PDA

View Full Version : Bought Myself A Present!

duncan228
10-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Had to share. :elephant Thanks for humoring me. :)

They were $60. from adidas, they sold out before I could get one. Found it on ebay last week for $19.95! It just got here and I'm thrilled. It's perfect for the weather here.

Still waiting on his new shoes though, adidas shipped me Dwight Howard's in a Duncan box! :lmao

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan/jacket.jpg

1Parker1
10-20-2008, 04:12 PM
:lol That looks very long, hopefully you're tall?

J/K It's a very cute jacket, and the fact that you got it at a bargain price makes it even better!! :tu :)

duncan228
10-20-2008, 04:16 PM
:lol That looks very long, hopefully you're tall?

J/K It's a very cute jacket, and the fact that you got it at a bargain price makes it even better!! :tu :)

I'm just over 6' so I appreciate the length.

The price was sweet. There were no bids and I happen to fall into the last couple of hours of it. I bid the minimum and walked away with it.

tp2021
10-20-2008, 04:22 PM

The price was sweet. There were no bids and I happen to fall into the last couple of hours of it. I bid the minimum and walked away with it.

That's just boss. Do you have to send the shoes back? You should say you got the box with nothing in them :)

Spurs Brazil
10-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Great

Allanon
10-20-2008, 04:42 PM

They were $60. from adidas, they sold out before I could get one. Found it on ebay last week for $19.95! It just got here and I'm thrilled. It's perfect for the weather here.

Still waiting on his new shoes though, adidas shipped me Dwight Howard's in a Duncan box! :lmao

Your Duncan fetish is incurable you know. :toast

Fermixalot
10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
smooth... and I wish I was 6'0... and had a reason to wear a jacket.

Damn Texas and its two seasons: Summer and December.

duncan228
10-20-2008, 04:57 PM
That's just boss. Do you have to send the shoes back? You should say you got the box with nothing in them :)

The Howard's are ugly. :lol

It's actually turned into an event for me. The inside cover of the box has Duncan's autograph with his adidas line "Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back", and "Impossible is nothing". It's all handwritten and I can't find any info on whether it's a promotion and all the boxes will have it or if it's by chance real. (Be still my heart. :lol)

I wouldn't send the box back until I know what it is. The replacement pair should be here tomorrow, and adidas is sending a postage paid return label for the Howard's.

If the new box doesn't have the autograph I'll know I did the right thing.

It's strange because no one in adidas' promo department could tell me anything about it. I'm still waiting on a call back.

I did find this though, adidas did a promotion with Garnett for the Finals last year. My box is the same thing only with Duncan.

Inside of shoe box was personally Autograped by KG along with his signature statement.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp/garnettautobox.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290263215079&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Knowing these promotions are set up in advance I'm wondering if adidas had Duncan sign too, he and Garnett would have been the only ones in adidas' crew that would have had a chance to make the Finals last year. It was a limited production, at most only 56 pairs would have been made. That's only 56 boxes that would have been signed. (The Garnett's ended up being 48, 8 pairs for each Final's game).

I know...It's got to be a copy. But I can dream. :)

Oh, and KEDA, if you're out there...Do you know anything about this? :)

duncan228
10-20-2008, 04:59 PM
is yours this shiny (http://cgi.ebay.com/MENS-ADIDAS-TIM-DUNCAN-CLIMALITE-JACKET-COAT-XL-NWT_W0QQitemZ360099714867QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item3 60099714867&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)?

That's it, but it doesn't look that shiny in person. Maybe it's a camera flash. It's really nice, I recommend it. I know you'll love it. :) (BTW, how are you?)

duncan228
10-20-2008, 05:00 PM

It has been for years. And I have no interest in a cure. :)

angel_luv
10-20-2008, 05:02 PM

Awesome jacket. I am happy for you that you found it and at such a great price too! :)

duncan228
10-20-2008, 05:12 PM
I am going! yours must be XL as well? fits well for 6 footer?

I have been good, busy with work of course. Trying to get back into the project.

The fit and the length are great.

PM me when you get back into the project.

mob
10-20-2008, 06:24 PM
nice

lefty
10-20-2008, 06:31 PM

Yeah I'm really worried about her :(

But she might not like seeing Duncan with a Lakers jersey; change your sig man :D

jcrod
10-20-2008, 08:18 PM

Damn you tall for a girl!

The top looks too much like a bra to me, otherwise nice jacket.

duncan228
10-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Damn you tall for a girl!

I was almost 6'2 at my tallest. A back injury lost me over an inch.

The top looks too much like a bra to me, otherwise nice jacket.

I see what you mean, it's the way the silver goes over the back. It's down the sleeves too, and it's that mesh clima-cool stuff.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan/jacket3.jpg

carina_gino20
10-20-2008, 08:33 PM
You're tall. :)

Did you play basketball before?

duncan228
10-20-2008, 08:35 PM
You're tall. :)

Did you play basketball before?

