PDA

View Full Version : Great Dana White Audio...

LEONARD
10-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Kimbo, EliteXC, Junie, etc...
http://mmamania.com/2008/10/15/dana-white-on-expansion-junie-browning-the-future-and-more-audio/

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 05:11 PM
great stuff.

Evan
10-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Wow...very good interview. That part where he talks about Tom...further proof his promoter stuff is just a bit. You can tell he likes Tom.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 07:38 PM
The interviewer says BJ Penn is calling

"GSP a cheater who uses steroids" I can't wait for GSP to smash that friggin tool.

Evan
10-15-2008, 07:55 PM
The interviewer says BJ Penn is calling

"GSP a cheater who uses steroids" I can't wait for GSP to smash that friggin tool.

Is BJ a steroid accusation troll now? :lol

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Is BJ a steroid accusation troll now? :lol

This thing will get as ugly as Penn can make it. GSP is not a shit-talker, he'll do it a little but he never goes all out with it. Penn is going to make accusations like that, cry and moan about how he was "Robbed blind in the last fight", do anything to piss GSP off. With Sherk he was all kisses and hugs after burying him in the press for months because he kicked his ass. If Sherk had won, he'd have been an excuse making jerk in defeat. He'll do the same with GSP. If he wins, take it all back and kiss butt. If he loses, (which he will) He'll be all bitter about everything.

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Haha it should be an awesome fight. I see BJ taking it though. He'll sub em.

Evan
10-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Well considering I am on a serious MMA PPV diet considering the fortune I have spent since 2005 they have sold me on this one.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Haha it should be an awesome fight. I see BJ taking it though. He'll sub em.

Who has Penn beat that makes you think he can sub GSP?? Pulver and Sherk vs Koscheck and Fitch

GSP is bigger, stronger, much better athlete, much better conditioning, much better wrestler, striking is about even or maybe goes to GSP thanks to his kicks. Penn has one edge, that is on the ground and GSP is a bitch to sub. Penn can't take GSP down if his life depended on it.

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Sherk is much better than both Kos and Fitch.

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Who has Penn beat that makes you think he can sub GSP?? Pulver and Sherk vs Koscheck and Fitch.

Who has Brock Lesnar beat for you to think he will smash Randy?

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:09 PM

:lmao

Oh man, your killing me. He got beat down by GSP so bad at 170 he fled to 155

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Who has Brock Lesnar beat for you to think he will smash Randy?

Never said he would smash Randy. I just think he can make it a fight

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Never said he would smash Randy. I just think he can make it a fight

Make it a fight? Do i need to quote you?

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:10 PM

I'm sorry this is still killing me. Come on Dallas you know better :hat

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:12 PM
:lmao

Oh man, your killing me. He got beat down by GSP so bad at 170 he fled to 155

Did Georges not get beat down by fucking Matt Serra and tap to freakin Matt Hughes with one second left? How can GSP finish this fight? No way he subs Penn and Penn is not getting KO'd by anyone at 55 or 70.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Make it a fight? Do i need to quote you?

I said it is a tough matchup for Randy given the wrestling and it is. I did not pick Brock to win outright i don't think and even if i did so what?? I can't change my mind. I think it will be a good fight, that has not changed. What does that have to do with GSP and Penn?? You are deflecting the issue. We can talk about that at another time. What is your take on Penn and GSP, explain. Telling me Sherk is better than Kos and Fitch is weak and false

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry this is still killing me. Come on Dallas you know better :hat

Fucking Jon Fitch? What has he ever done besides beat up a bunch of mid level fighters. Who...Diego Sanchez? Are you kidding me? What has Kos done? He should have had his ass KO'd against Hazelett. Not to mention his JJ sucks, just watch the Fickett fight.

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Who has Penn beat that makes you think he can sub GSP??

Gomi? He took Machida to a decision? enough?

