PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 4 & 5

tp2021
10-19-2008, 12:36 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/spidermansequels_blog.html

Spider-Man Returns, But Will Kirsten Dunst?
by Jonathan Crow | October 17, 2008

Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire recently put to end months of gossip and signed on the dotted line for a fourth and fifth installment of "Spider-Man." The only principle not yet confirmed for the wildly successful franchise is Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson, though she's made recent statements that she wants to continue with the series. "Kirsten, I'd love to work with her again," Raimi told MTV's Splashpage: "I hope she'll be written into it. I couldn't imagine making one without her, and I think she's an important part of the movies."

Maguire will, of course, return as Peter Parker though Raimi's exact connection to the production seems a bit more up in the air. "I'm really excited about Spider-Man, and I'm hoping to direct it," said Raimi. "I don't have a script yet, but production would start probably by March of 2010, I'm guessing. It sounds like a long time away, but we need a script first, and a lot of pre-production has to take place."

There's also been much talk over whether or not the two movies will be shot back-to-back, like the "Lord of the Rings" films. As Raimi tells it, that too has yet to be determined. "It's [Sony Pictures Studio Head] Amy Pascal's decision. I don't think it has been decided yet, and she's the one that's really going to make that decision; I'm really curious myself."

Though there are no details on the story for Spider-Man 4 and 5, Raimi has hinted that the two movies will be connected. "If Tobey and me, and all the producers, like the story for two pictures and Amy wanted to do it, then we would do it. It just hasn't been written yet." Screenwriter James Vanderbilt, who wrote Zodiac, has been signed on to write the script. Sony is still casting for the films' villain, though internet speculation has lead to talk of Dr. Curt Connors, played by Dylan Baker, turning into The Lizard as he did in the comic series. There is even talk of Mary Jane's astronaut ex-fiancée John Jameson undergoing a transformation into Man-Wolf.

Raimi has admitted previously that shooting Spider-Man 3 was exhausting, so he's understandably daunted by the prospect of shooting two special-effects laden blockbusters at the same time. "It would be a real endurance test, probably only Peter Jackson knows how hard something like that would be."
__________________________________________________ ____________________

I think I'm actually a little tired of Spiderman movies. But maybe if the villian is cool, I would go see it.

Anti.Hero
10-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Spider-man 4: Jumping The Shark part deux

ace3g
10-19-2008, 01:04 AM
that Palin rap on SNL was awesome and the Mark Wahlberg cameo was cool to, totally called that appearance after Samberg's impersonation last Saturday

tp2021
10-19-2008, 01:06 AM
that Palin rap on SNL was awesome and the Mark Wahlberg cameo was cool to, totally called that appearance after Samberg's impersonation last Saturday

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107250

BlackSwordsMan
10-19-2008, 01:08 AM
I hope kirstin dunst doesn't come back fuck it I hope the spider man movies never come back they all sucked and peter parker bitched and moaned in all three movies

ALVAREZ6
10-19-2008, 01:09 AM
I didn't even see 3 yet.

tp2021
10-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Not missin much, ALVAREZ6.

BlackSwordsMan
10-19-2008, 01:15 AM
I didn't even see 3 yet.

3 sucked balls

BlackSwordsMan
10-19-2008, 01:15 AM
parker somehow becomes a ball room dancer because he gets the venom suit

lefty
10-19-2008, 01:20 AM
The only principle not yet confirmed for the wildly successful franchise is Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson, though she's made recent statements that she wants to continue with the series.

Yeah right.....

Like she will say no to $$$$

All she's had to do in Spidey is crying and screaming

3 sucked balls

Agreed !

1 & 2 were great

ace3g
10-19-2008, 01:24 AM
yeah Spiderman 3 had way to many big mistakes: (I did like Spiderman 1 and 2)

1st way too many villians not enough time for development
2nd they changed the person who kills Peter's uncle
3rd venom suit made parker evil and angry not emo/sad/dancer/

Anti.Hero
10-19-2008, 01:39 AM
lol do not watch 3 if you want to enjoy the thought of Spiderman movies.

Mister Sinister
10-19-2008, 01:58 AM
What are you guys talking about? There's only been 2 Spidey flicks. Jesus.

bostonguy
10-19-2008, 02:12 AM
Spiderman 1 was awesome.

Spiderman 2 was my personal favorite. It had heart, action, romance, comedy (the elevator scene was great) etc etc. The ending was perfect!

