PDA

View Full Version : The Final Debate Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

MannyIsGod
10-16-2008, 06:25 AM
The same polls I claim are heavily weighted in favor of Obama.

Even the ones that aren't weighted at all?

No weights = slanted to Obama.

Man, you're getting worse than the people who just parrot shit thats been debunked time and time again.

MannyIsGod
10-16-2008, 06:25 AM
sons the polls don't mean shit! anyone who follows them and thinks that they are a guaranteed outcome for Nov 4 is a damn fool! (see elections 2000 and 2004)

You mean the elections in 2000 and 2004 where the polls both showed a Bush win? Yeah, those polls don't mean shit.

dg7md
10-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Obama supporters are wearing shirts that say Palin is a Cunt.

I know a few of the ones you're talking about, as seen in a few pics, but in no means is calling someone a "cunt" worse than shouting out things like "kill him!" in a rally.

whottt
10-16-2008, 06:31 AM
Man, you're getting worse than the people who just parrot shit thats been debunked time and time again.

We'll see on November 5th. I predict a landslide McCain win.

No qualifiers...

I haven't all of a sudden lost touch with the voting trends of Americans after being pretty much dead on my entire life. And I've never followed polls much before prior to 2004.

BRHornet45
10-16-2008, 06:32 AM
You mean the elections in 2000 and 2004 where the polls both showed a Bush win? Yeah, those polls don't mean shit.

false son ... both of them showed Bush losing.

whottt
10-16-2008, 06:38 AM
I know a few of the ones you're talking about, as seen in a few pics, but in no means is calling someone a "cunt" worse than shouting out things like "kill him!" in a rally.

Uh yeah it is...because that could have easily been an Obama supporter that said that. It's not hard to do...

Whereas wearing those shirts is the equivalent of wearing a shirt calling Obama a spear chucker or porch monkey.

whottt
10-16-2008, 06:52 AM

By the way...when you yell something like, "kill him" and you are referring to a Presidential Candidate and there just so happens to be 10-20 Secret Service Agents in the room when you yell it...

Guess what happens?

http://www.timesleader.com/news/breakingnews/Secret_Service_says_Kill_him_allegation_unfounded_ .html

October 15
Secret Service says "Kill him" allegation unfounded
By Andrew M. Seder [email protected]
Staff Writer

SCRANTON – The agent in charge of the Secret Service field office in Scranton said allegations that someone yelled “kill him” when presidential hopeful Barack Obama’s name was mentioned during Tuesday’s Sarah Palin rally are unfounded.

The Scranton Times-Tribune first reported the alleged incident on its Web site Tuesday and then again in its print edition Wednesday. The first story, written by reporter David Singleton, appeared with allegations that while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd and mentioned Oabama’s name a man in the audience shouted “kill him."

News organizations including ABC, The Associated Press, The Washington Monthly and MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann reported the claim, with most attributing the allegations to the Times-Tribune story.

Agent Bill Slavoski said he was in the audience, along with an undisclosed number of additional secret service agents and other law enforcement officers and not one heard the comment.

“I was baffled,” he said after reading the report in Wednesday’s Times-Tribune.

He said the agency conducted an investigation Wednesday, after seeing the story, and could not find one person to corroborate the allegation other than Singleton.

Slavoski said more than 20 non-security agents were interviewed Wednesday, from news media to ordinary citizens in attendance at the rally for the Republican vice presidential candidate held at the Riverfront Sports Complex. He said Singleton was the only one to say he heard someone yell “kill him.”

“We have yet to find someone to back up the story,” Slavoski said. “We had people all over and we have yet to find anyone who said they heard it.”

Hackett said he did not hear the remark.

Slavoski said Singleton was interviewed Wednesday and stood by his story but couldn’t give a description of the man because he didn’t see him he only heard him.

When contacted Wednesday afternoon, Singleton referred questions to Times-Tribune Metro Editor Jeff Sonderman. Sonderman said, “We stand by the story. The facts reported are true and that’s really all there is.”

Slavoski said the agents take such threats or comments seriously and immediately opened an investigation but after due diligence “as far as we’re concerned it’s closed unless someone comes forward.” He urged anyone with knowledge of the alleged incident to call him at 346-5781. “We’ll run at all leads,” he said.

