PDA

View Full Version : what team will sign manny?

ducks
10-15-2008, 10:53 PM
dodgers according to the announcers are willing to spend 20-25 million a year on a short term del (2 years)
all gms are afraid of a long deal:lmao

ducks
10-15-2008, 11:03 PM
amazing every gm thinks manny is motivated because he wants thatbig contract accorinding to the announcers!

dirk4mvp
10-15-2008, 11:51 PM
The Dodgers signing him and getting C.C. is very possible. The Diamondbacks will be shitting their pants.

Anti.Hero
10-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Nyy

mytespurs
10-16-2008, 12:26 AM
The Dodgers signing him and getting C.C. is very possible. The Diamondbacks will be shitting their pants.

You really think so? I live in LA and from what I read and hear, McCord is one who doesn't like to spend a lot of $$$.

baseline bum
10-16-2008, 12:37 AM
I thought Manny sucked?

.520 BA
.667 OBP :wow
4 HR
10 RBI

... in the 8 most important games the Dodgers have played in almost 20 years.

A pace of 81 HR, 203 RBI in a season. 10 RBI is ridiculous considering how many times Ramirez went up to bat with no one on base.

FromWayDowntown
10-16-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm going to laugh my ass off if Manny somehow ends up in a D'Bags uniform.

IronMexican
10-16-2008, 09:59 AM
McCourt better pay for him or CC. I will cheer for him anywhere he goes.

T Park
10-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Mets

5 years 125 milion.

turiaf for president
10-17-2008, 09:57 AM

yea word is they might not bring back furcal. berroa is a good defensive ss and i think if matt kemp works on taking pitches and not striking out as much he can be a servicable lead off bat.

the dodgers have over 60 mil coming off the books.

lowe
furcal
kent
garciaparra
penny
blake
loaiza
maddux

and couple more i cant think of off teh top of my head.

cc should be had for 5-6 years 120-140 mil. thats baout 20-25 per. bring back manny at 2 years 45-50 mil and thats about 23-25 per.

rotation should be
cc, billingsly, kuroda, kershaw, and the 5th spot is open to mcdonald, park, schmidt, stultz. thats a pretty solid starting pitching staff and their bullpen was amongst the best in the league.

c martin
1 loney
2 dewitt
ss berroa
3 bring back blake or sign someone servicable.
rf either
cf kemp
lf manny

also i can imagine andruw jones sucking like last year again and pierre is a guy that alot of teams would be interested in if the dodgers eat some of the contract.

i think if loney hits the weights this off season, he should have a good power season next year. he hit tons of balls off the wall. just need that extra 5 feet in distance to clear the fence

IronMexican
10-17-2008, 10:09 AM
We should get Maddux as a pitching coach, or an adviser for Kersh. Fuck Furcal, the man can't stay healthy. CC would be great here. I know he is from Oakland, too. So he has a west coast connection. Let Penny go, he has been done since mid way through 2007.

Biernutz
10-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Manny wants a long term deal with guaranteed $$. You just know some GM will mortgage his teams future to sign him.

JamStone
10-18-2008, 05:01 AM
Mets will pay the price.

JMarkJohns
10-18-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm going to laugh my ass off if Manny somehow ends up in a D'Bags uniform.

Won't happen. Diamondbacks are opporating on a 65ish budget. They will try to sign Webb to an extension this offseason, Ditto for Randy Johnson, have to find a replacement 2nd-baseman, since Hudson believes he's worth Utley-money, find at least two quality arms for the pen, maybe three, and then work on their issues in the outfield and at first.

The team's best overall hitter, Conor Jackson, played better as an outfielder. But the team's highest paid player, Eric Byrnes is returning and will need that spot. Tracy, the team's second-best lefty bat is a much better 1st-baseman than third, but isn't near the hitter Jackson is. SO....

Just way too many issues for Manny to end up in Arizona unless they package Young or Upton along with Byrnes to free up money to sign him, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Tiexiera makes more. Resigning Hudson makes more.

T Park
10-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Tiexiera is gone to the Yankees with CC.

Book it.

JMarkJohns
10-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I wasn't counting on the Diamondbacks making a play for him. Just saying, for the money, he makes more sense. If they had the 20-million to play with, they'd resign Johnson and Hudson, and go after the best one or two relievers on the market. THEN, they could explore a few trade options with Young, Byrnes and Tracy.

As far as CC, I don't think he ends up as a Yankee. Maybe, but I don't see it. I think the several west coast teams contend, with the Red Sox being the east coast sleeper. They will likely need to replace Schilling, Beckett is having some issues, and Lester and Dice-K are better suited for 3-4 than 1-2 or 2-3.

