PDA

View Full Version : I voted

ploto
10-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Post in this thread when you have exercised your right to vote. Everyone should get out and vote.
http://pro.corbis.com/images/CBR002394.jpg?size=572&uid=%7BEA2E0301-22C2-4D63-961B-8903BD3F5571%7D

clambake
10-20-2008, 11:35 AM
not yet. i haven't decided between the "transformational figure" or the creepy old guy that provides zero imput regarding his economic policies.

SpursFanFirst
10-20-2008, 11:58 AM
not yet. i haven't decided between the "transformational figure" or the creepy old guy that provides zero imput regarding his economic policies.

I thought you had your mind made up....or were you being sarcastic?

Mickey Mouse
10-20-2008, 11:59 AM
I did too!
https://donate.barackobama.com/page/smartproxy/www.barackobama.com/images/splash/splash_change_1.jpg

romad_20
10-20-2008, 12:02 PM
I did too!
https://donate.barackobama.com/page/smartproxy/www.barackobama.com/images/splash/splash_change_1.jpg

Lots of time put into this ACORN bashing post. Good job! :lol

When does early voting start in Texas?

ploto
10-20-2008, 12:07 PM

Today. And there was already a line at 8:00 AM this morning.

clambake
10-20-2008, 12:12 PM
I thought you had your mind made up....or were you being sarcastic?

i'm just waiting for someone to explain why i should vote for a "vision of fresh ideas" instead of a guy that provides zero imput regarding his economic policies.

DarrinS
10-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I did too!

:lmao at Mickey Mouse

I voted too. Ten times in fact.

Sincerely,

http://www.pushindaisies.com/candypress/ProdImages/cof_vampire_coffin_box_lg.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
10-20-2008, 12:20 PM
:lmao at Mickey Mouse

I voted too. Ten times in fact.

Sincerely,

http://www.pushindaisies.com/candypress/ProdImages/cof_vampire_coffin_box_lg.jpg
Landry?
is that you?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-20-2008, 12:21 PM
nov 5th

Viva Las Espuelas
10-20-2008, 12:21 PM
i'm waiting for the 72 troll.

Wild Cobra
10-20-2008, 12:38 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/obamacirtificate.jpg

Mickey, how dare you embed material that is suspect?

Actually, I find this as truthful irony as Obama simply cannot be trusted!

DarkReign
10-20-2008, 12:39 PM
I did too!

I dont know whats more eerie, that someone thought to create a Mickey Mouse troll to parody Obama or that no one had yet created the name "Mickey Mouse" prior to this.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-20-2008, 12:40 PM
I did too!

I laughed.

One of our photogs took this pic of early voting at UTSA about an hour ago.

http://twitxr.com/doublepunching/updates/112814/

Viva Las Espuelas
10-20-2008, 12:45 PM
I laughed.

doublepunching, indeed.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I dont know whats more eerie, that someone thought to create a Mickey Mouse troll to parody Obama or that no one had yet created the name "Mickey Mouse" prior to this.troll creation on this forum is something else. the zombie terry shiavo takes the cake.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-20-2008, 12:48 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/obamacirtificate.jpg

Mickey, how dare you embed material that is suspect?

Actually, I find this as truthful irony as Obama simply cannot be trusted!

that's funny. it may have been here, but i remember seeing that all these computer nerds were going for obamessiden 'cause of how clean and well laid out their website was laid out compared to mccain's.

DarrinS
10-20-2008, 01:16 PM
I laughed.

I don't know how this guy remains calm with the rope going through his leg.

http://twitxr.com/image/112814

romad_20
10-20-2008, 01:23 PM
nov 5th

I'm not voting for Obama, but good try. I should report you for voter supression :lol

ploto
10-20-2008, 02:25 PM
I guess I was crazy to think there could be a thread where people talked about their experience of voting. I am sure we have some young people on here who are voting for the first time in a Presidential election. I would like to hear how people felt as they voted. Some African Americans to whom I have spoken found it emotional to cast a vote for Obama for president.