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Did Georges not get beat down by fucking Matt Serra and tap to freakin Matt Hughes with one second left? How can GSP finish this fight? No way he subs Penn and Penn is not getting KO'd by anyone at 55 or 70.

HE got hit with a lucky punch and beat the pants off Serra in the rematch. HE is so much better in every area of fighting now compared to then and when he first lost to Hughes he was not even on the same planet as he is now. I get the sense you are not a GSP fan and have blinders on to his skill level.

FACT- Penn's last fight at 170 was against Hughes and he got finished

Fact- GSP has since dessimated Hughes twice

Fact- GSP is a better athlete that has proven he can go 5 rds with a legit number 1 contending 170 pd fighter, Penn not so much. You say he can't get KO'd by anyone at 170. We know that how? He hasn't fought anyone there since Hughes beat him.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Gomi? He took Machida to a decision? enough?

Machida is as interested in finishing fights as Dana is in making nice with Tito

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Machida is as interested in finishing fights as Dana is in making nice with Tito

Machida I think takes what he gets. He finished Franklin and Bonnar. It doesn't take away from the fact Penn fought one of the best at freakin 205.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Fucking Jon Fitch? What has he ever done besides beat up a bunch of mid level fighters. Who...Diego Sanchez? Are you kidding me? What has Kos done? He should have had his ass KO'd against Hazelett. Not to mention his JJ sucks, just watch the Fickett fight.

And Pulver has done what??

Stevenson, GSP would rape him

KOS, is a huge 170 pder with great hands and a kick ass wrestling background. He'd give Penn all kinds of problems like Hughes did. He is a much better striker than Hughes, more explosive and an even better wrestler.

Sherk has beat who?? The best fighters he fought were Hughes, Penn, GSP, lost to all of them.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Machida I think takes what he gets. He finished Franklin and Bonnar. It doesn't take away from the fact Penn fought one of the best at freakin 205.

And he lost to Jens Pulver back in the day, GSP has fought and beat better fighters the last few years, that is a fact.

Evan
10-15-2008, 08:26 PM

2 fights I would love to see....

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:28 PM
2 fights I would love to see....

I just can't get over saying Sherk is better than 2 top contender at 170 when Sherk washed out at that weight class. :hat

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:29 PM
You can talk about who has beat who all you want...but thats irrelevant in a fight. St. Pierre in no way possible can finish Penn...he couldn't finish Fitch. Penn has more power, better JJ. Pierre has shown he can be KO'd and has no toughness when put in a tight spot. Explain to me how in hell GSP wins other than a decision. The only person who can beat Penn is himself. If his cardio continues to improve from the Hughes fight, he is unbeatable.

Evan
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Regardless...I think they would competitive and I would split it 1-1.

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:36 PM
HE got hit with a lucky punch and beat the pants off Serra in the rematch. HE is so much better in every area of fighting now compared to then and when he first lost to Hughes he was not even on the same planet as he is now. I get the sense you are not a GSP fan and have blinders on to his skill level.

I love GSP. He just has no way to win this fight unless BJ gasses.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:39 PM
You can talk about who has beat who all you want...but thats irrelevant in a fight. St. Pierre in no way possible can finish Penn...

Oh yes he can. Penn has proven that his gas-tank is awful at 170. Beating up guys at 155 that can't even fight at 170 proves nothing whatsoever. Not one damn thing. GSP is much better conditioned, this is a guy that fought Matt Hughes on 30 days notice and smoked him in 2 rds. Penn has never been in that kind of shape, he can't match GSP in that area. The fight goes late, RD 4 and 5 with the kind of pace GSP can set and Penn will be in big big trouble.

"he couldn't finish Fitch. Penn has more power, better JJ"

Shown he has more power against who?? The 155 little guys he beat up on, again not impressed. He was getting outstuck by Hughes in RD 3 before he got taken down and finished at 170. the same Hughes GSP KTFO.

