View Full Version : Energy independence promised for 30 years

DarrinS
10-18-2008, 11:08 AM
But never delivered.

dC3X6vTFwIo

Anti.Hero
10-18-2008, 11:31 AM
These things take time.

Look how long it took for the Obamassiah to return.

whottt
10-18-2008, 02:05 PM
So has some form of socialized medicine...

It's funny, Health Care used to be affordable until the Government start to dabble around in it...

Tully365
10-18-2008, 03:04 PM
That video is ridiculous. It spends more time on Shumer, Hart, and Kerry than it does on Reagan, who clearly represents the turning point in the modern era for this topic. Carter gave tax breaks for solar, and Reagan eliminated them. Carter set mpg standards for automobiles, and Reagan got rid of them. Carter had solar panels installed at the White House, and Reagan had them taken down. At every turn, Reagan sided with oil over energy innovation.

DarrinS
10-19-2008, 10:37 AM
That video is ridiculous. It spends more time on Shumer, Hart, and Kerry than it does on Reagan, who clearly represents the turning point in the modern era for this topic. Carter gave tax breaks for solar, and Reagan eliminated them. Carter set mpg standards for automobiles, and Reagan got rid of them. Carter had solar panels installed at the White House, and Reagan had them taken down. At every turn, Reagan sided with oil over energy innovation.

I think you missed the point.

George Gervin's Afro
10-19-2008, 10:45 AM
So has some form of socialized medicine...

It's funny, Health Care used to be affordable until the Government start to dabble around in it...

:rollin

care to provide a link?

ElNono
10-19-2008, 10:47 AM

What was the point, exactly?

DarrinS
10-19-2008, 10:58 AM
What was the point, exactly?

We will not be energy independent in 10 years. Not in 20 years. Not in 50 years.

ElNono
10-19-2008, 11:05 AM
We will not be energy independent in 10 years. Not in 20 years. Not in 50 years.

I agree.

Tully365
10-19-2008, 02:34 PM

The video is clearly slanted and disingenuous. It's the equivalent of an NBA finals video documenting the highlights of the last 10 championships that gives equal time to Allen Houston, Udonis Haslem, Jason Terry, and Tim Duncan. I'm no great supporter of Shumer, but the insinuation that Shumer and Reagan are somewhat equally responsible for the direction of this country's energy policy over the last 30 years is just plain silly. If you want to post a non-partisan, objective statement about American politics and energy independence, I'm with you 100%... but don't try to make believe that this video is even attempting to do anything remotely like that.