PDA

View Full Version : UFC 90: Silva vs. Côté

Pages : 1 [2]

Anti.Hero
10-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Silva definitely danced around and stalled for far too long for my tastes but it's Freakin' Silva so he gets a free pass.

Evan
10-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Anderson Silva d. Patrick Cote TKO (leg injury) 0:39 of the 3rd Round
Thiago Alves d. Josh Koscheck Unanimous Decision
Gray Maynard d. Rich Clementi Unanimous Decision
Junior dos Santos d. Fabricio Werdum via TKO (strikes) 1:21 of the 1st Round
Sean Sherk d. Tyson Griffin Unanimous Decision
Thales Leites d. Drew McFedries via Rear Naked Choke 1:18 of the 1st Round
Spencer Fisher d. Shannon Gugerty via Triangle Choke 3:56 of the 3rd Round
Dan Miller d. Matt Horwich Decision Unanimous Decision
Hermes Franca d. Marcus Aurelio Unanimous Decision
Pete Sell d. Josh Burkman Unanimous Decision

Knockout of the Night: Junior Dos Santos

Submission of the Night: Spencer Fisher

Fight of the Night: Tyson Griffin vs. Sean Sherk

Each fighter earned an additional $65,000

polandprzem
10-26-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't see what the outcry is...the guy didn't get a chance to finish the fight. Sure Silva didn't look incredible but he never had a chance to finish.

Perhaps he had an injury.

Yeah well he was running around the octagon - it's damn difficult to finish somebody during jogging.

wtf he had like 2 strikes and that's it?

IMO he was losing that fight, he was less agressive and was backpeddaling (or whatever you write it).

One of the worst fights I've seen in my life.

Evan
10-26-2008, 11:13 AM
boodyelbow on who Silva should fight next or in the future.

Put Silva in the cage with Chuck Liddell ASAP. Resign Matt Lindland. Give Henderson or Marquardt another shot. Sign Gegard Mousasi, Jacare, Frank Shamrock, Cung Le, Robbie Lawler, somebody!

I would say all of those are possible but Lindland.

polandprzem
10-26-2008, 11:42 AM
I would like to see Marquardt against Silva and in near future Thales Leites. I would love to see Silva being tested in BJJ

dallaskd
10-26-2008, 02:14 PM
The Chicago crowd do not deserve another UFC event there again.

what happened? i haven't watched the fights yet.

djohn14
10-26-2008, 02:20 PM
I would like to see Marquardt against Silva and in near future Thales Leites. I would love to see Silva being tested in BJJ

Leites should get it first. Nate already had his chance against Anderson and lost. Thales beat Marquardt, although it was controversial, its still a W. I wouldnt mind seeing Nate get another shot, but Thales gets it first.

polandprzem
10-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Thales is not ready, his stand up is suspicious and it would be extreamly hard to get silva on the ground esp. when he will decide to outrun the octagon

cornbread
10-26-2008, 04:12 PM
One of the worst fights I've seen in my life.

This is just a guess, but you've never watched all 30 minutes of Severn vs. Shamrock 2, have you?

Evan
10-26-2008, 04:28 PM
This is just a guess, but you've never watched all 30 minutes of Severn vs. Shamrock 2, have you?

^^^^^

First MMA fight I ever saw...buddy brought it over on VHS. Back when everything was called "Toughman"

Like how pepsi's are called coke...

angelbelow
10-26-2008, 04:47 PM
booed every fight?? whats the matter with them?

anyway, any explanation for silva's antics yet?

djohn14
10-26-2008, 05:23 PM
http://www.mmaroot.com/josh-koscheck-vs-thiago-alves-ufc-90-video/

cornbread
10-26-2008, 05:48 PM
^^^^^

First MMA fight I ever saw...buddy brought it over on VHS. Back when everything was called "Toughman"

Like how pepsi's are called coke...

