PDA

View Full Version : Is Scola going to SA the next year?

terzappi
02-14-2005, 04:04 PM
here in italy there are many rumors that say that scola isn't going to SA the next year because his very high Buy-Out, and that the SPurs are interested in Oberto.

Is this really?

A few week ago the webpage of Montepaschi Siena reported that SA and Montepaschi collaborated each other sharing "know how". What do you think about this?

Thank You all

Kori Ellis
02-14-2005, 04:06 PM
A few week ago the webpage of Montepaschi Siena reported that SA and Montepaschi collaborated each other sharing "know how". What do you think about this?

This is untrue. Bad reporting.

I don't know about Scola. All indications are that the Spurs are trying to bring him in next year. But yes, he has a $2M buyout.

gus
02-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Yes,

It could be.

Oberto will be free agent at the end of the season and he is a better defender, in fact one of the best defenders in Europe.

Scola is a scorer, yesterday in a tough match he scored 31 points . He rebound well but I do not know how it will work in the NBA.- He has a buy out of 2 million that is quite a lot. He earns 1 Million per year So he has to get no less than 2 millions/ years and negotiate to pay the buy out in 2 or 3 years.

Rgds.

picnroll
02-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Oberto was a FA last summer. How long a deal did he sign with his European team?

gus
02-14-2005, 06:36 PM
NO,

Oberto was not a free agent. He has a low buy out (700K), and a term to
exercise the option with his Club (Pamesa Valencia ). Next summer he is free agent and he should not pay a dim.

Gus.

T Park
02-14-2005, 06:38 PM
If I were the Spurs, Id do whatever it took to bring both of these guys in.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-14-2005, 06:50 PM
I agree, Scola is a marvellous player, but Oberto still has to grow some.