PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Green looks great for Dallas

DaDakota
10-22-2008, 08:39 AM
I was hoping the Rockets would keep him, but Dallas snatched him up for a cheap contratc.

He has been outstanding in the preseason......so Mavs fans....has he made the team?

And, will he supplant George or Stackhouse for a spot in the rotation?

To me, he looks very TMacish.....when Tmac was just starting to blossom.

DD

Findog
10-22-2008, 08:45 AM
I was hoping the Rockets would keep him, but Dallas snatched him up for a cheap contratc.

He has been outstanding in the preseason......so Mavs fans....has he made the team?

DD

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. His talent has never been in question. Hopefully they have a support staff around him to keep him engaged and on the right path, and hopefully he understands he's running out of chances before he has to take his cupcakes to the Euro League.

I feel like we're one player away from rejoining the elite level of this league. He doesn't need to be TMac, but if he can be a solid contributor at the 2-guard, that might be what we need. In a dream world, he'll be starting alongside Kidd by March.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-22-2008, 08:46 AM

DD

You have GM love to give away talent young players Rudy Gay, Nicolas Batum, Green it seem like this Morey just believe he is god or something. he will regret such actions if these players become very good and he fail to get championship.

koriwhat
10-22-2008, 10:15 AM
You have GM love to give away talent young players Rudy Gay, Nicolas Batum, Green it seem like this Morey just believe he is god or something. he will regret such actions if these players become very good and he fail to get championship.

what? i don't get it... fuckin' greek chapter of houston.

IronMexican
10-22-2008, 10:23 AM

Damn, imagine they still had Gay? I still think he is the best player from that 2006 Draft.

robbie380
10-22-2008, 12:25 PM

we gave away spanoulis for scola too. it was funny too when morey gave away donte "i might be the next tim thomas" greene for artest. it was funny too when morey drafted carl landry in the 2nd round and then signed him to an excellent deal this offseason.

http://brucewagner.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/comcast_logo.jpg

Indazone
10-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Robbie -

Morey said that Dorsey was going to the NBDL. You gonna own up our sig bet now? lol. He had to be in uniform and on the bench to start the season.

mavsfan1000
10-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Time to trade Stackhouse's ass for a draft pick or something.

DaDakota
10-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Time to trade Stackhouse's ass for a draft pick or something.

Stack has gone down hill fast....I like Green a lot on offense, not so much on defense....

Has he officially made the Mavs roster? What do you Mavs fans say?

DD

Findog
10-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Stack has gone down hill fast....I like Green a lot on offense, not so much on defense....

Has he officially made the Mavs roster? What do you Mavs fans say?

DD

I think he HAS to have made it. If they cut him, 15 teams would try to sign him.

Findog
10-22-2008, 02:56 PM
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=637

yeah, GG is definitely going to make the team, and he'll be on the tail end of the rotation. If he continues to play well, his role will increase. Like I said, I'd be thrilled if he's starting at the two guard in the spring. Antoine Wright has also looked good.

stretch
10-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Antoine Wright has also looked good.

Wright has been fantastic. He is a great finisher, solid passer, and seems like a smart player overall. Doesn't really force bad drives often, as he knows when to kick it out. He does a lot of the little things that count on both ends, like dive cutting, rebounding, defending, etc...

Findog
10-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Wright has been fantastic. He is a great finisher, solid passer, and seems like a smart player overall. Doesn't really force bad drives often, as he knows when to kick it out. He does a lot of the little things that count on both ends, like dive cutting, rebounding, defending, etc...

He's basically a rich man's Adrian Griffin. Only knock on him is he can't shoot. I think he is a career 40% shooter.

robbie380
10-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Robbie -

Morey said that Dorsey was going to the NBDL. You gonna own up our sig bet now? lol. He had to be in uniform and on the bench to start the season.

i believe someone who is in the NBDL is technically on the roster.

Indazone
10-22-2008, 04:15 PM
lol way to weasel out of the sig bet Robbie

Many PackYao
10-22-2008, 04:28 PM
It's bad enough we've got Rude Gay always playing well against the Rockets. Now, we'll have GG and Donte Greene with vendettas.:bang :lol

Indazone
10-22-2008, 05:34 PM
it's Moneyball at its best. Use young untested players and use them as trade assets for undervalued veteran players. Then load your roster up with players that should be making a lot more but aren't. Like Artest.

robbie380
10-22-2008, 10:36 PM
lol way to weasel out of the sig bet Robbie

found the thread. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=151308&page=4&pp=20&highlight=dorsey

you also called oden the best big man in 20 years in that thread lol.:lol

you said harris was better but he got cut.

you said dorsey would get cut at the end of summer league.

hell i re-read the thread like 3 times and i still couldn't figure out exactly what we were betting on because you kept changing it. the very last post you had was the only one that made it cut and dry. you said he has to be on the bench for the first game for me to win or in the nbdl for you to win. on that bet i think it is a toss up. if we don't resign deke before the season starts then i think it will be tough for us to only have landry and scola backing up yao. i think dorsey NEEDS to be in the nbdl so he can work on fouling less. he has shown the ability to be a top level nba rebounder and not the offensive liability that hayes is but he is playing defense just like you would expect from a rookie big man...too much gambling and dumb fouls.

endrity
10-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Stack ain't going nowhere, no one is picking him up with his age and knee issues. But if he stops shooting too much, and concentrate on passing which he is really good at, then he can still contribute much to the team.

