PDA

View Full Version : Would the Spurs protest Shaq elbowing Manu in the chin?

boutons
02-14-2005, 06:28 PM
It was totally unnecessary, was not even a foul, it was elbows "above the neck", as if super-heavy-weight Shaq really needed fend off an oncoming lightweight Manu. The hit could have easily caused a disolcated or broken jaw or sprained neck.

tekdragon
02-14-2005, 06:33 PM
He didn't elbow him. He just crossed his arms like most players do when setting a screen. It just so happens that his crossed arms are at chin level to Manu. No foul play...Manu didn't even think the play was dirty. If you run into a brick wall, it's going to hurt. Manu understands that, and so do the refs.

Moot point thread.

BigVee
02-14-2005, 06:35 PM
If you think for one second that Shaq didn't know exactly what he was doing and where he was going to hit Manu, you are being very kind and naive.

Medvedenko
02-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Shaq did mean to cause a little pain to Manu....it could of went both ways, a charge or an offensive foul...the refs let it go. It was a message play...I liked it...

Walton Buys Off Me
02-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Shaq's a no talent fat sack of shit.

If his dimpled ass makes it to the Finals (highly unlikely), Manu will posterize him just like he does everyone else in this league.

FromWayDowntown
02-14-2005, 07:24 PM
It doesn't strike me as a protestable kind of thing. Really, it's playoff basketball, and in large part, Javie & Crew called that game like a playoff game. I think in many situations it probably could have drawn a foul, but I don't think it's the kind of thing that you go around screaming about as an injustice. It was a physical play in a physical game -- and thankfully, Manu didn't get hurt.

GrandeDavid
02-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Walton, I'm living for your takes, bro! Hilarious. Do keep them coming! :lol

boutons
02-14-2005, 07:47 PM
"He just crossed his arms like most players do when setting a screen."

is that legal? as well as raising his arms up and out from his body? When I see players setting screens, the arms are straight by their sides, and their hands over their crotch.

The ABC commentators called it a "forearm shiver".

Whatever, Manu was lucky. Shaq knew what he was doing, no-fear Manu has given Shaq plenty of trouble in the past.

sickdsm
02-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Its rediculous. If shaq was 6'4 190 that would have been an offensive foul on Manu. The only thing you can make a case for was that he stuck his arms out about 4-6 inches towards manu. Manu ran into a perfectly set defender outside the dotted line.

I don't know how you can watch that game and call Shaq a no talent sack of shit. I was amazed by his soft hands. He doesn't have good hands for a guy his size, he's got good hands for any NBA player. I think it was an entry pass with Rasho defending him and Manu doubleing him while the pass was in the air i was amazed how he was even able to catch the ball, looked like Manu was going to have a steal and yet he dunked it and it looked like Rasho was going to block it from behind.

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Shaq's a no talent fat sack of shit.

If his dimpled ass makes it to the Finals (highly unlikely), Manu will posterize him just like he does everyone else in this league.

How do you know about hid dimpled ass,have you seen it. :elephant

3rdCoast
02-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Say ho, fucking get over it. Shaq and the Heat won. Leave it at that til the finals are here.

Jdspur20
02-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Say ho, fucking get over it. Shaq and the Heat won. Leave it at that til the finals are here.

here come the trolls....

3rdCoast
02-14-2005, 09:19 PM
I love the Spurs, they are my #2 fav. team. I have always loved Shaq and whatever team he is on. Dont get it twisted, I love the Spurs and even more, I love big games and big plays. But what I do not like is bitching and complaining about stuff, especially when the actions in question are ridiculous.

TwoHandJam
02-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Again, I don't see the Heat getting past Detroit without a minor miracle much less beating us in a seven game series. This whole thread is wild conjecture. It's like discussing Seattle winning it all.

Not 'ga happen.[/Bush sr.]

Nikos
02-14-2005, 11:37 PM
I don't know. I beleive Miami is better than Detroit right now. I do think Detroit will play better basketball -- but beating Miami not going to be easy for them -- even Detroit plays better than their best basketball of last season.