PDA

View Full Version : Wizards Waive DerMarr Johnson, Linton Johnson

SenorSpur
10-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Something of interest to Spurs fans.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54995/20081021/wizards_waive_dermarr_johnson_linton_johnson/

Washington Wizards' President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the team has waived forwards DerMarr Johnson and Linton Johnson. DerMarr Johnson appeared in five preseason games for Washington and averaged 8.8 points in 19.6 minutes per game. Linton Johnson appeared in four preseason games as a Wizard and averaged 1.3 points in 12.8 minutes per game. Both players originally signed with Washington on September 22, 2008. The Wizards' roster now stands at 15.

phxspurfan
10-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Isn't Linton Johnson a solid end-of-bench SF? I saw him play some garbage minutes last year and he didn't seem half terrible.

Dex
10-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Isn't Linton Johnson a solid end-of-bench SF? I saw him play some garbage minutes last year and he didn't seem half terrible.

He had a brief stint in San Antonio in which some hoped he would prove to be an heir apparent to Bruce Bowen.

Instead he broke his foot (if I remember correctly) and quickly found the bench, then the doghouse, then the door.

TDMVPDPOY
10-21-2008, 09:06 PM
demarr still cant get a job? dude 8.8ppg is good enough ....

Darkwaters
10-21-2008, 10:07 PM

Linton is an excellent bench player. The Hornets pulled a trade for Marc Jackson a few years ago and got him as a toss in. But with injuries to several of their wing players he had to play big minutes in a game for them just hours after being traded. He ended up with a double double on a solid night. He played the rest of that season and then one more with the Hornets as a key bench reserve. Then he fell off the map. The Spurs should definitely sign him. He can rebound, defend and hit the 3 when open.

SenorSpur
10-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Linton is an excellent bench player. The Hornets pulled a trade for Marc Jackson a few years ago and got him as a toss in. But with injuries to several of their wing players he had to play big minutes in a game for them just hours after being traded. He ended up with a double double on a solid night. He played the rest of that season and then one more with the Hornets as a key bench reserve. Then he fell off the map. The Spurs should definitely sign him. He can rebound, defend and hit the 3 when open.

Exactly! His game has developed a bit more than when he was with the Spurs during the 2005 championship season. He would be an ideal bench/role player for this team.

T Park
10-21-2008, 11:27 PM
If they can't make the Wizard's roster........

Darkwaters
10-21-2008, 11:34 PM

All I know is what I saw with the Hornets...and that was worthwhile.

SenorSpur
10-21-2008, 11:42 PM

We don't know their roster circumstances.

tp2021
10-22-2008, 01:38 AM
We don't know their roster circumstances.

Yeah. Their center, Brendan Haywood, may miss the next 4-6 months.
http://dcprosportsreport.com/?p=1472
So they don't need a SF or SG. They need a bigman.

Bonner?
:stirpot: