PDA

View Full Version : Why the Spurs are not going to the 2009 Finals

lefty
10-18-2008, 07:16 PM
It has nothing to do with basketball; when we are 100% healthy, we are the best.

One word : Economy

With the economy being bad, Stern will focus his efforts on marketing more than ever.
That means that the 2009 Finals will feature big markets or names that sell.

Stern will make sure that nice/classy/dirty/quiet/boring (oh, and now coward, I almost forgot) Spurs won' t make it out of the West.

Alright, discuss

:meeting:

Biernutz
10-18-2008, 07:23 PM
The Economy?--What a Stupid Post!http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/364671om6tmadclo.gif

Anti.Hero
10-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Manu will fix it by then.

The economy that is.

honestfool84
10-18-2008, 08:14 PM
i can't stand obama.

mccain 08.

DMX7
10-18-2008, 08:28 PM
McCain is not too smart.

manufor3
10-18-2008, 08:44 PM
McCain is not too smart.

plus, if mccain dies if he wins (i hope he doesn't) i don't trust Palin

OBAMA 2008

honestfool84
10-18-2008, 08:44 PM
obama is not too experienced.

lefty
10-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks everyone for hijacking the thread

JP le Requin
10-18-2008, 08:52 PM
vote sarko for the NWO lol

theroc5
10-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Go Mcpalin Go

The Franchise
10-18-2008, 09:13 PM

I'd rather have an inexperienced genius than an experienced dunce.

honestfool84
10-18-2008, 09:31 PM
I'd rather have an inexperienced genius than an experienced dunce.

and lebron would rather have more money than championships.

yeah, once seems nice; but the other is far more valuable.

jaffies
10-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Ron Paul 2008

honestfool84
10-18-2008, 09:34 PM
spurs 09.

jayc23
10-18-2008, 09:48 PM
McCain 08... this is a ignorant OP

xellos88330
10-18-2008, 09:59 PM
another conspiracy. its a shame that it makes a wierd kinda sense though.

Spork KIller
10-18-2008, 11:08 PM
It has nothing to do with basketball; when we are 100% healthy, we are the best.

With the economy being bad, Stern will focus his efforts on marketing more than ever.

Stern will make sure that nice/classy/dirty/quiet/boring (oh, and now coward, I almost forgot) Spurs won' t make it out of the West.

Alright, discuss

What a dumbass!!!

Stop making excuses asswipe!!

Don't blame the economy for your pathetic team demise.

Even if the economy was good, your sorry ass team wouldn't made it to the Finals.

Rartings killer, boring, old, overrated and not good overall are the main reasons they won't be there.

tomtom
10-18-2008, 11:15 PM
thanks honestfool84 for starting this bs

Strike
10-18-2008, 11:22 PM

Exactly what is McCain experienced in besides being linked to banking scandles? Because he's been a Senator for so long? What does that prove? That he can bullshit his way into office repeatedly? Sounds like another fuckwad that got elected president the last two elections.

OBAMA '08

honestfool84
10-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Exactly what is McCain experienced in besides being linked to banking scandles? Because he's been a Senator for so long? What does that prove? That he can bullshit his way into office repeatedly? Sounds like another fuckwad that got elected president the last two elections.

OBAMA '08

acorn.

and that 'fuckwad' that was elected president, has done a damn good job of keeping this country free of another terrorist bombing.

or wait.
we can have a democratic president, congress, and senate - and then cut all defense spending and let them terrorist bastards get us. that's the plan, right?

oops - obama 08 doesn't seem that good now.

Spurtacus
10-18-2008, 11:41 PM

Alright, discuss

Excellent point. Wonder if a Boston-LA repeat is on the radar.

Anti.Hero
10-19-2008, 12:04 AM
LOL

It takes a real genius to steal money from the wealthy and redistribute it for masses of votes.

Real fucking genius indeed.

And if this thread goes below 50mph this shit goes BOOM.

angelbelow
10-19-2008, 12:05 AM
im sure stern wants the most marketable team to be in the finals. i wonder if he'll make it happen.

lefty
10-19-2008, 12:22 AM
What a dumbass!!!

Even if the economy was good, your sorry ass team wouldn't made it to the Finals.

Rartings killer, boring, old, overrated and not good overall are the main reasons they won't be there.

When was the last time your WNBA team beat the Spurs?

Let me rephrase this: when did your team win a title?

xtremesteven33
10-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Ron Paul 2008

:worthy:

Rob123
10-19-2008, 12:27 AM
acorn.

and that 'fuckwad' that was elected president, has done a damn good job of keeping this country free of another terrorist bombing.

or wait.
we can have a democratic president, congress, and senate - and then cut all defense spending and let them terrorist bastards get us. that's the plan, right?

Wait... you're serious?

Please say you're not serious. You think defense spending influences whether we're attacked by terrorists or not?

Please say you're joking. And Bush did a damn good job protecting us from terrorists? I guess Osama determined to attack in America and the subsequent 9/11 attacks were well prevented.

Good thing he did well with the economy too... oh wait.

Hey at least the country is better off then it was 8 years ago... oh wait...

SpursDynasty
10-19-2008, 01:34 AM
If not the Spurs, then who? I don't see any team in the West that's ready to make a Finals run other than the Spurs. The Hornets? They'd have to be better than last year to do it, and they're not getting better than last year. The Lakers? Not happening. They are the most overrated team around. Mavericks and Suns? No explanation needed. We've gotten younger. That's what we needed to do, right? We keep the guys that matter (TD, TP, Manu, Bowen) and got younger.

Manufan909
10-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Still kept KT and Fin. I was hoping for a full rebuild, but whatever.

Demo Dick Marcinko
10-19-2008, 03:21 AM
What a dumbass!!!

