PDA

View Full Version : Kobe with hyperextended knee...

tlongII
10-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Apparently he collided with one of the Charlotte players. Wonder if he'll be ready for the season opener?...

IronMexican
10-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Lol, hyper extension is nothing. Wasn't even carted off. Then again, it wasn't an elbow injury.

TheMACHINE
10-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Kobe lookked pissed when he came back out wearing street clothes. He told John Ireland that he dont want to talk about it....hmmmmm

Medvedenko
10-21-2008, 10:59 PM
He's fine....and who cares about a meaningless opening game...oh yeah Blazer fans....

tlongII
10-21-2008, 11:01 PM
He's fine....and who cares about a meaningless opening game...oh yeah Blazer fans....

Oh, now it's meaningless? Gotcha... :lol

Medvedenko
10-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Oh, now it's meaningless? Gotcha... :lol

Blazers could win all 4 match ups this season and it wouldn't mean anything. Give your boys a few more years in seasoning and then we can talk.

tlongII
10-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Blazers could win all 4 match ups this season and it wouldn't mean anything. Give your boys a few more years in seasoning and then we can talk.

There's no time like the present brah!

Medvedenko
10-21-2008, 11:11 PM

I hear ya....no worries bro, just a little trash talking prior to the season. Seriously, your blazers look hot and I hope they do well honestly.

tlongII
10-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Looking forward to some epic clashes! :toast

IronMexican
10-21-2008, 11:13 PM

Totally, brah!

Xylus
10-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Excuse me while I vomit.

Medvedenko
10-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Excuse me while I vomit.

What's wrong....it's all good buddy. Well, you're a sun's fan...so not so good really.

TheMACHINE
10-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Excuse me while I vomit.

im with the crazy suns fan

Matchman
10-21-2008, 11:33 PM
so whats the latest?

IronMexican
10-21-2008, 11:35 PM
John Ireland of KCAL9 classified the injury as a hyper extended knee. He is finished for tonight’s pre-season game and they will ice it and re-evaluate it in the morning. It’s probably to early to tell or predict this sort of thing, but Kobe walking off the court is the good thing. We should know more in the morning…

IronMexican
10-21-2008, 11:45 PM
:lol Funny pic.

dirk4mvp
10-21-2008, 11:54 PM
lmao why is shaq so buff in that pic?

DPG21920
10-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Do you think he will miss any extended time? I might want to draft him for fantasy

JamStone
10-22-2008, 12:16 AM
This could be serious.

Kobe still hasn't fully recovered from his hyper-extended ego from his rookie season.

xtremesteven33
10-22-2008, 12:21 AM
This could be very serious. Even a minor hyper extension can take weeks to get it normal again.

Kobe is a freak of nature. I wouldnt doubt it if he attempts to play even while being hurt.

Kai
10-22-2008, 12:27 AM
The thing I would be worried about is if this "minor" injury lingers and aggravates him throughout the year. There's nothing worse than the same old injury flaring up throughout the season. (See: McGrady, Tracy)

TheMadHatter
10-22-2008, 12:27 AM
LOL this is Kobe.

Spur-Addict
10-22-2008, 12:28 AM
This could be serious.

Kobe still hasn't fully recovered from his hyper-extended ego from his rookie season.

:lol

mystargtr34
10-22-2008, 04:02 AM
^ i like that one... those ones are impossible to come back from.

angelbelow
10-22-2008, 04:35 AM

yea. thats true actually.

KidCongo
10-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Sometimes ligaments can be damaged with hyper extension.

Harry Callahan
10-22-2008, 09:05 AM
When basketball players get in their 30s or have an ton of miles on the odometer like Bryant, things like this happen.

The Laker sheep/fans better keep an eye on this.

xtremesteven33
10-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Even though they wont diagnose him right away as a "serious" injury. This could be one of those nagging injuries that never go away and could either take him out or limit his playing a whole lot.

Good luck Kobe

LA24
10-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Kobe in a light mood and making fun of Sasha
after the injury occured. :lol Hopefully this means he feels the knee isn't
that bad.

XYekWnTWvwM

JamStone
10-22-2008, 10:35 AM
When basketball players get in their 30s or have an ton of miles on the odometer like Bryant, things like this happen.

The Laker sheep/fans better keep an eye on this.

Right, because hyper-extended knees will never happen to a players who are not at least 30 years old.

duncan228
10-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Lakers fans holding their breath as Kobe injures knee (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bryant-lakers-knee-2202451-powell-jackson)
Ding column: Where is that MRI from 2006? We need more exclamation points.
Kevin Ding

SAN DIEGO-Did you hear that Kobe Bryant got hurt?!

And beyond that, he was seen later wearing his PDA attached to the left side of his waist, not his right! That was very clearly a possible indicator that he needed to favor that side of his body that suffered a hyperextended knee Tuesday night.

As he walked out of San Diego Sports Arena – no, he didn’t really seem to be limping, but looks can be deceiving! – Bryant declared that knee “sore.” And we should all bear in mind that you can’t spell “out for season” without the letters in “sore.”

Crisis mode for the Lakers! Where are those MRI’s from 2006, when Bryant had surgery on that knee?! How scary does it sound that the official statement from the Lakers was that Bryant would be “re-evaluated” today?! We need more exclamation points!

