PDA

View Full Version : I Phucking Hate Lee Corso!

IronMexican
10-17-2008, 01:25 PM
He is gonna jinx SC!! He said we are going to the NC.:depressed ESPN Always jinxes LA teams.

DMX7
10-17-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't believe in jinxs. Get it done or don't is what I say.

JamStone
10-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I think the losing to Oregon State jinx already settled it before Lee Corso said anything.

johngateswhiteley
10-17-2008, 07:10 PM
I think the losing to Oregon State jinx already settled it before Lee Corso said anything.

you think if SC runs the table they wont be in the title game?

JamStone
10-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Nope. Because if you assume USC runs the table, I'll assume there will be at least 2 or 3 teams that also finish by running the table or have only 1 loss but have lost to better teams than Oregon State.

johngateswhiteley
10-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Nope. Because if you assume USC runs the table, I'll assume there will be at least 2 or 3 teams that also finish by running the table or have only 1 loss but have lost to better teams than Oregon State.

i'm hopeful, but we'll see. i have a hard time believing t.u., alabama, and penn state will go undefeated. so if SC goes undefeated i don't see how they wont be in the BCS championship.

you appear to dislike SC/me and the Trojans complete ownage of michigan and the big 11, but no need to be foolish.

JamStone
10-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Penn State will likely make it through the rest of the season without losing, plus the Big Ten doesn't have conference championships. And, Alabama has a couple tough games, but I don't see them losing to either LSU, who is fraudulent this year, or Auburn.

I think it's just as likely that Bama loses to LSU or Auburn that it is USC loses to Arizona or California. Those two games are no gimmies.

As for disliking you and the rubbers, well I definitely don't like U of Sweet Cash. And, I'm not in denial that they've owned Michigan and the Big Ten over recent years. But, you, I dislike you not because you're a USC fan or because of USC's ownage of Michigan. I dislike you because you're a complete horse's ass when it comes to USC. There's a distinction.

MajorMike
10-20-2008, 08:54 AM
i'm hopeful, but we'll see. i have a hard time believing t.u., alabama, and penn state will go undefeated. so if SC goes undefeated i don't see how they wont be in the BCS championship.

you appear to dislike SC/me and the Trojans complete ownage of michigan and the big 11, but no need to be foolish.

If one of those 3 goes lossless and a team such as UGA or Fla runs it they will leapfrog SC. While SC plays no one else of SOS importance who will even be close to the Top 25, UGA and Fla play each other and Fla also has Vandy, Fla State, UK while UGA has LSU, Auburn, Ga Tek, UK. The poor performance of the P10 is going to drag SC down.

Furthermore, with 4 teams from the same division ranked ahead or right next to SC (OSU is .003 behind and ttek is .063), at least one of those 4 teams is most likely going to run it and the one that does will be ranked ahead of SC for certain. Additionally, if you were to say that OSU and ttek don't run it, that means that uo most likely will. I would think that even if UT loses to one of OSU or ttek they would still be ranked ahead of SC (because at least they didn't lose to a dog).

Winding down the year, it always looks as if there is going to be some silly snafu about one team getting ranked higher than another even tho they beat that team and blah blah. The final poll almost always fixes that, however. If a team like UT has one loss to another Top 15 team and has beaten 2 or 3 Top 10 teams and a team like Bama has 1 loss to a Top 10 team and has bean 2 or 3 other Top 15 teams while a team like SC lost to a .500 team and has only 1 win over a top 30 team, they system will get it right.

romad_20
10-20-2008, 04:19 PM
UGA (any 1-loss SEC team for that matter) wins out or a 1-loss team from the Big 12 wins out and they will jump USC. Conference Championship game against a tough opponent and a stronger SOS will do that.

Right now though Texas and Bama have the inside track. That would be a great game. I'm actually hoping for a UT-UGA or UGA-USC NC, i would love to see my dawgs play either of those teams. Our O-line might not hold up against them right now, though.

to21
10-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Corso didn't jinx SC, they just got out played. BTW, even if they run the table, I don't think they deserve a shot at the title.

samikeyp
10-21-2008, 11:58 AM
you think if SC runs the table they wont be in the title game?

Not if others in front of them also run the table.

MajorMike
10-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Here's a great scenario....

Let's say Ore State may be for real; after all they beat SC.

If they win out, they are P10 Champs and get the auto bid.

If SC wins out and is 1/2 in the BCS, will they get a shot at the BCS title after not even being their own conf champ? I thought they vowed not to do that after uo did it a couple years ago.

Doug Collins
10-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Here's a great scenario....

Let's say Ore State may be for real; after all they beat SC.

If they win out, they are P10 Champs and get the auto bid.

If SC wins out and is 1/2 in the BCS, will they get a shot at the BCS title after not even being their own conf champ? I thought they vowed not to do that after uo did it a couple years ago.

Didn't Nebraska make it to the NC game without winning the Big 12 as well?

romad_20
10-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Didn't Nebraska make it to the NC game without winning the Big 12 as well?

Yes, and UGA got held out for it last year. I think it should be a rule you have to win your conference. I wanted UGA there last year but I think it would have only been fair if they had played and beat LSU during the season, but they didn't play.

I also think that each BCS conference should be required to play a freaking championship game. It would do nothing but add credibility to the Pac-10, Big 10 and Big East.

USC should get the same treatment if they don't win the weak Pac-10. Wash St and UW are the worst teams I've seen in a while. Crappy, Duke style.

IronMexican
10-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes, and UGA got held out for it last year. I think it should be a rule you have to win your conference. I wanted UGA there last year but I think it would have only been fair if they had played and beat LSU during the season, but they didn't play.

I also think that each BCS conference should be required to play a freaking championship game. It would do nothing but add credibility to the Pac-10, Big 10 and Big East.

USC should get the same treatment if they don't win the weak Pac-10. Wash St and UW are the worst teams I've seen in a while. Crappy, Duke style.

Why not just get rid of the damn Division Championship games and add a playoff.

romad_20
10-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Why not just get rid of the damn Division Championship games and add a playoff.

I'm down with that, but the bowls are not.

tonylongoriafan
10-22-2008, 09:35 AM
playoffs? playoffs? plplayoffs?