I think CC ends up a Dodger or in Boston.
I think Sheets ends up either staying in Milwaukee or in Atlanta.
I think Teixeira ends up a Yankee.
I think Manny ends up a Met.
I think Dunn ends up in Texas or Seattle as a DH.
I think Orlando Hudson ends up a Met or a Brave.
I think K-Rod ends up a Met.
I think Burnett ends up a Dodger.
I think Lowe remains a Dodger or ends up a Met.
I think Fuentes ends up an Angel.
I think Garland remains an Angel or ends up a Dodger, a Met or Diamondback.
I think Peavy is traded to Milwaukee or Atlanta (loser of Sheets).

And if the Dodgers decline their option on Penny, I think he ends up in Arizona or Atlanta. If he does end up in Arizona, then it would not surprise me to see Randy end up a Dodger.

ducks
10-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Manny Ramirez: 'I want to see who is the highest bidder'

Manny Ramirez: 'I want to see who is the highest bidder'In the aftermath of an exciting season had come to a sad conclusion for the Los Angeles Doders, owner Frank McCourt worked the clubhouse, shaking hands with the players and thanking them for their efforts. The Dodgers' owner then held court with the media, and all the questions revolved around one player.

Are you going to bring back Manny Ramirez?

"It takes two to tango," McCourt said. "Of course we want him back."

And with those words began the most interesting winter in Dodgers history according to the Los Angeles Times. The negotiations between the player who captured the imagination of Los Angeles as he carried the team to its best season in 20 years and an owner who has struggled to make fans believe that a World Series championship is his first priority.

In the final game of the NLCS some fans wore T-shirts and jerseys with his name and a dreadlock wig to imitate his signature hairstyle as they chanted "Stay Manny Stay!"

Said Ramirez: "I want to see who is the highest bidder."

That bidding could approach, or exceed, $100 million. If the Dodgers do not win the bidding, or drop out at what might well be a justifiable point, it is not the player with the openly mercenary attitude who would be left in Los Angeles to dodge the criticism. It would be McCourt, and the Dodgers.

"They're in a tough spot," said David Carter, executive director of the USC Sports Business Institute. "That could be a prudent decision based on what's going on in the marketplace, and yet they'll still get skewered for allowing him to leave.

"I don't see any middle ground. If they let him go, it will reinforce the perception they're not committed to winning. If they sign him, it will materially move the needle in their favor, and the fans will rally around him."

Source: Los Angeles Times

Purple & Gold
10-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Mets or Yankees

lefty
10-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey Manny Ramirez..

GFY

Bosox still in it :lmao

bostonguy
10-19-2008, 01:45 AM
I'd love to have Manny back in Boston but there is no chance in hell of that happening. So because of that, he needs to stay with the Dodgers. The Dodgers better not get cheap with Manny or he will bolt. He will cost ALOT but the son of a bitch is worth every single penny.

dirk4mvp
10-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Hey Manny Ramirez..

GFY

Bosox still in it :lmao

ducks?

anyways, with the payday Manny's about to get somewhere, I highly doubt he's giving a shit what Boston is doing.

ducks
10-19-2008, 10:40 AM
I'd love to have Manny back in Boston but there is no chance in hell of that happening. So because of that, he needs to stay with the Dodgers. The Dodgers better not get cheap with Manny or he will bolt. He will cost ALOT but the son of a bitch is worth every single penny.

the gm said 20-25 million a year for a couple years
I do not call that cheap

manny has proven long term deals could hurt the team
also dodgers have talked to other gms and no one wants to give manny a long term deal yet

if manny did not think his run with the dodgers was not fluke he would take a short term deal

rember these pitchers never saw manny before

dirk4mvp
10-19-2008, 11:54 AM
the gm said 20-25 million a year for a couple years
I do not call that cheap

manny has proven long term deals could hurt the team
also dodgers have talked to other gms and no one wants to give manny a long term deal yet

if manny did not think his run with the dodgers was not fluke he would take a short term deal

rember these pitchers never saw manny before

are you serious?

JMarkJohns
10-19-2008, 12:07 PM
I think Manny gets a 3-year, 75 million deal from the Mets. I'd be very surprised if he gets a fourth year at that money.

3-years, 75 million or 4-years, 80 million, maybe 90 million.

I don't think there's any way he gets a fifth year.

I think the Mets have the money and need to make it work.

I really think the Mets are going to spend rediculous amounts of cash this offseason.

20+ per for Manny, 12+ per for O.Hudson, 10+ for F.Rodriguez and around 8/10 for Lowe.

They could use another true mid-line starter (maybe resign Pedro) for 5/6+ per and one or two middle-relievers for 2/3+ per as well.

End of the offseason, they could be committing something like 200 million in total contracts and roughly 60 million for the first year.

It'll give them a hell of a team, though.

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2008, 01:29 PM
For the record, I wasn't at all predicting that Manny would land in Phoenix and I don't think that's even a likely landing spot. I just thought it would be funny, in the context of this forum, to see Manny land with the D'Backs -- I can't decide if ducks' head would explode or if ducks would break both ankles with a sudden 180 on Manny's value as a player.

