PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Ranks Spurs #4

GrandeDavid
02-15-2005, 02:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2005&week=15

...with this to say about them:

"A rejection from Mailman won't stop Spurs' search for another big man. Especially after a loss to Miami, days before Heat even have a chance to tag team Zo with Shaq."

GrandeDavid
02-15-2005, 02:09 PM
Well, anyone or everyone agree? Completely? Somewhat? Its sort of a head-scratcher, but overall I'd have to disagree. I think that the commentary above is a bit far-fetched being that they failed to account for the fact that Tim was hobbled. Also, Miami has a miserable record against the West's best. And the Spurs have defeated the Suns twice...

Oh well, the Spurs traditionally excel under the limelight.

Ballcox
02-15-2005, 02:12 PM
I agree, just let us kind of fade into the woodwork, not drawing any attention to ourselves. Then, when the playoffs hit, BAM! Start bitch slapping teams in the WC playoffs and then whatever sorry ass excuse for a team comes out of the East. I never put much stock in those power rankings anyway.

respect the 'fro :fro

boutons
02-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Spurs lost 2 games last week, and barely escpaped with one W. Hardly a "Power"-full week for the Spurs. When PHX lost 5 straight with Nash out, they dropped in ranking also.

The Shaq/Zo angle is BS, but BS is what these sports "jounalists" specialize in. They don't even rumor which bigs they Spurs could get, never mind be interested in.

GrandeDavid
02-15-2005, 02:18 PM
^I think my whole thing is with the Sonics. The freaking Sonics at #2! They have two more losses than the Spurs (granted, though, they are 1-2 against them), and have played three less games.

Rummpd
02-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Spurs = no worse than 2 in league anything else is BS and I wrote Mr. Stein in that exact non medical language.

GrandeDavid
02-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Stein usually jocks the Spurs heavily and for the right reasons.

SLOVENIAN 8
02-15-2005, 03:56 PM
good assessment by ESPN!
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Sec24Row7
02-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Stein did it for the right reasons.

His power rankings are a combo of the performance of that week along with general record. He also takes teams down a notch for injuries and being tired.

Stein knows the spurs are number 1, but that's not what HIS power rankings are about.

It is about recent performance.

If the Hawks won 15 in a row and were beating the best in the western conference... he would put them #1 even though they wouldn't make the playoffs.

ducks
02-15-2005, 04:41 PM
power rankings now mean shit

td4mvp21
02-15-2005, 07:56 PM
good assessment by ESPN!

hek yes it was they put twolves at #20

Experiment2100
02-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Makes sense, they had a crappy week, but 3 spots was a bit much.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-15-2005, 07:58 PM
good assessment by ESPN!
If we apply the same criteria in judging the TWolves, I'm afraid they don't even rank, so STFU!

milkyway21
02-15-2005, 08:47 PM
good assessment by ESPN!oh yeah?

their assessment of the Wolves is that YOUR team is heading for the lottery :rolleyes

N.Y. Johnny
02-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Fuckin ESPN, why'd they drop San Antonio only to 4? You'd think they'd have dropped out of the top 10 sometimes the way they talk on there.
fuck you ESPN :flipoff

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Y'all don't seem to realize, the Spurs choke when they're the hunted. I'd much rather be in the position of the hunter.

san antonio spurs
02-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Fuckin ESPN, why'd they drop San Antonio only to 4? You'd think they'd have dropped out of the top 10 sometimes the way they talk on there.
fuck you ESPN :flipoff
the way they talk out there in on ESPN TV,that's where they're crap,but this is ESPN site and magazine,it's a lil' better
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

GoSpurs21
02-15-2005, 10:27 PM
what did BSPN rank the Spurs as.......
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE THE FUCK BSPN RANKED THE SPURS!

at least the Spurs aren't under-acheiving like the Minni T-bags

LakerGod
02-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Agree with ESPN rankings.

The Spurs even when they had the best record were not the best team.

The Suns are by far the Best team in the NBA.

Actually the Spurs should be ranked 5th or 6th.

milkyway21
02-16-2005, 01:29 AM
Agree with ESPN rankings.

The Spurs even when they had the best record were not the best team.

The Suns are by far the Best team in the NBA.

Actually the Spurs should be ranked 5th or 6th.despite the setback in Miami, the Spurs are still ranked as # 1 on Foxsports, CBS, CNNSi...

POWER RANKINGS-CBS
Current Team
1 San Antonio Spurs
Tony Parker's speed should be one of the most dangerous weapons in the league in the latter part of the decade.

NBA Power Rankings -CNNSi
Rank LW Team
1 1 San Antonio Spurs (40-12)
Karl Malone retired, Tim Duncan sprained an ankle and they lost at Miami on Sunday. Despite a disappointing week they still owned a share of the NBA's best record heading to the All-Star break.

SPORTING NEWS POWER RANKINGS
Rk Team Last Week Rising/Falling High/Low Comment
1. Spurs
1st They haven't played a home game since January, and it's starting to show. They'll have plenty of time to regain their fire with a seven-game homestand after the All-Star break.

you mean these people are Morons?give me a break. :music

3-1: majority wins: Spurs still rules :elephant

Rummpd
02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
& LakerGod has firmly entrenched himself as the ________ fill in the blanks Troll on this site, the race for number uno is not even close there.

Apparently, Wolves 0009 has also firmly entrenched himself at number 2 for talking smack with a sub 500 team (oh I forgot, Kevin McHale is going to save the day up there).