"Pierre has shown he can be KO'd and has no toughness when put in a tight spot"

Penn has shown he can gas at 170, especially when the pace is pushed on him. And GSP had a bad first RD against Penn and came back to fight 2 good rds on him. He has 2 losses, on his record both avenged. Saying he is not tough in a bad spot is not fair. Especially when Penn has shown far more weakness.

"The only person who can beat Penn is himself. If his cardio continues to improve from the Hughes fight, he is unbeatable"

Whatever his cardio is, it won't be where GSP's is, you can take that to the bank. He is fighting a guy with a ton of physical tools on him and is a natural 170 pder. I predict a long night for Penn, or maybe a short one

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:42 PM
I love GSP. He just has no way to win this fight unless BJ gasses.

Right

Wrestling=GSP

Athlete=GSP

Cardio=GSP

Strength=GSP

Versatility=GSP

Yeah he has no shot at all :hat

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Evan and DJ you guys can join in

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Shown he has more power against who?? The 155 little guys he beat up on, again not impressed. He was getting outstuck by Hughes in RD 3 before he got taken down and finished at 170. the same Hughes GSP KTFO.

Gomi is a little 155 guy. He beat down a 185 Renzo and Penn had already killed Hughes before and was winning until he gassed in the 3rd. Again unless he gasses again, BJ wins. And i personally don't see that happening. He is a different fighter and wants to win this very badly.

Penn has shown he can gas at 170, especially when the pace is pushed on him. And GSP had a bad first RD against Penn and came back to fight 2 good rds on him. He has 2 losses, on his record both avenged. Saying he is not tough in a bad spot is not fair. Especially when Penn has shown far more weakness.

I said Penn needs to improve that and that is what will beat him.

Whatever his cardio is, it won't be where GSP's is, you can take that to the bank. He is fighting a guy with a ton of physical tools on him and is a natural 170 pder. I predict a long night for Penn, or maybe a short one

You are really underestimating BJ.

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Right

Wrestling=GSP

Athlete=GSP

Cardio=GSP

Strength=GSP

Versatility=GSP

Yeah he has no shot at all :hat

Never said no shot at all. Just no shot at all at finishing Penn unless Bj gets Tired and GSP ground and pounds him out. But no way in hell does Georges ever get on top.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Go over it with me from a matchup point of view Dallas

Can we agree on the following

GSP is a much better wrestler and athlete who is stronger and will not likely be taken down by Penn

for starters do we agree on that?

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Go over it with me from a matchup point of view Dallas

Can we agree on the following

GSP is a much better wrestler and athlete who is stronger and will not likely be taken down by Penn

for starters do we agree on that?

He took him down in the first fight...

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
But yes GSP is a better wrestler and is possibly stronger. But I do believe BJ can take him down. next question...

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:54 PM
He took him down in the first fight...

Once, GSP got right back up and he got 4 takedowns on Penn. He badly outwrestled, Sherk, Kos, Hughes, Fitch all much better than Penn is in that area. Penn is a great JJ guy with good takdown defense. HE does not have great enough takedowns to put GSP on his back. He has no shot at that at all.

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Once, GSP got right back up and he got 4 takedowns on Penn. He badly outwrestled, Sherk, Kos, Hughes, Fitch all much better than Penn is in that area. Penn is a great JJ guy with good takdown defense. HE does not have great enough takedowns to put GSP on his back. He has no shot at that at all.

read one post above. i agreed.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
But yes GSP is a better wrestler and is possibly stronger. But I do believe BJ can take him down. next question...

You underestimate that edge but fine

From a standup point of view

Tell me what you see and i'll counter it

GO

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 09:03 PM
That's hard to see. BJ has more power in his punches...and i know already know you don't agree. Basically, St. Pierre beats people that try and counter him which is near impossible. BJ will push the pace. St. Pierre will move around with leg kicks until BJ catches a leg and trips him or until St. Pierre gets close enough and gets caught. It's still early. I love GSP and he has a great shot at winning a decision, but who knows where St. Pierre's head will be and I know Penn is fired up and his training his Hawaiian balls off for this fight. I'm going to watch the debate. See you in 2009 when Randy has the belt and BJ is still licking that savory Canadian blood off his gloves.