This morning I struck up a conversation with the woman in line next to me. She had an obvious European accent (what are the chances?). Turns out she was born in the US but grew up in Spain and Switzerland and moved back to the US. She appeared to be in her 40's and was excited about voting in her first ever US Presidential election. Thought others might have a story to share, too.

ratm1221
10-20-2008, 02:42 PM
My wife and I are going to vote after I get off work at 3pm. It will be a great relief to know my part is done so I can just sit back and relax and watch the outcome.

MannyIsGod
10-20-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm too tired to go today, but I'll go tomorrow for sure. There are record numbers at early voting locations all across the country, its exciting.

tp2021
10-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm too tired to go today, but I'll go tomorrow for sure. There are record numbers at early voting locations all across the country, its exciting.

Or scary.

romad_20
10-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Or scary.

No matter who wins, I think its good that more people are getting involved. The golden oldies have had their time. This election may be a watershed moment for the country on a whole host of issues.

Tully365
10-20-2008, 03:40 PM
I guess I was crazy to think there could be a thread where people talked about their experience of voting. I am sure we have some young people on here who are voting for the first time in a Presidential election. I would like to hear how people felt as they voted. Some African Americans to whom I have spoken found it emotional to cast a vote for Obama for president.

This morning I struck up a conversation with the woman in line next to me. She had an obvious European accent (what are the chances?). Turns out she was born in the US but grew up in Spain and Switzerland and moved back to the US. She appeared to be in her 40's and was excited about voting in her first ever US Presidential election. Thought others might have a story to share, too.

Believe me, a lot of us understand your frustration. Every thread in this forum seems to dissolve into name-calling, trading insults, and sarcasm aimed at the opposition. It's funny that so many criticize a heavily partisan and contentious Congress, but then in political discourse act exactly like them.... and often, worse.

MannyIsGod
10-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Believe me, a lot of us understand your frustration. Every thread in this forum seems to dissolve into name-calling, trading insults, and sarcasm aimed at the opposition. It's funny that so many criticize a heavily partisan and contentious Congress, but then in political discourse act exactly like them.... and often, worse.

:tu

timvp
10-20-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm waiting until the last day to vote. I want to gather in as much information as possible. I'm now 99.99% sure I've voting for Obama but why vote before the respective campaigns end? I don't see myself changing my mind but who knows what could happen between now and then.

Voting now, IMO, is like leaving a Spurs game with the Spurs up 15 points with five minutes to go in the fourth . . .

romad_20
10-20-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm waiting until the last day to vote. I want to gather in as much information as possible. I'm now 99.99% sure I've voting for Obama but why vote before the respective campaigns end? I don't see myself changing my mind but who knows what could happen between now and then.

Voting now, IMO, is like leaving a Spurs game with the Spurs up 15 points with five minutes to go in the fourth . . .

John McCain going to go on a McGrady like tear in the 4th? :lol

AFBlue
10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Voted.

No lines, no hurry....absentee ballot baby!

TheMadHatter
10-20-2008, 07:30 PM

There is nothing you're going to learn about either candidate 15 days from now that you don't already know if you're paying any attention to what's going on. This isn't sports.

DarkReign
10-20-2008, 07:39 PM
There is nothing you're going to learn about either candidate 15 days from now that you don't already know if you're paying any attention to what's going on. This isn't sports.

So what?

TheMadHatter
10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
So what?

And?

Wild Cobra
10-20-2008, 09:28 PM

I figure out who I'm voting for, but I don't turn my mail-in ballot until election day, then I drive it to the Elections office. I do it this way because I don't trust the people running the system. I also never, I repeat, never, leave a selection blank. I often check "OTHER" and write in "None of the Above." Leaving a selection blank just leaves it open for en election worker to vote for you.

Wild Cobra
10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
I haven't gotten my &$#@ing voter registration card in the mail yet

:pctoss
Did you by chance register other than democrat and register through ACORN? I'll bet they lost your information.

PM5K
10-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Soon....

MannyIsGod
10-20-2008, 09:35 PM
I haven't gotten my &$#@ing voter registration card in the mail yet

:pctoss

You don't need the card. Just take your license with you and you're golden.