Kamnik
10-16-2008, 07:05 AM
Honestly...the only reason to vote for Obama is his race. There's nothing else of substance to him and everything he says is naive or clueless.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT???

YOU REALLY SEE MCCAIN 1000x BETTER THAN OBAMA???

I am sorry Sir, but you are an IDIOT!

They are both capable leaders and in the end they are not all that diferent. But to go and write something like that you have to be seriously fucktarded.

Shastafarian
10-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Uh yeah it is...because that could have easily been an Obama supporter that said that. It's not hard to do...

Whereas wearing those shirts is the equivalent of wearing a shirt calling Obama a spear chucker or porch monkey.

I fail to see how calling someone a cunt = using racial slurs

MannyIsGod
10-16-2008, 08:01 AM

You might want to tell McCain that you hold the wold cunt so low in order to make sure he never refers to Cindy by that word....

Again.

florige
10-16-2008, 09:06 AM
I have no idea what people are smoking but McCain destroyed Obama in this debate....destroyed him. One of the most one sided debates I have ever seen.

Libs are going to think Obama won...conservatives are pissed at some of McCain left leaning policies...as a moderate, he was pure gold tonight...every word.

Obama did not say anything substantial...but then he never does and still gets propped unjustly for it.

I predict this debate will show up in the polls.

Honestly...the only reason to vote for Obama is his race. There's nothing else of substance to him and everything he says is naive or clueless.

Obama was on his heels most of the night.

Findog
10-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Obama was on his heels most of the night.

The hell he was. McCain hung himself with his temper.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but...

5T1-qwL5u5A

Findog
10-16-2008, 09:17 AM
"Partial-birth Abortion" is not a medically recognized term. The correct term is Dilation and Extraction. What I find galling is that it's not as if some woman's water can break and she can throw up her hands and say "You know what, fuck this, I ain't having the baby!"

Do people realize the circumstances under which D&E is done? It's not because the mom doesn't want to raise her child.

florige
10-16-2008, 09:21 AM
The hell he was. McCain hung himself with his temper.

It just thought that Obama was on the defensive alot last night. But I have interpreted shit wrong before.

Findog
10-16-2008, 09:25 AM
It just thought that Obama was on the defensive alot last night. But I have interpreted shit wrong before.

McCain was definitely aggressive, I'll give you that. And he scored some direct hits at times. But he lost this debate, and he lost it at a very specific moment. Do you know what that was?

I Love Me Some Me
10-16-2008, 09:30 AM
I thought McCain was better last night than he had been.

It's weird, how Obama says everything with such little substance to it, but because he's eloquent and has a good delivery, people just eat it up with a spoon.

florige
10-16-2008, 09:40 AM
McCain was definitely aggressive, I'll give you that. And he scored some direct hits at times. But he lost this debate, and he lost it at a very specific moment. Do you know what that was?

When?

Findog
10-16-2008, 10:14 AM
When?

One of them happened just the other day, when a man I admire and respect -- I've written about him -- Congressman John Lewis, an American hero, made allegations that Sarah Palin and I were somehow associated with the worst chapter in American history, segregation, deaths of children in church bombings, George Wallace. That, to me, was so hurtful.

And, Senator Obama, you didn't repudiate those remarks. Every time there's been an out-of-bounds remark made by a Republican, no matter where they are, I have repudiated them. I hope that Senator Obama will repudiate those remarks that were made by Congressman John Lewis, very unfair and totally inappropriate.

So I want to tell you, we will run a truthful campaign. This is a tough campaign. And it's a matter of fact that Senator Obama has spent more money on negative ads than any political campaign in history. And I can prove it. And, Senator Obama, when he said -- and he signed a piece of paper that said he would take public financing for his campaign if I did -- that was back when he was a long-shot candidate -- you didn't keep your word.

And when you looked into the camera in a debate with Senator Clinton and said, "I will sit down and negotiate with John McCain about public financing before I make a decision," you didn't tell the American people the truth because you didn't.

And that's -- that's -- that's an unfortunate part. Now we have the highest spending by Senator Obama's campaign than any time since Watergate.

