10-19-2008, 01:10 PM
He fucking sucks.

PeterBurns
10-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Injuries, suspension, penalties suck.
With that said, Wade seems to be no more than a Yes man with a field pass

Anti.Hero
10-19-2008, 01:19 PM
http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070104/070104_cowher_hmed_9p.hmedium.jpg

Spurtacus
10-19-2008, 01:31 PM
http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070104/070104_cowher_hmed_9p.hmedium.jpg

Damn, that would be awesome. He could coach the hell out of the bums on the team.

Spurtacus
10-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Injuries, suspension, penalties suck.
With that said, Wade seems to be no more than a Yes man with a field pass

Wade shouldn't take all of the blame...but at the same time I don't see any benefit to him being a head coach. He is a yes man. A cheerleader. Not a head coach.

Evan
10-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Wade is not to blame.

leemajors
10-19-2008, 02:10 PM
get rid of the entire staff, garrett included.

SpursFanFirst
10-19-2008, 02:16 PM
:wow O-M-G! I cannot believe my eyes!!!!!!!

What in the world is happening in that Dallas game???? I can't watch it here in Indy.

BlackSwordsMan
10-19-2008, 02:19 PM
TO is gonna sing like a bird today

SpursFanFirst
10-19-2008, 02:22 PM
is romo playing today?

SpursFanFirst
10-19-2008, 02:23 PM
someone...anyone?
Where are the Cowboy fans????

dirk4mvp
10-19-2008, 02:23 PM
is romo playing today?

nope. it's been all Johnson.

SpursFanFirst
10-19-2008, 02:26 PM
wow...Maybe Romo really DOES make a difference.
I've always thought he was a tad overrated.

BlackSwordsMan
10-19-2008, 02:27 PM
wow...Maybe Romo really DOES make a difference.
I've always thought he was a tad overrated.

Terrible D also playing a factor

Biernutz
10-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Tomorrow will be a great day at work for all the Cowboy haters.:lmao

mexicanjunior
10-19-2008, 02:35 PM
http://www.randomdestination.com/members/mj/pics/wade-unemployment.JPG

Evan
10-19-2008, 02:36 PM
http://www.randomdestination.com/members/mj/pics/wade-unemployment.JPG

:lmao

samikeyp
10-19-2008, 02:40 PM
someone...anyone?
Where are the Cowboy fans????

Some of us are too busy throwing up due to that putrid performance.

Super Bowl? Yeah, Dallas will be there......every team gets tickets to it.

:bang:bang

Spurtacus
10-19-2008, 02:41 PM
get rid of the entire staff, garrett included.

No. Garrett is a genius. He has an inept QB this game.

mexicanjunior
10-19-2008, 02:45 PM

Garrett sucks...the whole coaching staff needs to see some pink slips on Monday. If Jerry cares at all about this season, he will hit the reset button and lose his HC, OC and DC...

leemajors
10-19-2008, 02:53 PM
There is no excuse for this defense, the DC is terrible

Findog
10-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Wade shouldn't take all of the blame...but at the same time I don't see any benefit to him being a head coach. He is a yes man. A cheerleader. Not a head coach.

And that will never change as long as the Double J fancies himself as a football man.

leemajors
10-19-2008, 03:08 PM

yeah you're right - the offense has been so good recently

Duff McCartney
10-19-2008, 03:16 PM
From the first day I heard Wade Phillips was the head coach I thought okay. Maybe this could work. I knew his reputation as being a players coach and I thought eh I'm not sure about that. I gave it a chance and I just don't want Phillips to be the coach.

He's just too much fo a players coach. This team doesn't need a coach that's a players coach and their buddy. They need a disciplined team. Parcells...but without the conservative play calling.

Even during training camp when I heard Wade refer to both his camps as Camp Cupcake and Camp Marshmallow...I was like oh hell no. That's not what this team needs.

samikeyp
10-19-2008, 03:28 PM
From the first day I heard Wade Phillips was the head coach I thought okay. Maybe this could work. I knew his reputation as being a players coach and I thought eh I'm not sure about that. I gave it a chance and I just don't want Phillips to be the coach.

He's just too much fo a players coach. This team doesn't need a coach that's a players coach and their buddy. They need a disciplined team. Parcells...but without the conservative play calling.

Even during training camp when I heard Wade refer to both his camps as Camp Cupcake and Camp Marshmallow...I was like oh hell no. That's not what this team needs.

+1

Harry Callahan
10-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Fat boy brings NOTHING to the table. Absolutely NOTHING. I am sick of looking at that crap being rolled out. Stupid penalties. Stupid turnovers. There is nothing being done about mistakes. This ship has no rudder.

