PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on BS Fantasy FF Trade

SScarrJ
10-20-2008, 10:30 AM
So in the Spurstalk 25$ fantasy football leauge the number 1 team just landed Clinton Portis and Roddy White in a trade.

What gets me is the fact he only gave up Jason Witten, Hightower, and Randle El.

Now they are claiming it is a trade of need, that they needed a tight end so bad that they were willing to give the best RB in FF this season and a top 10 receiver and only get 2nd rate backups in return. But then I saw that they already had Dallas Clark.... So this team has Dallas Clark starting at Tight End, yet gave away 2 of its 3 best players to land Jason Witten, a mild upgrade over Dallas Clark, especially since Romo is out for a month.

Am I crazy to think theres some cheating going on? Well most people ive talked to on the phone and in other forums dont think so. But Kori, who just so happens to be the Commish of the league, seems to think I'm crazy for even believing collusion could happen.

So i want some opinions here from spurstalk, don't all signs here point to cheating?

vander
10-20-2008, 10:59 AM
not a fair trade, but who would want Portis and White in a fair trade? they only go downhill from here

rascal
10-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Thats not a fair trade. Randel El holds no value. So its Portis and White for Hightower and Witten. No way is a te worth a top rb that was taken as a high draft pick in the 1'st or 2nd round. Also White is a very good wr while Hightower was likely a waiver claim and is a part time quality rb.

Not even close to fair and the commissioner should have not allowed this.

I would not say it was collusion but it is one team trying to get an advantage of a lopsided trade.

ATRAIN
10-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Crap trade? Was timvp involved in the trade?

SScarrJ
10-20-2008, 12:00 PM
See i woulda thought it was just inexperienced people making a dumb trade, but the person who is trading portis won the Spurstalk league last year and already has Clark at TightEnd.

I just cant let that part of it go

T Park
10-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Its a bogus trade and should be protested.

T Park
10-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm still asshurt at being wrong.

jack sommerset
10-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Sounds bogus.

2centsworth
10-20-2008, 03:15 PM
bogus

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Post their rosters.

It's a bad trade, but proving collusion is extremely hard. Best you could hope for is a league wide vote on the trade.

LakerHater
10-20-2008, 07:44 PM
http://animations.fg-a.com/4_bab_02.gif

MaNu4Tres
10-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Tpark the trade is going down in our 25 dollar Spurstalk league. Me and SscarrJ are the only ones who have protested.

SScarrJ
10-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Team that is dumping
Pre Trade
QB E Manning
RB. Portis Jacobs T Jones
WR Bruce Walter Royal R. White Chad Johnson
TE D Clark
K Gostkowski
D Steelers

Post Trade
QB E Mannings
RB. Jacobs Jones
WR Bruce Walter Royal White
TE Witten

Hes dumping Clark to waivers

Team who is getting the gift
qb. Rodgers
rb. Fragas, Hightower Choice Westbrook
WR. Houshmendazdeh, S Moss, Burress
TE. Witten

Post trade
QB. ROdgers
Rb. Portis Fargas Westbrook
WR. Houshmendzdeh, S Moss, Burress, R. White
TE. LJ Smith

Clandestino
10-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Bullshit... Collusion!

TheTruth
10-20-2008, 10:54 PM
That's a bad trade. Do you know if the two owners have any connection to each other?

MajorMike
10-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Quit being swole; that trade looks fine. Nice how you left off some players in the 2nd version to to and exasperate how bad it is.

Look White is an early season complete suprise and I doubt he stays that good all year. Randle El has as many catches as Moss does. I don't expect Portis to stay at the level he is at either.

Hightower has potential, he is obviously Zona's goalline RB (5 TDs already) but not great value he was just stat fodder.

So basically a top 10 RB and a WR playing way above his head in an offense that will not sustain got traded for the 2nd best TE in the game and a playable WR.