I don't think there's any match in history that can compare on the suck factor.

djohn14
10-26-2008, 06:03 PM
booed every fight?? whats the matter with them?

anyway, any explanation for silva's antics yet?

What do you mean his antics? That was just Anderson being Anderson. He wasnt ATTEMPTING to show him up when he offered his hand. I truely believe that was Anderson being Anderson. If you mean his rare amount of striking, well thats normal too. One thing I saw was that Anderson was head and shoulders better than Cote. He landed his pinpoint strikes, he reversed Cotes takedown attempt, his elusivness was there, Cote didnt do much. The only diffrence from this fight compared to any of his others was that Anderson wasnt as aggressive. I hope I helped, if not let me know.

dbreiden83080
10-26-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't think there's any match in history that can compare on the suck factor.

Shamrock/Gracie 2 sucked ass

Evan
10-26-2008, 06:55 PM
The backlash to this fight is amazing. So much overreaction. Cote is no pushover and Anderson didn't have his full time to do his work.

dbreiden83080
10-26-2008, 07:07 PM
If Brock Beats Randy in a few weeks, then you'll see a hell of a reaction, LOL

Evan
10-26-2008, 07:13 PM
If Brock Beats Randy in a few weeks, then you'll see a hell of a reaction, LOL

I will take a 2 week break from mma sites and forums. No kidding. People will act like the world is over.

And Leonard will owe me $20. On top of the $20 the non bet paying sob already owes me for Randy not fighting Fedor in 2008. :nope

Evan
10-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Cote on the fight

"I proved to everyone that this guy (Silva) is not unbeatable. I think I fucked him up really bad. My gameplan was good and he was scared to exchange with me."

dbreiden83080
10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
^^^

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :wow

Evan
10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
^^^

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :wow

I think he is speaking mentally since Silva was "scared to exchange."

Don't forget he is only decent at English and still pauses a lot trying to find words.

dbreiden83080
10-26-2008, 07:38 PM
I think he is trying to sell another fight but he is not going to get that anytime soon. He needs to heal up and Silva has bigger fish to fry than another fight with Cote. It wasn't competitive enough to waste another fight on Silva's contract if he is serious about retirement at the end of his deal.

djohn14
10-26-2008, 07:46 PM
So, what do yall think? Is Junior Dos Santos the real deal, or did Werdum have an off night?

dbreiden83080
10-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Going with off night

djohn14
10-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Going with off night

I am too, but it makes me want to see his next fight just for the fact the fact that he is a prized pupil of 2 of our champs.

tlongII
10-26-2008, 08:31 PM
It's too bad I wasn't in Silva's corner last night. I would have told him that a well-placed knee to the forehead would have put Cote to sleep. He was wide-open for it.

Evan
10-26-2008, 09:13 PM
It's too bad I wasn't in Silva's corner last night. I would have told him that a well-placed knee to the forehead would have put Cote to sleep. He was wide-open for it.

There is no counter to the knee to the forehead ninja move.

oligarchy
10-26-2008, 10:06 PM
I will take a 2 week break from mma sites and forums. No kidding. People will act like the world is over.

And Leonard will owe me $20. On top of the $20 the non bet paying sob already owes me for Randy not fighting Fedor in 2008. :nope

Couture will lose.

angelbelow
10-27-2008, 12:44 AM
What do you mean his antics? That was just Anderson being Anderson. He wasnt ATTEMPTING to show him up when he offered his hand. I truely believe that was Anderson being Anderson. If you mean his rare amount of striking, well thats normal too. One thing I saw was that Anderson was head and shoulders better than Cote. He landed his pinpoint strikes, he reversed Cotes takedown attempt, his elusivness was there, Cote didnt do much. The only diffrence from this fight compared to any of his others was that Anderson wasnt as aggressive. I hope I helped, if not let me know.

icic.. well i read the yahoo results and perhaps that swayed my POV. ive yet to see the fight in person.

polandprzem
10-27-2008, 06:37 AM
have you heard that Alves want's to be a champ and stay as a champ for a long time?
Everything is fine but cutting so much weight every time before fight is not good IMO, all in all he is getting older and it will be more difficult to cut weight. And btw. If he would get a short notice fight like Koscheck (2weeks) he would be unable to get down to 170.

