PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota to trade Sprewell!

MaNuMaNiAc
02-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Is it me, or are they just making one FUCKED UP mistake after another!!

I guess Spree's childcare bill proved too much for Minnesota!! LOL
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1990993

Brodels
02-15-2005, 08:10 PM
That would be a great move for them.

It's no secret that Spree has been a malcontent this season with his complaining over and over again about his contract. He doesn't look motivated and it appears that he's lost a step.

Spree and Sam are bad apples. They kept their mouths shut last season, but trouble follows them everywhere they go.

If Spree isn't the same player that he used to be, and it appears that he isn't, he isn't worth the headaches.

Wally's been the better player this season, and he's the likely swing scorer of the future for that team. He needs more opportunities.

If Minny can get some talent for Spree's expiring contract, they'll be better off. They certainly aren't going to pay him what he wants in the offseason. Then again, nobody else is going to pay him that much either.

DuncanMVP
02-15-2005, 08:17 PM
it's no news they want Spree/Sam out but who is dumb enough to give anything up for them?

RobinsontoDuncan
02-15-2005, 08:28 PM
i would give glen robinson for spree, i mean Robinson has sat out the season to avoid playing for the sixers, that's getting something for nothing

Experiment2100
02-15-2005, 08:33 PM
The deal fell through.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Glenn Robinson *and* Willie Green for rickety old Spree? McHale must be taking bong hits these days too.

Spurs_rock05
02-15-2005, 09:22 PM
The deal fell through.

THEY ARE STUPID FUCKS HAHAHAHAHAHHA :lol :lol

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2005, 09:25 PM
I thought it was pretty funny that Philly only balked at the deal when McHale asked for Green as a throw in. The cost of losing the albatross that is Sprewell is apparently paid only in guys who can't contribute in any way, shape or form, like Big Dog circa 2003-2005.

milkyway21
02-15-2005, 09:26 PM
really!

BTW, some think L.A. forget about Phil, shld sign Flip for that Lakers' coaching job & try to lure KG to play alongside Kobe...

1Parker1
02-15-2005, 10:16 PM
^^That's be interesting, KG and Kobe on the same team? Both ball hoggers....the rest of the team would probably get 20 shots total between them.

sickdsm
02-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Your one retarded loser. Do you have any knowledge of the game? Apparently not. The only knock on KG is/has been is that he's not SELFISH enough. 6 dimes a game? Over 50% FG?

That's a rediculous comment about luring KG. There was an article but it was from Charley Walters of the SPPP and it was laughable. This is Kev's team. He signed his contract, maybe if 5/6 years, whatever it is he might shop FA again but no way in hell would he demand a trade. The article in question even suggested a trade for Devean George, bc he's a Mpls native even though he stated he doesn't want to play in MN, and SOMETHING ELSE WOULD HAVE TO BE ADDED. Yeah that's right, KG for devean george and OTHERS. That's how rediculous that article was.

Flip in LA wouldn't be a good match.

1. Zone defense under Flip led to lack of rebounding. Even with the best rebounder in the world, team rebounding was horrid.

2. Shot blocking. Since it was zone alot of time it allowed Kev, a great defender to play free safety in/around the paint. LA doesn't have a prescence like him.

3. Offense. One of the best teams year in and year out in assists. That means other people have to score. That's fine and dandy when its Kobe kicking it out to Atkins for a three or Odom to Kobe but the whole team needs to be fluent in passing AND jump shots.

4. Shot selection. Flips teams have always been jumpshooting teams. Kobe and Odom were supposed to lead the young athletic lakers into a run and gun offense. Do you really want Slava trying to knock down 15-18 footers?

5. Coaching. Flip has been a laidback players coach. I hated him for the fact that KG dictated the game, Flip did not have balls to take him out or other things that may step on the players feet. You might as well keep an interim head coach bc Kobe will end up running that team like usaual anyway.

6. Kobe. Flip designs complex offensive sets with multiple backpicks, fake picks, and decoys almost every play called. Its been known that its complex enough for a player to take extremely longer than usual becoming comfortable with it. Does Kobe have patience to run these plays and watch lesser players around him screw up and STILL stick with it?

I'd rather keep Spree. He at least TRIES defensively. Robinson admits not even trying defensively.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Spare us Sick.

If KG were a real leader he wouldn't have let things get so bad in Minny. When has Tim ever let the Spurs deteriorate to the level that KG has?

milkyway21
02-15-2005, 11:30 PM
just 9 pts. tonight? it's about time..

ducks
02-15-2005, 11:32 PM
he did have 7 rebounds

sickdsm
02-16-2005, 08:57 AM
A bad game suddenly makes him selfish?

He never has been. Its REDICULOUS to put that tag on him, even for just one night.

Way to argue Agggie, avoid the subject at hand.

Useruser666
02-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Do you think he should punch his teammates more or less to motivate them?

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Way to argue Agggie, avoid the subject at hand.

This thread is about a possible Sprewell trade. The Sprewell trade is necessitated by Minnesota's poor play, which has come about, according to most observers, by a lack of cohesion within that team. If you can look at the mess that the Timberwolves have become and NOT begin to wonder about KG's leadership, you have to be a blind homer. That bears a direct relationship to the subject at hand.

I think AHF's point here is brilliant and right on topic.

. . . . and as you try to explain that one away, why not answer useruser's question while you're at it.

sickdsm
02-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Rickert wasn't a teamate. I'd probably punch him too just for the fact that the franchise wasted a draft pick on a notalent loser just for the fact that he was homegrown.

I commented on the Sprewell trade. Still waiting for someone to disagree with me what an idiotic thing to say about KG being selfish, that's right, you can't.

KG's knee has been bothering him for quite a while, you can see that mainly on his rebounding, he doesn't volley for the ball much anymore.

T Park
02-16-2005, 08:41 PM
you never answered the question Sick.

God are you a politician?

Jesse Ventura, IS THAT YOU!!!!

BTW, where is the national guard you were gonna bust out in 99 for the Spurs.

sickdsm
02-16-2005, 08:47 PM
No, he shouldn't punch teamates, he never has either.

Answer my question now.

sickdsm
02-16-2005, 08:48 PM
BTW, have you seen how Ventura looks lately?