PDA

View Full Version : 2nd favorite team?

milkyway21
02-15-2005, 02:58 AM
okay Spurs fans you want the Spurs to WIN again that title. But, we can never be 100% sure Spurs will be in the finals or maybe if we could get there, there's a team that you really want to win if you can't. And I don't want it to be Miami. ShaQ? NOT AGAIN.

So let's forget who's the hottest, who's on the East's top seat. let's forget whose team has ShaQ or Lebron or VC.
I want to KNOW IF THE SPURS CAN'T WIN IT THIS SEASON, WHAT TEAM OR PLAYER WOULD YOU LIKE TO WIN IT ALL? And WHY?

My pick is:
76ers or
ALLEN IVERSON-shld have validation of that 60pts., man,and that ENERGY on the court every night. Aside
from being TD's co-captain on the Olympic team.
I even cheer for him in the finals vs. the Lakers, just fell short. :cry and Lakers won.

Drachen
02-15-2005, 03:12 AM
Nope its all about the most clutch player in history, not jordan, you ignorant asses, Im talking about reggie miller. Indiana is my second favorite team because of him. He retires, I have no second favorite team.

milkyway21
02-15-2005, 03:21 AM
Nope its all about the most clutch player in history, not jordan, you ignorant asses, Im talking about reggie miller. Indiana is my second favorite team because of him. He retires, I have no second favorite team.
Reggie is one of my favorites, too. All-time 3pt. scorer and one the best clutch player. And I really want him to get that ring before he retires.

But, he's just 3rd on my list. :rolleyes

toosmallshoes
02-15-2005, 06:44 AM
The Cavs. Lebron excites me like a fresh bag of popcorn in the microwave that is in it's first five seconds of rat-a-tat-tat.

Rummpd
02-15-2005, 07:58 AM
As someone from Philly I will endorse AI getting a ring and it sure would ease the pain of all these shocked Eagles fans around here still trying to figure out what the hell took so long on the Eagles non hurry up offense -" Puke gate" with McNabb etc.

dougp
02-15-2005, 08:56 AM
From the East, I'm going for Wizards ... it's a shame that LB has to coach the Pistons, as I don't like the team.

From the West, if not the Spurs, then the Mavs ... Just a Dirk fan, the guy looks almost as goofy as Marks and runs down the court worse than Rasho :D

NZHayden
02-15-2005, 08:59 AM
my 2nd favorite team is boston.
reasons- no threat to the spurs
pierce is awesome.
i like the colour green.
and they hold the rights of New Zealand breakers center Ben Pepper (16ppg, 11rbpg)

Jimcs50
02-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Wizzards....for obvious reasons

MaNuMaNiAc
02-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Suns, sory but these guys are playing bball the way its supposed to be played. Plus Nash is just "ON FIRE" this season! Did anyone see the Suns vs Jazz? he had 19 pts and 18 assists! 18!!!!!

Jimcs50
02-15-2005, 09:19 AM
This was his 11th straight game where he has had at least 12 assists....dude is unbelievable....we should have traded for him this Summer. Manu would be averaging 22 pts/game with Nash as his backcourt mate.

NZHayden
02-15-2005, 09:31 AM
you think hes mvp standard?

Gerryatrics
02-15-2005, 09:36 AM
The Sonics. I doubt they have a chance, but no one expected them to do as well as they have this season either. I also like the Suns, but I don't know if a team that seems to actually oppose playing defense winning the Championship would be good for the game. From the East, the Pistons out of the contenders, I don't know why, but I still like them. I also like the Cavs, I was one of the doubters of Lebron, but not only has he lived up to the hype, in my opinion, he's exceeded it.

Ballcox
02-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Having grown up watching Larry and the Celtics, mostly because it was either them or the Lakers on tv, I still have a soft spot for the ol' green and white. I guess it would be cool of they won the whole shooting match. I don't think there's a chance in hell it will happen, but if not the Spurs I think I could handle the Celts winning.

respect the 'fro :fro

slayermin
02-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Go Clippers!

N.Y. Johnny
02-15-2005, 11:00 AM
I liked watching The Baby Bulls there for a while when they hit their hot streak earlier. I guess I like watchin them to see whats up and if they can turn it around finally

TNT21
02-15-2005, 11:10 AM
You know, I'm really starting to like that Lebron kid!! He's Aiiiiiggghhhttt!!

Slo spurs fan
02-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Olimpija (Slovenia)! :lol

skillz
02-15-2005, 12:31 PM
memphis

Spurminator
02-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Whoever plays Miami.

baseline bum
02-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Cleveland

fonzy16
02-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Olimpija Ljubljana!

Rummpd
02-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Honestly my new favorite are a daily cassarole for whatever team beats Sonics with that thug Fortson, the Nets now with VC cry baby, the Rockets because TMac is so spoiled, the Heat with Shaq just because, the Lakers just because well they are the Lakers and still have Kobe, the Suns because they are threatening 1 seed and I still don't think they are that good, keeps the Wolves howling,and most of all Dallas as I absolutely despise Cuban and anything to do with Nelson (sorry Avery in my book you now = traitor!).

I could actually like Detroit with their work ethic but I just cannot stand Larry Brown but I do believe they will be are our archrival this year again in finals.

Time to work up hate for them I guess.

GrandeDavid
02-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Whenever the Spurs are eliminated, my interest in NBA playoffs drops on an interest scale of 1-100 from about 100 to....oh, about 5. I just don't give a damn. And this is coming from a man who was born in Houston and is a diehard Texans and Astros fan. Just lost my love for the Cockets when I moved to San Antonio in high school and David Robinson was a rookie.

Seriously, I cannot kid myself into liking any other team in the NBA but the Spurs. Now, in the Brazilian professional league I love my hometown team Uberlandia, the defending national champion and the future South American club champs as well!

picnroll
02-15-2005, 02:29 PM
da Bulls. Wish Pop had somehow scooped up Chandler.

milkyway21
02-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Olimpija (Slovenia)! :lolhey, NBA , NOT universe :lol

T Park
02-15-2005, 08:02 PM
we should have traded for him this Summer

who steve nash??

You want to win a ring right.

Mine is Orlando, then New Orleans.

I spend alot of time in the offseason in Orlando, so I keep up with them, and New Orelans Ive liked since they began in Charlotte.

GoSpurs21
02-15-2005, 11:19 PM
it could never be a western conference team for obvious reason....so I would have to say Washington. I really like watching this team. Especially when Larry Hughes is healthy

Guru of Nothing
02-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Another vote for the Clippers.

Really, I don't watch them that often, but when I do decide to watch another team, the Clips top my list; although, Lebron and the Cavs are making a serious push for the silver medal.

Duncanoypi
02-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Im rooting for the bulls in the east...

Luol Deng...wohooo...

IceColdBrewski
02-16-2005, 12:01 AM
I've never heard of a "2nd favorite team."

If the Spurs don't win, I hope it's anyone but a Shaq or Kobe-led team.