The coach is not competent. The DC is not competent. The ST Coordinator is not competent.

A wasted season.

Harry Callahan
10-19-2008, 03:38 PM
By the way. Don't give me anything about Bill Parcells. He quit on this team and there were way too many penalties with those squads as well.

If Wade Phillips resigned today, that would be plus and he can take Stewart and the lousy special teams coach too.

Spurtacus
10-19-2008, 03:52 PM
yeah you're right - the offense has been so good recently

Except for today, it has been. People like you expect them to throw down 30+ every game.

mytespurs
10-19-2008, 04:04 PM

He aint coming to Dallas unless he has total control and that means Jerry Jones has to stay up in the pressbox with his lips zipped.....:lol

Harry Callahan
10-19-2008, 04:12 PM
At least Bill C appears to be interested when he coaches. 60% of this current coaching staff is garbage.

You must have someone that is competent as your backup QB. A 40 year old guy with two years of rust is not what this team needs right now. He can't be trusted to even make a routine play.

This sucks.

leemajors
10-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Except for today, it has been. People like you expect them to throw down 30+ every game.

the offense has been just as sloppy and undisciplined as every other facet of the game, yet Garrett gets a pass?

mytespurs
10-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Does this mean Brooks Bollinger starts next week?

florige
10-19-2008, 07:52 PM

That was one of the reasons the Ravens sucked so bad under Billick the last few seasons. A sportswriter here always refered to Billick's camps as "camp creme puff". He would give them off if it was too hot for goodness sakes.

Flintstones32
10-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Maybe the cowboys can keep losing and the lions get two top 10 draft picks. :lol

still won't help us though. :depressed

pjjrfan
10-19-2008, 08:16 PM
This team has been bad all year. The only solid game was the Green Bay game. The defense has been expolited all year, Brady, Ware and at times Jay Ratliff are the only guys who have been consistent in their play. The last 4 games they have had no sense of urgency, no emotion, and each week it gets worse. Phillips and the special teams coach continue to ignore the liability that the Kick off kicker puts them in. Everytime the cowboys score the kicker gives the opponents good field position by his short kicks. This guy hurt the cowboys this week especially after that first drive, last week the week before hell all year long. And no one does anything about it. At least get pissed off at someone Wade, or ask Jerry for permission to start benching guys.
This group of talented players lack fire and IMO are mentally weak, and in any sport a teams attitude is directly attributed to the coaching staff.

pjjrfan
10-19-2008, 08:20 PM
This guy is also a players coach but he is a coach who inspires his team with his inner fire to win. I would love to see him in Dallas, don't think he would do it, but then again, Dallas, while they are sucking eggs at the moment, is one of the primo franchises in all of sports.

ShoogarBear
10-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Norv will be available after this season. :hungry:

Whisky Dog
10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Fuck that bunch of soft ass pansies. I'm embarrased to be a fan of a team with that much talent that is that soft and undisciplined. Biggest waste in all of sport. Fuck 'em all.

cool hand
10-19-2008, 09:45 PM
He will be fired in 3.............2...............1

Spurtacus
10-19-2008, 10:18 PM
the offense has been just as sloppy and undisciplined as every other facet of the game, yet Garrett gets a pass?

Offensive line. There's the main problem. Cowboys pass protection has been poor this season. It really showed today with an immobile QB taking snaps. Johnson threw three picks and was under fire for most of the game. How can you fault Garrett for Johnson's overthrown passes? Looking past this game, Cowboys offense has been fairly good, but not perfect. Seems to me you believe they need to be perfect for Garrett to "get a pass".

I believe Garrett is the best coach we have on the sidelines. I'm not here to convince you to think otherwise. This is my opinion. You can have your own.

Anti.Hero
10-19-2008, 10:37 PM
If JJ can't get at least one SB within the next 3 years out of this talented team he should step down and sell the team.

:lol

peewee's lovechild
10-20-2008, 08:57 AM
The problem is that Jerry Jones wants waaaaaay too much control over the team.

I'm not saying Wade is a great coach, not by any stretch, but I don't think he's able to coach his team.

Jerry Jones is very much like Al Davis. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else in football.

Having said all that, we're not fit to be a playoff team, much less than a Super Bowl team. Our defense has been a problem since the second or third week. I've ranted about this before.

The offense is not all that better, either. Jason Garrett, Jerry Jones' offensive wunderkid, has been calling some god awful games. Sure, Brad Johnson leaves much to be desired, but the play calling has bee awful since the latter part of last season.