Looking back at your rosters:

Team that is dumping
Pre Trade
QB E Manning
TE D Clark
K Gostkowski
D Steelers

Post Trade
QB E Mannings
RB. Jacobs Jones
WR RANDLE EL Bruce Walter Royal White
TE Witten

qb. Rodgers
TE. Witten

Post trade
QB. ROdgers
TE. LJ Smith

Obviously his most loaded position is RB. Jacobs and Jones are both having career years. Randle El isn't a great #1 option but in this case will do. Bruce is a great suprise (I picked him up myself). The other WR are meh. Also depends on how many you start.

As far as the 2nd team, I am assuming you can only start 2 or at the most 3 WRs and LJ Smith is going to give you damn near zero stats. Fargas isn't a good option and Westbrook is constantly (and historically) broken.

Again, seems to me you are just pissed you didn't get someone. Shut up and try to make a trade if you don't like somenoe elses.

ATRAIN
10-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Wrong about what TPARK? What the hell are you talking about?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Quit being swole; that trade looks fine. Nice how you left off some players in the 2nd version to to and exasperate how bad it is.

Look White is an early season complete suprise and I doubt he stays that good all year. Randle El has as many catches as Moss does. I don't expect Portis to stay at the level he is at either.

Hightower has potential, he is obviously Zona's goalline RB (5 TDs already) but not great value he was just stat fodder.

So basically a top 10 RB and a WR playing way above his head in an offense that will not sustain got traded for the 2nd best TE in the game and a playable WR.

Obviously his most loaded position is RB. Jacobs and Jones are both having career years. Randle El isn't a great #1 option but in this case will do. Bruce is a great suprise (I picked him up myself). The other WR are meh. Also depends on how many you start.

As far as the 2nd team, I am assuming you can only start 2 or at the most 3 WRs and LJ Smith is going to give you damn near zero stats. Fargas isn't a good option and Westbrook is constantly (and historically) broken.

Again, seems to me you are just pissed you didn't get someone. Shut up and try to make a trade if you don't like somenoe elses.

Roddy White isn't that much of a surprise. He was a top 15 WR last year with three scrub QBs (Redman, Harrington, Leftwich). I drafted or traded for him early in every league I am in.

But for the sake of argument, let's call White and Witten a wash. Hightower/Randle El for Portis is highway robbery.

SScarrJ
10-21-2008, 10:25 AM

Well you may have the worst take on the NFL ever

1. Portis shows zero signs of slowing down. The guy leads the NFL in rushing and is 2nd in touch downs. Skins running game is killing poeple, the only way he slows down is if his ACL explodes. Bet you thought Google and Microsoft weren't going to stick around either

2. Roddy White has done nothing but improve every single week. The guy hasn't had a game of less than 50 yards, and in the past month hes had 400 yards and 3 tds in 4 games... not exactly any signs of slowing down. But thanks for your expert opinion

3. Please explain how T. Jones is having a career year? His past 2 games havebeen very good, but before that he was on the MIA list with R. Grant. But he does look like he is finally rounding into shape.

4. Since when is Westbrook always injured? 15 Games the past 2 seasons seems pretty durable to me.

If the guy dumping portis and white had traded away T. Jones and D. Clark for Witten and Hightower, It would have been a bad trade... but at least i could have understood it. This trade just boggles the mind if he is indeed trying to improve his team.

Of course the guy with Fargas and Westbrook is going to accept the trade, His team is average at best and is getting blessed with the FF MVP and even more depth at WR. All he loses is the best tight end, but honestly that's like having a good defense in fantasy, its nice to have but are you really going to win the league because of a great TE?

King
10-21-2008, 12:35 PM
It's a bad trade, but not protest worthy. The only reason to protest a trade is if two owners are colluding. Witten's a #1 TE, Hightower has been getting a lot of carries and scores, and Randel El is every bit the #1 in Washington that Moss is. It's justifiable that a guy thinks those things help his team.

The team getting Portis is clearly getting the better end - and I wouldn't do it. But it's not collusion.

