PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a Marion hater but I've become...

milkyway21
02-15-2005, 09:55 PM
..tired of the Suns :pctoss participating in ALL All-Star categories, okay? 3 in All-Star game, Skills challenge, & now the Radioshack Shooting Star?

Why can't they choose some from Chicago? Let MJ participate? or from NY Knicks ? or from the Kings?

how i wish Denver will win on this one.

NBA, WNBA Players and NBA Legends to Compete in RadioShack Shooting Stars

DENVER, February 14 – Four teams, each comprised of an NBA player, WNBA player and NBA legend will compete in the RadioShack Shooting Stars competition, to be held on NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by America Online, February 19 at Pepsi Center.
The star-studded field of twelve will be divided into four teams: Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles and Phoenix. The Denver team will be Nuggets guard Andre Miller, eight-time NBA All-Star and Nuggets legend Alex English and former Colorado State guard and current New York Liberty guard Becky Hammon. The Detroit team will be Pistons guard and former member of the NBDL’s Huntsville Flight Ronald Dupree, WNBA All-Star forward Swin Cash of the 2003 WNBA Champion Shock and six-time NBA All-Star and former Piston Adrian Dantley.

Magic Johnson and Lisa Leslie return to defend their RadioShack Shooting Stars title.
Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Representing the Los Angeles team is forward Luke Walton of the Lakers, WNBA All-Star center Lisa Leslie of the two-time WNBA champion Sparks and NBA all-time great and Hall of Famer Magic Johnson. The Phoenix team will consist of forward Shawn Marion of the Suns, 2004 WNBA Rookie of the Year Diana Taurasi of the Mercury and former NBA All-Star and Suns legend Dan Majerle.

The contestants in the RadioShack Shooting Stars will be competing for $75,000 in prize money, with $30,000 going to the winner. Second place is worth $22,500, third place and fourth place will receive $11,250 each.

The RadioShack Shooting Stars contest will feature six shooting locations of increasing difficulty, with each team attempting to make all shots in order in the fastest time. Each team will select a specific player rotation and follow that throughout the event, with each shot being made before the next one is attempted. The team that completes all six shots in the least amount of time will be declared the winner. Each team will be given up to two minutes to complete the entire shooting course. Should there be a tie, a shoot-off will determine the winner.

The RadioShack Shooting Stars will be broadcast live nationally as part of the NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by America Online and will also feature the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, Sprite Rising Stars Slam Dunk and PlayStation Skills Challenge. NBA All-Star Saturday Night will be televised live nationally on TNT in the United States and on Rogers Sportsnet in Canada at 6 p.m. MT/ 8 p.m. ET. Live audio broadcasts are available on ESPN Radio and on NBA.com in multiple languages

or Magic Johnson, again. :oops

orhe
02-15-2005, 10:03 PM
no Sue Bird! geez!!
but yeah this suns-mania irritates me sometimes.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-15-2005, 10:10 PM
They couldn't come up with a team from Seattle, SA, or NY?

Gimme a break. The Suns are fun, but they are rapidly becoming Laker Light this season.

usckk
02-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Marion pisses me off because he has the worse jump shooting form in NBA history, and yet, he is able to make shots.

ducks
02-15-2005, 10:16 PM
I think some spur fans are jealous
yes I wish spurs would get more national attention but defensive teams will never get as much as o teams
suns are a exciting team to watch
when mavs were scoring 110-120 they got lots of national attention also
with suns record and how much they school ofcourse they are going to get shoved down your throat
but atleast it is a team and not a player (like king james)

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-15-2005, 10:20 PM
The Suns are fun to watch but there is 200 players in the league, they don't need their whole fvcking roster in Denver.

milkyway21
02-15-2005, 10:30 PM
All-Star game for me is showing each team's brilliance but it seems they were missing some teams' brilliance at all this yr. Chicago has become HOT. And Kings will always be Kings. But no All-Star at all. And that's sad.

hey watch out for the release of the All-Star Dunk Contest.

Amare will be on that list, too! Ho! Ho! ho!

LakerGod
02-16-2005, 12:31 AM
..tired of the Suns :pctoss participating in ALL All-Star categories, okay? 3 in All-Star game, Skills challenge, & now the Radioshack Shooting Star?

Why can't they choose some from Chicago? Let MJ participate? or from NY Knicks ? or from the Kings?

how i wish Denver will win on this one.