His biggest problem is his lenght and reach. Comparing him to Silva for example ...
Fightng Silva he would have to go inside which is almost impossible to do.

btw. when do you have a time change in the States?

LEONARD
10-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Silva…wow, that was weird. Tough break for Cote. He was still going to get wrecked though…

Alves is a BEAST. Love those legkicks. Props to Josh for hanging in there…he’s probably not walking too well.

Great fight between Griffin and Sherk…I had Sherk winning 29-28, as much as I hate to admit it…

Werdum….I knew he took Santos lightly after seeing him at the weigh-ins.

Maynard is a beast, but boring…

I love Leites…

desflood
10-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Just go with my pick...youll be fine :)
:frying:

Evan
10-27-2008, 11:57 AM
^^^ oh hey look who found time to acknowledge us petty low life's. Dessy decided to join us for some mma banter.

ATRAIN
10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure about the Kos/Alves fight. Switch to Kos, he may take it

You see I told you so!! :)

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 12:45 PM
You see I told you so!! :)

2 weeks notice was a bigger factor than i thought. I still don't think Alves is that much better than Kos. But he is a beast

ATRAIN
10-27-2008, 12:51 PM
-Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote
-Thiago Alves vs. Josh Koscheck
-Fabricio Werdum vs. Junior dos Santos
-Tyson Griffin vs. Sean Sherk
-Gray Maynard vs. Rich Clementi

Going to have to think about Gray/Rich a little more before making a pick.

Just go with my pick...youll be fine :)

You see Des, you should have taken my advice :).

ATRAIN
10-27-2008, 12:53 PM
2 weeks notice was a bigger factor than i thought. I still don't think Alves is that much better than Kos. But he is a beast

Man I dont know about that. Alves is a bad ass.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Man I dont know about that. Alves is a bad ass.

Oh he is but also this guy won't be at 170 for much longer. He barely made weight this time, didn't make weight last time. He is only 25 and still getting bigger. He'll be at 185 before you know it. Alves desperately wants to stay at 170 because he is so much bigger than everyone.

polandprzem
10-27-2008, 01:22 PM
have you heard that Alves want's to be a champ and stay as a champ for a long time?
Everything is fine but cutting so much weight every time before fight is not good IMO, all in all he is getting older and it will be more difficult to cut weight. And btw. If he would get a short notice fight like Koscheck (2weeks) he would be unable to get down to 170.

His biggest problem is his lenght and reach. Comparing him to Silva for example ...
Fightng Silva he would have to go inside which is almost impossible to do.

btw. when do you have a time change in the States?

Oh he is but also this guy won't be at 170 for much longer. He barely made weight this time, didn't make weight last time. He is only 25 and still getting bigger. He'll be at 185 before you know it. Alves desperately wants to stay at 170 because he is so much bigger than everyone.

Hey I know I'm hateable, but come on :D

LEONARD
10-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Fisher - Gugerty
http://mma-core.com/videos/_Spencer_Fisher_vs__Shannon_Gugerty_UFC_90?vid=100 02012&tid=100

Aurelio - Franca
http://mma-core.com/videos/_Marcus_Aurelio_vs__Hermes_Franca_UFC_90?vid=10002 011&tid=100

Miller – Horwich
http://mma-core.com/videos/_Dan_Miller_vs__Matt_Horwich_UFC_90?vid=10002002&tid=100

Evan
10-28-2008, 07:56 AM
I didn't know Silva walked around so heavy. I thought he was about 215.

"I came in here. I did my job. My strategy was working," Silva stated. "Patrick couldn't find me. And it's unfortunate that his knee went out."