Spiderman 3 sucked major donkey testicles. The sandman was a waste and they had to drag out uncle Ben's death in this one. Seriously was that necessary? Involving Harry in the Spiderman/Venom fight pissed me off. They used Venom all wrong and the movie dragged out way too long. All hype is what that movie was.

Now they are doing a 4th and 5th?:lmao:lmao

lefty
10-19-2008, 02:17 AM
My main grip with Spidey 3 was the lack of action scenes

The special effects were great, but there was too much of that Parker - MJ relationship.

Actually, Spidey 3 was a chick flick.

Oh, and in any Spidey movie, most girls are hotter than MJW;

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2008, 02:18 AM
Maybe in the first 15 minutes of the 4th they go back in time and prevent the third movie from occuring. Also I hope Dunst turns it down cause she's been a shitty mary jane from the go.

lefty
10-19-2008, 02:18 AM
Maybe in the first 15 minutes of the 4th they go back in time and prevent the third movie from occuring. Also I hope Dunst turns it down cause she's been a shitty mary jane from the go.

:lmao

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-19-2008, 02:59 AM

The fourth film will start with Parker suddenly awaking and then walking into the bathroom to find Patrick Duffy taking a shower.

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2008, 03:04 AM
Anybody who doesn't think that the whole "3rd movie never happened" scenario is impossible, is not familiar with Marvel as of late

J.T.
10-19-2008, 03:12 AM
Spider Man 3 is like a half step down on the shit ladder from Batman and Robin.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-19-2008, 03:16 AM
Anybody who doesn't think that the whole "3rd movie never happened" scenario is impossible, is not familiar with Marvel as of late
With the way their trying to bleed this franchise dry they could call #4 "Spider Man: One More Sequel"

Spider Man 3 is like a half step down on the shit ladder from Batman and Robin.

DAMN! I haven't seen SM3, but I'd probably struggle to think of more than two or three films I'd consider to be worse than Batman and Robin.

anakha
10-19-2008, 04:21 AM
DAMN! I haven't seen SM3, but I'd probably struggle to think of more than two or three films I'd consider to be worse than Batman and Robin.

Gigli, Catwoman, Glitter - to start the list off. :p:

BlackSwordsMan
10-19-2008, 08:09 AM

most of m night shammlansglot movies

BlackSwordsMan
10-19-2008, 08:30 AM
hahah he wrote two shit movies zodiac and darkness falls
awesome I hope this movie does so fucking bad that someone else comes in and remakes it like they did with batman

ALVAREZ6
10-19-2008, 11:23 AM
I liked Spiderman 1 and 2, and that's why I didn't ever see 3, I heard it sucked from everyone. I wonder if 4 and 5 will be shitty as well.

Anti.Hero
10-19-2008, 11:32 AM
If they could find a good crew/cast to treat comic movies like Jackson treated LoTR, that'd be amazing.

At the rate hollywood is going they are going to bastardize comic movies into oblivion.

JMarkJohns
10-19-2008, 12:11 PM
I didn't even care for #2.

#1 was a B+
#2 was a B-
#3 was a C-

Maybe it's because I never really cared for the series as a kid, but I didn't think the movies were the all kinds of great most every one thought they were. Solid. Fun. But typical.

Mister Sinister
10-20-2008, 08:34 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again, Marvel needs to option the Thunderbolts to be adapted to film, damn it.

mexicanjunior
10-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Spiderman 3 was ok...I didn't have a problem with it. I honestly thought Spiderman 2 was boring as hell...

Supreme_Being
10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Spiderman 2 was the best IMHO.

JessicaJoy
10-22-2008, 02:56 AM
And 6 and 7...will it ever end?????

TDMVPDPOY
10-26-2008, 11:57 PM
they fuckd up the 3rd, now ...

http://d.imagehost.org/0069/Fat_Spiderman.jpg

The Franchise
10-27-2008, 08:42 PM
I hope Kirsten Dunst doesn't come back. The bitch is ugly. they can find a better Mary Jane.

The Franchise
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

exstatic
10-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I hope Kirsten Dunst doesn't come back. The bitch is ugly. they can find a better Mary Jane.

I would hope that Dunst and James Franco would tell them to fuck off after that stupid kitchen scene cooking omelets to The Twist. WTF?

Three was an epic FAIL.