NBA, WNBA Players and NBA Legends to Compete in RadioShack Shooting Stars

DENVER, February 14 – Four teams, each comprised of an NBA player, WNBA player and NBA legend will compete in the RadioShack Shooting Stars competition, to be held on NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by America Online, February 19 at Pepsi Center.
The star-studded field of twelve will be divided into four teams: Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles and Phoenix. The Denver team will be Nuggets guard Andre Miller, eight-time NBA All-Star and Nuggets legend Alex English and former Colorado State guard and current New York Liberty guard Becky Hammon. The Detroit team will be Pistons guard and former member of the NBDL’s Huntsville Flight Ronald Dupree, WNBA All-Star forward Swin Cash of the 2003 WNBA Champion Shock and six-time NBA All-Star and former Piston Adrian Dantley.

Magic Johnson and Lisa Leslie return to defend their RadioShack Shooting Stars title.
Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Representing the Los Angeles team is forward Luke Walton of the Lakers, WNBA All-Star center Lisa Leslie of the two-time WNBA champion Sparks and NBA all-time great and Hall of Famer Magic Johnson. The Phoenix team will consist of forward Shawn Marion of the Suns, 2004 WNBA Rookie of the Year Diana Taurasi of the Mercury and former NBA All-Star and Suns legend Dan Majerle.

The contestants in the RadioShack Shooting Stars will be competing for $75,000 in prize money, with $30,000 going to the winner. Second place is worth $22,500, third place and fourth place will receive $11,250 each.

The RadioShack Shooting Stars contest will feature six shooting locations of increasing difficulty, with each team attempting to make all shots in order in the fastest time. Each team will select a specific player rotation and follow that throughout the event, with each shot being made before the next one is attempted. The team that completes all six shots in the least amount of time will be declared the winner. Each team will be given up to two minutes to complete the entire shooting course. Should there be a tie, a shoot-off will determine the winner.

The RadioShack Shooting Stars will be broadcast live nationally as part of the NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by America Online and will also feature the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, Sprite Rising Stars Slam Dunk and PlayStation Skills Challenge. NBA All-Star Saturday Night will be televised live nationally on TNT in the United States and on Rogers Sportsnet in Canada at 6 p.m. MT/ 8 p.m. ET. Live audio broadcasts are available on ESPN Radio and on NBA.com in multiple languages

or Magic Johnson, again. :oops
Well deserved!

The best Team in the NBA (Suns) deserve to have more representation.

milkyway21
02-16-2005, 12:37 AM
Well deserved!

The best Team in the NBA (Suns) deserve to have more representation. :lol :lol :lol :lol

LakerGod
02-16-2005, 12:39 AM
The spursies are not the best team I know that for sure.. :lol

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2005, 12:59 AM

Of course -- they only have a practically-identical record and a 2-0 mark against Phoenix, including an absolute blowout at home and a monster comeback on the road.

I can see how you could ignore that . . . .

LakerGod
02-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Of course -- they only have a practically-identical record and a 2-0 mark against Phoenix, including an absolute blowout at home and a monster comeback on the road.

I can see how you could ignore that . . . .
The Suns are by far better than the spursies, I like their offense, they are fun to watch.

Defense is boooooooooring.

I'll take the Suns or even the Sonics over the spursies any time.

Yes the spursies beat the Suns twice but that doesn't mean they're better.

milkyway21
02-16-2005, 01:06 AM
The spursies are not the best team I know that for sure.. :lol...ohh bec. it's the Lakers? :nope

not the Spurs but certainly NOT your team, too LakerGod.

let me take a look on reality.
Overall
Team GB
1. Phoenix -
2. San Antonio ½
3. Seattle 4
4. Dallas 6
5. Sacramento 7
6. Houston 9½
7. Memphis 10½
8. L.A. Lakers 14
9. Minnesota 15½
10. L.A. Clippers 17
11. Denver 17
12. Portland 18½
13. Utah 23
14. Golden State 26
15. New Orleans 29½

nonsense! now let me get back to my :music .

milkyway21
02-16-2005, 01:11 AM
LakerGod, better tell Kobe to beat first those players they called Sac Queens(currently # 1 on your division), then get back to us.

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2005, 01:29 AM
Yes the spursies beat the Suns twice but that doesn't mean they're better.

Your "intellect" is truly dizzying.

xcoriate
02-16-2005, 05:02 AM
Marion kicks ass

Love it.

GrandeDavid
02-16-2005, 08:02 AM
LakerGod, you are biased and have dwindling credibility of your basketball knowledge around here by stating that the Suns are the "best team in the league", especially since they've already lost TWICE to San Antonio. Laker troll. Gheez!

travis2
02-16-2005, 08:19 AM
Saying he has "dwindling credibility" makes the unwarranted assumption that he ever had credibility...

waly.mg
02-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Are You Kidding?