Biernutz
10-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Giants have a need for a big star----or the Mets have money--never in Boston again.

JMarkJohns
10-19-2008, 02:42 PM
For the record, I wasn't at all predicting that Manny would land in Phoenix and I don't think that's even a likely landing spot. I just thought it would be funny, in the context of this forum, to see Manny land with the D'Backs -- I can't decide if ducks' head would explode or if ducks would break both ankles with a sudden 180 on Manny's value as a player.

True... It's like had those Bonds to Az. rumors around the All-Star Break this year had truth to them. I don't know if I would have been able to follow them, but I know many D-backs fans who hated Bonds think it was a reasonable idea.

turiaf for president
10-20-2008, 08:49 AM

LOL if that happens i predict ducks will get on his knees

turiaf for president
10-20-2008, 08:49 AM
are you serious?

:lmao:lmao:toast

thats wut ive been saying all season man

ducks
10-20-2008, 09:21 AM
LOL if that happens i predict ducks will get on his knees

I am on record already I would not follow the dbacks
it goes against their youth movement
and one player is worth 25 million that has a chance to act like a baby
rember boston was winning and he still acted up

dirk4mvp
10-20-2008, 09:39 AM
I am on record already I would not follow the dbacks
it goes against their youth movement
and one player is worth 25 million that has a chance to act like a baby
rember boston was winning and he still acted up

remember Boston won 2 rings because of him. remember the Dodgers won a playoff series in 20 years because of him. remember he's better than anybody on the d'bags.

IronMexican
10-20-2008, 10:44 AM
ducks?

anyways, with the payday Manny's about to get somewhere, I highly doubt he's giving a shit what Boston is doing.

No, he's a "Yankee fan" who likes to cheer for the Sox.

ducks
10-20-2008, 02:13 PM
remember Boston won 2 rings because of him. remember the Dodgers won a playoff series in 20 years because of him. remember he's better than anybody on the d'bags.

he won the hole thing himself
wow
I did not rember him playing all postions in the playoffs and regular season

dirk4mvp
10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
good to see you're sticking to what you do best...being a fucking dumbass.

turiaf for president
10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
take manny away from both teams. boston would kill the dodgers. yet with manny the dodgers went as far as the sox this year. bay played good in the playoffs but if u tell me that manny doesnt take them over the top of the rays ure seriously a fuckin retard

Reggie Miller
10-21-2008, 09:33 AM
You really think so? I live in LA and from what I read and hear, McCord is one who doesn't like to spend a lot of $$$.

Like or dislike has nothing to do with it. Frank McCourt doesn't have a pot to piss in. That's the origin of the parking plan fiasco, etc. Despite playing in a major market, the Dodgers have to squeeze every penny out of tickets, concessions, and parking. McCourt isn't able to "subsidize" the team like some private owners have in the past.

McCourt's entire "fortune" was tied up in commercial real estate. The Dodgers allegedly struggled to even meet their debt service for the first few years of McCourt's ownership (2004-2006).

I Love Me Some Me
10-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Chicago Cubs

ducks
10-21-2008, 02:50 PM
take manny away from both teams. boston would kill the dodgers. yet with manny the dodgers went as far as the sox this year. bay played good in the playoffs but if u tell me that manny doesnt take them over the top of the rays ure seriously a fuckin retard

can manny pitch:lmao:lmao:lmao

jack sommerset
10-21-2008, 02:59 PM
If there is a baseball God the Yankees will sign him and waive that stupid fucking rule,keeping ur hair short. Boston vs Yankees will be better than it has been.

FromWayDowntown
10-21-2008, 03:01 PM
If there is a baseball God the Yankees will sign him and waive that stupid fucking rule,keeping ur hair short. Boston vs Yankees will be better than it has been.

And one of them will still finish 3rd in the AL East.

T Park
10-21-2008, 05:12 PM

Why is it stupid?

Its a uniform policy.

Reggie Miller
10-23-2008, 08:16 PM
The Cubs need an impact LH hitter. The Tribune was not able to sell the team this quarter. The Cubs also have two outfielders with unmovable contracts (read: Fukudome and Soriano). All this means no $ for Manny.

I could see Hendry trading Derek Lee for a LH bat*, but I don't see them pursuing Manny without some major shakeups happening first.

* Of course, you tell me who is really available. Milwaukee would be smart to trade Fielder before he walks, but Chicago doesn't have many legitimate trade pieces that Milwaukee would want. They are paper thin at shortstop, catcher, and LHP, for example.

turiaf for president
10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
can manny pitch:lmao:lmao:lmao

can u be any more retarded?

ducks
10-23-2008, 10:40 PM
no you act one player won it all for boston
no players or manager helped