The end of the fight could not have been predicted, as previously mentioned, Cote's knee buckled in the third round causing the fight to be stopped and Silva was declared the winner.

Despite picking up his eighth victory in the UFC, Silva still stayed humble and apologized to the Chicago crowd who did not get the performance out of the champion that they were hoping for.

"I apologized because I've trained really hard with my trainers for five rounds," said Silva. "I dropped down from 230 pounds to 205 pounds to 185 pounds. So, I worked my butt off. I had a long training camp to prepare myself for this fight. So I really feel like I owe everyone an apology for this fight. I owe you guys an apology; I owe the fans an apology and Dana (White).

So....................Bring on Fedor. :ihit

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Fedor would kill him :)

230? wtf? He must look awefull in 230lbs!

I haven't seen him in that lhw bout but come on.

I thought he was not walking 200pound
I thought he was natural (and he damn is) 190 pounder.
IMO he overweight himself, but ok.

---btw. once again I'm asking when do you guys have time change?

Evan
10-28-2008, 08:13 AM
---btw. once again I'm asking when do you guys have time change?

November 2nd.

I hate it...I wish we just left it alone.

LEONARD
10-28-2008, 08:19 AM
I've always seen that he was in the 210-215 lbs range...

He's bigger than people realize...he would tower over the pudgy Fedor by 4"....

Evan
10-28-2008, 08:32 AM
I've always seen that he was in the 210-215 lbs range...

He's bigger than people realize...he would tower over the pudgy Fedor by 4"....

It would be a great fight. I would much rather see that than Couture.

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 08:36 AM
November 2nd.

I hate it...I wish we just left it alone.

Thanks

It would be great matchup.
Fedor was never in danger of KO and he was never submitted.

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 09:44 AM
It would be a great fight. I would much rather see that than Couture.

We'll likely see GSP fight Silva before Fedor as he keeps fighting "Cans" right Evan? :p:

Evan
10-28-2008, 09:48 AM
C'mon……I never said Fedor ONLY fights cans. Just averaging 50/50.

However…if Fedor did fight GSP I doubt GSP would be allowed to use kicks.

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 09:50 AM
C'mon……I never said Fedor ONLY fights cans. Just averaging 50/50.

I was 100% joking

Evan
10-28-2008, 09:54 AM
There is a really funny pic of Fedor fighting a can...I have to find it. Too funny.

ATRAIN
10-28-2008, 09:56 AM
You guys wont be having this convo once Arlovski whoops up on Fedor!!

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 09:59 AM

Fedor's gonna take him down and sub him, sorry pal. :(

ATRAIN
10-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Fedor's gonna take him down and sub him, sorry pal. :(

wanna bet? Ill bet everyone on here if I have too :).

AA is going to beat down Fedor the way Penn is going to beat down GSP :)

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 10:14 AM
wanna bet? Ill bet everyone on here if I have too :).

AA is going to beat down Fedor the way Penn is going to beat down GSP :)

LOL, you already picked GSP dude, don't make me quote you :lol

Andrei needs a KO to win. Possible but after that 36 second whipping of Sylvia i don't think it is likely.

ATRAIN
10-28-2008, 10:19 AM
LOL, you already picked GSP dude, don't make me quote you :lol

Andrei needs a KO to win. Possible but after that 36 second whipping of Sylvia i don't think it is likely.

Sylvia is too slow. If we see the PITBULL come out it could be a barn burner. If he is timid then yeah Fedor will destroy him. I changed my mind about GSP and PENN :). A man can change his mind cant he? hahaha

Evan
10-28-2008, 10:20 AM

I am rooting for whoever fights Fedor until he stops fighting cans. The obscure amateur in July is appalling.

So go Arlovski!

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Sylvia is too slow. If we see the PITBULL come out it could be a barn burner.

