PDA

View Full Version : You think Eddy Curry could be a Spur?

DuncanMVP
02-15-2005, 04:43 PM
EC will ask for a max contract during the off season and the Bulls cant afford that. They also dont want him to go to free agency and gain nothing for him leaving

So the only way the Bulls will get anything out of him if he were to be traded. Earlier in the season the Spurs tossed the idea to the Bulls for a Rasho/Curry trade

could happen...

Streakyshooter08
02-15-2005, 04:47 PM
I don't know why but I am pretty sure it won't happen...

usckk
02-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I can guarentee it will not happen. The Spurs don't want to trade Rasho. Trust me.

T Park
02-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Sure, bring in an underachieving overweight player.

Eddy Curry Issac Austin.

Get a new platform jacko.

ducks
02-15-2005, 04:53 PM
I would rather have chandler
spurs will not pay manu,tp, duncan and curry the max
spurs are not the knicks

DuncanMVP
02-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Sure, bring in an underachieving overweight player.

Eddy Curry Issac Austin.

Get a new platform jacko.

chill out, it was a theory

T Park
02-15-2005, 05:01 PM
And I countered the theory.

Its already been brought up, Rasho is not going anywhere, Curry isnt worth that godly amount of money.

That simple.

smeagol
02-15-2005, 05:03 PM
spurs are not the knicks
Since when is $52MM and $66MM the max?

baseline bum
02-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Eddy Curry looks to be in very good shape this year... at least, in comparison to how I've seen him in the past. When I watched a Bulls game a month ago I was shocked to see Curry about half the size I remember him from before. He looks like he'll be a hell of a low-post scorer, but I don't think he'd ever fit in with the Spurs.

1 - he's still a shitty rebounder
2 - he needs to be in the post and there's no way I want to take the ball out of Duncan's hands down low
3 - he's the ultimate black hole on offense... think of him as Rose^5.. I think I can count the number of times I've seen him pass the ball on one hand

T Park
02-15-2005, 05:12 PM
That an whats the garuntee he will stay in shape.

Issac Austin reincarnated.

Brodels
02-15-2005, 05:13 PM
EC will ask for a max contract during the off season and the Bulls cant afford that. They also dont want him to go to free agency and gain nothing for him leaving

So the only way the Bulls will get anything out of him if he were to be traded. Earlier in the season the Spurs tossed the idea to the Bulls for a Rasho/Curry trade

could happen...

I'm not so sure that the Bulls can't afford a max deal. It's going to come down to whether they believe Curry is worth that much. If they think he is, they'll pay it.

The Bulls are in a tough spot. Curry has shown flashes of brilliance, he's big, and he's young. People drool over that combination of things. He hasn't shown that he can get it done consistently and motivation may be a problem for him. If your the Bulls, you know that someone is going to overpay him in the offseason based on potential. But if the Bulls pay him too much, they could be stuck with a very bad long term contract. It will be interesting to see what they do.

I think they should trade him. I think they can get more than Rasho for him though. For all of Curry's faults, he still better than Rasho and has quite an upside.

Spurminator
02-15-2005, 05:14 PM
I can't see anyone giving him the max, honestly... But if someone did, I'm sure the Bulls could work a sign and trade to at least get something in return.

ducks
02-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Since when is $52MM and $66MM the max?
it is not
but they are not going to pay those contract plus another max contract

for those wanting kidd or even oneal it was either one of those or manu

spurs do not have deep deep pockets.

Nikos
02-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Curry is this generations Kevin Duckworth so far.

Duckworth was overatted IMO, but was a servicable center with a big body on a very good team in Portland.

Eddy Curry is not on a great team and has not improved much over the past few years, so he gets his share of detractors.

I still think he has potential to be a very good player in this league, but he will have to start showing some growth in the next 2 years to live up to being an All Star Calibur Center for the future.

milkyway21
02-15-2005, 08:22 PM
actually, i think i read a column(foxsports?), yesterday saying the bulls is thinking of trading Curry....

ZStomp
02-15-2005, 08:27 PM
spurs are not the knicks

The problem with that: TP and Manu are NOT getting paid MAX dollars.

DuncanMVP
02-15-2005, 08:35 PM
The problem with that: TP and Manu are NOT getting paid MAX dollars.

on ESPN's power rankings they said that the Spurs will try to get a new big man

Jdspur20
02-15-2005, 08:44 PM
i would consider rasho for chandler, but no way would i want curry, rasho is much better of a center than curry is.

DuncanMVP
02-15-2005, 08:46 PM
i would consider rasho for chandler, but no way would i want curry, rasho is much better of a center than curry is.

on the defensuve end yes...on the offensive end hell no

xcoriate
02-15-2005, 09:34 PM
I thought rasho for chandler was the deal offered... not curry

As for him being slim this year...

two words, CONTRACT YEAR

Guru of Nothing
02-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Curry is the next Oliver Miller, except that Oliver Miller showed a few more flashes of talent. Night in, night out, he is the 5th leading rebounder on the Bulls.

Not for a second would I want the Spurs to pay Curry his market value - not even half.

indianspur
02-15-2005, 10:24 PM
he would be fit for the spurs ft% wise....

sickdsm
02-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Funny, this got brought up months ago and i mentioned that Chandler will be a much better risk than Curry. And i got chided for it. Less Artest-esqe and more versatile, PF/C. Plus i think he's a better defender.

milkyway21
02-15-2005, 11:17 PM
curry just killed the Kings. and why is Chandler not playing tonight? is he on IL?

ducks
02-15-2005, 11:19 PM
chandler traded?

Guru of Nothing
02-15-2005, 11:34 PM
curry just killed the Kings.

blind squirrel .... acorns .... etc, etc.

milkyway21
02-16-2005, 09:34 PM
blind squirrel .... acorns .... etc, etc.25 pts and 12 rbds AND A WIN doesn't mean NOTHING... :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :

exstatic
02-16-2005, 09:41 PM
I can't see anyone giving him the max, honestly... But if someone did, I'm sure the Bulls could work a sign and trade to at least get something in return.

For RFAs, the "home" team has only two options, match, or let go. If you're thinking of GHill, EJ, or BGrant, they were all unrestricted, and had some leverage in not having to sign an offer sheet.

exstatic
02-16-2005, 09:42 PM
25 pts and 12 rbds AND A WIN doesn't mean NOTHING...

Not until it happens on a consistant basis. I'll repeat the adage from above:
Every blind squirrel finds and acorn once in a while.

Rick Von Braun
02-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Curry is the next Oliver Miller, except that Oliver Miller showed a few more flashes of talent. Night in, night out, he is the 5th leading rebounder on the Bulls.

Not for a second would I want the Spurs to pay Curry his market value - not even half.
Right on the money!

Couldn't have said it better :fro

Horrible rebounder. His basketball IQ from 0 to 10 is -7. Stay away from him, please!

Guru of Nothing
02-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Looks like Edie scored 25 points again last night. Pardon me if I'm not impressed because he pulled in an embarrasing 2 (say it with me - one, two) stinkin' rebounds in 34 minutes of play last night.

He's Baby Shaq like Harold Minor was Baby Jordan.

Guru of Nothing
02-17-2005, 10:17 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/EdEddEddy.gif

Eddy (yellow shirt) Blames Rebounding Woes on Missing Fingers.

T Park
02-17-2005, 11:17 PM
lmao^^^^