The whole hullaballoo is ridiculous, but that’s the way it can get when the NBA’s and the Lakers’ worlds would turn so dramatically if Bryant were to be seriously injured. The reality is that Bryant just tweaked his knee – landing with his right leg a bit too straight after bumping into teammate Josh Powell while still in the air – and sat out the second half as a precaution. No one with the Lakers is concerned at all.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson didn’t even think to ask Bryant about his health after the game. Derek Fisher wore a bemused smile as reporters peppered him with questions after the game about the severity of Bryant’s injury.

You can be sure that Bryant wouldn’t have been chilling out there on the court in his Gucci sneakers for the second half if there was even a remote threat of serious injury. Bryant is maniacally diligent in getting treatment, believing especially in the importance of treating injuries as soon as possible. He also wouldn’t have been sitting there cracking jokes with Sasha Vujacic to the point that Vujacic was literally falling out of his chair … hair flying everywhere.

Jackson couldn’t even call it a full hyperextension, saying Bryant “hyperextended his knee somewhat.” And the coach found it downright comical when he was asked by a reporter in a breathless tone whether Bryant could be ready for the season opener Tuesday night.

“Maybe,” Jackson said, unable to withhold his wide smile more than a moment. “Just for interest’s sake, I’ll say, ‘Maybe.’ ”

How did Bryant get hurt, just for the record? It’s worth explaining in a sense. It happened because the post-mononucleosis Sun Yue has been unbelievably bad and Josh Powell is dangerous just to be around.

Sun got the ball on the right wing from Fisher on a Lakers transition opportunity even though Bryant running the left wing. Yes, the defense was leaning toward Bryant, but Fisher was also aware how nice it’d be for Sun to get some redemption after just missing all three free-throw attempts (Jackson couldn’t resist smiling at that, too) after being fouled on a 3-pointer.

Bryant totally expected Sun to miss the jumper and was tracking the rebound from the time it left Sun’s hand.

That’s when Bryant leapt for the ball, correctly anticipating it would bound to his side of the floor – except standing on Bryant’s landing strip was Powell, who happens to pursue rebounds with a total disregard for human safety. Powell was in the way just enough as he looked up toward the ball and didn’t see Bryant coming.

After practice Tuesday, Lamar Odom was wearing an icepack on his lower back because of what Powell did to him in the paint. “That guy’s a beast,” Odom said.

tlongII
10-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Sun Yue!

Allanon
10-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Kobe will probably play on opening night, that's my guess.

You tasted Shaqs ass too eh?

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff306/hubble2016/7_13_08.jpg

Hahah, that shit's awesome, gotta steal it for my sig.

xtremesteven33
10-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Kobe better rest up really quick. He can put off rest on his knee. U dont want nagging injuries the whole season and regret it come playoff time.

I know if Pop were the head coach hed make him sit out the first couple of games in the regular season or however long needed.

Allanon
10-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm all for Kobe resting a couple of weeks but it doesn't look like he's going to. I also think he should have gotten surgery on that finger but here you go:

Bryant Expects To Play Thursday (http://www.nba.com/2008/news/10/22/bryant.injury.ap/index.html)

Lakers fans can rest easy. Kobe Bryant's right knee was a bit sore Wednesday, but the injury isn't serious and it's possible he won't miss any playing time.

"I'm all right, a little bit better today, a better mood, anyway," Bryant said after sitting out practice due to the hyperextended right knee he suffered Tuesday night in the second quarter of the Lakers' 102-98 preseason victory over the Charlotte Bobcats in San Diego.

sook
10-22-2008, 10:02 PM
wow kids...talk about premature ejaculation.

Kobe will be fine, the lakers will be the best team in the west even if he misses like a week, we're talking abotu the guy that plays with a broken finger, obviously if his knee gets hurt during a bobcat's game he won't bother played the rest of it and OMG............

THAT SHAQ PIC WAS :rollin

lefty
10-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Kobe in a light mood and making fun of Sasha
after the injury occured. :lol Hopefully this means he feels the knee isn't
that bad.

XYekWnTWvwM

Wow; he didn't hit him this time :wow

lefty
10-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Too bad for Lakers that Bynum doesn't have a hyperextended brain

TheMACHINE
10-22-2008, 11:36 PM
he better play..i got tix for fridays game!

Obstructed_View
10-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Right, because hyper-extended knees will never happen to a players who are not at least 30 years old.

I heard that his knee actually hyper extended before the contact, much like a hip breaking before the fall.

Banzai
10-22-2008, 11:56 PM

:lmao: :rollin:rollin

LA24
10-23-2008, 12:36 AM

That's nasty. 2 guys, 1 cup ? :vomit:

turiaf for president
10-23-2008, 08:47 PM
if it was paul pierce, he woulda had a stretcher come in and get him

Obstructed_View
10-23-2008, 08:49 PM
ESPN announced that he didn't "need" an MRI. Why wouldn't they just go ahead and do one? Seems stupid not to, it only takes a half an hour. It's not like it's invasive or anything.

IronMexican
10-23-2008, 10:28 PM
ESPN announced that he didn't "need" an MRI. Why wouldn't they just go ahead and do one? Seems stupid not to, it only takes a half an hour. It's not like it's invasive or anything.

Kobe's ego.

dirk4mvp
10-23-2008, 10:50 PM
He's gotta prove he's tougher than Jordan!

TheNextGen
10-24-2008, 01:20 AM
He's gotta prove he's tougher than Jordan!
^^ i guess when people talk about Kobe, Jordan seems to always pop up...:lol

RsxPiimp
10-24-2008, 02:28 AM
jordan played with a flu in the finals and still dominated.

Dex
10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Kobe starting their last preseason game against OKC.

Much to do about nothing.