Indazone
10-23-2008, 08:01 AM
found the thread. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=151308&page=4&pp=20&highlight=dorsey

you also called oden the best big man in 20 years in that thread lol.:lol

you said harris was better but he got cut.

you said dorsey would get cut at the end of summer league.

hell i re-read the thread like 3 times and i still couldn't figure out exactly what we were betting on because you kept changing it. the very last post you had was the only one that made it cut and dry. you said he has to be on the bench for the first game for me to win or in the nbdl for you to win. on that bet i think it is a toss up. if we don't resign deke before the season starts then i think it will be tough for us to only have landry and scola backing up yao. i think dorsey NEEDS to be in the nbdl so he can work on fouling less. he has shown the ability to be a top level nba rebounder and not the offensive liability that hayes is but he is playing defense just like you would expect from a rookie big man...too much gambling and dumb fouls.

Oden is still the best big man to come along in 20 years. Harris is better than Dorsey. And when I meant Dorsey would be cut after summer league I meant he'd be done before the season because I didn't make a distinction between summerleague and preseason.

Findog
10-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Oden is still the best big man to come along in 20 years.

Shaq's rookie year was 1993. That was 15 years ago. Show of hands for those who think Oden will be better than Shaq in his prime (99-02).

IronMexican
10-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Shaq's rookie year was 1993. That was 15 years ago. Show of hands for those who think Oden will be better than Shaq in his prime (99-02).

There was NOBODY better than Shaq in that span. NO ONE. Shaq was UNBEAVABLE!

robbie380
10-23-2008, 10:07 AM

lulz...unbeavable

BUMP
10-23-2008, 10:13 AM

http://libcom.org/files/empty_classroom%5B1%5D.jpg

Indazone
10-23-2008, 10:15 AM

Sorry Olajuwan was better than Shaq and he came over 20 years ago.

Findog
10-23-2008, 10:16 AM

No, he wasn't. Fuckin' homer. And Olajuwon is irrelevant to your original point. You said Oden is the best big to come along within the past 20 years. Shaq's rookie year was 15 years ago. Oden will not be better than Shaq in his prime.

robbie380
10-23-2008, 10:28 AM

what about timmy d? he has been ok.

Indazone
10-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Oden will be better than Shaq! Book it

Indazone
10-23-2008, 10:34 AM
what about timmy d? he has been ok.

Yeah gotta give Duncan his props too!

robbie380
10-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah gotta give Duncan his props too!

cwebb? kg? brand? mutombo? kemp before drugs completely took over? amare? zo before the kidney? yao? d howard?

oden will be better than all of them? doubtful...i like the guy but i am afraid he might take the yao/amare/zo career path of injuries. the dude is not off to a great start with respect to major injuries.

IronMexican
10-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Fucking Rocket fans.

robbie380
10-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Fucking Rocket fans.

i kno tehy r UNBEAVABLE!

Indazone
10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
i kno tehy r UNBEAVABLE!

Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the beaver last night?

endrity
10-23-2008, 04:41 PM
What is UNBEAVABLE is a thread about Gerald Green being transformed into yet another Oden thread, and comparisions between the best big man in history. How does that happen?????

mystargtr34
10-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Damn imagine if the Rocks kept Rudy Gay

Obstructed_View
10-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Damn imagine if the Rocks kept Rudy Gay

They would only have the second best defender in the NBA, and not the first and second best defenders in the NBA.

DaDakota
10-23-2008, 07:18 PM
I like Gerald, how long is his contract with the Mavs?

DD

jack sommerset
10-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I like Gerald, how long is his contract with the Mavs?

DD

i thought i heard 2 years.

BUMP
10-23-2008, 08:03 PM
They would only have the second best defender in the NBA, and not the first and second best defenders in the NBA.

what???? they got Duncan and Bowen???

link?

dallaskd
10-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Camby and Bowen are better defenders than their entire team.

21_Blessings
10-24-2008, 02:33 AM
You know your team is terrible when you're getting excited ove Gerald Green. Hurry someone get Von Wafer on the phone!

Findog
10-24-2008, 08:54 AM
You know your team is terrible when you're getting excited ove Gerald Green. Hurry someone get Von Wafer on the phone!

Hey 21Palins,

RocketFan started this thread.

SenorSpur
10-24-2008, 10:38 AM
What is UNBEAVABLE is a thread about Gerald Green being transformed into yet another Oden thread, and comparisions between the best big man in history. How does that happen?????

I wondered the same thing.

SimonHymen
10-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Gerald Green is no Cedric Ceballos Mav fans. Eventually after he joins your team you come to the quick realization that he sucks. Popeye Jones is a giant compared to this talent midget. I'm glad Houston gave up on him and gave him the finger.

He needed one.

monosylab1k
10-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Stack ain't going nowhere, no one is picking him up with his age and knee issues. But if he stops shooting too much, and concentrate on passing which he is really good at, then he can still contribute much to the team.

There's a better chance that JJ Barea will be an All-Star this season than there is that Stack will stop shooting and start passing more.

monosylab1k
10-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Gerald Green is no Cedric Ceballos Mav fans. Eventually after he joins your team you come to the quick realization that he sucks. Popeye Jones is a giant compared to this talent midget. I'm glad Houston gave up on him and gave him the finger.

He needed one.

I hope you get AIDS and die.

The Franchise
10-25-2008, 10:05 PM
I hope that this kid does well even if it is in Dallas. Damn that was hard to type.

Roxsfan
10-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Fucking Rocket fans.

yeah, wtf

RsxPiimp
10-26-2008, 12:39 AM
I hope that this kid does well even if it is in Dallas. Damn that was hard to type.

yeah. gg has a lot of upside. could become the next isiah rider.

stipendlax
10-26-2008, 09:33 PM

Hey! You leave Wafer out of this, he's with us.

DaDakota
11-11-2008, 11:41 PM
GG on a one year deal, he is looking like a full MLE pickup for this next year....he looks VERY good.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

DD