Agreed. Andrei has to be agressive as all hell. He's got the standup but if this hits the ground it is good night. Fedor is a submission machine.

I changed my mind about GSP and PENN :). A man can change his mind cant he? hahaha

Well then you can get on the other side with Dallaskd for all i care you Son of a Bitch, WAR GSP!!!!! :p::hat

ATRAIN
10-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Agreed. Andrei has to be agressive as all hell. He's got the standup but if this hits the ground it is good night. Fedor is a submission machine.

Well then you can get on the other side with Dallaskd for all i care you Son of a Bitch, WAR GSP!!!!! :p::hat

Yeah im still pissed Andre got subed by Sylvia..........I mean come on how do you let that happen.

LOL im just playing man, im still a GSP fan and pulling for him over BJ. I just wanted to see what you would say hahaha.

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
btw. Who is not can for Fedor right now?

Evan
10-28-2008, 11:53 AM
btw. Who is not can for Fedor right now?

Anyone in his weight class that is a top 20. Thats not too hard to find.

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Anyone in his weight class that is a top 20. Thats not too hard to find.

names

Werdum? Heering?

R they top 20?

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 12:07 PM
It's tough for Fedor because he is not in the UFC but there is little doubt he'd take all the UFC heavies out as well. I still think he'll retire without much doubt that he is the best heavy of all time, even if he never fights in the UFC..

Evan
10-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Poland those two guys are in the UFC.

there is little doubt he'd take all the UFC heavies out as well...

Thats what frustrates me so much.....

Maybe Lesnar…Carwin or Cain could over turn him one day but I am certain everyone else there right now would go down.

Boxing…Boxing…Boxing...

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Poland those two guys are in the UFC.

I know they are, so?

Sylwia was a UFC champ, he went down like a plastic doll.
NOG is a UFC champ and he was beaten twice (when he was better then he is now), by Fedor.
Is Arlovski considered a good fighter?

he is not with her

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l19/adamtool/news/patrycja_mikula3.jpg

now, so he can concentrate on fighting more now.

Evan
10-28-2008, 01:05 PM
http://www.themmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/silvacotepic8s.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/cyberslinger/silvamariachi.jpg

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm rewatching the UFC 90 and damn I'm pissed a bit :)

This booing - frick it.
But refs - UFC has got new refs or something? Or the refs got a command to hurry up fighters? Come on guys let's work
damn what do they want fighters to do? And exchange all the tme or quick submissions or what? when on the ground fighters try to take better position they are starting this let's work guys

wtf?

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Even Rogan got pissed about that in clementi fight

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 02:03 PM
:pctoss

I'm gonna kick the ref into the head!

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
They need Big John Back. Only refs that basically don't suck are him, Yves Lavine, despite the Ortiz/Shamrock mess Herb Dean is good. Mario Yamosaki is alright, Steve Mazzagatti completely sucks...

Evan
10-28-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm rewatching the UFC 90 and damn I'm pissed a bit :)

This booing - frick it.
But refs - UFC has got new refs or something? Or the refs got a command to hurry up fighters? Come on guys let's work
damn what do they want fighters to do? And exchange all the tme or quick submissions or what? when on the ground fighters try to take better position they are starting this let's work guys

wtf?

the UFC doesn't have any refs........those guys are supplied by the state.

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 02:12 PM
the UFC doesn't have any refs........those guys are supplied by the state.

That they are and whoever is in charge of hiring needs to be replaced..

ATRAIN
10-28-2008, 02:15 PM
I know they are, so?

Sylwia was a UFC champ, he went down like a plastic doll.
NOG is a UFC champ and he was beaten twice (when he was better then he is now), by Fedor.
Is Arlovski considered a good fighter?

he is not with her

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l19/adamtool/news/patrycja_mikula3.jpg

now, so he can concentrate on fighting more now.

