PDA

View Full Version : Local elections

Shelly
10-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Who's running? All I've seen is Larsen (?) because they sent an early voting flyer.

I tend to ignore the gazillion size littering the intersections

FromWayDowntown
10-16-2008, 09:45 PM
I will implore all Texans: if you vote in only one judicial race, vote for Chief Justice Wallace B. Jefferson, a Republican, to maintain his seat on the Supreme Court of Texas. He's been an absolutely fabulous Chief and, in my estimation, should maintain that post for at least the 6 more years that he'd get in a new term.

Nbadan
10-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Ciro!

Nbadan
10-17-2008, 01:27 AM
...and city council extensions!

Das Texan
10-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Does hoping for Rick Noriega to come back and beat up Big John count as local?

101A
10-17-2008, 08:20 AM
I will implore all Texans: if you vote in only one judicial race, vote for Chief Justice Wallace B. Jefferson, a Republican, to maintain his seat on the Supreme Court of Texas. He's been an absolutely fabulous Chief and, in my estimation, should maintain that post for at least the 6 more years that he'd get in a new term.

The only endorsement I've read all year I give a shit about.

Seriously.

(unfortunately I live in Pa now)

fyatuk
10-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Who's running? All I've seen is Larsen (?) because they sent an early voting flyer.

Things like this are useful: http://www.bexar.org/ELECTIONS/Sample_ballot_Nov_2008.pdf

If you're not in Bexar county, do a search for a sample ballot for your own county.

You'll need to refer to your voter registration card or find some other way to figure out which ones apply to your precinct, though, since that includes all races taking place anywhere in the county.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-17-2008, 09:36 AM

While nowhere near as comprehensive or stylish as I'd prefer, we do have a little something.

http://www.ksat.com/politics/17630573/detail.html

Ya Vez
10-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Keep Texas sane and prosperous don't let Texas become Michigan or California... Vote Conservative...

Bartleby
10-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah! Keep Texas more like Utah, South Dakota, and Arkansas.

101A
10-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Trust me, I've lived in Pa now for 3 years; the previous 37 in Texas; There is NO comparison.

There are simply many more taxes and regulations here; it's almost hard to describe if you don't experience it.

I file FOUR tax returns: Federal, State, School District AND Township

I pay property taxes TWICE a year; two different amounts, from two different taxing authorities; toll roads out the ass; an annual $52 "Priviledge of Working" tax...it's kind of unbelievable. That doesn't count the Union control and corporate hostility. Fuck overseas; these States are losing thousands of jobs to more conservative states. The economy sucks, and has for pretty much ever. The only bright spot now is they've found a HUGE natural gas deposit; it'll save the area IN SPITE of the onerous govt.

To know the success/failure of liberal vs. conservative policies; look at the states as your model. It's so obvious, it's ridiculous.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-17-2008, 02:06 PM
I will implore all Texans: if you vote in only one judicial race, vote for Chief Justice Wallace B. Jefferson, a Republican, to maintain his seat on the Supreme Court of Texas. He's been an absolutely fabulous Chief and, in my estimation, should maintain that post for at least the 6 more years that he'd get in a new term.what's the deal with him.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2008, 02:33 PM
what's the deal with him.

He's an exceptional judge -- I would be unsurprised to wake up one morning, in a few years, that he's been nominated to the United States Supreme Court. He's extremely smart and very thoughtful in his disposition of cases. He needs to remain Chief Justice. If you want more than that, I'll be happy to advocate for him.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-17-2008, 02:50 PM
. If you want more than that, I'll be happy to advocate for him.that's what i was hoping for.

ElNono
10-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Trust me, I've lived in Pa now for 3 years; the previous 37 in Texas; There is NO comparison.

There are simply many more taxes and regulations here; it's almost hard to describe if you don't experience it.

I file FOUR tax returns: Federal, State, School District AND Township

I pay property taxes TWICE a year; two different amounts, from two different taxing authorities; toll roads out the ass; an annual $52 "Priviledge of Working" tax...it's kind of unbelievable. That doesn't count the Union control and corporate hostility. Fuck overseas; these States are losing thousands of jobs to more conservative states. The economy sucks, and has for pretty much ever. The only bright spot now is they've found a HUGE natural gas deposit; it'll save the area IN SPITE of the onerous govt.

To know the success/failure of liberal vs. conservative policies; look at the states as your model. It's so obvious, it's ridiculous.

Wife and I like to go walk around in New Hope, PA in the summer. Are you anywhere near that area?

PM5K
10-17-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm voting against extending terms....