-15-2008, 09:15 PM
One thing people forget about Kobe is that he really LOVES the game of basketball.

Let me repeat that, he LOVES basketball. He would be playing basketball even if it didn't pay him near what he gets payed today. A part of his ego would NEVER allow him to leave the NBA, where the best of the best play, to play against lesser competition. This is why Laker fans are across the board not worried about this issue in any way.

Kobe isn't leaving the NBA to play against weaker competition while he is in his prime.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks for proving it, dipshit.

Are you still mad that the US basketball team is the best in the world?

You are one who keep bring this up because you are one who is mad because of simple fact

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/rank/p/openNodeIDs/999/selNodeID/999/rankMen.html

1. Argentina
2. USA

You keep bring this up because this fact US is not #1 anymore pis you off so much. you need learn to let it go and see how even Argentina fans does not brag endlessly like US fans does.

Obstructed_View
10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Kobe isn't leaving the NBA to play against weaker competition while he is in his prime.

Agreed. If he does, he never lives it down.

ehz33satx
10-16-2008, 12:10 AM
As much as Kobe loves money he loves being an attention whore even more. He just wouldn't get the lime light like he does in LA.

What do you think? That Europe would not be all over Kobe? His every move would be in all the papers and newscasts every night. He would stay in L.A. just because he craves attention? Nevermind 80 million plus dollars? Whatever.

cool hand
10-16-2008, 12:25 AM
the NBA is going to have get rid of the Salary Cap

mytespurs
10-16-2008, 12:29 AM
I don't see this happening at all. But of course, it depends how things go for the Lakers this year......you never know what Kobe may erupt about something & decide to opt out and then........

I doubt it; Kobe may opt out but in the end he'll be a Laker.

Spuradicator
10-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Kobe won't bolt. Neither will Lebron for any price. They care too much about their place in the game.

anakha
10-16-2008, 12:53 AM
the NBA is going to have get rid of the Salary Cap

The Spurs will be screwed if they do.

DMX7
10-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Kobe still gets other money from being in the L.A. market for endorsements and stuff. Doesn't add up to that but he's not going there anyway.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Just to play devil's advocate, I know a lot of people think Kobe's ego is too big to leave the NBA. I think his ego is big enough that he could truly believe that he could single handedly elevate European basketball by his mere presence. $60 mil and a Messiah complex can do a lot.

Man In Black
10-16-2008, 02:26 AM
All I know is that Dr. Jerry Buss IS NOT A BILLIONAIRE.
If Olympiakos can offer $83 Mill if the money is Euros not Dollars, that would be a something to consider. Also, while many Laker fans love him, there are a whole lot of other NBA fans that do not. In Greece and Europe, the guy will be completely revered. If Beckham thought he was the man coming to the US, for Kobe to go to Europe...he'd be THE MAN PERIOD.
Doing that would give him something that Jordan had never done. Plus, add to that that his Dad did the same thing when he felt he was getting dissed by the NBA but in this case...Kobe gets to do the dissing.

m33p0
10-16-2008, 04:30 AM
If what you say is true... how come the best Euro players are playing in the US?

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-16-2008, 05:33 AM
the US market is crashing to its knees, won't be long before China is the most lucrative place for NBA players :lol

Allanon
10-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Are you dumb? if Diamantidis can get million dollar Nike contract in Greece what can Kobe get? Kobe who already have one also. You seem believe that he will not get one in Greece and yet Diamantidis already have one and how famous is Diamantidis in basketball to Kobe? Do you have simple logic?

Kobe WILL get an endorsement deal in Europe, but it will not be as big as his contract here. His value playing in the EuroLeague is not as high as his value playing in the US.

What you are say here is stupid and nothing else.

You're just a stupid US hater, that is all.

And no US sports clubs are not richest in the world and if some dumb thing like Forbes say they are is just more typical propaganda from US. Same way they always ignore European old money like Rockefeller and Rothschild and them. They laugh at Walton family, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and them.

Americans is so very naive in so many ways.

Which team is richer than US team? Proof?

Allanon
10-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Nike isn't going to drop Kobe just because he's playing overseas. He's the most reconized basketball player in Europe and China. Plus Kobe loves Soccer. He's Nike's global gold mine.

You think Kids in the USA will be wearing Kobe's signature Euroleague All-Star Hyperdunks? Kobe's marketing power comes from being the best player in the best league.

Kimi Raikkonen
Michael Schumacher

Both are among the top 6 paid athletes in the entire world - from Europe.

These guys are in the most expensive sport in the world, Formula One. Even with that added bonus, they're still behind the Americans.

