PDA

View Full Version : NBA GMs: Lakers will be Champs, Kobe still clutch and Bynum fans rejoice

Allanon
10-22-2008, 10:57 AM
NBA GMs: Lakers will be Champs, Kobe still clutch and Bynum fans rejoice
http://lakerforums.com/2008/10/nba-gms-lakers-will-be-champs-kobe-is-clutch-and-bynum-will-be-the-breakout-player/

NBA.com's about to release their annual GM survey and we got a sneak peak:

In the survey, a whopping 46% of the GMs picked the Lakers to win it all:
46% Lakers
19% Celtics
12% Hornets
9% Spurs

And who you gonna call if you need a game winner?
For the 7th season in a row, Kobe "Dobermamba" Bryant was far and away the #1 choice with 89% votes this year.

And for you Bynum lovers, AB17 received the nod from the GMs for "breakout player of the year".

Also of note, LeBron is the projected MVP for the 2008-2009 NBA season with a 56% vote, Kobe with 37% and Chris Paul with 7%

http://lakerforums.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/kobe-trophy-bynum.jpg (http://lakerforums.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/kobe-trophy-bynum.jpg)

IronMexican
10-22-2008, 10:59 AM
:bking:danceclub:sombrero:

Red Hawk #21
10-22-2008, 11:00 AM
*sighs*

DPG21920
10-22-2008, 11:09 AM
There is no question that the Lakers are the favorites, they have a sick team

DWest30
10-22-2008, 11:17 AM
There is no question that the Lakers are the favorites, they have a sick team

Except they cant defend against the pick-and-roll which is why the Hornets were more concerned with the Spurs than the Lakers.

Damn you Ginobili!

dbreiden83080
10-22-2008, 11:22 AM
9% no love at all

dbreiden83080
10-22-2008, 11:24 AM
I also don't see how the Lakers are so far ahead of Boston right now in that poll when it is really the same team just adding Bynum who was hurt all year last year and has played like one good month of NBA ball in his life

z0sa
10-22-2008, 11:54 AM
I also don't see how the Lakers are so far ahead of Boston right now in that poll when it is really the same team just adding Bynum who was hurt all year last year and has played like one good month of NBA ball in his life

Oh no you didn't!

dbreiden83080
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Oh no you didn't!

I'm sorry i forgot there are 7 Laker fans here that think this is the Bynum fan-club

robbie380
10-22-2008, 12:35 PM

fwiw i think the loss of posey will hurt the celts more than people think this year. they weren't exactly deep last year and losing an important cog hurts.

z0sa
10-22-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry i forgot there are 7 Laker fans here that think this is the Bynum fan-club

ah the irony that is Bynum. Played a single decent (not even above averaged) NBA stretch and hes the next DRob.

:lmao

Oh, and LA won't be enjoying the same chemistry they did last year at all. It so funny, Lakerfan are so bent on the "future" of a team that simply imploded during the Finals.

When you know the sting of losing, it makes you that much more dedicated to win. Evidenced by Turiaf splitting, Kobe playing for the Olympic team during the summer injured, and Bynum already so full of himself he doesnt go all out in practices.

:toast to LA's future!

DWest30
10-22-2008, 01:25 PM
fwiw i think the loss of posey will hurt the celts more than people think this year. they weren't exactly deep last year and losing an important cog hurts.

And now, we are :)

Geaux Hornets!

Allanon
10-22-2008, 01:57 PM
My prediction?

70 wins and serious Laker domination in the Playoffs. Lakers will rotate 13 players on a nightly basis.

Kobe, Bynum on the West All Star team as long as Duncan's not a "Center".

dbreiden83080
10-22-2008, 02:03 PM

Ladies and Gentleman i give you the founding member and president of the club

My prediction?

70 wins and serious Laker domination in the Playoffs. Lakers will rotate 13 players on a nightly basis.

Kobe, Bynum on the West All Star team as long as Duncan's not a "Center".

