PDA

View Full Version : Finally a UT win against a real team.

SAmikeyp
10-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Great game by both teams. Does this increase the Mock vs. Young debate? I am glad that Mack Brown found his balls on that 4th and goal call. Still don't think they will beat OU though.

Longhorn E
10-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Still don't think they will beat OU though
Well, you know the saying ...
There you go thinking, again !?!?!?

Pooh
10-05-2003, 01:28 PM
Come on...Texas didn't look that great yesterday. They had to do a "Don Capers" in order to get the win. They're not going to have that luxury next week against Oklahoma.

From Way Downtown
10-05-2003, 02:20 PM
If UT's offensive line stays as soft as it's been to this point, it doesn't matter who plays QB for Texas this week. K-State's defensive line spent the entire afternoon in UT's backfield because UT's softies up front were dominated. K-State's defensive front 7 is pretty good, but Oklahoma's is the best in the country.

UT better figure out how to block someone, or they're looking at heap big trouble this week.

Longhorn E
10-05-2003, 02:26 PM
How do you figure that they had to do a "Dom Capers", to win ???
That QB sneak came with 5:19 left in the contest, whereas the sneak in Houston's game last week came at the very end of the game !!!
I will agree with your assertion that TEXAS didn't look that good yesterday, but then again, with all the pre-season talk concerning K.S.U.'s national championship possibilities, and their 1-2 punch of Ell "McPherson", errrrr, Robertson and Darren Sproles, I wasn't at all impressed with what we witnessed yesterday, and more importantly the Wildcat passing game ...
Virtually non-existant !!!

MissAllThat
10-05-2003, 03:38 PM
If UT doesn't play a lot better than they've been playing this season, OU is gonna walk all over them. I'm glad Vince got to play a lot, and I hope he gets to play next week too, but I can't say I'm all that confident about that game.

SAmikeyp
10-05-2003, 09:54 PM
hey, I hope that UT kicks the holy shit out of OU. As a beleaguered Longhorn fan, it would be sweet and I will be rooting my ass off on Saturday but UT has not proven to me that they can beat a team the caliber of OU. If they do, than no one will be happier than me but I am not going to be so myopic to think that UT cannot lose this game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-06-2003, 02:10 PM
OU will win this weekend by two TDs and a OU LB will knock Vincent Young out of the game.

Oh, and if VY drops back to throw another one of his patented moonballs deep, you can bet it will get picked off. No more 5'8" DBs to throw over at OU.

AHF

TheCat5
10-06-2003, 05:37 PM
Oh, and if VY drops back to throw another one of his patented moonballs deep, you can bet it will get picked off. No more 5'8" DBs to throw over at OU.

*yawn*

I heard that before the game last week too from the K-State fans. I'll believe it when I see it.

The Texas secondary has been playing terrific. They've struggled against power running and they've lost some battles in the trenches, but fortunately OU's running game isn't nearly as strong as it usually is. I think Texas has a chance of being successful defensively.

The problems for Texas will come on offense. This OL simply isn't playing that well, so it's going to be hard to get Benson a lot of yardage and it's going to be hard to have great pass protection. That's why it's even more important for VY to get the majority of the snaps. Vince's running and his option play loosens the defense and makes it easier for Cedric, and his mobility can save the offensive line even if they get beat. Texas needs that to have a good chance.

The problem will be Vince's ankle, but he's a gamer, so I'm betting he'll be ready to go. If he is, I think Texas has a good shot. Texas has thrown zero interceptions this entire season. I'm not saying they won't throw one in this game, but in general they're working very hard to take care of the ball. If Texas doesn't turn the ball over and if the strong secondary play continues, I don't think OU is going to score over 20 points or so.

I could see this game going either way, but I'm going to give Vince the benefit of the doubt and say that he makes some game-changing plays in the fourth quarter.

Texas 24
Oklahoma 16