I cant see that photo............ damn photobucket is blocked here :(

Evan
10-28-2008, 02:23 PM
That they are and whoever is in charge of hiring needs to be replaced..

so much gray area and confusion with this entire issue

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 02:26 PM
http://www.bustedcoverage.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/patrycja-mikula-5.jpg

can you see this one?

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 02:27 PM
http://mike100915.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/81773-1.jpg

That one?

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 02:30 PM

can you see this one?

Good GOD what a Honey, who is that..... :wow

I cant see that photo............ damn photobucket is blocked here :(

Your missing out... :p:

so much gray area and confusion with this entire issue

I am not confused Referees and Judges are appointed by the state athletic commission. I just think most of them are lousy.

Evan
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I am not confused Referees and Judges are appointed by the state athletic commission. I just think most of them are lousy.

There is confusion with the media, the fighters and the promoters. We the fans just see them.

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 02:34 PM
There is confusion with the media, the fighters and the promoters. We the fans just see them.

I don't get what you are saying, confusion about what??

ATRAIN
10-28-2008, 02:36 PM
http://mike100915.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/81773-1.jpg

That one?

I can see that one...........Damn my boy AA was hitting that? Hell yeah, im proud to be a fan hahahah. Its better than what GSP is hitting hahahah.

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
I can see that one...........Damn my boy AA was hitting that? Hell yeah, im proud to be a fan hahahah. Its better than what GSP is hitting hahahah.

That's AA former GF... :wow

Who is she and how did he let that angel get away???

"Its better than what GSP is hitting hahahah"

I thought i read he was stalking Mandy Moore :lol

Evan
10-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I don't get what you are saying, confusion about what??

Where they came from
Who trained them
Can they object

Etc….

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Good GOD what a Honey, who is that.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrycja_Mikula

Well she is not that hot (IMO)...

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/patrycja-mikula-and-andrei-arlovski-strikeforce-mma-cWjI0b.jpg

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Good GOD what a Honey, who is that.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrycja_Mikula

Well she is not that hot (IMO)...

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/patrycja-mikula-and-andrei-arlovski-strikeforce-mma-cWjI0b.jpg

Looks plenty Yummy to me, somebody fetch me a spoon...

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 03:12 PM
why
did
me
here
?

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Good night ladies and gentelmen !

Got to go to sleep - tomorrow I must get up early do some food and go to work :pctoss

looooooong day again ... ehhh

desflood
10-28-2008, 04:54 PM

can you see this one?
Butterface.

ATRAIN
10-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Butterface.

lol

polandprzem
10-29-2008, 10:23 AM
why
did
me
here
?

okay I will answer - cause she is polish!

wtf? butterface mean that it goes in like in a butter :grim:

LEONARD
10-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Watch the Spencer Fisher fight...he has Gugerty in a triangle for a long time and the ref is telling them to keep working. He asked Gugerty if he's ok a bunch too...jeez...

Fisher - Gugerty
http://mma-core.com/videos/_Spencer_Fisher_vs__Shannon_Gugerty_UFC_90?vid=100 02012&tid=100

Aurelio - Franca
http://mma-core.com/videos/_Marcus_Aurelio_vs__Hermes_Franca_UFC_90?vid=10002 011&tid=100

Miller – Horwich
http://mma-core.com/videos/_Dan_Miller_vs__Matt_Horwich_UFC_90?vid=10002002&tid=100

and one from UFC 89

Stout – Etim
http://mma-core.com/videos/_Sam_Stout_vs__Terry_Etim_UFC_89?vid=10001964&tid=100 [/B][/QUOTE]

polandprzem
10-31-2008, 07:39 AM
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/jukehouse/Crappyjob.jpg

Tres_Till_it_MHz
11-02-2008, 01:47 PM
okay I will answer - cause she is polish!

wtf? butterface mean that it goes in like in a butter :grim:

everything looks good butterface.

Anti.Hero
11-02-2008, 02:10 PM
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/jukehouse/Crappyjob.jpg

lllmfao