And 70 wins. Lakers won't burn themselves out trying for 70 wins. Near impossible to do that and stay healthy, nomatter how talented you are.

Allanon
10-22-2008, 02:19 PM
And 70 wins. Lakers won't burn themselves out trying for 70 wins. Near impossible to do that and stay healthy, nomatter how talented you are.

Tell that to Philip, I think he coached the OTHER 70 win team. :rolleyes

dbreiden83080
10-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Tell that to Phil, I think he coached the OTHER 70 win team. :rolleyes

:rolleyes

So that makes the Lakers are lock to do it this year? Boy you are quite the fanboy. Going for 70 wins will burn a team out 9 times out of 10.

Allanon
10-22-2008, 02:22 PM
:rolleyes

So that makes the Lakers are lock to do it this year? Boy you are quite the fanboy.

That's my prediction, no locks here.

You just can't see past the Spurs, fanboi.

dbreiden83080
10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
That's my prediction, no locks here.

You just can't see past the Spurs, fanboi.

Right because you just know me so well :rolleyes

dbreiden83080
10-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Head on back to the Kobe may one day be better than Jordan thread, that is when he stops getting his face kicked in by Paul Fucking Pierce

Allanon
10-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Head on back to the Kobe may one day be better than Jordan thread, that is when he stops getting his face kicked in by Paul Fucking Pierce

Hahah, angry Spurs fanboi, I'm getting to know you better my friend. :downspin:

dbreiden83080
10-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Its going to be a blood bath for teams playing against the Lakers this year. The Spurs are in big trouble if Manu has to sit until Jan. If we meet Boston fully healthy this year, the outcome will be drastically different. Hypocrite ass Spurs fans love to talk about Manu being hurt against the Lakers when they got drug in the playoffs, but you dont see the Lakers making the same excuses when Bynum and Ariza was hurt in the finals. Boston just wanted it more...period.

Here is to the Spurs past:toast

Dude that is quite the wacky Sig you have :wow

Someone actually said that

IronMexican
10-22-2008, 02:39 PM
I pray to Allah we meet the C's in the Finals(Assuming we get there), I want redemption. This is my first year with serious expectations since 2004, now we just have to live to it.

dirk4mvp
10-22-2008, 02:41 PM
This is my first year with serious expectations since 2004,

lmao what a fucking letdown.

IronMexican
10-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, fuck it, we stopped a Spurs 3 peat.

baseline bum
10-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Lakers go 67-15 and get knocked out in the first round.

DPG21920
10-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Its going to be a blood bath for teams playing against the Lakers this year. The Spurs are in big trouble if Manu has to sit until Jan. If we meet Boston fully healthy this year, the outcome will be drastically different. Hypocrite ass Spurs fans love to talk about Manu being hurt against the Lakers when they got drug in the playoffs, but you dont see the Lakers making the same excuses when Bynum and Ariza was hurt in the finals. Boston just wanted it more...period.

Here is to the Spurs past:toast

Didn't you get to replace Bynum with a better player? If the Spurs traded for T-Mac when Ginobili was hurt, the Spurs would be a lot better to.

BullsDynasty
10-22-2008, 04:05 PM
I pray to Allah we meet the C's in the Finals(Assuming we get there), I want redemption. This is my first year with serious expectations since 2004, now we just have to live to it.

Salam Alaikum

Zee Laker
10-22-2008, 04:09 PM
The Lakers were fav to win the finals last year against the C's. That didnt work out very well. These picks and predictions dont means ish.