Who are they going to replace Phillips with, Garrett? Just what the hell has he done to prove himself? If we get rid of Phillips, like a lot of you here want, we have to deal with Garrett, and that's not much of an improvement.

Sure, I'd like Bill Cower to be our Head Coach, but that's not going to happen. It never will. Cower can never work with the likes of Jerry Jones. That's why Parcells took off. He was forced to work with that cancer known as Terrell Owens.

Jerry Jones got his way and now just look at this mess.

The season is not over, not by a long shot. But, our team is extremely undisciplined, and it shows. It doesn't matter how much talent we have on our team. Having Jones make excuses for players and coddling them undercuts any type of discipline Phillips is trying to impose on the team, if he's even doing that.

This is just disappointing on so many levels.

Our secondary sucks to high hell. Our Special Teams looks like it's being played by Special Ed students. The Offense is just flat out of synch. And, there appears to be no leadership at all.

This team needs discipline and focus, and I'm not sure they're going to be getting any of that any time soon.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-20-2008, 09:24 AM

I'm not saying Wade is a great coach, not by any stretch, but I don't think he's able to coach his team.

Jerry Jones is very much like Al Davis. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else in football.

Having said all that, we're not fit to be a playoff team, much less than a Super Bowl team. Our defense has been a problem since the second or third week. I've ranted about this before.

The offense is not all that better, either. Jason Garrett, Jerry Jones' offensive wunderkid, has been calling some god awful games. Sure, Brad Johnson leaves much to be desired, but the play calling has bee awful since the latter part of last season.

Who are they going to replace Phillips with, Garrett? Just what the hell has he done to prove himself? If we get rid of Phillips, like a lot of you here want, we have to deal with Garrett, and that's not much of an improvement.

Sure, I'd like Bill Cower to be our Head Coach, but that's not going to happen. It never will. Cower can never work with the likes of Jerry Jones. That's why Parcells took off. He was forced to work with that cancer known as Terrell Owens.

The season is not over, not by a long shot. But, our team is extremely undisciplined, and it shows. It doesn't matter how much talent we have on our team. Having Jones make excuses for players and coddling them undercuts any type of discipline Phillips is trying to impose on the team, if he's even doing that.

This is just disappointing on so many levels.

Our secondary sucks to high hell. Our Special Teams looks like it's being played by Special Ed students. The Offense is just flat out of synch. And, there appears to be no leadership at all.

This team needs discipline and focus, and I'm not sure they're going to be getting any of that any time soon.

I have heard several idiotic dumbass cowboy fans say they would take a great O and an average D over a Great D and average O. Fucking dumbass twats.

I would KILL to have the Titans D and I will take an average O for that type of D anyday of the week and twice on sunday.
One thing that pisses me off more than anything is bad D. The fact that this team has no heart and is mentally and physically soft is sad.

The entire team should be ashamed and embarrassed of themselves for disgracing those jerseys they put on. The coaching staff is just as much to blame.

As for this Sundays game, Tampa wins 34-10(a td will be scored in garbage time) come Sunday. Antonio Bryant and Galloway will look like the 2nd coming of Randy Moss/Chris Carter against our pussy D.

tlongII
10-20-2008, 09:59 AM
If Jerry Jones would suck it up and hire Cowher you guys would be fine. I doubt that will happen though.

florige
10-20-2008, 10:11 AM
I have heard several idiotic dumbass cowboy fans say they would take a great O and an average D over a Great D and average O. Fucking dumbass twats.

I would KILL to have the Titans D and I will take an average O for that type of D anyday of the week and twice on sunday.
One thing that pisses me off more than anything is bad D. The fact that this team has no heart and is mentally and physically soft is sad.

The entire team should be ashamed and embarrassed of themselves for disgracing those jerseys they put on. The coaching staff is just as much to blame.

As for this Sundays game, Tampa wins 34-10(a td will be scored in garbage time) come Sunday. Antonio Bryant and Galloway will look like the 2nd coming of Randy Moss/Chris Carter against our pussy D.

:lmao We (Ravens) have had that for years and all we have gotten out of the deal is one championship. Be careful what you wish for....

florige
10-20-2008, 10:12 AM
If Jerry Jones would suck it up and hire Cowher you guys would be fine. I doubt that will happen though.

I doubt Cowher would come on JJ terms. He wants too much control like PW said.