I can't state this enough in fantasy football. It's not your job to manage somebody else's team. Bad trades happen in every league. But, that doesn't make it collusion.

T Park
10-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Wrong about what TPARK? What the hell are you talking about?

On LJ's supposed collusion trades.

He's never colluded or anything.

BlackSwordsMan
10-21-2008, 05:25 PM
do it

2centsworth
10-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Team that is dumping
Pre Trade
QB E Manning
TE D Clark
K Gostkowski
D Steelers

Post Trade
QB E Mannings
RB. Jacobs Jones
WR Bruce Walter Royal White
TE Witten

qb. Rodgers
TE. Witten

Post trade
QB. ROdgers
TE. LJ Smith

dumping clark to waivers :lmao

2centsworth
10-21-2008, 05:47 PM
... Randel El is every bit the #1 in Washington that Moss is. It's justifiable that a guy thinks those things help his team. Randel El has 1TD and 300yrd rec, Moss has 4Tds and 500yrds rec. I don't think so, try again.

MajorMike
10-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Well you may have the worst take on the NFL ever

1. Portis shows zero signs of slowing down. The guy leads the NFL in rushing and is 2nd in touch downs. Skins running game is killing poeple, the only way he slows down is if his ACL explodes. Bet you thought Google and Microsoft weren't going to stick around either

2. Roddy White has done nothing but improve every single week. The guy hasn't had a game of less than 50 yards, and in the past month hes had 400 yards and 3 tds in 4 games... not exactly any signs of slowing down. But thanks for your expert opinion

3. Please explain how T. Jones is having a career year? His past 2 games havebeen very good, but before that he was on the MIA list with R. Grant. But he does look like he is finally rounding into shape.

4. Since when is Westbrook always injured? 15 Games the past 2 seasons seems pretty durable to me.

If the guy dumping portis and white had traded away T. Jones and D. Clark for Witten and Hightower, It would have been a bad trade... but at least i could have understood it. This trade just boggles the mind if he is indeed trying to improve his team.

Of course the guy with Fargas and Westbrook is going to accept the trade, His team is average at best and is getting blessed with the FF MVP and even more depth at WR. All he loses is the best tight end, but honestly that's like having a good defense in fantasy, its nice to have but are you really going to win the league because of a great TE?

1. Yeah, and Portis is NEVER historically habitually injured.

2. If you think White is the next TO, perhaps you are questioning the wrong person's NFL take. I have him on my team btw.

3. Well let's see, he has 500 yards and 3 TDs thru 6 games when he had 1100 yards and zero TDs last year and 1200 yards and 6 TDs in 17 games 2 years ago. I think that constitutes a career year, but its your bad math.

4. Missed 2 games this year already, would have been 3 without the buy week. He's missed at least one week every year of his career and he is always playing dinged up.

Seriously, you are too easy if that's all you have. Know your audience before you attempt a flame.

LakerHater
10-21-2008, 06:40 PM
http://www.gifmania.co.il/babies/crying/d_D90F.gif

:whine

DannyT
10-21-2008, 10:46 PM
would you trade LT for Rody White and Matt Forte?
LT is killing me right now and I am hurting on my recievers

vander
10-22-2008, 01:14 AM
would you trade LT for Rody White and Matt Forte?
LT is killing me right now and I am hurting on my recievers

:reading supposedly the toe is going to heal, and then he will stop falling down before contact

ATRAIN
10-22-2008, 04:36 PM
On LJ's supposed collusion trades.

He's never colluded or anything.

it wasnt trades that im talking about.

Bigzax
10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
fantasy football...:lmao

vander
10-23-2008, 09:35 AM
fantasy football...

not for those over 40

King
10-24-2008, 09:20 AM
. Randel El has 1TD and 300yrd rec, Moss has 4Tds and 500yrds rec. I don't think so, try again.

33 receptions to 30 receptions. Targets are about the same. Campbell doesn't look to Moss more than ARE.