2centsworth
10-15-2008, 09:09 PM
this is a mega fight!!! I might even have a viewing party at my house. GSP wins this because he is too strong, athletic and skilled.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 09:18 PM
That's hard to see. BJ has more power in his punches...and i know already know you don't agree. Basically, St. Pierre beats people that try and counter him which is near impossible. BJ will push the pace.

He may have slightly better hands but he is way back on GSP in the kicking department. Penn does not throw that many leg-kicks and he isn't that good at checking them. Huge edge for GSP, his kicks are amazing. Your talking about Penn pushing the pace is just WTF. We know his cardio is not what GSP's is and he is so far back on GSP with wrestling it is crazy. Not as strong or the athlete GSP is. Greg Jackson is great at making game-plans. We know Penn is very skilled but if GSP is going to win a high pace is a must. GSP will push the fight, up and down, strikes, takedowns, by RD 4 BJ will be looking for the exit, gassed out and dead on his feet.

"I love GSP and he has a great shot at winning a decision, but who knows where St. Pierre's head will be and I know Penn is fired up and his training his Hawaiian balls off for this fight"

I know exactly where his head is at?? Since the loss to Serra he is like a machine with focus. Penn is fighting the best GSP anyone will ever face that night. Penn will be ready he wants this bad but no way as bad as GSP. Again you can't compare desire with these guys. GSP has wanted it much more for far longer. Again 30 days notice he destroys Matt Hughes. Did you see Penn at UFC 87? He was heavy and not in shape. He is not as dedicated a fighter as GSP. The best of GSP is just better than Penn.

"See you in 2009 when Randy has the belt and BJ is still licking that savory Canadian blood off his gloves"

See you when Obama is President and BJ is talking shit about 155 pders as GSP is still savoring the WW title. :toast

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Alright somebody tally this bitch up :p:

Evan
10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Alright somebody tally this bitch up :p:

They found cocaine in your pee pee

DQ

Shameful :nope

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 10:01 PM
They found cocaine in your pee pee

DQ

Shameful :nope

I'm a Drunk not a drug-addict :toast

LEONARD
10-16-2008, 08:33 AM
BJ will take it...

dbreiden83080
10-16-2008, 10:32 AM
BJ will take it...

Nice Breakdown :toast

Evan
10-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Nice Breakdown :toast

Nobody brings it like leonard.....

dbreiden83080
10-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Nobody brings it like leonard.....

Evan who you got in that fight right now, or are you undecided?

Evan
10-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Man I dunno…makes my brain hurt thinking about it. I am undecided. Both guys are simply so good. The best of the best….

dbreiden83080
10-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Man I dunno…makes my brain hurt thinking about it. I am undecided. Both guys are simply so good. The best of the best….

My take on the fight honestly is that the UFC knows full well GSP will win. That is why Penn is not being forced to fight a top 170 contender because it could ruin their superfight. When you think about it, them fighting now doesn't make sense. Penn gets a shot at 170 for beating Sherk, who GSP whipped so bad years ago, he never fought at 170 again. Penn is lucky GSP did not demand he fight a contending 170 pder first. Like Alves and the winner gets GSP.

dbreiden83080
10-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Something interesting Dana said on the piece was "The UFC really doesn't need to leave Spike TV because they are only in a few million less homes than CBS and the UFC has so much programming dedicated on just Spike", interesting that he sounded like they love Spike and don't want to leave. Or he could be bullshitting until a better deal comes along.

Evan
10-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah I noticed that…I think until the economy gets better this is a dead issue. The EXC thing is such a massive cluster eff I doubt MMA is looking too attractive to networks right now unless the orgs are willing to give the networks a piece of the company.

Forget the UFC…throw WEC out there...