Mr. Peabody
10-20-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm going to try and make it to the courthouse this week to vote. I imagine election day will be a zoo and I'd like to able to be at home watching the coverage as the day goes on.

Colombiano972
10-20-2008, 09:51 PM
My 18th birthday is on January so I miss voting by two months.:(
Regardless I'll still vote at my school mock elections.:king

T Park
10-20-2008, 10:54 PM
absentee ballot mailed this morning.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Official numbers from Bexar County today: 29,119.

Nearly double that of the first day of early voting in the '04 general election.

dg7md
10-21-2008, 12:01 AM
I'll be early voting this week, hopefully to have some of the larger crowds dying out.

ratm1221
10-21-2008, 10:07 AM
I went to vote yesterday and there was a couple in front of me (The guy was about 30 and the girl looked 40). The guy leaned over to his girlfriend and said "Who do I vote for?" She said "Vote a straight republican ticket." She then stood there with him and helped him vote at the booth to make sure he voted for who she wanted him to.

Just an observation I made yesterday.

peewee's lovechild
10-21-2008, 11:40 AM
I voted this morning.

I was going to vote yesterday, but the line was ridiculous.

There wasn't much of a line today.

peewee's lovechild
10-21-2008, 11:41 AM
You don't need the card. Just take your license with you and you're golden.

True that.

angel_luv
10-21-2008, 11:45 AM

I agree with you.

I keep hoping one of the candidates will act in a way that I could feel proud and happy about voting for him.

I am still in the "must choose the lesser of two evils" camp.

DarrinS
10-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm 99.9% sure that I don't like either candidate. And, I'm 99.9% sure that neither candidate will be able to implement their planned policies (thank God), given the current economic conditions. Both candidates are too liberal. Both candidates have a VP selection that I don't like. One VP is too inexperienced, and the other has foreign policy experience, but that experience wasn't positive (voted against Gulf War? WTF?).

So, I'm somewhat leaning toward Obama. But, I feel as good about that decision as I do about getting a vasectomy. I know I have to do it, but I don't like the idea of a knife being anywhere near my balls.

angel_luv
10-21-2008, 12:05 PM
I do not trust Senator Obama at all. I think he is dangerous.
Can I prove that he is? No.
But that is what concerns me. I think Senator Obama has ulterior motives and is such a good liar that he will fool the majority of the world before being finally found out.

That said, there would be no one more happier than myself if I were proven wrong. I just don't expect to be.

Senator McCain has not impressed me as a candidate either, but is the least disappointing choice.
I hope Senator McCain will govern in a way that I can look back and in retrospect be pleased I voted for him.

If nothing else, at least McCain is pro life, which is one thing I certainly support.

romad_20
10-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Can I prove that he is? No.
But that is what concerns me. I think Senator Obama has ulterior motives and is such a good liar that he will fool the majority of the world before being finally found out.

That said, there would be no one more happier than myself if I were proven wrong. I just don't expect to be.

I respect your opinion but I have a couple of questions. What do you think those motives are and what gave you the idea he was dangerous?

I'm asking because I don't get the feeling he is dangerous at all and I'm not even a supporter. I understand the inexperienced camp, and that is a legit concern, but I can't imagine a more unqualified person than we have currently. I just wonder where the danger comes into play. Is there some underlying feeling that he's trying to achieve some master plan of bringing the NWO or that he will turn secrets over to terrorist?

Its just a point of curiosity for me because I have had similar conversations with my friends about this point.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm going to rant here for a second and you may get some flak Angel but its nothing personal.

I am sick of the abortion issue being such a major decider in people's presidential vote. Almost everyone I talked to this weekend who was undecided but wanted to vote for Barak brought up the abortion issue. Many of them were incredibly misinformed on both candidates stances on the issue to begin with some going as far as saying at least McCain had promised to make it illegal. O Rly?