Yes, real quick. Mr. Ayers, I don't care about an old washed-up terrorist. But as Senator Clinton said in her debates with you, we need to know the full extent of that relationship.

We need to know the full extent of Senator Obama's relationship with ACORN, who is now on the verge of maybe perpetrating one of the greatest frauds in voter history in this country, maybe destroying the fabric of democracy. The same front outfit organization that your campaign gave $832,000 for "lighting and site selection." So all of these things need to be examined, of course.

The whole exchange talking about Bill Ayers and the "negativity" of the two campaigns is where he lost it.

Obama was playing to undecideds tonight, McCain was playing to his base. That's why Obama won, and why right-wingers like whottt think McCain won. Obama was talking to people that haven't made up their minds, McCain was talking to whottt.

I Love Me Some Me
10-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Obama was playing to undecideds tonight, McCain was playing to his base. That's why Obama won, and why right-wingers like whottt think McCain won. Obama was talking to people that haven't made up their minds, McCain was talking to whottt.

As in the previous debates, Obama didn't say much of anything to anyone.

spurster
10-16-2008, 10:27 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/16/politics/2008debates/main4525289.shtml

CBS poll gives the nod to Obama 53%-22%

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/15/debate.poll/index.html

CNN poll has similar numbers Obama 58%-31%

Findog
10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
As in the previous debates, Obama didn't say much of anything to anyone.

Either that or you weren't listening. He regurgitated talking points and lapsed into cliches and platitudes. His arguments are better than McCain's.

I Love Me Some Me
10-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Either that or you weren't listening. He regurgitated talking points and lapsed into cliches and platitudes. His arguments are better than McCain's.

His arguments SOUND better than McCain's, because he's more vibrant, more eloguent, and just flat out speaks better.

Findog
10-16-2008, 10:32 AM
His arguments SOUND better than McCain's, because he's more vibrant, more eloguent, and just flat out speaks better.

That and the fact that as much as McCain can try, he is not enough of a "Maverick" to completely escape Bush.

SpursFanFirst
10-16-2008, 10:42 AM
The whole exchange talking about Bill Ayers and the "negativity" of the two campaigns is where he lost it.

I disagree.

Last night, CBS had a varied panel of voters on. I didn't watch CBS last time, but apparently, this was the same group from before - all undecided voters.
After this debate, they were asked if their questions were cleared up and whether they were leaning one way or the other...most said they were now leaning heavily toward McCain.

I have a feeling a lot of undecideds felt that way after last night's debate.

florige
10-16-2008, 10:43 AM

:lol

florige
10-16-2008, 10:46 AM
I disagree.

Last night, CBS had a varied panel of voters on. I didn't watch CBS last time, but apparently, this was the same group from before - all undecided voters.
After this debate, they were asked if their questions were cleared up and whether they were leaning one way or the other...most said they were now leaning heavily toward McCain.

Manny do you have the stats for this yet?

JoeChalupa
10-16-2008, 10:52 AM
I saw the Fox groups and they were split pretty evenly.

Findog
10-16-2008, 11:14 AM
I disagree.

Well, you would be wrong:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/15/debate.poll/

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10/15/politics/horserace/entry4525171.shtml

http://mediacurves.com/Images/pres3-results.jpg

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-in-a.6631565oct16,0,2032573.story

http://www.democracycorps.com/focus/2008/10/third-presidential-debate/

Findog
10-16-2008, 11:27 AM
CBS undecideds: Obama 53, McCain 22
CNN viewers: Obama 58, McCain 31
CNN independents: Obama 57, McCain 31
MediaCurves independents: Obama 60, McCain 30
SurveyUSA Californians: Obama 56, McCain 28

mountainballer
10-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Was John McCain on drugs tonight?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/TOYFLASHBACK/r1772410910.jpg
:rollin
this picture is all over European newspapers today.
(McCain just swallowed up his choppers or what)

ratm1221
10-16-2008, 11:39 AM
CBS undecideds: Obama 53, McCain 22
CNN viewers: Obama 58, McCain 31
CNN independents: Obama 57, McCain 31
MediaCurves independents: Obama 60, McCain 30
SurveyUSA Californians: Obama 56, McCain 28

Where's the dude that said he was going to eat some crow?