ATRAIN
10-20-2008, 10:19 AM

He just needs to let it go and let the coach's run the team. He drove Johnson away and Tuna away. Im not a cowboys fan but I see that Jones is the cancer of this team. Oh yeah and Romo isnt your answer, you guys need another QB if you want to win the big game.

leemajors
10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
this would be a great time for D. Ware to step up and get in everyone's faces, i hope he has that in him. It also seems the league figured Garrett's schemes out, as peewee said, in the last half of last season and he hasn't done anything to adjust. Maybe when Kosier comes back they look better, but you should never get sacked on three man rushes.

mytespurs
10-20-2008, 11:24 AM

For that to happen, JJ would have to let Cowher do his thing and sit quietly in the background. :hat Can't see that happening any time soon......

Bigzax
10-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Give Wade a Raise!

http://www.extremeskins.com/images/smilies/cheers.gif

Taco
10-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Give Wade a Raise!

http://www.extremeskins.com/images/smilies/cheers.gif

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/573/wadeunemploymentvh4.jpg

Fixed

2centsworth
10-20-2008, 12:30 PM
First thing I would do is Trade the cancer that is "The Player". Ever since he caused a stink about not getting the ball it's been all downhill from there.

As far as Phillips, Jerry is an impossible guy to work for.

I still have confidence this team can turn it around.

T Park
10-20-2008, 01:11 PM
TO is FARRRR from the problem....

Taco
10-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I Just Heard A "rumor" On Talkin COWBOYS Ticket 760 A Caller Called In And Gave The Name Of The Source Saying The Cowboys Are Making A Run At Bill Cowher. Like I Said Just A Rumor So Far.............

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-20-2008, 03:26 PM
I Just Heard A "rumor" On Talkin COWBOYS Ticket 760 A Caller Called In And Gave The Name Of The Source Saying The Cowboys Are Making A Run At Bill Cowher. Like I Said Just A Rumor So Far.............

Funny, I've heard that same rumor here in Detroit for the past two seasons.

to21
10-20-2008, 04:02 PM
What ever happen to this?

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/17/dolphins-interested-in-ty-law/
In the wake of a few signs of weakness from the Dolphins' secondary, including the need to manage cornerback Will Allen's knee injury, Miami has shown a preliminary interest in Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law, a source said Thursday.

However, in an interview with NFL.com on Thursday, Law, a free agent, sounded as if the would prefer to play for either Dallas or Green Bay if one of the teams was interested in him. Dallas has an opening in their defensive backfield due to Pacman Jones' (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/tag/PacmanJones/) suspension and injuries to Terence Newman. Green Bay lost cornerback Al Harris (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/tag/AlHarris/) for the season. Both likely would have a better shot at getting to the postseason -- or at least the Super Bowl -- than the Dolphins.

10-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Al Harris has not been IRed and the Packers are hoping he can come back in WK 9.

peewee's lovechild
10-20-2008, 04:20 PM

It's never going to happen.

That stupid son of a bitch thinks it's all about him and that he can do a better job than any other coach out there.

I would like nothing more than to see Cowher coach this team, but that just isn't going to happen.

Fucking Jason Garrett.

peewee's lovechild
10-20-2008, 04:25 PM
TO is FARRRR from the problem....

His attitude permiates the locker room.

He is a cancer. We need to get rid of him.

I'm not blaming everything on him, and I understand that he has great talent, but he just a great big shining example of how a team gets demoralized.

Forcing throws his way just to make him happy has made this offense completely out of synch.

There's just no more upside to having him around.

peewee's lovechild
10-20-2008, 04:26 PM

They can make a run at him all they want, but he's never going to come here as long as Jones is calling the shots.

jack sommerset
10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Nothing wrong with Wade. They are 4-3. Romo is out. If they continue to lose you can point finger at Jones. Freaken Brad Johnson is the back up. All that money you spent and you have a 40 year old that can't throw the ball more than 7 yards past the line of scrimmage. How idiotic!

10-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Forcing throws his way just to make him happy has made this offense completely out of synch.

In the last three weeks, he's behind these guys in number of looks/targets:

Bobby Wade, Greg Camarillo, Derrick Mason, Lance Moore, Antwan Randle El, Bobby Engram, Marty Booker, and Rashied Davis.

They aren't forcing anything to TO.

Obstructed_View
10-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Bill Cowher wouldn't work for Jerry Jones. Jerry hires guys like Campo, Gailey and Wade so he can control them. I'm shocked he hired Parcells and more shocked that he lasted as long as he did.

mexicanjunior
10-20-2008, 05:22 PM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/573/wadeunemploymentvh4.jpg

Fixed

Add Bruce Read and it will be complete...

Harry Callahan
10-20-2008, 05:33 PM
The problem with this team is defense, not offense. Every time a stop needs to be made, it doesn't happen.

That was the case before Phillips got here, with Parcells. It has gotten worse with Stewart and Phillips (who is the defensive coordinator, by the way).

