View Full Version : Romo is playing against the Rams

Evan
10-15-2008, 06:23 PM
1310 the ticket in Dallas or ESPN.

Can't tell who broke it first.

EDIT: "He has told his coaches he is ready to play" so now their toning it down

Chris
10-15-2008, 07:52 PM
No...Brad Johnson practiced with the team today, while Romo took a few snaps before practice. Romo is not cleared to start.

Romo will fly with the team to St. Louis because his injury isn't prohibitive for travel. He is expected to miss as many as three games while the finger heals.

Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips didn't exactly rule out Romo completely against the Rams, but emphasized that he would have to practice this week to potentially play. The team also wants to ensure he doesn't do further damage to his finger.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=0302EF10-0EA5-B710-1D81B07F5CE1ACFD

That news came out today at 5pm.

leemajors
10-15-2008, 08:46 PM
romo threw today, and appeared to have good velocity and did not look uncomfortable after throwing per ESPN

dirk4mvp
10-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Isn't it just convenient that ESPN has turned into a Cowboys news station?

Evan
10-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Isn't it just convenient that ESPN has turned into a Cowboys news station?

what do you mean?

dirk4mvp
10-15-2008, 09:16 PM
what do you mean?

Here lately if you tune into sportscenter, half the show is dedicated to covering the cowboys.

to21
10-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Hello.

Evan
10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Here lately if you tune into sportscenter, half the show is dedicated to covering the cowboys.

Oh I see. I hate sports center. That channel sucks.

GaryJohnston
10-15-2008, 09:53 PM

Well, like it or not, the Cowboys matter. Between Romo's injury, Pacmans suspension and the signing of the good Roy Williams, its not suprising. However I rarely tune into ESPN for my news. I don't care much for their commentary

Obstructed_View
10-15-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm glad ESPN over-covers the Cowboys. For me it makes up for their under-coverage of the Spurs.

Romo
10-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Nah, I'm not going to play against the Rams cause they suck but I will be ready to kick the bucks asses throwing to the best receiver tandem and the best tight end in football.

sa_butta
10-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Breaking News: Tony Romo just took a shit and his pinky finger fell in the toilet while wiping his ass. Had his finger gone up his ass the butterfinger would have been recovered. Romo claims he can still throw with four fingers and will play this Sunday.

ATRAIN
10-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Romo playing against the Rams isnt a good idea. They can get by without him and Romo should concentrate on the Bucs and Giants.

Evan
10-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Romo playing against the Rams isnt a good idea. They can get by without him and Romo should concentrate on the Bucs and Giants.

Agree....

BacktoBasics
10-16-2008, 10:38 AM
+1 if this team can't be the Rams without Romo they have bigger issues.

Give him the week off and get him ready for the Bucs and Giants. This would give them a week to fully implement the dink and dunk Brad Johnson offensive scheme that Romo can use while he's injured.

Evan
10-16-2008, 10:47 AM

Give him the week off and get him ready for the Bucs and Giants. This would give them a week to fully implement the dink and dunk Brad Johnson offensive scheme that Romo can use while he's injured.

I think this is what will happen ^^^.

Brad isn't awful and he is good enough to carry this team team for a couple games. And of course he looked bad flinging the ball around to B-C Teamers…give the guy 15-25 passes .

GaryJohnston
10-16-2008, 11:29 AM

Exactly.

BlackSwordsMan
10-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Let the cowboys do the wild cat this week

Whisky Dog
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Breaking News: Tony Romo just took a shit and his pinky finger fell in the toilet while wiping his ass. Had his finger gone up his ass the butterfinger would have been recovered. Romo claims he can still throw with four fingers and will play this Sunday.

Sure you don't mean butta finger?

Evan
10-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Listening to today's press conference right now…Wade is not saying he is or isn't playing. Seems like a game timer.

jack sommerset
10-16-2008, 07:19 PM

I'm not sure the Cowboys can get passed the Rams without Romo especially with Newman,Jones, Williams and other players out. Before Romo the Boys sucked the passed 12 seasons.