I think if Dunst bolts, they'll just hook up Spidey with Gwen Stacey. Whatever they do, I think they need a new creative team.

Mister Sinister
10-28-2008, 10:09 AM
I would hope that Dunst and James Franco would tell them to fuck off after that stupid kitchen scene cooking omelets to The Twist. WTF?

Three was an epic FAIL.

I think if Dunst bolts, they'll just hook up Spidey with Gwen Stacey. Whatever they do, I think they need a new creative team.
Spider-Man 4: The Night Gwen Stacy Died.

tp2021
11-01-2008, 01:43 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20081031/122544306700.html

Pulitzer pen crafts "Spidey 4"
Friday October 31 1:51 AM ET

Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire got out of a rabbit hole, only to be ensnared by a spider's web.

Lindsay-Abaire, who won a Pulitzer in 2007 for his drama "Rabbit Hole," is in final negotiations to write "Spider-Man 4" for Columbia.

Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire are back as director and star, respectively. Kirsten Dunst also is expected to return for the latest movie featuring the Marvel Comics character.

Plot details are under lock and key. Producer Laura Ziskin had said she would like to aim for a May 2011 release for "Spider-Man 4," nine years after the original movie's debut.

Columbia always has gone off the beaten path during the development process when hiring writers for the "Spider-Man" movies. Alvin Sargent, a veteran scribe best known for 1973's "Paper Moon" and 1980's "Ordinary People," served as a writer on the second and third films. Michael Chabon, another Pulitzer winner, also worked on "Spider-Man 2."

James Vanderbilt previously wrote a draft of "Spider-Man 4."

Lindsay-Abaire's "Rabbit Hole," which starred Cynthia Nixon and Tyne Daly, hit the Broadway stage in 2006 and won four Tonys, including best play. The writer also is known for the play "Fuddy Meers."

Lindsay-Abaire has said in interviews that his plays tend to be "peopled with outsiders in search of clarity," which would put his work on sympathetic terms with Peter Parker, who in his classic incarnation is the perpetual outsider.

The choice of scribe also signals that that filmmakers are intent to focus on character, something that critics said got lost in the third installment.

Lindsay-Abaire, now writing the book and lyrics for the Broadway musical adaptation of "Shrek," has dipped his toe in Tinseltown before, with his adaptation of "Inkheart" due in January. He is also adapting "Rabbit" for 20th Century Fox and Nicole Kidman.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

JudynTX
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Kirsten Dunst will return as Mary Jane Watson, “Spider-Man 4” producer Todd Black told the New York Post.

The star will rejoin director Sam Raimi and star Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker’s love interest in the latest installment in the popular superhero franchise, which is slated for May 6, 2011.

However, don’t expect wedding bells for Mary Jane and Peter — Black told the newspaper that he was unaware of such a subplot. At the close of “Spider-Man 3,” the two had an emotional — but ambiguous — reunion after the film’s events drove the lovers apart.

Additionally, Black hinted at the film’s villain, shooting down online rumors that pegged comic book character Morbius the Living Vampire as the latest member of Spidey’s rogue gallery.

Instead, the producer told the Post that the villain had a significant connection to the Big Apple.

“We’re just coming up with who the villain is now,” he said. “We’ll be shooting in New York again. Trust me, people will appreciate who we pick, because it’ll be a big part of New York.”

In past films, Spider-Man has faced off with the Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Venom and Sandman, leaving a number of famous villains who could make their silver screen debut in “Spider-Man 4.”

Among the popular options are Kraven the Hunter, Chameleon, the Hobgoblin, Mysterio, Venom offspring Carnage and the Lizard, whose human alter-ego, Dr. Curt Connors, had a role in the previous two movies.

Another potential foe could be New York crime boss the Kingpin — however, the character appeared in 20th Century Fox’s “Daredevil” and would likely require a rights acquisition by Sony Pictures.

But the crime lord would give the film a New York connection, and would also be Access Hollywood film critic Scott Mantz’s top choice.

“The Kingpin is grounded in reality, and that’s the appeal of Spider-Man,” Mantz said, adding another suggestion to the mix, femme fatale the Black Cat. “I’d like to see the Kingpin and the Black Cat, to stir the pot with Peter’s relationship with Mary Jane.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31175926/

koriwhat
06-09-2009, 11:19 AM
maybe if they didn't get such a big fuckin' pussy to play peter and an ugly ass ho to play that bitch then they'd have a great flick.

