PDA

View Full Version : Obama chose not to accept public funding breaking his word again

ducks
10-19-2008, 09:03 PM
By bringing in at least $150 million in September, Obama more than doubled the $66 million he raised in August, which had been a record. McCain has accepted public financing and is limited to spending $84 million for the entire campaign.

Unlike McCain, Obama chose not to accept public funding for his campaign, freeing him to raise millions privately.

The Obama campaign said it had 632,000 new donors in September to bring its total to 3.1 million. It said the average donation for the month was less than $100.

McCain again chided Obama for not living up to his pledge to accept public funds and warned of the damages of unlimited spending.

"I'm saying that history shows us where unlimited amounts of money are in political campaigns, it leads to scandal," he said. When asked whether Obama was buying the election as his campaign spokesman claimed, McCain said, "I think you could make that argument."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081019/pl_nm/us_usa_politics

Clandestino
10-19-2008, 09:05 PM
nigga bought the election.

George Gervin's Afro
10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
nigga bought the election.

"off with his head!"

ElNono
10-19-2008, 09:07 PM
http://www.tanbot.com/wp-content/uploads/tanbot/2008/02/crying-baby.jpg

Nbadan
10-19-2008, 09:07 PM
So because it's a winning strategy that's bad? Dubya spent more money than any other candidate in history in 04, was that bad? What about all the private money from T. Boone Pickens (financeer of the Swift boat vets) and other billionaires that air ads supporting McSame?

Clandestino
10-19-2008, 09:13 PM
i pretty much think the economy(even though not the fault of republicans) may doom mccain... if so, you fuckers remember that obama will not do shit as president that he has promised. he'll say anything and throw you to the curb the second it becomes convenient.

ElNono
10-19-2008, 09:16 PM
i pretty much think the economy(even though not the fault of republicans) may doom mccain... if so, you fuckers remember that obama will not do shit as president that he has promised. he'll say anything and throw you to the curb the second it becomes convenient.

Nobody claimed otherwise, I don't think.

George Gervin's Afro
10-19-2008, 09:18 PM

you mean politicians lie during an election cycle?

Nbadan
10-19-2008, 09:20 PM

Yep, Obama may not get everything he wants, but at least the country will be headed in the right direction again...

Clandestino
10-19-2008, 09:22 PM

difference is obama was supposed to be your messiah.. and was not the "normal politician."

the one thing i tell folks when they complain about obama is most likely nothing will change after even if obama wins. it will always be politics as usual.. except we have a black man and other countries won't want to meet with him.

JohnnyMarzetti
10-19-2008, 09:25 PM
You cons sure are becoming more whiners than you normally are. Take your beating and stop crying about it. McLame made a stupid decision to accept public funding and then followed it up by making another stupid decision in picking palin for his vp.

cool hand
10-19-2008, 09:26 PM
By bringing in at least $150 million in September, Obama more than doubled the $66 million he raised in August, which had been a record. McCain has accepted public financing and is limited to spending $84 million for the entire campaign.

Unlike McCain, Obama chose not to accept public funding for his campaign, freeing him to raise millions privately.

The Obama campaign said it had 632,000 new donors in September to bring its total to 3.1 million. It said the average donation for the month was less than $100.

McCain again chided Obama for not living up to his pledge to accept public funds and warned of the damages of unlimited spending.

"I'm saying that history shows us where unlimited amounts of money are in political campaigns, it leads to scandal," he said. When asked whether Obama was buying the election as his campaign spokesman claimed, McCain said, "I think you could make that argument."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081019/pl_nm/us_usa_politics

haven't we heard this shit before?

fuckers had 6years under bush to change the laws....go fuck your self.:whine

ElNono
10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
difference is obama was supposed to be your messiah.. and was not the "normal politician."

the one thing i tell folks when they complain about obama is most likely nothing will change after even if obama wins. it will always be politics as usual.. except we have a black man and other countries won't want to meet with him.

I actually think, now that you brought foreign affairs, that that's one area we would definitely improve with Obama on board. It really isn't that hard to do better than Bush in that department, and honestly, your pulling the race card as far as foreign countries go certainly shows you have no idea what you're talking about...

exstatic
10-19-2008, 09:55 PM
:lol
McCain accepted public money because he HAD to. His fundraising was for shit. There was nothing noble about it. He was desperate for cash. That was the FIRST time that Obama kicked his ass.

Mr. Peabody
10-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Didn't this happen in May? Where have you been?

ducks
10-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Yep, Obama may not get everything he wants, but at least the country will be headed in the right direction again...

you have a crystal ball and can see the furture?

you confident obama can get his agende passed congress ?

Spurminator
10-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Well we know he won't get McCain's agenda thru Congress....

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Leave it to ducks to hit these talking points at the height of their effectiveness.

boutons_
10-20-2008, 05:57 AM
McNasty snookered again, blowing yet another "3 AM" call with a bad decision.

McBottomGun is and has been a loser his entire life.