Ok shit stain, your penis envy aside, we'll get to the finals before your shitty excuse for a team does. So sorry you don't know what the experience of your favorite team winning a championship feels like, but fill that void in your life in a constructive manner. Get a hobby, see what it's like being gainfully employed or see if the rumors you've heard and read about in Penthouse Forum about women are true. Being a troll on rival's fan board ain't going to add meaning to your pathetic existence. You're a sheep lost, wandering in the wilderness.

I don't know how old you are, but (A) move out of your mom's basement, she's tired of having to explain the myriad of reasons for failure in your life to her friends or (B) move out of your kid's apartment because they are tired of supporting you and to this day you probably still piss on the toilet seat, you inconsiderate bastard.

Your act is old, tired but priceless. We wouldn't want you to go away mad or even go away, because when someone on this board has a bad day or thinks that things aren't going the way they'd like or that they can't get any worse, we always have you. Then we don't feel too bad. Then there's the entertainment value that you bring to this board. People for the most part inherently love to laugh, and since you make laughing at you easy, brother you have filled a valuable public service.

Keep it real. If one pill of your medication doesn't help, take them all, you won't be missed. I have a feeling that day will probably be the best day of your sad life little man. And by the way fuck you, suck on fish heads and rice.

Lefty sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm of the opinion that there is no conspiracy going on.

honestfool84
10-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Wait... you're serious?

Please say you're not serious. You think defense spending influences whether we're attacked by terrorists or not?

Please say you're joking. And Bush did a damn good job protecting us from terrorists? I guess Osama determined to attack in America and the subsequent 9/11 attacks were well prevented.

Good thing he did well with the economy too... oh wait.

Hey at least the country is better off then it was 8 years ago... oh wait...

i love how you just hear what you want to hear.
of course defense spending doesn't influence whether or not we're attacked by obam, i mean, osama's terrorist. stupid.

but it DOES determine what kind of defense we have against those same terrorists.

and this is bush's fault?
DRpLp32L-v0
right.

Chucho
10-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Ok shit stain, your penis envy aside, we'll get to the finals before your shitty excuse for a team does. So sorry you don't know what the experience of your favorite team winning a championship feels like, but fill that void in your life in a constructive manner. Get a hobby, see what it's like being gainfully employed or see if the rumors you've heard and read about in Penthouse Forum about women are true. Being a troll on rival's fan board ain't going to add meaning to your pathetic existence. You're a sheep lost, wandering in the wilderness.

I don't know how old you are, but (A) move out of your mom's basement, she's tired of having to explain the myriad of reasons for failure in your life to her friends or (B) move out of your kid's apartment because they are tired of supporting you and to this day you probably still piss on the toilet seat, you inconsiderate bastard.

Your act is old, tired but priceless. We wouldn't want you to go away mad or even go away, because when someone on this board has a bad day or thinks that things aren't going the way they'd like or that they can't get any worse, we always have you. Then we don't feel too bad. Then there's the entertainment value that you bring to this board. People for the most part inherently love to laugh, and since you make laughing at you easy, brother you have filled a valuable public service.

Keep it real. If one pill of your medication doesn't help, take them all, you won't be missed. I have a feeling that day will probably be the best day of your sad life little man. And by the way fuck you, suck on fish heads and rice.

Lefty sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm of the opinion that there is no conspiracy going on.

Whoa. Be careful what you say to this guy, he might get Shaq to make all of us pay!

On topic, I don't buy into the conspiracy angle either. If we don't go the Finals it's because AGE
new players
Manu's dinged up
Utah, NO, LA are all better on paper
No solid forth scoring option
Other specific reasons, but ya get the gist.

But somethings are for sure, we are better than Phoenix, we will win 50+ games and we will get to at least game 6 of the second round. Been doing it for a decade.

#2!
10-19-2008, 09:46 PM
of course defense spending doesn't influence whether or not we're attacked by obam, i mean, osama's terrorist. stupid.

holy shit there are actually people more retarded than that woman at the mccain rally that called obama an untrustworthy arab....

why do you even care who wins, you're just gonna live in your own fantasy world like you have been for the last 8 years anyway

xellos88330
10-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Other specific reasons, but ya get the gist.

Is that a play on words??? :lol

rascal
10-20-2008, 11:28 AM
If not the Spurs, then who? I don't see any team in the West that's ready to make a Finals run other than the Spurs. The Hornets? They'd have to be better than last year to do it, and they're not getting better than last year. The Lakers? Not happening. They are the most overrated team around. Mavericks and Suns? No explanation needed. We've gotten younger. That's what we needed to do, right? We keep the guys that matter (TD, TP, Manu, Bowen) and got younger.

The Lakers will be in the finals.

completely deck
10-20-2008, 12:09 PM
This thread. It's the worst

Flux451
10-20-2008, 12:27 PM
acorn.

or wait.

ACORN...Mccain was a featured guest speaker at an ACORN rally smartguy.

ACORN supports low income families. A few bad apples shouldn't ruin the organization.

You know how easy it would be for terrorists to commit acts now? Easy.
Mccain going to cut defensive spending also.

Aren't you more afraid of countries like China, that don't commit terrorists attacks on us, but are powerful. If they attacked us now we would be so vulnerable because most of our military is fighting a nonsensical war.

THat is the fuckwads fault and Mccain will continue the war.

The fuckwad should of went after OSama in the first place.

Mccain/Bush 2008, not this election foo!

spursfan09
10-20-2008, 12:40 PM
I would like to believe this is the reason we didn't make it to the finals, but...

if manu never fully recovers from his injury
If TP gets too tired of carrying the team in the reg season and gets tired later on
If the newbies do not rise to the occassion
if Udoka and Finley don't build upon last year
if Shaq eats all the Spurs' food and they starve
...are reasons we should consider first. not the economy.