If Jones can attract Bill Parcells, he can attract another high profile guy. Wade P just doesn't inspire anyone. Just a guy. He can't coach these guys up.

TheSanityAnnex
10-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Ted Cottrell for Phillips

Sincerely,

All of San Diego

K-State Spur
10-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Here's what I want to know:

What is up with Phillips rocking the chest hair at the press conference this afternoon?

Bigzax
10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
cuz thaz how wade rollz!

benefactor
10-20-2008, 08:19 PM
And that will never change as long as the Double J fancies himself as a football man.
QFT...the underlying problem is Jones. Until he either sells the team or brings in some kind of real middle management this team will not see real success. He will be just like Al Davis and destroy this team slowly until it fades into obscurity.

Exit America's Team...enter America's Doormat.

Obstructed_View
10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
QFT...the underlying problem is Jones. Until he either sells the team or brings in some kind of real middle management this team will not see real success. He will be just like Al Davis and destroy this team slowly until it fades into obscurity.

Exit America's Team...enter America's Doormat.

Yeah, those three super bowls were a huge failure. It's not like the team doesn't have talent. The Giants were about as bad last year at this time and the Cowboys were undefeated.

benefactor
10-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah, those three super bowls were a huge failure. It's not like the team doesn't have talent. The Giants were about as bad last year at this time and the Cowboys were undefeated.
Three words...salary cap era.

This team has deteriorated since the Johnson firing...leaving the Cowboys swimming in mediocrity. What have they done since the new millennium? A rather pedestrian 66-68 and an 0-3 playoff record. They have only had double digit wins in a season twice in the last 8 years. Jones is sucking the life out of this team. He will not hire a coach that will challenge anything he says or wants to do...which is vintage Al Davis. Get ready to feel the pain of a Raiders fan.

mexicanjunior
10-21-2008, 11:14 AM
The Giants were about as bad last year at this time and the Cowboys were undefeated.

I hear this statement alot...there is nothing in what the Cowboys are doing now that remotely resembles how the Giants were playing last year. The Giants defense, even in losses was playing very well and was not nearly as out of synch as the Cowboys are now...

peewee's lovechild
10-21-2008, 11:32 AM
I hear this statement alot...there is nothing in what the Cowboys are doing now that remotely resembles how the Giants were playing last year. The Giants defense, even in losses was playing very well and was not nearly as out of synch as the Cowboys are now...

I hate to say it, but there's no reason to be optimistic.

We've got games against Tampa, New York, and Washington coming up. Our offense is out of synch and these teams have been playing well. After that we've got San Francisco and Seattle, probable wins, but then we finish up with Pittsburg, New York, Baltimore, and Philadelphia. Those are 4 top tier defenses that we're going to be facing.

That's not to mention, with the exception of Seattle and possibly Balitmore, that the offenses we will be facing have been extremely productive.

I still believe in my team, but that is a brutal schedule coming up. Realistically, unless we see major improvement on defense and our offense gets back on track, it will be difficult to make it to the playoffs.

BacktoBasics
10-21-2008, 11:52 AM
I do believe the problem is on the defensive end of things. They can't stop the run and they can't control the deep ball....hell they can't control the mid-range passing game either. Holes in the zone, shitty man coverage and poor defensive playcalling. All they got is a decent rush because of Ware who is quickly becoming a stat machine vs. an actual difference maker. If he becomes as one sided as Roy did this team is screwed.

TO is a distraction because the media wants him to be one. Crayton has mouthed off just as much if not more than TO this year and we've heard next to nothing about it. His persona and reputation have preceded him in every facate of his life.

samikeyp
10-21-2008, 11:52 AM
They can make a run at him all they want, but he's never going to come here as long as Jones is calling the shots.

Bingo.

I thought JJ had figured that out when he hired Parcells but that didn't last. Unless Jerrah is willing to step back and let the coach be the coach (like he did when he hired Johnson) then the Cowboys will not win the SB. They can achieve regular season success, like last year, but that will be it. What he should do is throw a ton of money at Cowher and let him run the football side of things. What he will do is fire Wade, bring in Garrett....lather, rinse, repeat. :bang

BacktoBasics
10-21-2008, 11:57 AM
I haven't given up on Garrett. With dicipline and a strong head coach who brings a decent supporting cast I think Garrett has some insight and fire to bring to the table. Garrett as a head coach is a joke.

10-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Bingo.

What he should do is throw a ton of money at Cowher and let him run the football side of things.

There will be a few teams ready to throw a boatload of cash Cowher's way.