ElNono
10-16-2008, 11:40 AM
You Betcha making a comment about the debate:

Also Thursday, McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, sounded a note of triumph about Wednesday's presidential debate while campaigning in Bangor, Maine.

"They [Obama and Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden] look to the past because they'd rather run against the current administration, it sounds like, and that strategy though, thankfully, it's really starting to wear very very thin," Palin said. "As John McCain reminded Barack Obama last night, if he wanted to run against George Bush, he had his chance four years ago. This year, the name on the ballot is John McCain -- and America knows that John McCain is his own man, he is the maverick."

----------

It's really mindboggling how McCain could pick her for VP. That right there tells me what kind of a decision maker that guy is.

Findog
10-16-2008, 11:55 AM
I fully get this analogy, and agree with it fundamentally. But I refuse to believe any candidate other than Obama with only a 4-5 point lead would have sat there and taken another candidate pointing at him and all but saying he's supporting terrorists.
Hillary would have ripped that guys balls off, and rallied her party into a frenzy at the same time.

It's not Obama's fault he has to avoid coming across as the "Angry Black Man." That is our collective fault that he doesn't have the same rhetorical devices available to him.

SpursFanFirst
10-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Well, you would be wrong:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/15/debate.poll/

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10/15/politics/horserace/entry4525171.shtml

http://mediacurves.com/Images/pres3-results.jpg

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-in-a.6631565oct16,0,2032573.story

http://www.democracycorps.com/focus/2008/10/third-presidential-debate/

I don't have the time to go through all those, but I'll say this...
Just because polls are showing things one way doesn't mean that's how it'll show once people actually vote.

Findog
10-16-2008, 12:01 PM
I don't have the time to go through all those, but I'll say this...
Just because polls are showing things one way doesn't mean that's how it'll show once people actually vote.

We'll see if Obama's lead in the national tracking polls holds up. Sounds a lot like Kerry voters from four years ago: "Only poll that counts is on November 4th."

Cry Havoc
10-16-2008, 12:28 PM
According to realclearpolitics.net, Obama's lead has dwindled slightly to 6.9 Could be a fluctuation or a reaction to last night's debate. Either way I think most people here knew this race would tighten a bit. How much it tightens is the question.

The one thing McCain did last night is that he probably got a lot of people in his own party excited. Not sure how his strategy fared with independents, but at this point McCain has so entrenched himself in his own position that I think the best chance for him is to win over those who are torn between voting red or not voting at all.

JoeChalupa
10-16-2008, 12:37 PM
This is still Palin/McCaine's election to lose and they were never the underdogs. I still think Obama has a hill to climb amongst undecided and obamacans.

Findog
10-16-2008, 12:39 PM
The statistical models predict a slight tightening of the race.

JoeChalupa
10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
It will get tighter. This isn't over by a long shot.

YouTube
10-16-2008, 01:34 PM
QGzfYOp34d8

SpursFanFirst
10-16-2008, 02:40 PM
We'll see if Obama's lead in the national tracking polls holds up. Sounds a lot like Kerry voters from four years ago: "Only poll that counts is on November 4th."

well, I don't know if I can trust the polling this time around, especially with all this ACORN stuff.

ChumpDumper
10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
ACORN is making fraudulent polls now!

They're everywhere!

SpursFanFirst
The one thing McCain did last night is that he probably got a lot of people in his own party excited. Not sure how his strategy fared with independents, but at this point McCain has so entrenched himself in his own position that I think the best chance for him is to win over those who are torn between voting red or not voting at all.

I've said all along that I'd vote for McCain, but I've never been overly enthusiastic about him.
Prior to the debate last night, I was leaning toward not voting.
After the debate, I felt a little better about McCain...he finally showed some spunk out there.

Findog
well, I don't know if I can trust the polling this time around, especially with all this ACORN stuff.

How is ACORN affecting what people tell pollsters?

10-16-2008, 02:44 PM
I've said all along that I'd vote for McCain, but I've never been overly enthusiastic about him.
Prior to the debate last night, I was leaning toward not voting.
After the debate, I felt a little better about McCain...he finally showed some spunk out there.

Just stay home.

SpursFanFirst
10-16-2008, 02:45 PM
ACORN is making fraudulent polls now!