The abortion issue is completely irrelevant to a president because no president is going to be able to change it. You can go as far as to talk about possible judicial appointments but I really doubt that even many conservative judges would overturn roe v wade simply on the basis of being appointed by a Republican president. Its foolish and for me its the equivalent of voting for a president based on his shoe size.

Creepn
10-21-2008, 12:23 PM
lol Obama is dangerous? wtf.

Yes, please explain angel_luv.

ElNono
10-21-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm 99.9% sure that I don't like either candidate. And, I'm 99.9% sure that neither candidate will be able to implement their planned policies (thank God), given the current economic conditions. Both candidates are too liberal. Both candidates have a VP selection that I don't like. One VP is too inexperienced, and the other has foreign policy experience, but that experience wasn't positive (voted against Gulf War? WTF?).

So, I'm somewhat leaning toward Obama. But, I feel as good about that decision as I do about getting a vasectomy. I know I have to do it, but I don't like the idea of a knife being anywhere near my balls.

You shouldn't feel bad about picking any candidate. You see, if there's something we agree on in here is that they both suck. What we end up arguing about is who sucks more or less. Or whose guy's party sucks more or less. So, at the end of the day, actually picking one candidate should not be a concern. If you're going to have a concern, is how the fuck did we get to this point with these two dudes in the ballot.

On the lighter side, I'm glad you will be exercising your right to vote. No matter who you end up picking.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2008, 12:27 PM
And not to mention - although this is a generalization - those very same people ranting about abortion are also the ones banging the drums of war and not realizing just how many people have died in Iraq because the only figure reported is the number of Americans killed.

Don't these people value all life the same? I'm so sick of the abortion issue being brandished by both sides at this point especially when the principles applied to it are used inconsistently as hell.

DarrinS
10-21-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm going to rant here for a second and you may get some flak Angel but its nothing personal.

I am sick of the abortion issue being such a major decider in people's presidential vote. Almost everyone I talked to this weekend who was undecided but wanted to vote for Barak brought up the abortion issue. Many of them were incredibly misinformed on both candidates stances on the issue to begin with some going as far as saying at least McCain had promised to make it illegal. O Rly?

The abortion issue is completely irrelevant to a president because no president is going to be able to change it. You can go as far as to talk about possible judicial appointments but I really doubt that even many conservative judges would overturn roe v wade simply on the basis of being appointed by a Republican president. Its foolish and for me its the equivalent of voting for a president based on his shoe size.

Agreed.

ElNono
10-21-2008, 12:30 PM
When you let religion decide, you end up with:
Obama = :cooldevil

It's probably some kind of 'god given' fifth sense.

At least angel_luv is consistent. She doesn't need a reason to believe in God, and she just probably doesn't need a reason to 'sense' Obama is dangerous.

If it wouldn't be so sad, it would actually be hilarious.

Shastafarian
10-21-2008, 12:30 PM

If the issue if brought to the Supreme Court and there are more Judges who want it overturned than who don't, then it's a legitimate concern. In that case it's up to them to do what they think is within their power.

/rant

clambake
10-21-2008, 12:31 PM
angel luv is the poster child for the effectiveness of the fear campaign working.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-21-2008, 12:35 PM
I don't personally understand people that don't bother to inform themselves about the candidates and simply choose on gut feeling...

Saying you wouldn't vote for Obama because you think he is dangerous without even an explanation as to what it is exactly that you fear about the guy...

No offense to Angel, her vote is her own, but if you don't know exactly what it is you fear about Obama, how can you justify writing him off based on it? I suggest that if your vote is important to you that you get to the root of that mistrust and find out whether its legitimate or not before you make your decission.

...otherwise, just admit you are swayed primarily by the pro-life issue (which is IMO a very valid and important concern) and vote accordingly.

CuckingFunt
10-21-2008, 12:35 PM
The abortion issue is not, and likely won't ever be, THE deciding factor for me in an election. It's still important, however. As a woman, I don't know that I would be able to enthusiastically support a candidate who saw that issue differently than I did.

Also, though the arguments often get bogged down in overly simplistic pro-life vs. pro-choice rhetoric, the issue of reproductive rights goes much deeper than Roe v. Wade.