One of them might be the good ol' Lions, which, in any capacity, is considered one of the cushiest jobs in the entire NFL.

samikeyp
10-21-2008, 12:33 PM
There will be a few teams ready to throw a boatload of cash Cowher's way.

One of them might be the good ol' Lions, which, in any capacity, is considered one of the cushiest jobs in the entire NFL.

Very true. Cowher will basically be able to name his price.

peewee's lovechild
10-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I haven't given up on Garrett. With dicipline and a strong head coach who brings a decent supporting cast I think Garrett has some insight and fire to bring to the table. Garrett as a head coach is a joke.

What has he done since the latter part of last season until now to warrant this??

His play calling has been lousy.

Truthfully, I'd rather have Lane Kiffin as an Offensive Coordinator.

But, whatever, JJ has a hard on for him and will make him into the next HC . . . and our woes will continue.

Fuck them all I'm fucking pissed!!

DBryant88
10-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Its not Wade. Its Jerry Bleeping Jones

T Park
10-21-2008, 02:32 PM
^^ Yes it is.

Until Jerry Jones realizes hes not an NFL genius or GM, the team will suffer.

BacktoBasics
10-21-2008, 03:15 PM
What has he done since the latter part of last season until now to warrant this??

His play calling has been lousy.

Truthfully, I'd rather have Lane Kiffin as an Offensive Coordinator.

But, whatever, JJ has a hard on for him and will make him into the next HC . . . and our woes will continue.

Fuck them all I'm fucking pissed!!I agree. What I saw last season we're some things worth building on. At this point and as far as this season has gone he hasn't shown me shit. Which is why I said I hadn't given up just yet.

ShoogarBear
10-21-2008, 10:08 PM
For some reason, it isn't nearly as fun watching Cowboy Fan melt down halfway through the season as it is watching him do it during the first game of the playoffs. :(

10-21-2008, 10:11 PM
For some reason, it isn't nearly as fun watching Cowboy Fan melt down halfway through the season as it is watching him do it during the first game of the playoffs. :(

Don't lie.

And Romo has already stated that he's out for the TB game.

http://www.bradjohnson14.com/profile/images/Milk.jpg

bostonguy
10-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Romo sitting out the Tampa game? There has to be more to this injury than just a fractured pinkie. The Cowboys are falling apart and are in desperate need of any kind of spark. I know Romo just wouldnt say "My pinkie is why I cant play in an end all be all type of game". If there truly isnt more to this injury than what it is now, then it's a damn shame.

Bigzax
10-22-2008, 12:19 AM

hell with da fans, i'm loving the team meltdown...i hope it's long and drawn out...pull your finger nails off with pliers kinda shit...:wakeup

Hank the Tank
10-22-2008, 12:36 AM
if romo misses the TB game and the NYG i wonder if the cowboys will make the playoffs.

especially with a brutal schedule...except those nfc west teams. those should be 4 easy wins but so far...0-2 against em.

Obstructed_View
10-22-2008, 01:59 AM
if romo misses the TB game and the NYG i wonder if the cowboys will make the playoffs.

especially with a brutal schedule...except those nfc west teams. those should be 4 easy wins but so far...0-2 against em.

If they give a half an effort like they did against the Rams again this year, they won't have a chance to make the playoffs, especially in this division. The team I saw in St Louis didn't look like a team with any pride at all.

Horry For 3!
10-22-2008, 02:12 AM
Brian Stewart must be the first to go.

Whisky Dog
10-22-2008, 02:21 AM
The Cowboys have suffered since Jimmy's team dissolved because of Jerry Jones. I have no doubt that Jerry wants to win very badly, but his huge successes in business have his ego so inflated that 13 years of failure has yet to prove to him that he isn't a football mind. A business guru, yes...but never a football mind. It's the classic case with very smart people, they just can't see themselves not having the answer and having to listen and defer to people they dont think are as smart as them. This thinking has the huge classic flaw that has crippled the Cowboys - specialization. My car mechanic is probably not as smart as me, but he has specialized talent and knows how to fix my car far better than I ever could. A real football coach/GM might not be a smart businessman like Jerry, but they sure as hell can build and run a football team a lot better.

The proof is all there - the two times Jerry had real football people running the team they were successful and winning, but he ran them both off. First Jimmy then he ran off Bill by shoving TO down his throat.

BacktoBasics
10-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Bill was a shitty coach. Refused to aknowledge up and coming talent if it wasn't on the defensive end of things. Ran a restricted offensive and a shitty blocking game. I can't stand him. He's best when he's in the capacity he's in right now in Miami.

