PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning Iphone...

Ronaldo McDonald
10-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Okay, so I've got someone I know and we both use the same itunes library for our I phones . . . thing is he wants certain songs on his and I want certain songs on mine. . . can I somehow create my own library and his own library on the same Itunes, so that I don't have to keep unchecking and cheking certain songs when we both want to change some of the music on our iphones?

Right now, the issue is we both use the same library, and it's annoying as hell to have to uncheck all of the songs he has when I want to sync songs for my own library.

Can anyone help me out.

DannyT
10-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Mr. Jobs tech support forum

DannyT
10-19-2008, 01:52 PM
at the bottom make two different play lists. One for you and for her.

exstatic
10-19-2008, 02:30 PM
at the bottom make two different play lists. One for you and for her.

+1
Turn off automatic synchronization when the iPhone is connected.

When your phone is connected, go to the Music tab on top of the big iPhone area, and check sync music, with the option selected playlists and then select the playlist or playlists you want to sync to the iPhone. There is a sync button on the lower right of the big iPhone page. Press it.

This applies for each user and iPhone. It's a bit of a pain, but the only way to share a library between two devices.

DannyT
10-19-2008, 02:35 PM
and just on a side note..all the music for each of my play list has its own folders...its makes it easier to update itunes that way....for me anyway

Ronaldo McDonald
10-19-2008, 02:49 PM
+1
Turn off automatic synchronization when the iPhone is connected.

When your phone is connected, go to the Music tab on top of the big iPhone area, and check sync music, with the option selected playlists and then select the playlist or playlists you want to sync to the iPhone. There is a sync button on the lower right of the big iPhone page. Press it.

This applies for each user and iPhone. It's a bit of a pain, but the only way to share a library between two devices.

thanks.

:toast

exstatic
10-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Another suggestion to keep the peace: each playlist should be pre-pended with one of your names. The other is allowed to use/sync but not alter that playlist.