DarrinS
10-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm also sick of gay marriage as an issue.

CuckingFunt
10-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm also sick of gay marriage as an issue.

I'm sick of incredibly complex policies and issues being so overly simplified as to be "the _________ issue."

DarkReign
10-21-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm sick of incredibly complex policies and issues being so overly simplified as to be "the _________ issue."

I am sick of moral issues,period. That they are the centerpieces in politics, when in reality, they have nothing to do with taxes, war, general welfare (not the program), education or any other really important policy that actually betters our quality of life in the present and future.

Moral issues = Wedge issues. Its a political tool used to divide Americans on their inner-most convictions that have no bearing on our country or the world or its policies. The only impact moral issues have is on our souls, which cannot and will not ever be proven to exist. If they do, great. If not, oh well. Either way, it didnt lower my taxes, end a war or guarantee every American a college education.

This includes:

Gay Marriage / Civil Unions
Abortion
Stem Cell Research
Pornography
Animal Testing
Pledge of Allegiance
Prayer in School
Creationism / Intelligent Design in Schools
Drugs
etc, etc with more and more unimportant bullshit (politically speaking).

Its my opinion all moral issues should be reserved for your family's personal judgement. Your opinion on the matter should have no bearing on me, whatsoever, and vice versa.

Shastafarian
10-21-2008, 12:56 PM
I am sick of moral issues,period. That they are the centerpieces in politics, when in reality, they have nothing to do with taxes, war, general welfare (not the program), education or any other really important policy that actually betters our quality of life in the present and future.

Moral issues = Wedge issues. Its a political tool used to divide Americans on their inner-most convictions that have no bearing on our country or the world or its policies. The only impact moral issues have is on our souls, which cannot and will not ever be proven to exist. If they do, great. If not, oh well. Either way, it didnt lower my taxes, end a war or guarantee every American a college education.

This includes:

Abortion
Stem Cell Research
Pornography
Animal Testing
Pledge of Allegiance
Prayer in School
Drugs

Its my opinion all moral issues should be reserved for your family's personal judgement. Your opinion on the matter should have no bearing on me, whatsoever, and vice versa.

hmmm yeah I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on this one.

ElNono
10-21-2008, 12:59 PM
hmmm yeah I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on this one.

I think he means Stem Cell Research as a moral issue, not as a technological issue.

Shastafarian
10-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I think he means Stem Cell Research as a moral issue, not as a technological issue.

Yeah but how do you separate it when you vote?

ElNono
10-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah but how do you separate it when you vote?

The only 'side' discussed politically is the moral one. I don't think anybody argues that the technological side wouldn't be beneficial. So you just don't bring the issue up.

Shastafarian
10-21-2008, 01:06 PM
The only 'side' discussed politically is the moral one. I don't think anybody argues that the technological side wouldn't be beneficial. So you just don't bring the issue up.

That's fine in theory I guess but when there's an issue such as stem cell research you need to bring it up. I understand he's sick of the moral argument behind it but it needs to be countered in order for stem cell research to be accepted. I'm just saying I think it's an important enough issue to discuss, no matter how stupid some people may sound/be.

peewee's lovechild
10-21-2008, 01:10 PM
If nothing else, at least McCain is pro life, which is one thing I certainly support.

You see, this is what I don't get about folks like you.

Yea, he says he's pro life and what not, but he's also pro prolonging war in the Middle East . . . you know, where we go and KILL people.

That's an oxymoron, don't you think?

peewee's lovechild
10-21-2008, 01:13 PM
And not to mention - although this is a generalization - those very same people ranting about abortion are also the ones banging the drums of war and not realizing just how many people have died in Iraq because the only figure reported is the number of Americans killed.

Don't these people value all life the same? I'm so sick of the abortion issue being brandished by both sides at this point especially when the principles applied to it are used inconsistently as hell.

DarkReign
10-21-2008, 01:15 PM

Bingo. Neither side of the issue say there isnt some chance of a medical breakthru.

Anything is a moral issue if you apply this simple test, no matter the outlying factors.

