PDA

View Full Version : How I fell in love with a Slovenian on Valentines Day!

MannyIsGod
02-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Well, we've all heard of southern hospitality. But how many of you have heard of Slovenian hospitality? It's just as good if not better!

I spent much of the day with our very own Slomo showing him some of the sights of romantic San Antonio. We walked through the Alamo, on the Riverwalk, past the Library downtown, Mission San Jose, and The Japanse Tea Gardens. He was also nice enough to buy me lunch, where I introduced him to my first love. Chicken Fried Steak.

After dropping me off at my girlfriend's apartment, we met up again for dinner. We had a very nice dinner at Mi Tierra while being serenaded by mariachis. We then said our goodbyes, as he must travel back to his homeland and his wife and kid in Slovenia.

</gay bullshit>

Straight up, I had an awesome time showing Slomo around town today. Took him to all the regular spots. He couldn't get to see the Spurs Shop at the SBC center because of the stupid rodeo, but we made sure he got plenty of Spurs gear at Academy.

I introduced the man to chicken fried streak and before I could ask him how it was, he had cleaned his plate!

Tonight, Jess, Kori, LJ, Greg and myself took him to get some good food at Mi Tierra. After I bribed the hostess for a table with my number, we were seated and the feast began.

I had a great time, and the man is super smart and super nice.

Here's to Slomo! :drunk

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-15-2005, 01:08 AM
Damn, that would have been nice to join you all with.

Props to Slomo. Have a safe trip back!

Kori Ellis
02-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Manny is right; Slomo is awesome.

But this statement ...

After I bribed the hostess for a table with my number, we were seated and the feast began.

:lol Please!

Guru of Nothing
02-15-2005, 01:28 AM
After I bribed the hostess for a table with my number, we were seated and the feast began.

222-2222

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-15-2005, 01:47 AM
You want to know what's really funny about this story?

Tonight, right around closing time, some drunken fool asked that waitress for her phone number, and she gave him Manny's.

:lmao

The Big Chicken
02-15-2005, 04:50 AM
You want to know what's really funny about this story?

Tonight, right around closing time, some drunken fool asked that waitress for her phone number, and she gave him Manny's.

:lmao
:rollin :lmao

GrandeDavid
02-15-2005, 07:09 AM
I would've loved to have been there, too! I'll be in town in March if anyone wants to hear any crazy Brazilian stories. :lol

Slomo, glad you had fun and received some typical, top notch Texan hospitality!

JoeChalupa
02-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Slomo is a fine gentleman with a great laugh.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-15-2005, 10:23 AM
I would've loved to have been there, too! I'll be in town in March if anyone wants to hear any crazy Brazilian stories. :lol

Slomo, glad you had fun and received some typical, top notch Texan hospitality!

March GTG!

bigzak25
02-15-2005, 10:32 AM
slomo is good people. glad to meet you man. way to show the man a good time guys. good job.

SpursWoman
02-15-2005, 10:37 AM
slomo is awesome ... I can easily see Manny's infatuation. :eyebrows :lol

Kori Ellis
02-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Slomo is packing his bags to head for the airport as we speak :(

He's a great guy. I recommend all the Slovenians get together and have a beer or dinner with him back in Slovenia -- he's got a lot of great stories and is very fun to be around.

SlovenianGuy
02-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Maybe we really should organise GTG here in Slovenia. Sadly, no games are live on slovenian TV.

SLOVENIAN 8
02-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Maybe we really should organise GTG here in Slovenia. Sadly, no games are live on slovenian TV.

If they were than we would have GTG at 3 or 4am. Man that would be Crazy :smokin

fonzy16
02-15-2005, 11:16 AM
they broadcast liveNBA ---- NBA Finals. and spurs will be there.

SLOVENIAN 8
02-15-2005, 11:17 AM
they broadcast liveNBA ---- NBA Finals. and spurs will be there.

Yes that is true, the NBA finals will be broadcasting Live :elephant

fonzy16
02-15-2005, 11:20 AM
so we can have a gtg then

Slo spurs fan
02-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Hell yea I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Big Chicken
02-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Yea, sure, let me just forget about my exams and drop out of college, than grab a beer and go watch the game at 3 in the morning. GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!

GrandeDavid
02-15-2005, 02:21 PM
We can always watch them on NBA.com if one of the Slovenians can hook up a huge monitor.

T Park
02-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Have a good trip home Slomo.

Hope you can come back in the playoffs another time.

baseline bum
02-15-2005, 05:09 PM
So which Mex. restaurant did you guys take him to, Kori?

Yo Manny, I hoped you convinced Slomo to grab some chit from the bakery.... IMO the best part of Mi Tierra.

MannyIsGod
02-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Nah, we didn't hit the bakery, but I did bring some empanadas to Kori's on Sunday, and I think he had one or two of those.

SequSpur
02-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the invite. :pctoss

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Fell in LOVE,he is a GUY,HELLO

IcemanCometh
02-15-2005, 10:01 PM
manny's a queer

milkyway21
02-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Speaking of Slovenians is this article on Beno's stats true?

Futures watch
Start scouting for next season at the Rookie Challenge
Posted: Friday February 11, 2005 12:55AM; Updated: Friday February 11, 2005 1:12AM

Andre Iguodala is averaging 5.8 rebounds and 1.7 steals per game but hopes to show some scoring flash at the Rookie game.
Glenn James/NBAE via Getty Images

Next weekend the NBA and entertainment world will meld into one big glitterati-fest at All Star Weekend in Denver. Outside of the parties, seminars and skills competitions, there is one very interesting game to be seen. No, I'm not referring to the All-Star Game that Sunday. Instead I write of the Rookie Challenge that will be contested on All-Star Friday night.

How could an All-Star event mean anything to your fantasy squad? It's simple really. The sophomores, led by LeBron James and Dwyane Wade (both of whom will also participate in the adult game on Sunday), should smoke the rookies pretty good. But probably for the first time all season, you'll get a true sense of what the rookies really can do on the floor. Instead of playing within a system in which they're the young, uptight, mistake-prone kids who are trying to grasp the system of their coaches and veteran teammates, they'll be able to play a more free-flowing, talent-driven game with their peers.

Last year's rookie team was special, with the aforementioned James and Wade, along with Carmelo Anthony. But last season less-heralded players like Kirk Hinrich (six assists), Josh Howard (13 points) and Udonis Haslem (nine points, three steals) also gave onlookers a glimpse into the future. That future is now.

So while everyone else is looking forward to oohing and ahhing at dunks and three pointers on All-Star Saturday, you should be scouting next year's talent at the Rookie Challenge.

Here are a few players to watch who you probably don't get to see much of, but will want to have on your squad next year:

Tony Allen, G, Celtics: Allen has been something of a steals machine for Boston as of late. In the Rookie Challengehe'll have a chance to show a little more of the offense that he displayed while averaging 15.3 points and 2.9 assists per game over two years at Oklahoma State.

Andre Iguodala, swingman, Sixers: Another hustle and steals guy, the ninth pick overall shows flashes of a young Richard Jefferson, a fellow Arizona Wildcat. Much like Jefferson, Iguodala needs to work on his outside shot, but it's much easier to improve your shooting than it is to improve your athleticism.

Beno Udrih, PG, Spurs: In very limited playing time in a crowded Spurs backcourt, Udrih is averaging 19 points, 6.6 assists and 2.01 steals per 48 minutes. While Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are locked in for San Antonio, Udrih should become a major contributor next season. The way he's played, he deserves it.....

HIP HOOPERS
02-16-2005, 03:25 AM
Those are the "48 minutes stats"! But he only plays 1/4 of it, so...