Having said that, im sure tlongII is tearing his hair out after reading who the NBA GM's reckon will win the ROY lol

IronMexican
10-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Which team will win NBA Finals 2009?
1. L.A. Lakers -- 46.2%
2. Boston -- 19.2%
3. New Orleans -- 11.5%
4. Houston -- 7.7%
San Antonio -- 7.7%
Others receiving votes: Detroit, Orlando

Which team will win the Pacific Division?
1. L.A. Lakers -- 100%

Who is the best defensive player in the NBA?
1. Kevin Garnett -- 44.4%
2. Ron Artest -- 22.2%
3. Kobe Bryant -- 11.1%
4. Bruce Bowen -- 7.4%
Tim Duncan -- 7.4%
Others receiving votes: Marcus Camby, Tyson Chandler

Who is the best perimeter defender in the NBA?
1. Bruce Bowen -- 44.4%
2. Kobe Bryant -- 25.9%
3. Ron Artest -- 14.8%
Others receiving votes: Shane Battier, Raja Bell, James Posey, Tayshaun Prince

Who is the best on-the-ball defender in the NBA?
1. Kobe Bryant -- 26.9%
2. Ron Artest -- 19.2%
Bruce Bowen -- 19.2%
Rajon Rondo -- 19.2%
Others receiving votes: Devin Harris, Kirk Hinrich, Josh Howard, Mickael Pietrus

Which player best defends the passing lanes in the NBA?
1. Allen Iverson -- 26.9%
2. Trevor Ariza - 11.5%
Caron Butler - 11.5%
4. Kobe Bryant -- 7.7%
LeBron James -- 7.7%
Chris Paul -- 7.7%
Others receiving votes: Ron Artest, Leandro Barbosa, Baron Davis, Andre Iguodala, Kevin Martin, James Posey, Rajon Rondo

Who is the best head coach in the NBA?
1. Gregg Popovich -- 53.8%
2. Phil Jackson -- 23.1%
3. Jerry Sloan -- 7.7%
Others receiving votes: Rick Adelman, Rick Carlisle, Nate McMillan, Stan Van Gundy

Which head coach is the best manager/motivator of people?
1. Phil Jackson -- 44.0%
2. Gregg Popovich -- 28.0%
3. Doc Rivers -- 12.0%
4. Nate McMillan -- 8.0%
Others receiving votes: Rick Adelman, Jerry Sloan

Which head coach makes the best in-game adjustments?
1. Gregg Popovich -- 28.0%
2. Larry Brown -- 20.0%
3. Rick Carlisle -- 12.0%
4. Eddie Jordan -- 8.0%
Don Nelson -- 8.0%
Doc Rivers -- 8.0%
Jerry Sloan -- 8.0%
Others receiving votes: Rick Adelman, Phil Jackson

Which head coach is the best in the last two minutes of a close game?
1. Gregg Popovich -- 45.8%
2. Larry Brown -- 12.5%
3. Rick Adelman -- 8.3%
Phil Jackson - 8.3%
Jerry Sloan -- 8.3%
Others receiving votes: Mike Dunleavy, Byron Scott, Scott Skiles, Stan Van Gundy

Which coach runs the best offense?
1. Mike D'Antoni -- 53.8%
2. Phil Jackson -- 19.2%
Jerry Sloan -- 19.2%
Others receiving votes: Don Nelson, Byron Scott

Who is the best assistant coach in the NBA?
1. Tom Thibodeau -- 41.7%
2. Del Harris -- 20.8%
3. Tim Grgurich -- 12.5%
Others receiving votes: Bernie Bickerstaff, Mike Budenholzer, Tyrone Corbin, Frank Hamblen, Keith Smart, Elston Turner

Which active player will make the best head coach someday?
1. Eric Snow -- 24.0%
2. Sam Cassell -- 16.0%
3. Derek Fisher -- 12.0%
4. Darrell Armstrong -- 8.0%
Steve Nash -- 8.0%
Jacque Vaughn -- 8.0%
Others receiving votes: Shane Battier, Raja Bell, Luol Deng, Keyon Dooling, Chris Paul, Kurt Thomas

Which team will be the most fun to watch?
1. New Orleans -- 26.9%
2. Portland -- 23.1%
3. Golden State -- 11.5%
L.A. Lakers -- 11.5%
5. New York -- 7.7%
Others receiving votes: Boston, Houston, Miami, Philadelphia, Phoenix