Dr. Gonzo
10-22-2008, 09:23 AM
hell with da fans, i'm loving the team meltdown...i hope it's long and drawn out...pull your finger nails off with pliers kinda shit...:wakeup

:tu

DBryant88
10-22-2008, 11:59 AM
If Jerry Jones would fire himself as GM then we could get a real Gm to pick up players who have chemistry instead of talent

peewee's lovechild
10-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Bill was a shitty coach. Refused to aknowledge up and coming talent if it wasn't on the defensive end of things. Ran a restricted offensive and a shitty blocking game. I can't stand him. He's best when he's in the capacity he's in right now in Miami.

He picked up Tony Romo. He drafted Jason Witten. He drafted Marion Barber.

I'd say those were pretty damn good picks.

Now, compare that to what Jones picked prior to Parcells.

Anyone remember Dave LaFleur?

Bill was a damn good coach. And, he was one fumbled snap away from giving the Cowboys their first playoff win in billions of years.

I will agree, however, that he ran a restricted offense. But, they opened up the offense like crazy after he left and what has that done for us??

samikeyp
10-23-2008, 10:45 AM

Bill was a damn good coach. And, he was one fumbled snap away from giving the Cowboys their first playoff win in billions of years.

I will agree, however, that he ran a restricted offense. But, they opened up the offense like crazy after he left and what has that done for us??

Troy Aikman's first and last try as GM.

BacktoBasics
10-23-2008, 01:34 PM

I will agree, however, that he ran a restricted offense. But, they opened up the offense like crazy after he left and what has that done for us??I just don't like the guy as a coach and thats not a nod for the positive for the current crop either.

The offense was pretty successful in large spurts last year. They've just completely failed to grown from that.

stretch
10-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Bill was a damn good coach.

I agree he's a good coach, and great at building teams and finding talent. But his play calling can be very suspect at times, and he needs to sometimes just let his team play more loosely on offense (as you had already sort of stated).

peewee's lovechild
10-23-2008, 04:22 PM
I agree he's a good coach, and great at building teams and finding talent. But his play calling can be very suspect at times, and he needs to sometimes just let his team play more loosely on offense (as you had already sort of stated).

I agree with that.

10-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Lil' Wayne's take:

You know what I want to talk about? Why is everyone in the NFL getting injured this year? Seriously injured. You got Rodney Harrison gone. You got Tom Brady done. How does that happen on the same team? That's just devastating. And now Tony Romo's out? Come on. What is going on?

Poor Dallas. And poor T.O. He's gonna quit. He takes a loss differently than anyone on that team. I think he has nightmares about losing or something, because he looks like he's about to cry after every game they lose. You see him over there on the sidelines sitting by himself just pouting like a little kid. Remember last year? "That's my quarterback, man." I love when any sports channel just brings that clip back for no reason. They always bring it back for nothing, just out of the blue "That's my quarterback, man." T.O. is an amazing talent but he's definitely a situation. But that's another difference between the old days and now. Back then there's no way you play football and then go cry on TV.

It ain't Brad Johnson's fault. Everything is falling apart. I think Brad came into a bad situation. To tell you the truth I think the team sucks. I think everybody is playing terribly right now in Dallas. Or at least they're not playing to the potential that we know they can play to. I don't think it's all on Brad Johnson even though he was terrible too.

samikeyp
10-23-2008, 05:43 PM
You know what I want to talk about? Why is everyone in the NFL getting injured this year? Seriously injured. You got Rodney Harrison gone. You got Tom Brady done. How does that happen on the same team? That's just devastating. And now Tony Romo's out? Come on. What is going on?

Poor Dallas. And poor T.O. He's gonna quit. He takes a loss differently than anyone on that team. I think he has nightmares about losing or something, because he looks like he's about to cry after every game they lose. You see him over there on the sidelines sitting by himself just pouting like a little kid. Remember last year? "That's my quarterback, man." I love when any sports channel just brings that clip back for no reason. They always bring it back for nothing, just out of the blue "That's my quarterback, man." T.O. is an amazing talent but he's definitely a situation. But that's another difference between the old days and now. Back then there's no way you play football and then go cry on TV.

It ain't Brad Johnson's fault. Everything is falling apart. I think Brad came into a bad situation. To tell you the truth I think the team sucks. I think everybody is playing terribly right now in Dallas. Or at least they're not playing to the potential that we know they can play to. I don't think it's all on Brad Johnson even though he was terrible too.

+1

Reggie Miller
10-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Dallas has two problems:

1) Jerry Jones is basically Al Davis Lite; and
2) Wade Phillips is not in control of the team.