Obstructed_View
10-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Same way they always ignore European old money like Rockefeller and Rothschild and them.

Rockefeller, as in John D? He was born in New York.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Rockefeller, as in John D? He was born in New York.

But is old money from Europe. "Old European Money" = not even allow real family worths be report by thing like Forbes.

DPG21920
10-16-2008, 12:27 PM
You think Kids in the USA will be wearing Kobe's signature Euroleague All-Star Hyperdunks? Kobe's marketing power comes from being the best player in the best league.

These guys are in the most expensive sport in the world, Formula One. Even with that added bonus, they're still behind the Americans.

Not to say I completely disagree with you, but Kobe is a world star. He is known everywhere and adored by all sports fans. Just like moviestars that do not advertise in the USA, but all over the world, there will be huge contracts.

21_Blessings
10-16-2008, 12:38 PM

Yes they will. Kids who have never seen Jordan play still wear his shoes. Kobe's a bigger global icon than he is an American one.

Most of their money comes from endorsements. And they're ahead of 99% of all American athletes in that regard so no they aren't behind. Plenty of American formula one drivers out there.

Iakchos Kadmos
10-16-2008, 12:44 PM
In Greece KBP is most legendary of forum posters. He is owner of many many goats for in which to have sex. I hear that he will offer white goats to Kobe to sweeten the deal

Allanon
10-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Yes they will. Kids who have never seen Jordan play still wear his shoes. Kobe's a bigger global icon than he is an American one.
If Jordan played in Euroleague instead of the NBA, Kids would say Jordan who? Kobe is a global icon because he plays in the NBA for the Lakers.

Would Kobe be a global icon if he was playing in the Euroleague instead of the NBA? I'll bet 9 out 10 sportsfans you ask can't tell you who the Euroleague MVP is. But ask them who the NBA MVP was and they'll know the answer. Ask the same people who the 2007 MVP was in the EuroLeague and they won't know. But ask them who the NBA MVP was and they'll tell you Dirk. And ask them even further back and they can tell you Nash.

Hell, I don't even know who was the Euroleague MVP 2 seasons ago and I actually watch Euroball occasionally.

Most of their money comes from endorsements. And they're ahead of 99% of all American athletes in that regard so no they aren't behind. Plenty of American formula one drivers out there.
Top Formula one Drivers actually make their money from salaries, not endorsements. 99% ahead of American athletes is still 1% behind and we're talking about Formula 1 which is #1 in the racing world. If they were driving in another like the A1 Grand Prix , no way would they make that kind of money.

We as fans laugh at Euroball all the time, Kobe going to a somewhat "D-League" team would instantly make him lose credibility and marketing value in the US. Euroleague is nowhere near the prestige, marketing value and credibility of the NBA. Being a Eurleague star translates to nothing in the US.

Man In Black
10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
If I were a Lakah fan I would say..."Never say never."
IMO You have an insular opinion because you live in the US and as such, all we see on a daily basis is the NBA. Out there it's the other way, they see Euroleague all the time and a NBA highlight package plus a weekly game.

And this is THE KOBE BRYANT we're talkin' bout. Since he is ALREADY A STAR, it doesn't matter if it's Euroleague or NBA, he will still draw lots and lots of attention and cash. In short, he doesn't have to get 1 US dollar from endorsements to be a rich man. He could get it from everywhere else and still be a rich man. Some say with the way the economy is here in America, even richer if he was paid in foreign currency.

Again...never say never.

duncan228
10-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Kobe's response:

"Don't ask me that," Bryant said, expecting the Greek question and interrupting his questioner. "It's silly."

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107226

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/team-bryant-bynum-2196973-lakers-playing

Allanon
10-16-2008, 03:23 PM
"Don't ask me that," Bryant said, expecting the Greek question and interrupting his questioner. "It's silly."

Well shucks, Kobe, you burst the bubble. I guess we won't be seeing anything like this :

http://lakerforums.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/kobe-euro.jpg

TheMACHINE
10-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Exactly how much money does one man need?

83 mill is the difference between his great grandchildren being set for life and his great great great grandchildren.

Obstructed_View
10-18-2008, 03:34 AM
But is old money from Europe. "Old European Money" = not even allow real family worths be report by thing like Forbes.