Not for real. I was begged by the women's college coach, the tallest player was 5'10. The coach used to come up into the stands to ask me if I'd play. :lol

remingtonbo2001
10-20-2008, 08:36 PM
The Howard's are ugly. :lol

It's actually turned into an event for me. The inside cover of the box has Duncan's autograph with his adidas line "Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back", and "Impossible is nothing". It's all handwritten and I can't find any info on whether it's a promotion and all the boxes will have it or if it's by chance real. (Be still my heart. :lol)

I wouldn't send the box back until I know what it is. The replacement pair should be here tomorrow, and adidas is sending a postage paid return label for the Howard's.

If the new box doesn't have the autograph I'll know I did the right thing.

It's strange because no one in adidas' promo department could tell me anything about it. I'm still waiting on a call back.

I did find this though, adidas did a promotion with Garnett for the Finals last year. My box is the same thing only with Duncan.

Knowing these promotions are set up in advance I'm wondering if adidas had Duncan sign too, he and Garnett would have been the only ones in adidas' crew that would have had a chance to make the Finals last year. It was a limited production, at most only 56 pairs would have been made. That's only 56 boxes that would have been signed. (The Garnett's ended up being 48, 8 pairs for each Final's game).

I know...It's got to be a copy. But I can dream. :)

Oh, and KEDA, if you're out there...Do you know anything about this? :)

Is the "WE NOT ME" in the same handwriting as the Garnett signiture?

If not, it may be authentic. Who knows? If it is, consider yourself blessed, because had they shipped the right pair, it may not have been in the boxed you recieved.

Anyways, cool jacket. I hope you enjoy your shoes as well. :)

duncan228
10-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Is the "WE NOT ME" in the same handwriting as the Garnett signiture?

The writing on mine isn't the same as on Garnett's. I'll see if I can post a pic of it.

If not, it may be authentic. Who knows? If it is, consider yourself blessed, because had they shipped the right pair, it may not have been in the boxed you recieved.

I thought the same thing. Maybe there's a reason I got the wrong shoes but I got this box.

It's a keepsake to me even if it's a copy for a promotion. But I'd like to know. If it's real it obviously will mean much more to me.

Anyways, cool jacket. I hope you enjoy your shoes as well. :)

Thanks. :)

I hope it's the Duncan's in the next box. :lol

angel_luv
10-20-2008, 08:53 PM
I hope it's the Duncan's in the next box. :lol

For twenty bucks- talk about a bargain! :lol

duncan228
10-20-2008, 09:15 PM
The inside cover of the box:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan/duncanboxauto.jpg

duncan228
10-20-2008, 09:17 PM
For twenty bucks- talk about a bargain! :lol

Sorry for the confusion Angel. The jacket was $20. The shoes, with the possible autograph, were $100.

tp2021
10-20-2008, 09:20 PM
duncan228 is the boss.

DawgMilkX
10-20-2008, 09:58 PM
I have that jacket with matching pants. I bought the jacket from ebay also but found the pants at an Adidas outlet for $25. I love them. I got the shoes of ebay for $30 but they are tight which sucks but oh well. Where did you find the shoes with the autographed box? I was trying to find them on adidas.com but to no avail.

duncan228
10-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Where did you find the shoes with the autographed box? I was trying to find them on adidas.com but to no avail.

adidas.com has the new Duncan's on an early release. They're called TS Commander. Try here:

http://www.shopadidas.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3155270

Let me know if you get a box with an autograph.

DawgMilkX
10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
adidas.com has the new Duncan's on an early release. They're called TS Commander. Try here:

http://www.shopadidas.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3155270

Let me know if your box has the autograph.

Awesome!! Thanks!

angel_luv
10-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Sorry for the confusion Angel. The jacket was $20. The shoes, with the possible autograph, were $100.

:lol Timmy in the mail for $100 bucks is a bargain as well.

The autograph on the box looks like Timmy's. I hope it proves handwritten. I know that would mean a lot to you. :)

duncan228
10-20-2008, 10:16 PM
:lol Timmy in the mail for $100 bucks is a bargain as well.

The autograph on the box looks like Timmy's. I hope it proves handwritten. I know that would mean a lot to you. :)

Thanks Angel. It would mean the world to me. :)

The whole thing looks real, the way the marker bumps on the cardboard, but I can't find any proof. I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm waiting for adidas to tell me what it is, just so I know.

angel_luv
10-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks Angel. It would mean the world to me. :)

The whole thing looks real, the way the marker bumps on the cardboard, but I can't find any proof. I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm waiting for adidas to tell me what it is, just so I know.

Believe :)

DawgMilkX
10-20-2008, 10:22 PM
A few years back I bought an autographed Tim Duncan Cereal box on ebay with the Loa from the Cereal Company that made the Slam Duncans cereal. My favorite of all time. I think only 21 were signed and thought $50 was a steal for it. Also bought a Wake Forest replica floor plaque with his auto on it. Hopefully my trip to San Antonio I can get an in person with him. Never able to get it in NJ at the Nets game. I have a bunch of Ginobili in persons an and Bowens but the one I really want is Tim Duncan.

ShoogarBear
10-20-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm just over 6'

Fortunately, there's no way that little tidbit of information will ever come up again.

boutons_
10-20-2008, 10:26 PM

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan/jacket.jpg

Looks like Madonna wearing her bra on the outside.

Brutalis
10-21-2008, 12:41 AM

Way to make me fucking puke with your sig.

And P, nice find on eBay girl!