Even though you won't see any real organizational change while Jones owns the team, it doesn't change the fact that Phillips cannot get this team to execute, period.

10-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Ahh, things are getting a little testy, eh CowboyFan?

GNfrWWP3mfs

ShoogarBear
10-24-2008, 12:45 AM
:lol I didn't know peewee went to the St. Louis game.

DBryant88
10-24-2008, 06:16 AM
Ahh, things are getting a little testy, eh CowboyFan?

GNfrWWP3mfs

And how many games have the Lions won this year ???:lol

10-24-2008, 01:51 PM
And how many games have the Lions won this year ???:lol

Same number of games the Cowboys will play in the playoffs?

Same number of games the Cowboys will win in the playoffs?

You decide.

peewee's lovechild
10-24-2008, 04:02 PM
:lol I didn't know peewee went to the St. Louis game.

I would've sounded just like that.

Reggie Miller
10-25-2008, 08:15 PM
I am impressed that the dude ranted for over a minute without cursing. I know I couldn't do it...

The irate fan actually stole some of my flavor from after the Colts' loss to the Packers.

possessed
10-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Its not Wade. Its Jerry Bleeping Jones

Al Davis jr.

As a Raider fan, you Cowboys fans have my deepest sympathy.

Well... Not really. :toast

monosylab1k
10-26-2008, 12:14 AM
One man, and one man alone was responsible for the Cowboys' success in the 90's

http://api.ning.com/files/D0d38rixjLevprAvweICmcGKCo7vRCzwb0yZuEoLFz87pRZUX3 jQAUDnuZ8kBReOLQSDePBw4gyGLJwV8mcgraFU7LJFPxW8/JimmyJohnson.jpg

If it wasn't for Jimmy, Jerry Jones would be considered Daniel Snyder & Mark Cuban's satanic love child.

monosylab1k
10-26-2008, 12:18 AM

:tu and you forgot DeMarcus Ware, the only decent defensive player the Cowboys have right now. Parcells also gave Scott Fujita a shot, who is kicking the shit out of people in New Orleans now. Too bad he let Payton take him.

Bill gets a lot of shit in Dallas for the Barbie Carpenter pick, along with the Jacob Rogers/Steven Peterman disasters, but he whipped the Cowboys into great shape and now Jerry is letting it all go to shit again.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2008, 01:07 AM
One man, and one man alone was responsible for the Cowboys' success in the 90's
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/herschelwalker.jpg

Couldn't resist.

Spurtacus
10-26-2008, 01:18 AM
:tu and you forgot DeMarcus Ware, the only decent defensive player the Cowboys have right now. Parcells also gave Scott Fujita a shot, who is kicking the shit out of people in New Orleans now. Too bad he let Payton take him.

Bill gets a lot of shit in Dallas for the Barbie Carpenter pick, along with the Jacob Rogers/Steven Peterman disasters, but he whipped the Cowboys into great shape and now Jerry is letting it all go to shit again.

:tu

Spurtacus
10-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Looking forward to more Wade Phillips fuckups today...

Obstructed_View
10-26-2008, 02:00 AM
I heard that he's taken over the defense, so we'll see if he's any good.

monosylab1k
10-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Couldn't resist.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2008, 10:40 AM
The Cowboys could have gotten more if they had packaged him as Herschel And His Friends.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2008, 03:10 PM
The Cowboys could have gotten more if they had packaged him as Herschel And His Friends.

Of course, maybe the Vikings thought they were getting more than one guy.

jack sommerset
10-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Wade should always call the defensive plays

kskonn
10-26-2008, 04:16 PM
I heard that he's taken over the defense, so we'll see if he's any good.

If he did in fact call the plays then he should call them the rest of the year, the defense stepped up in a big way today, best they have played all year, maybe in two years.

IronMexican
10-26-2008, 09:37 PM
He looked like a dumbass out there being so rah-rah. I would want a coach who doesn't get so excited after a play.

Spurtacus
10-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Wade did a nice job yesterday. Giants have a better offense.

Obstructed_View
10-27-2008, 10:44 PM
If he did in fact call the plays then he should call them the rest of the year, the defense stepped up in a big way today, best they have played all year, maybe in two years.

I'm just impressed that they played the whole game, and that the corners didn't play fifteen yards off every stinkin' snap for a change. I think these two young corners that played are better than anyone else on the roster, too.

After watching the Giants against the Browns and Steelers, I see no reason why the Cowboys can't go in there and push them around on both sides of the ball. If Jason Garrett realizes that they can run TO across the field rather than down it to get him open it could be a long day for the Giants.

And Danny White made a great catch in the end zone.