He was born poor and created Standard Oil in the US. You seriously need to do some fuckin' research before you spout facts around, because it continues to make you look like a retard. Of course, nothing will ever top the fact that you don't even know the origins of Greek food. :lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-18-2008, 03:57 AM
He was born poor and created Standard Oil in the US. You seriously need to do some fuckin' research before you spout facts around, because it continues to make you look like a retard. Of course, nothing will ever top the fact that you don't even know the origins of Greek food. :lol

You are one who believes such propaganda from US. This is not true story but fake propaganda one.

m33p0
10-18-2008, 06:34 AM
83 mill is the difference between his great grandchildren being set for life and his great great great grandchildren.
two words: TRUST FUND.

turiaf for president
10-20-2008, 08:44 AM
its untaxed now but when he brings it over to the states he will get taxed. he can always just keep him money there, thats an option if he takes the deal.

also i didnt read all three pages so dunno if someone mentioned it but they told him he'll get a private yacht and a house on a beach.

Indazone
10-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Kobe says Europe a possibility

By Adrian Wojnarowski (http://sports.yahoo.com/oly/expertsarchive;_ylt=AiO1TisGgLYwD4zaXCdMmBeaUJ54?a uthor=Adrian+Wojnarowski), Yahoo! Sports Aug 9, 6:43 am EDT

Buzz Up

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/p/yse_lo_70x24_2.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/yhoo/olympics/analysis/SIG=11daaeced;_ylt=AkfUl1Y_Cqs0S2st6Od8Eo.aUJ54/*http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/top/expertscorner)

BEIJING – Kobe Bryant (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/usa/kobe+bryant/220296/;_ylt=Am0Csn6Rls13PypKbN3B2uuaUJ54) won’t sign a contract extension with the Los Angeles Lakers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/lal/;_ylt=AsIoLpheK6Szx72BvfP5._CaUJ54) until he has tested the global market, the U.S. (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/usa/;_ylt=Aran46HK6wtlLwn8bPj9jBOaUJ54) Olympic basketball star told Yahoo! Sports on Saturday.
Asked whether he plans to solicit overseas offers before signing an extension, Bryant flatly said yes.
It’s possible Bryant could leave the NBA for Europe – perhaps in a dual role of owner and player – as early as next summer. Bryant is signed with the Lakers through the 2010-11 season, but can opt out after next season.
Suddenly, the best player in the world seems determined to pair the changing global economics with his unparalleled popularity to create an international bidding war. A day earlier, Bryant told the Boston Globe that he would consider a $50 million offer to play in Europe.
“As players, the business of the game (is) evolving,” Bryant said before a Team USA practice at Beijing Normal University. “I think free agency now is becoming a global thing …. When players become free agents, the team they’re currently with – their competition is no longer the rest of the teams in the NBA. But it’s global. So, the market’s opened up. So we’ll just have to see how the league responds to it.”
Bryant spent several years of his childhood in Italy (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/ita/;_ylt=Avf8OgOXThtxIwSu4d7blv.aUJ54) and loves it there. Seven years ago, he bought an ownership stake in Olimpia Milano of the Italian league for his father Joe to run. When Bryant was asked whether he held intrigue with owning and playing on a team together, he said, “Absolutely.”
Some basketball executives believe Bryant’s ultimate ambition might be to have a majority ownership with a powerhouse Italian team while serving as its superstar. What’s more, Bryant, 29, insists that it wouldn’t be such a leap of faith for him to leave the NBA.
“I think people kind of make it out to be a little more than what it is,” he said.
With the Lakers’ resurgence and Bryant having won his first most valuable player award last season, it was believed that he would sign a long-term, maximum contract without pursuing unrestricted free agency. Now, Bryant is suggesting that the possibility of a monumental European offer – perhaps paired with ownership – has armed him with fresh leverage.
This summer, the movement of players to Europe – as well as a belief that several European teams are gearing up to lure NBA superstars with contracts worth $30- to $40 million annually – has made him believe that this could be an option for him. Josh Childress of the Atlanta Hawks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/atl/;_ylt=Aj2sCLoLI1yzvnWH1m7tqHGaUJ54) signed a three-year, $20 million deal with Olympiakos of Greece (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/gre/;_ylt=AsIprn4bfktndARiMyFsLAOaUJ54). Several other good NBA players, including Carlos Delfino and Juan Carlos Navarro (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/esp/juan+carlos+navarro/213593/;_ylt=AkYyG1ayqn0pSekVnPTSVW.aUJ54), left the NBA for multi-million dollar European offers.
“Childress, Delfino, and all these other offers start coming up and all of a sudden you start hearing the talk circulating from teams over there and what they’re willing to do,” Bryant said. “As athletes, you have to listen to that. That’s the least you can do.”
Even so, Bryant conceded that it would be “Almost impossible … very difficult …” to leave the Lakers, who are primed to make a run at multiple championships over the next several years.
“But,” he said cryptically, “it is what it is.”