They're everywhere!

I didn't say that ACORN is making fraudulent polls, but way to stay true to yourself, CD...putting words in my mouth.

I'm simply saying that with the ACORN stuff, Bradley effect, etc...I just think it's possible people aren't either, telling the whole truth about who they're voting for in those polls...or perhaps they'll change their minds by election day.

SpursFanFirst
10-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Just stay home.

Why is that? Are you hoping for one less McCain vote?

Findog
10-16-2008, 02:47 PM
I didn't say that ACORN is making fraudulent polls, but way to stay true to yourself, CD...putting words in my mouth.

I'm simply saying that with the ACORN stuff, Bradley effect, etc...I just think it's possible people aren't either, telling the whole truth about who they're voting for in those polls...or perhaps they'll change their minds by election day.

ACORN has nothing to do will polling. Also, the Bradley Effect hasn't manifested itself since the late eighties:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/search/label/bradley%20effect

ChumpDumper
10-16-2008, 02:48 PM

I'm simply saying that with the ACORN stuff, Bradley effect, etc...I just think it's possible people aren't either, telling the whole truth about who they're voting for in those polls...or perhaps they'll change their minds by election day.Please explain how you think the ACORN stuff affects people's truthfulness in responding to polls.

SpursFanFirst
10-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Again...I did not say that ACORN is affecting the polls...
But you have fake, dead, or other people being registered to vote...obvious fraud.

Outside ACORN, there are people on the fence who may say they're voting for either candidate now, but may change their minds at a later date.
There are people saying they may vote, but don't and vice versa.

The point is, with the fraud out there, and all the people on the fence, I don't think I can trust these polls or articles stating how one candidate is miles ahead of the other.

SpursFanFirst
10-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Oh, and the Bradley effect...
I know when that happened originally, but that doesn't mean it won't rear its head this time around.

Findog
10-16-2008, 02:57 PM
I know when that happened originally, but that doesn't mean it won't rear its head this time around.

Thank you, StatisticianFirst.

clambake
10-16-2008, 02:57 PM

don't you mean "rear it's ugly head"?

SpursFanFirst
10-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Thank you, StatisticianFirst.

You made it sound as though it hasn't happened since the 80's, so it most likely won't happen again.

SpursFanFirst
10-16-2008, 03:00 PM
don't you mean "rear it's ugly head"?

no. I said what I meant to say.

ChumpDumper
10-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Again...I did not say that ACORN is affecting the polls...
But you have fake, dead, or other people being registered to vote...obvious fraud.Obvious registration fraud, not voting fraud.

I still haven't seen any instances of actual fraudulent votes attributed to the actions of ACORN, certainly not to the tune of millions of fraudulent votes some here seem to be implying.

Findog
10-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Obvious registration fraud, not voting fraud.

I still haven't seen any instances of actual fraudulent votes attributed to the actions of ACORN, certainly not to the tune of millions of fraudulent votes some here seem to be implying.

It's the GOP's preemptory excuse for losing the election.

lurker
10-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Was John McCain on drugs tonight?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/TOYFLASHBACK/r1772410910.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/ibxmqu.jpg

clambake
10-16-2008, 04:33 PM

Xylus
10-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Damn, and Obama can't even feel it.

10-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Give john some viagra!!!

Nbadan
10-16-2008, 05:55 PM
In the very long term....

:lmao

In the very long term we will all be dead...

Nbadan
10-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Next time don't just post the quote, post it in context. WHY are we dependent on Russia? Because it was a use for leftover warhead material and the result of a downsizing of nuclear weapons stocks and an agreement between the US and Russia. NOT because we have to import from them.

Who is the largest producer of high grade Uranium ore boutons? Its in that link you provided.

Here, let me help you

Why stop there Manny? Next time don't post the quote, post it in context...who is on track to becoming the largest producer of uranium?

..let me help YOU out.....with your own link...

Experts say Kazakhstan is on track to becoming the largest producer of uranium in the world.

Manny is a Ruskkie!

Pv5jLsLoYcE

Gee, such an unsafe source for the US.

tp2021
10-16-2008, 07:08 PM

Big Worm posted a funny one in a Club thread. I shall share!
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/20uofap.gif