Which team has the best home-court advantage?
1. Utah -- 44.4%
2. Boston -- 25.9%
3. L.A. Lakers -- 7.4%
Others receiving votes: Dallas, Detroit, Golden State, Miami, Portland, San Antonio

Which player is the most athletic?
1. LeBron James -- 59.3%
2. Josh Smith -- 22.2%
Others receiving votes: Kobe Bryant, Shawn Marion, Jamario Moon, Dwyane Wade, Gerald Wallace

Which player is best at moving without the ball?
1. Richard Hamilton -- 76.9%
2. Ray Allen -- 7.7%
Others receiving votes: Kobe Bryant, Caron Butler, Manu Ginobili, Paul Pierce

Which player is the best at getting his own shot?
1. Kobe Bryant - 81.5%
2. Tracy McGrady -- 7.4%
Others receiving votes: Manu Ginobili, Ben Gordon, LeBron James

Which player is the best offensive rebounder?
1. Tyson Chandler -- 38.5%
2. Dwight Howard -- 30.8%
3. Reggie Evans -- 11.5%
Others receiving votes: Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, Jeff Foster, Pau Gasol, Luis Scola

Which player is the best in the open court?
1. LeBron James -- 37.0%
2. Chris Paul - 22.2%
3. Steve Nash -- 11.1%
Dwyane Wade -- 11.1%
5. Kobe Bryant -- 7.4%
Others receiving votes: Manu Ginobili, Jason Kidd, Deron Williams

Who is the best finisher?
1. LeBron James -- 63.0%
2. Kobe Bryant -- 7.4%
Dwight Howard -- 7.4%
Tony Parker -- 7.4%
Others receiving votes: Shawn Marion, Josh Smith, Amare Stoudemire, Dwyane Wade

Which player does the most with least?
1. Bruce Bowen -- 12.5%
2. Reggie Evans -- 8.3%
Steve Nash -- 8.3%
Fabricio Oberto -- 8.3%
Mehmet Okur -- 8.3%
Luke Walton -- 8.3%
Others receiving votes: Shane Battier, Carlos Boozer, Udonis Haslem, LeBron James, Andre Miller, Paul Millsap, Kendrick Perkins, Luis Scola, Robert Swift, Kurt Thomas, David West

Who is the toughest player in the NBA?
1. Ron Artest -- 37.0%
2. Kobe Bryant -- 14.8%
3. Matt Harpring -- 7.4%
Chris Paul -- 7.4%
5. Manu Ginobili -- 5.6%
Others receiving votes: Raja Bell, Bruce Bowen, Joey Dorsey, Kevin Garnett, Allen Iverson, Kenyon Martin, Andres Nocioni, Ben Wallace

Which player is the best leader?
1. Kevin Garnett -- 51.9%
2. Tim Duncan -- 11.1%
Steve Nash -- 11.1%
Chris Paul -- 11.1%
5. Jason Kidd -- 7.4%
Others receiving votes: Derek Fisher, LeBron James

Which player in the NBA would you want taking a shot with the game on the line?
1. Kobe Bryant -- 88.9%
Others receiving votes: Gilbert Arenas, LeBron James, Paul Pierce

http://www.nba.com/2008/tipoff/10/21/gmsur...ions/index.html

TheMACHINE
10-22-2008, 11:44 PM

i dont think u are considering that boston is one year older...and lakers is one year older too, but in a good way.

As for Bynum...he's young and hasnt played alot, but its ignorant to think he wont have an affect on this team.

21_Blessings
10-23-2008, 01:59 AM

Nice troll, but Bynum gives you a double double every night along with 2-3 blocks while leading the league in FG%. No big deal, not at all.

Boston on the otherhand lost their best perimeter defender and aged another year.

KidCongo
10-23-2008, 02:35 AM

"Even without Posey -- and even in a conference that got slightly deeper -- Boston actually is a better bet to win the East than it was a year ago. Only Cleveland (or major injuries) can keep the Celts from getting back to the Finals."

Marc Stein

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-BostonPreview0809

There is a good chance of a Boston vs LA 2.0