The question isnt "Can we do it?"

Its actually "Should we do it?"

Hence, a moral issue.

CuckingFunt
10-21-2008, 01:19 PM

This includes:

Abortion
Stem Cell Research
Pornography
Animal Testing
Pledge of Allegiance
Prayer in School
Drugs

As long as moral issues have real impact of policy issues, as is the case with all of your examples, they will have a certain amount of importance in the political arena.

That's one of the reasons I am so bothered by the current trend toward oversimplified rhetoric. Pro-choice vs. pro-life is a moral issue, but reproductive justice isn't. "Gay marriage" is a polarizing term based on morals and beliefs, but equality in partnership/marriage benefits is an issue of policy. Pornography is subject to moral outrage, but censorship and free speech issues have bearing on everything we do. And so on.

ElNono
10-21-2008, 01:26 PM
That's fine in theory I guess but when there's an issue such as stem cell research you need to bring it up. I understand he's sick of the moral argument behind it but it needs to be countered in order for stem cell research to be accepted. I'm just saying I think it's an important enough issue to discuss, no matter how stupid some people may sound/be.

Well, I think stem cell research will be developed on other countries where this whole moral veil doesn't exist. Honestly, the US is known internationally for that kind of stupidity when it comes to politics.

Shastafarian
10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Well, I think stem cell research will be developed on other countries where this whole moral veil doesn't exist. Honestly, the US is known internationally for that kind of stupidity when it comes to politics.

Yeah I agree. And CuckingFunt said it better than I could have.

shelshor
10-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Yesterday, I took a double shot of Mylanta and then still had to hold my nose while I voted for McCain, because his package of free stuff fits me slighty better than Obama's package of free stuff
Even my usual fall back of voting for the Libertarians wasn't an option because I never have been able to stand Bob Barr

tp2021
10-21-2008, 02:59 PM
I voted. For the first time.

DarkReign
10-21-2008, 03:48 PM
As long as moral issues have real impact of policy issues, as is the case with all of your examples, they will have a certain amount of importance in the political arena.

That's one of the reasons I am so bothered by the current trend toward oversimplified rhetoric. Pro-choice vs. pro-life is a moral issue, but reproductive justice isn't. "Gay marriage" is a polarizing term based on morals and beliefs, but equality in partnership/marriage benefits is an issue of policy. Pornography is subject to moral outrage, but censorship and free speech issues have bearing on everything we do. And so on.

Hmmm, good damn point(s).

Viva Las Espuelas
10-21-2008, 03:56 PM
You see, this is what I don't get about folks like you.

Yea, he says he's pro life and what not, but he's also pro prolonging war in the Middle East . . . you know, where we go and KILL people.

That's an oxymoron, don't you think?
i'll let angel answer that, but if we cut and run from the middle east today will everything and everybody over there be magically turned around? do you think just leaving will solve all of our and other country's ills related to that region?

peewee's lovechild
10-21-2008, 03:59 PM
i'll let angel answer that, but if we cut and run from the middle east today will everything and everybody over there be magically turned around? do you think just leaving will solve all of our and other country's ills related to that region?

Who the fuck cares?

Oil is the only reason we're there.

If you don't understand that, you're down right stupider than I thought you could possibly be.

Let the Middle East go to shit.

Let Israel defend and protect itself as it sees fit.

There's no reason to waste one more American life out there.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Who the fuck cares?

Oil is the only reason we're there.

If you don't understand that, you're down right stupider than I thought you could possibly be.

Let the Middle East go to shit.

Let Israel defend and protect itself as it sees fit.

There's no reason to waste one more American life out there.
no answers to be seen just questions. i guess i'll check back later.

peewee's lovechild
10-21-2008, 04:31 PM
no answers to be seen just questions. i guess i'll check back later.

What questions.

God damn, you're painfully stupid.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2008, 04:43 PM
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/Msalgado80/ballot.jpg

I voted.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-21-2008, 04:46 PM

I voted.

isn't there some sort of law against doing this?

