PDA

View Full Version : Who to root for on Th -Suns or Mavs?

Rummpd
02-14-2005, 11:52 PM
On the fence here discuss:

Suns won again tonight, albeit not impressively but still now again with best record by 1/2 game.

If they win out will and Spurs take care of business in NO, Suns will go in up 1/2 game - on the surface want Suns to lose vs. Dallas but is it more important to have them beat Dallas and put some more distance between them (Dallas). and Spurs?

I would still lean toward Dallas wanting beating Suns, we hold tie breaker vs. both anyway and would still have pretty good lead on Dallas and enter All Star game up on Suns.

Discuss:

T Park
02-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Spurs are up 7 on dallas, or 6

Id rather Dallas beat Phoenix, but that aint happening

boutons
02-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Why do we care about games back between Spurs and Mavs? The only race is for best league record between Spurs and Suns.

Looking at the Spurs road record against top teams, the Spurs are really going to need the help of HCA all the way through the playoffs, although HCA meant fuck all last playoffs since the Spurs couldn't beat Lakers @Staples. But every little bit helps. With the Spurs dropping games against EC dreck like Wiz and Heat plus the usual
Spurs play-down losses against lottery teams, we must want the Mavs, and anybody else, to beat the Suns for us.

The Mavs are 2-0, two tough wins @SAC, @SEA, on their western road trip which has GS, PHX, and UTA remaining. If the Mavs are hitting their shots, they might stay close enough to get a couple of late breaks and steal a W from Suns. I don't think the Mavs D is enough to hold the PHX offense.

exstatic
02-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Dallas. Maybe PHO will have an off shooting night. It happens.

milkyway21
02-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Dallas. Maybe PHO will have an off shooting night. It happens.Phoenix didn't have an offnight when they played the Spurs in Phoenix :rolleyes, but lost.

Pops already got that coaching job in Denver, it doesn't really matter to me.

I don't want the Suns to unseat the Spurs in the WC,but I also don't want Dallas to beat the Spurs in the Southwest standings, & I can't stand Cuban.

Whatever!

Notorious H.O.P.
02-15-2005, 02:02 AM
You gotta go with Dallas on this one. As much as anyone may claim that we need to maximize our cushion in the division to at the very least guarantee the top seed coming out of the division, our focus should be on the present, the overall battle between the Spurs and the Suns. And yes, anyone can claim that we need to own our division first before anything else, especially when they cite instances like a couple of years ago when Dallas was tearing up the league and got beat out by the Spurs in the end (due in no small part to injuries on the Mavs and yes, that could happen with the Spurs as well). But we have to live in the present and at this time Phoenix is the threat, not the Mavs. Go Mavs......against the Suns of course.