JudynTX
06-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I've only seen SM1 & 2. :lol

manufan10
06-09-2009, 11:22 AM
maybe if they didn't get such a big fuckin' pussy to play peter and an ugly ass ho to play that bitch then they'd have a great flick.

LnGrrrR
06-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Kingpin might be an interesting villain. I still think they should do the Kraven saga... that was pretty good, and would make for a neat movie, I think.

Failing those two... just have him take on the Sinister Six. :D

manufan10
06-09-2009, 11:30 AM

:wow

If that was me, after seeing this picture, I would DEFINITELY go on a diet/get some exercise. DAMN!

phyzik
06-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Kingpin was the first thing I thought of when they said the villain would have strong ties to NY.

And fuck Kirsten Dunst for signing again.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2009, 12:01 PM
“We’re just coming up with who the villain is now,” he said. “We’ll be shooting in New York again. Trust me, people will appreciate who we pick, because it’ll be a big part of New York.”

George Steinbrenner turns the Yankees into a street gang a la the Baseball Furies in The Warriors.

sonic21
06-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Does Spiderman have any female villains?
Not familiar at all with the comics. Just wondering

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I do think SM 3 & 4 need to include a hottie. Kirsten is not hot.

Avitus1
06-09-2009, 10:54 PM
*Sigh* I was hoping Kirsten wouldn't come back.

As for female Spider-Man villains their really aren't any good ones... most haven't been seen for several years.

LnGrrrR
06-10-2009, 07:16 AM
I can't think of any good/popular female Spidey villains. Not really any FF female villains either. Avengers and XMen have some though.

Trainwreck2100
06-10-2009, 09:21 AM
awesome they are bringing back the no talent idiot and her orange hair

MannyIsGod
06-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Man, Spider Man 3 was such epic fail.

Mister Sinister
06-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Gwen Stacy's neck.

Phenomanul
06-10-2009, 08:05 PM
An Ironman or a Hulk cameo (Robert Downey Jr. or Edward Norton) would rack up bonus points with the fan base.

Phenomanul
06-10-2009, 08:07 PM
For that matter even a Wolverine cameo (Hugh Jackman) would do the job...

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2009, 08:57 AM
OP spiderman 4+5, there will be a 6th installment 3 interconnect movie storyline....

umm they should scrapped the 3rd, and re-introduced venom + carnage in the trilogy 4-5-6, theres enough story line for the 2 bad ass villains in spiderman

LnGrrrR
09-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Spiderman 1 was awesome.

Spiderman 2 was my personal favorite. It had heart, action, romance, comedy (the elevator scene was great) etc etc. The ending was perfect!

Spiderman 3 sucked major donkey testicles. The sandman was a waste and they had to drag out uncle Ben's death in this one. Seriously was that necessary? Involving Harry in the Spiderman/Venom fight pissed me off. They used Venom all wrong and the movie dragged out way too long. All hype is what that movie was.

Now they are doing a 4th and 5th?:lmao:lmao

+1

Spidey 3 went through the problem that the Batman movies did. Instead of just focusing on one interesting villain, they tried to throw three in there and there wasn't enough time for each of them.

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2009, 10:22 AM
+1

Spidey 3 went through the problem that the Batman movies did. Instead of just focusing on one interesting villain, they tried to throw three in there and there wasn't enough time for each of them.

they going to introduce new actors...its going to be lame like the batman series b4 bale was the prefered actor for a no. of movies....

ComfortablyNumb
09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
I waiting for the Space Ghost movie.

Trainwreck2100
01-17-2010, 04:33 AM
Raimi said "blow me" and walked out on spider man because the fast track they put it on would compromise it's creative integrity. I wish he said that when they brought up Venom for SP3

Also its being rebooted for 2012

EmptyMan
01-17-2010, 11:06 AM
lol @ the rumors coming out about the next Spidermans.

Good lord. Way to completely fuck up one of the top four comic book heroes. These dumbfucks just don't understand long-term profits through quality.

exstatic
01-17-2010, 12:24 PM
No Raimi. No Toby. No good.

They're going to reboot it and send PP back to H.S.? WTF?