MannyIsGod
10-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Against taking pictures or voting for Barack Obama? I'm fairly certain both are legal.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Against taking pictures or voting for Barack Obama? I'm fairly certain both are legal.
about taking pictures. colin powell was fairly certain about wmd's as well.

ElNono
10-21-2008, 05:09 PM

We're providing an unnatural balance to that region. And it will be unnatural until we leave. When we do leave, there will be a period of turmoil, followed by stabilization. It'll probably be a shithole, just like it was before we got there.
But staying there only delays the same outcome. And it's a matter of time before we actually leave, so might aswell get it over with.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2008, 05:10 PM
about taking pictures. colin powell was fairly certain about wmd's as well.

:lol

Well I'll let you know if my picture gets us into a middle eastern boondoggle or if police show up at my door. I took several pictures in the polling place and no election worker ever said anything and I don't know under what basis taking a picture of your own ballot would ever make it illegal.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2008, 05:11 PM
We're providing an unnatural balance to that region. And it will be unnatural until we leave. When we do leave, there will be a period of turmoil, followed by stabilization. It'll probably be a shithole, just like it was before we got there.
But staying there only delays the same outcome. And it's a matter of time before we actually leave, so might aswell get it over with.

If we achieved energy independence tomorrow we'd pull out of Iraq by the next day and no one would give a shit if the Sunni's and Shiites went to war with each other for the next 30 years.

ElNono
10-21-2008, 05:15 PM
If we achieved energy independence tomorrow we'd pull out of Iraq by the next day and no one would give a shit if the Sunni's and Shiites went to war with each other for the next 30 years.

Depends. I don't think it's only tied with Oil. I do think one of the major reasons is Oil, but i also think the neocons thought that being at a close distance to Iran was also good idea. If Cheney would have had another term, we would be all over Iran sooner than later.
That's why I want a pullout as soon as possible. Should we get another neocon in power soon, I don't even want them to think about starting another lame war.

ploto
10-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Being truly pro-life goes far beyond the issue of abortion, and neither party supports all issues of life.

What I can never understand are the people who care so much about unborn babies but couldn't care less about them once they are born and have basic issues of quality of life.

ploto
10-21-2008, 06:04 PM
I do not trust Senator Obama at all. I think he is dangerous.

More dangerous than a president who lied about the reason to go to war and sacrificed the lives of our young men and women?

I guess the smear campaign still works on some people.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Being truly pro-life goes far beyond the issue of abortion, and neither party supports all issues of life.

What I can never understand are the people who care so much about unborn babies but couldn't care less about them once they are born and have basic issues of quality of life.

It is rather amazing to me that most evangelicals aren't ardently democratic. That the GOP gets them all on issues like Abortion and Gay Marriage really is amazing.

ElNono
10-21-2008, 06:27 PM
More dangerous than a president who lied about the reason to go to war and sacrificed the lives of our young men and women?

I guess the smear campaign still works on some people.

Now that she spouted her position, I know for a fact she's dangerous.

Hook Dem
10-21-2008, 06:54 PM

I voted.

I voted too Manny and I cancelled out your vote!:lmao

MannyIsGod
10-21-2008, 07:01 PM
I voted too Manny and I cancelled out your vote!:lmao

:lmao

God damn it.

Mr. Peabody
10-21-2008, 07:32 PM
:lmao

God damn it.

On the Daily Kos there was this lady talking about how she took a picture of her screen like you did. She did it because she wanted proof of how she voted in case the final screen showed McCain and she had to get the poll worker to change it. Anyway, she said that the guy in the next station heard her taking a picture and started yelling, accusing her, in front of everyone, of voter fraud. His allegation was that there is scheme where people are paid to vote a certain way, but they have to take a picture of their screen in order to get paid.

The poll worker told the man, like you already know, that there's nothing illegal about taking pictures at the voting station.

PixelPusher
10-21-2008, 07:35 PM
"straight party" vote?

what a craptacular mix of partisanship and laziness.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2008, 07:55 PM
"straight party" vote?

what a craptacular mix of partisanship and laziness.

