PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Spurs' Thomas Glad To Escape Bicycle

duncan228
10-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Spurs' Thomas glad to escape bicycle (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Thomas_glad_to_escape_bicycle.html)
By Jeff McDonald

Spurs center Kurt Thomas has played in two preseason games after beginning the season on the team's unofficial injured list with a strained hamstring.

One thing Thomas can tell you: Playing basketball is not like riding a bike.

“It was definitely good to get back, run up and down with my teammates and get away from that bike,” Thomas said, referring to the stationary bicycle he was attached to for the first two weeks of camp. “It was good to be back out on the floor, versus the bike-a-thon.”

Thomas enjoyed his most extended action of the preseason in Saturday's 106-98 victory over Indiana, starting at center and logging 17 minutes and 34 seconds. He scored six points and grabbed six rebounds.

The most encouraging thing for Thomas in his quest to regain his playing legs was that all three of his field goals came on jump shots of at least 13 feet.

No envying Pop: Spurs coach Gregg Popovich says he is in no hurry to trim his roster from 20 to 15 in advance of the Oct. 27 deadline. His starting point guard understands why.

“It's going to be hard for Pop, very hard,” Tony Parker said. “All those young guys have been playing good basketball.”

There are seven players vying for two open roster slots.

The minutes-played column of the Spurs' latest preseason box score might offer some clue about how Popovich is leaning in his mission to fill them.

Salim Stoudamire, Anthony Tolliver, Desmon Farmer and Malik Hairston all logged at least 17 minutes against Indiana. Darryl Watkins played a little more than nine, while Charles Gaines and Devin Green did not play at all.

tp2021
10-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Salim Stoudamire, Anthony Tolliver, Desmon Farmer and Malik Hairston all logged at least 17 minutes against Indiana. Darryl Watkins played a little more than nine, while Charles Gaines and Devin Green did not play at all.

Pick 2, ST.

Tully365
10-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Pick 2, ST.

At this point, I'd go with Farmer & Tolliver.

tp2021
10-19-2008, 10:48 PM
I say Hairston and whomever Pop wants. So Tolliver. If I ABSOLUTELY had my way, I would rather have Salim.

Vorg
10-20-2008, 03:08 AM
+1

benefactor
10-20-2008, 06:50 AM

exstatic
10-20-2008, 07:13 AM
Tolliver and the other player that Pop likes, whoever that is.

urunobili
10-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Watkins, Farmer

T Park
10-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Hairston and Tolliver would be my vote.

It'll be Tolliver and Stoudamire more than likely though.