PDA

View Full Version : Who is worth persuing as up front?

RobinsontoDuncan
02-15-2005, 09:57 PM
We have heard Malone, Curry, Chandler, Zo (but he is going to sign with Shaq), Cliff Robinson, etc. Is there a player worth consideration at this point. If I could add anyone who I think we might have a realistic shot at landing it would be Stromile Swift.

slayermin
02-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Dale Davis, but I don't think there is a way the Spurs could get him.

GoSpurs21
02-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Spurs arent making anymore moves this season get used to it. And stop whining about the Spurs not making any more moves, otherwise you will be mistaken for a whiny bitch like Nash, Dirk or Bibby

RobinsontoDuncan
02-16-2005, 09:43 AM
And stop whining about the Spurs not making any more moves, otherwise you will be mistaken for a whiny bitch like Nash, Dirk or Bibby

:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

stop whining? I know you cant be talking to me dip shit, either that or you can't read, because this thread is me asking for other's input. How do morons like you get on this forum?

STFU

Hmmm.... You're probably an adreline lacking geek in high school, who can't get laid and comes here to let out all those swirling hormones....so i'll forget about your stupidity for now.

TNT21
02-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas for Rasho would be pretty sweet!!

DuncanMVP
02-16-2005, 11:44 AM

center that can score? dont get your hopes up

ducks
02-16-2005, 11:47 AM
yes king james would love that one that would help his scoring average go up

DuncanMVP
02-16-2005, 11:48 AM
yes king james would love that one that would help his scoring average go up

yeah like James is really known to be selfish :lol :lol

genghisrex
02-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Swift can't be traded because he signed his one-year qualifying offer.

wildbill2u
02-16-2005, 12:51 PM
We have heard Malone, Curry, Chandler, Zo (but he is going to sign with Shaq), Cliff Robinson, etc. Is there a player worth consideration at this point. If I could add anyone who I think we might have a realistic shot at landing it would be Stromile Swift.

What's wrong with the team that's leading the league? DUH!

I don't see anyone out there that wouldn't bring some baggage or a bad contract or simply be another bench player that might or might not be better than what we have--and can afford.

Rummpd
02-16-2005, 01:21 PM
A thought!

Kevin Willis - we never should have let him walk even at 42 or something he can bang for a good 10 minutes a night with any big and was very effective at times last year.

He could step right in a fill a role with no worries, with him you know he is going to bring it everytime.

sungo99
02-16-2005, 02:03 PM
What about Chris Wilcox?

texbumTHElife
02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Theo Ratliff? He wouldnt help our offense but boy can he play some defense!

RobinsontoDuncan
02-16-2005, 05:29 PM
What's wrong with the team that's leading the league? DUH!

I don't see anyone out there that wouldn't bring some baggage or a bad contract or simply be another bench player that might or might not be better than what we have--and can afford.

if rasho, or god forbid Duncan, were to be injured for an extended period of time, front court depth would be such an asset. I am actually more of a fence sitter on the issue, I can see the benefits of more depth, but I can live without it.

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2005, 05:38 PM
If Tim Duncan is injured for an extended period of time (particularly come playoff time) the Spurs season is over. There is nobody in the NBA that the Spurs could acquire (in a realistic sense) that could ever hope to make up for the loss of Tim Duncan [knocks on wood]. Making any trade at this point aiming to cover for a significant Tim Duncan injury is a bit like taking a cocktail umbrella out in the middle of a hurricane in the hopes that it will keep you dry.

xcoriate
02-16-2005, 06:32 PM
At least be semi realistic people. Malik for Stromile Swift??

Come on.

Making trades is sweet but they have to work.

A - Under the salary cap
B - For us, what good is a trade unless it makes us better
C - For the other team, they dont want to get rid of a good player for next to nothing

Also note cause our season record is so good ourt picks are worth the equivilent of a pile of shit.

So for god sakes no more Stro for Malik. Its not happening.

While were at it, we cant trade Rose for Garnett, or Mass for Dirk.

Keep it real kids.

ChumpDumper
02-16-2005, 08:55 PM
He could step right in a fill a roleThat is being filled by Massenburg.

Not much out there right now, realistically.

texbumTHElife
02-17-2005, 04:19 AM
I say again, without knowing his cap number, how about Theo Ratliff? An athletic big man who will block shots and pull down a tone of boards on offense and defense. He isnt the big athletic shooting 3 that we have been shopping for but he does bring interior toughness and defense.

TDMVPDPOY
02-17-2005, 05:24 AM
this is what i think of the players:

CURRY
the guy is just an improved version of kandiman but offensively, other areas of his game is bs, like defence, doesnt rebound, doesnt block shots yet alone his worth ethic.

CHANDLER
the kid is good only on defence, he rebounds, blocks shots, scores easy baskets thats about it. his freethrows are not good, on offensive his a liability for us.

exstatic
02-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Ratliff's cap number is large. He's making almost $11M. His health history is also a red flag. From 99-00 thru 01-02, he played in 110 of 246 possible regular season games, although, through a trade and scheduling fluke, he played in 85 regular season games last year. :wow

texasqb2
02-17-2005, 03:57 PM
A thought!

Kevin Willis - we never should have let him walk even at 42 or something he can bang for a good 10 minutes a night with any big and was very effective at times last year.

He could step right in a fill a role with no worries, with him you know he is going to bring it everytime.

I told my buddy the same thing the other day, but we didnt let him walk I believe, I think he wanted to end his career in ATL and play some more

exstatic
02-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Kevin injured Devin B. near the end of the season with some locker room horseplay, causing him to miss some time in the first round series. Some think that was why he may not have been asked back.

Gummi
02-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Right now I canīt see the Spurs making any trades. But that doesn't mean they won't. I'm sure Pop and R.C. are listening what's going on around the league. If they can get an expiring contract and talent for Malik, I think they might do it. Not that I want Malik out, but it seems the front office wants to dump his contract.

exstatic
02-17-2005, 06:09 PM
I think if they could get an expiring contract for him, they'd do it. Forget the talent.

texbumTHElife
02-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Anyone know the cap figure for Marc Jackson from Philly?

td4mvp21
02-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Chandler. This guy can score 8-10 points while grabbing 10-16 boards.

texbumTHElife
02-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Chandler. This guy can score 8-10 points while grabbing 10-16 boards.

he is too much $$ and Chicago has decided not to let any of their young guns go. They have played far too well as of late. Hell the Bulls look like they could possible grab a 4+ seed in the playoffs in the East.

td4mvp21
02-19-2005, 05:59 PM
^I know we wont get him. But he would be very good for the team. he's a high energy guy.

texbumTHElife
02-19-2005, 06:02 PM
^I know we wont get him. But he would be very good for the team. he's a high energy guy.

So is KG ;)

RobinsontoDuncan
02-19-2005, 07:46 PM
so is shaq ^