The Suns are 5 Great Starters, not a Team, they haven´t a Bench, and a all Team need a Bench

The Spurs are a Great Team: Have Great Starters, Great Bench and a Graet Coach

sickdsm
02-16-2005, 08:44 PM
If anything i'm glad for Marion. He's been underappreciated all these years. Hell, AK gets more props than him and Marion is twice the player. If anything Amare should be the one axed from the dunk contest. I mean, what's next? Shaq? Dunking fiercly doesn't mean your entertaining in the dunk contest.

milkyway21
02-16-2005, 08:52 PM
...If anything Amare should be the one axed from the dunk contest. I mean, what's next? Shaq? Dunking fiercly doesn't mean your entertaining in the dunk contest...well, AMARE IS IN ,

THE FINAL LIST FOR THE DUNK CONTEST INCLUDES..
1. AMARE-Suns again(?) :rolleyes
2. JOSH SMITH-Rookie,Atlanta Hawks
3. J.R. SMITH-Rookie,New Orleans Hornets
4. CHRIS ANDERSEN-New Orleans Hornets

no, 2004 champ FRED JONES :rolleyes

ZStomp
02-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Who cares about this issue?

Let them have the mid-season awards. We have our sights on something else...:cool :fro

http://warren.mdlonline.com/NBA_1999_Champiionship_Trophy.jpg

ZStomp
02-16-2005, 09:17 PM

Is this asshole Wolves04 ??

Idiot.

Man In Black
02-16-2005, 11:25 PM
LakerFraud is weak just like his team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Chris Anderson? WTF?

T Park
02-16-2005, 11:32 PM
What a lame ass dunk contest.

of course, the dunk contest has been lame for a while now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-16-2005, 11:42 PM
The NBA needs to pony up, offer a million dollars take all, and get it on.

Lebron
Vince
Kobe
JRich
Fred Jones
Josh Smith
Rashard
Wade

milkyway21
02-17-2005, 12:17 AM

of course, the dunk contest has been lame for a while now. :lol

exstatic
02-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Anderson will probably dunk between his legs...straddling the rim. Boy gots some serious hops. His vertical = Amare's.

Don't knock the big men.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-17-2005, 12:43 AM
I know, but you know what's coming exstatic...

The commentators will rag on the big men about how they're taller, so they have to do more to impress the judges, and in hand the judges will rate their shit lower because they're tall.

milkyway21
02-17-2005, 03:01 AM

of course, the dunk contest has been lame for a while now...would it still be "lame" if they add LeBron?

read this:

To dunk or not to dunk? LeBron hasn't decided

CLEVELAND (AP) - Usually the one with his feet off the floor, LeBron James has everyone else hanging.

With the NBA's All-Star dunk contest in Denver just a few days away, the Cleveland Cavaliers star forward hasn't decided whether he'll take part against the league's other premier leapers.

"It is a 'yes or no' answer," said James, who has been pressed about a decision nearly every day for the past few weeks. "I just haven't decided if I'll do it or not. You know me, I'm a last-minute person."

James skipped last year's dunk contest in Los Angeles, partially because he was upset at not being picked as a reserve for the Eastern Conference's All-Star team as a rookie. James, who recently missed a few games with a sprained ankle, may wait until Friday before he makes up his mind.

The league officially announced at least four participants for Saturday night's dunk contest, at one time the highlight of All-Star Weekend festivities. Atlanta rookie Josh Smith will compete along with J.R. Smith and Chris Andersen of New Orleans and Amare Stoudemire of Phoenix.

"I'm excited about it," Josh Smith said before Wednesday night's game against the Cavaliers. "It's a big deal for me. I've talked to Dominique (Wilkins) a little about what it was like in his day."

Denver was the site of the NBA's first dunk contest in 1984 and the ABA dunk-off between Julius Erving and David Thompson in 1976.

LeBron James could restore some luster to the dunk contest. (Tony Dejak / AP)

James has a standing invitation from the league, which would love to see him compete and possibly help fans forget about some of the turbulence from the first half of the 2004-05 season.

If he doesn't dunk, who does James think will win?

"I know if Josh Smith is in it, he's got a great shot," he said. "If Jason Richardson is in it, he's always got a great shot. Everyone thinks I should be in it."

James, arguably the league's best in-game dunker, would certainly help elevate the event, which has lost some of its luster in recent years. It's not like the old days when Erving, Wilkins, Michael Jordan and Larry Nance - the first champion - or even tiny Spud Webb dazzled crowds and TV audiences with their gravity-defying stuffs.

James, too, wishes the league's top young stars took part. But with other commitments, it's not easy to get them out there.

"It would be nice for the fans, but you don't want to force anybody to do it if they don't want to do it," he said.

...well, TWO ROY in the last 2 yrs., who'll win? :rolleyes