I-Ball
01-17-2010, 02:12 PM

can't think of a true female villian (= big boobed evil), but they should bring black cat/ felicia hardy in.
would be a chance for sexy lady in black for the eyes and a love triangle for the story.

anyway i'm sure they would mess up with the casting (similar to kirsten dunst as mary jane)

lefty
01-17-2010, 03:30 PM
parker somehow becomes a ball room dancer because he gets the venom suit

Avitus1
01-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Spider-Man 4 is going to be Hulk and Wolverine good.

Whisky Dog
01-17-2010, 04:13 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Robert-Pattinson-as-new-Spider-Man/H1-Article1-497397.aspx
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Now spidey is gonna sparkle.

Do the right thing. Kill the franchise already. Don't do this to a great comic icon.

lefty
01-17-2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Robert-Pattinson-as-new-Spider-Man/H1-Article1-497397.aspx
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Now spidey is gonna sparkle.

Do the right thing. Kill the franchise already. Don't do this to a great comic icon.

:bang

JMarkJohns
01-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Man, Spider Man 3 was such epic fail.

Saw it at the theater and was underwhelmed... tried watching it this past Friday night on FX - mind you I had just spent an entire day moving to a 3rd-floor apartment, and was too tired to even move - and I didn't even make through the first hour (so roughly like 35 minutes of the film due to excessive FX commercial breaks).

It's just bad... so damn boring.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Raimi said "blow me" and walked out on spider man because the fast track they put it on would compromise it's creative integrity. I wish he said that when they brought up Venom for SP3

:lol that's was what I was thinking. If Raimi ok'd the Spidey 3 script but hates the Spidey 4 script, just how godawful is that thing?

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 05:25 PM
:lmao did that article say that Michael Cera is also rumored to be in the running to play Spiderman?

He would be okay as Peter Parker but there's no way I could take him seriously as Spiderman.

iggypop123
01-17-2010, 08:02 PM
i saw spidey 3 at midnight and tobey mcguire showed up to introduce it dude was 2 feet away from me. with that said it was crap, except for bryce dallas howard.

ShoogarBear
01-18-2010, 02:31 AM
:lmao did that article say that Michael Cera is also rumored to be in the running to play Spiderman?

He would be okay as Peter Parker but there's no way I could take him seriously as Spiderman.

Michael Cera, LMFAO.

Maybe they could get DiCaprio?

lefty
01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm not a big fan of Tobey Maguire, but he is perfect for the Spidey role

Avitus1
01-18-2010, 12:54 PM
All this and in 3D too... this will be the Highlander 2 of the Spider-Man franchise... it'll actually make part 3 look good.

EmptyMan
01-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Stan Lee...how can you sleep at night.

Trainwreck2100
01-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Stan Lee...how can you sleep at night.

i'd imagine its a very expensive bed

Dex
01-18-2010, 02:39 PM
I'd love to see Carnage, but after Spiderman 3 fucked up Venom so bad, they should just quit while they're behind.

benefactor
07-20-2011, 02:29 PM
qJQS16dGk0w

:jack

benefactor
07-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I'll wait until this comes on TNT.

Phillip
07-20-2011, 03:11 PM
qJQS16dGk0w

:jack

cant wait

as long as they dont have that 1st person view at the end of the trailer in any part of the movie, it should be awesome

DPG21920
07-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Lol redboxn it

Cane
07-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Trailer didn't do much for me but already looks better than the last piece of web crap aka Spiderman 3. How the hell do you fuck up Venom?

Maybe I'm the only one but I wasn't a fan of Tobey MaGuire and Kirsten Dunst being the stars of the Spidey franchise. Kirsten's kinda ugly for Hollywood and both of their versions of the classic characters were flat and the acting was depressing for the wrong reasons. The first two movies were still pretty good though. But still wtf is this shit:

http://filmcrithulk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/emo_peter_parker.jpg?w=320&h=243

lefty
07-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Meh

Bane shits on him

Muser
07-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Trailer didn't do much for me but already looks better than the last piece of web crap aka Spiderman 3. How the hell do you fuck up Venom?

Maybe I'm the only one but I wasn't a fan of Tobey MaGuire and Kirsten Dunst being the stars of the Spidey franchise. Kirsten's kinda ugly for Hollywood and both of their versions of the classic characters were flat and the acting was depressing for the wrong reasons. The first two movies were still pretty good though. But still wtf is this shit:

http://filmcrithulk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/emo_peter_parker.jpg?w=320&h=243

You can't blame Tobey for the writing. I thought he was alright really, he portrayed Parker as a nerd which is what he is.