I thought about cropping it out because I knew there would be some asshat who decided to make a comment about it. I did not vote straight ticket but I used it to expedite my selections since most where Democrat and there were long lines at the polling site.

But no really, thanks for the judgmental comment because I'm sure you've been far more active this election season than I have and thus have such a moral high ground from which to look down upon me.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2008, 07:59 PM
On the Daily Kos there was this lady talking about how she took a picture of her screen like you did. She did it because she wanted proof of how she voted in case the final screen showed McCain and she had to get the poll worker to change it. Anyway, she said that the guy in the next station heard her taking a picture and started yelling, accusing her, in front of everyone, of voter fraud. His allegation was that there is scheme where people are paid to vote a certain way, but they have to take a picture of their screen in order to get paid.

The poll worker told the man, like you already know, that there's nothing illegal about taking pictures at the voting station.

Yeah I'm not sure what grounds anyone would have for making taking a picture of your own ballot illegal.

hitmanyr2k
10-21-2008, 08:15 PM

I've always had this thought as well. The Republican supporters are pro-life blah blah blah but as soon as that single mom out there needs financial help in raising that kid they're bitching and moaning about their taxes going to "handouts" and social programs.

Mr. Peabody
10-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Voted today at the Bexar County Courthouse. It was kind of dead when I was there at 9:00am.

MannyIsGod
10-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Voted today at the Bexar County Courthouse. It was kind of dead when I was there at 9:00am.

I wonder how big of a drop off we'll see in numbers today? EV numbers are usually biggest on the first 2 days and the last 2 days.

florige
10-22-2008, 03:41 PM

I wonder who that man was voting for?:lol

SpursFanFirst
10-31-2008, 05:29 PM
I finally got out to vote today, and I "only" stood in line for 2 hours...but at least it's done!

http://www.printelectstore.com/images/T/Printelect---I-Voted-Today.gif

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 05:34 PM
The page for city council chairs where it was all DEMs threw me off my game for a second there.

doobs
10-31-2008, 06:02 PM
I voted today. It was so easy and fast--I think I'll go again on Monday.

SpursFanFirst
10-31-2008, 06:03 PM
The page for city council chairs where it was all DEMs threw me off my game for a second there.

Are you in SA?

SpursFanFirst
10-31-2008, 06:03 PM
I voted today. It was so easy and fast--I think I'll go again on Monday.

How long did it take you?

doobs
10-31-2008, 06:12 PM
How long did it take you?

I walked up to show my DL, got a piece of paper with a code, and walked to the machine. No waiting at all. In and out in 5 minutes. Travis County Courthouse.

SpursFanFirst
10-31-2008, 06:24 PM
I walked up to show my DL, got a piece of paper with a code, and walked to the machine. No waiting at all. In and out in 5 minutes. Travis County Courthouse.

:wow Do you know how many places are open for early voting in Austin?

There are only 3 in the entire city of Indianapolis. It's crazy!

The Franchise
10-31-2008, 06:27 PM
I finally voted yesterday. I was surprised it only took an hour and a half.

CubanMustGo
10-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Voted Wednesday morning in Wilco. Five minutes. Hooray for making it easy.

Then I'll take a couple of hours off from work on Tuesday to "vote." Yeh I like that.

shelshor
10-31-2008, 07:57 PM
:wow Do you know how many places are open for early voting in Austin?

There are only 3 in the entire city of Indianapolis. It's crazy!

http://www.co.travis.tx.us/county_clerk/election/20081104/early_polls.pdf

SpursFanFirst
10-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks, Shelshor

That's insane to think they had a dozen or so places, and we had 3 in the whole city...but then again, our clerk is always screwing elections up here, so.... :depressed

PEP
10-31-2008, 09:40 PM

I voted.

LOL....you were the retard I saw taking that picture? I was like, what the fuck is that fat dumbass doing taking a picture of the screen, I figured it was your first time voting.

Make sure you post a pic of when you finally get laid too.

PM5K
10-31-2008, 11:13 PM
I voted ;-)

Trainwreck2100
10-31-2008, 11:20 PM
i voted tuesday