PDA

View Full Version : O.K., NOW It's Time ...

Longhorn E
10-05-2003, 01:20 PM
feedback.woai.com/ubb/ult...9;t=009991 (http://feedback.woai.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=009991)

scott
10-05-2003, 01:23 PM
I'm glad you rely on some stranger on the radio to make all your decisions for you.

Longhorn E
10-05-2003, 02:14 PM
Well, what do you know ...
We've got THE ALL-TIME PERENNIAL,UNANIMOUSLY SELECTED, ALL AMERICAN "SHIT-FOR BRAINS" in the house !!!!!
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/joker.gif

MissAllThat
10-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Longhorn, are you jumping off the Chance Mock bandwagon that you created for yourself? Come on, if you're gonna be on a bandwagon, stay on it. Besides, the Vince Young wagon is full at the moment, and I know you still love Chance (or well you should after all the bragging you were doing about him being great after the wins against cheap teams).

Longhorn E
10-05-2003, 04:03 PM
I'm NOT jumping off of any bandwagon !!!
It's people like you that "Create" your so-called "Band Wagons", and by that I mean, people who NEVER played the game, and fail to understand the certain little intricacies that go with developing a successful football program, be it professional, collegiate or at the high school level !
I still beleive in what Coach MBrown is attempting to accomplish with the Longhorn Football program, and how he is handling the QB situation.
There are going to be certain times when one QB will be better situated to succeed against some defenses, and then the other QB will be better off against other defenses !
This analysis comes from watching endless footage of game film, and determining which QB will be best for which ever defense the opp is using to successfully defend your offensive gameplan !!!
And, if you, and whomever else labels me as a band wagonner, remember, I said that there WILL come a time where VYoung will be inserted into the starting line-up, but that he shouldn't be "Thrown Into The Deep End" too early !!!!
By the same token, I also beleive that "The Starter" is so over-rated, as what really counts is who is in the game when the game is on the line, or at the end of a closely contested contest, such as was the case yesterday !!!

MissAllThat
10-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Longhorn, you're the one that started the thread calling out all the Mock bashers, and now you too want Vince to start. It's kinda funny how things work out. That's all I'm saying. If you're gonna call other people out for not wanting Mock to start, then you should stick by your decision that he should be the starter.

Rabel 13
10-05-2003, 07:26 PM
How many national champion programs in the past 20 years have roatated quarterbacks on a regular basis?

Patrick Davis
10-08-2003, 10:43 PM
I haven't been around for a few weeks, and i can't read the woai board. But the way this thread looks. I would just like to say. Told ya so.

Longhorn E
10-09-2003, 08:56 PM
And, if you remember, (as well as you claim you do) you will also remember that I said that VYoung's time will come, it's just that I have to take issue with people that criticize these young men for competing to the best of their God-Given abilities, and the ones that are doing the majority of the criticizing happen to be the same ones that have NEVER EVEN played the sport !!!!
These young men are where they are for a reason, and that reason is that they excell at this sport of football, be it whatever position they play, and when the time comes for a certain individual to play more, at their positions, then so be it !!!
VYoung has his whole athletic life ahead of himself, so just let the cards fall where they may !!!!
CMock is an excellent QB, and I'm sure that there are several schools that would give their right nut to have him on their team, so when he's in the game, all I'm asking is that THE TRUE TEXAS LONGHORN FANS support him 100 % !!!
I'm not on either QB's "Band Wagon", as someone suggested earlier ...
I AM ON THE TEXAS LONGHORN BAND WAGON !!!!!

Patrick Davis
10-10-2003, 12:31 PM
I can't support Mock when he's in the game, He's a sports icon playing qb for a big school. Once you become a sports icon, you aren't jusged by just your personality anymore, its your ability to succede and win. He can't win, UT looks pathetic with Mock running the show. If I met him on the street, I probably would like the guy. But when he steps onto the field in my team's jersey, he better win, and he can't.

SAmikeyp
10-10-2003, 01:45 PM
LonghornE,

True Longhorn fans support the team 100% regardless of who starts at QB.

Patrick is not dissing the Horns, he just feels better with VY in the game but I am pretty sure that he feels as most of us do...as long as UT wins...we don't care who is at QB.

Longhorn E
10-11-2003, 11:34 AM
He can't win, UT looks pathetic with Mock running the show ...
That's why THE UNIVERSITY of TEXAS LONGHORNS are 4-1 with him as their QB, right ?!?!?!??!

Patrick Davis
10-11-2003, 01:25 PM
He beat New Mexico St., Rice and Tulane. Young beat K State, and you know it. Mock beat crap teams. Mock Sucks, he shouldn't play.

Longhorn E
10-11-2003, 02:15 PM
O.K., so if, by your standards, CMock hadn't played last week against K.S.U., there wouldn't have been that 50+ yard completion to SThomas for that TD, and the final score would have been 20-17, K.S.U., and that TD on that QB sneak at the 5:19 mark of the final quarter would've only brought the 'Horns to within 3 points, Huh ?!?!?!?!
So, Mock sucks, and he shouldn't play !!!
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/joker.gif

Patrick Davis
10-11-2003, 04:35 PM
one pass in all his series, wonderful job. We would have won by a larger margine without mock.

MissAllThat
10-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Longhorn, if Chance hadn't played last week, then Vince woulda played all game, and they probably would have won by more. You can't just assume that just because Chance didn't play, nothing would have happened in the extra time Vince would have been in there. It would have been a totally different game.