PDA

View Full Version : Holy Hell

only1wwff
10-23-2008, 09:16 AM
I stopped by this site to get the google doc about Subprime loans and thought...wtf...this is a basketball discussion board...wow...for Texas basketball team fans you guys are fucking cool!

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Stick around. Things get really wild during the playoffs.

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 09:24 AM
son there is a lot of democrat trash around here

only1wwff
10-23-2008, 09:25 AM
oh...that's daughter to you.

Sandi

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 09:27 AM
oh...that's daughter to you.

Sandi

sorry mam. god bless

JoeChalupa
10-23-2008, 09:28 AM
There's plenty of republican trash around here so don't worry.

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 09:31 AM
There's plenty of republican trash around here so don't worry.

son you silly dems dominate this board and you know it. I would say the democrat to republican ratio on this board is like 8 to 1 because of all of the college kids who post on here.. but remember .. you silly dems are the cool and unique ones though!!!! Stephen Colbert says so!!!

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 09:33 AM
son you silly dems dominate this board and you know it. I would say the democrat to republican ratio on this board is like 8 to 1 because of all of the college kids who post on here.. but remember .. you silly dems are the cool and unique ones though!!!! Stephen Colbert says so!!!

Nah, it probably just seems that way because the non-republican posters are more articulate.

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Nah, it probably just seems that way because the non-republican posters are more articulate.

son! you silly boy you!!!! I bet you had to google how to spell "articulate"!!!

JoeChalupa
10-23-2008, 09:36 AM

You can always go over to the sean inshannity forums with your other republican cronies where the older folk post. :lol

And yeah...we are cool.

DaDakota
10-23-2008, 09:36 AM
The Repubs blew it, their ideas broke, and they don't have any new ones to fix this country.

They need to go huddle up and call a new play.

DD

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 09:37 AM
You can always go over to the sean inshannity forums with your other republican cronies where the older folk post. :lol

And yeah...we are cool.

son I am not a fan of Hannity. he is ok at times (at best). god bless. now go back to watching your Obama news network AKA CNN

DaDakota
10-23-2008, 09:41 AM
son I am not a fan of Hannity. he is ok at times (at best). god bless. now go back to watching your Obama news network AKA CNN

I hear this a lot.

The only 2 news networks consistently in the tank are.

Fox - which is really the FIX network for the Republicans

and

MSNBC - or rather MSDNC....clearly in the Dems corner

CNN is probably the most fair and balanced news network there is.

DD

Hook Dem
10-23-2008, 09:42 AM

And yeah...we are cool.

Careful Joe! You aren't exactly a spring chicken!:lmao

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 09:45 AM
I hear this a lot.

and

DD

CNN fair? LMAO ... gimme a break.

RandomGuy
10-23-2008, 09:45 AM
I stopped by this site to get the google doc about Subprime loans and thought...wtf...this is a basketball discussion board...wow...for Texas basketball team fans you guys are fucking cool!

San Antonio seems to attract some smart people. I really love the town.

JoeChalupa
10-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Careful Joe! You aren't exactly a spring chicken!:lmao

D'OH!! :lol

DaDakota
10-23-2008, 09:48 AM
CNN fair? LMAO ... gimme a break.

Funny how whenever news is bad the Repubs call it the liberal media, but when news favors them it is positive.

It is amazing how little people think for themselves these days.

Just follow the stump speaches...and fear the black man running for President.

DD

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Funny how whenever news is bad the Repubs call it the liberal media, but when news favors them it is positive.

DD

son the ONLY news network that leans to the right is Fox News, but they ALWAYS have representatives from both parties involved in discussions (unlike CNN or MSNBC). CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc. are ALL clearly in the tank for the Democratic party.

RandomGuy
10-23-2008, 09:59 AM
son the ONLY news network that leans to the right is Fox News, but they ALWAYS have representatives from both parties involved in discussions (unlike CNN or MSNBC). CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc. are ALL clearly in the tank for the Democratic party.

Piffle.

If there were truly a 100% balanced and objective network, you would STILL call it "in the tank" for the Democrats because it isn't sucking Rove's dick like Fox "News".

You would not be happy unless they were all clearly leaning to the right, so your opinion as to what network is "in the tank" is not something anyone with any sense would hang their hat on.

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Piffle.

If there were truly a 100% balanced and objective network, you would STILL call it "in the tank" for the Democrats because it isn't sucking Rove's dick like Fox "News".

You would not be happy unless they were all clearly leaning to the right, so your opinion as to what network is "in the tank" is not something anyone with any sense would hang their hat on.

LOL at you son! you silly dem. it must be easy to make comments like that whenever you know that 90% of the media leans to the left huh? it amazes me that ONE news channel (Fox News) drives you liberals crazy! (and kicks everyone else's ass in ratings). truthfully though, I think we all know that it is impossible for any news network to be 100% fair.

FromWayDowntown
10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
This thread is full of :cry

DaDakota
10-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Funny how he calls me son, when I am probably a lot older than him.

DD

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Funny how he calls me son, when I am probably a lot older than him.

DD

thanks son. god bless

101A
10-23-2008, 10:06 AM
I hear this a lot.

and

DD

PBS has the most balanced news; it's why they got to moderate 2/4 debates.

101A
10-23-2008, 10:07 AM

DD

btw. I've enjoyed our infrequent discussed in the Dish on Clutch.

DaDakota
10-23-2008, 10:41 AM
btw. I've enjoyed our infrequent discussed in the Dish on Clutch.

Cool, what is your handle over there?

DD

RandomGuy
10-23-2008, 10:42 AM
it amazes me that ONE news channel (Fox News) drives you liberals crazy! (and kicks everyone else's ass in ratings).

I really wish the other networks were as in the tank for the Dems as you seem to think they are.

I really really wish that they were as much to the left as Fox is to the right.

You are lucky that you are mostly wrong about this.

The thing that pisses me off, if that the main networks are overly-sensitive to such charges at times, and purposefully go out of their way to treat the right with kid gloves at times, and give air time to the most spurious and moronic right wingers to spout their nonsense, and not call them on it, in the interest of "fairness".

Not all ideas are created equal, and good critical thinking should never be set aside in the rush to be "fair".

DaDakota
10-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Fox = Al Jazeera.

DD

RandomGuy
10-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Fox = Al Jazeera.

DD

More like =National Enquirer.

They get more ratings because they spend more time talking about Britney Spears than the other networks.

Fox is money first, politics second, never forget that.

If there is a conflict between bashing Democrats and sensationalistic pictures of celebrity meltdowns that pump up ratings, the latter always wins.

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 10:48 AM

They get more ratings because they spend more time talking about Britney Spears than the other networks.

If there is a conflict between bashing Democrats and sensationalistic pictures of celebrity meltdowns that pump up ratings, the latter always wins.

son you are a fool to believe that.

Cry Havoc
10-23-2008, 12:10 PM

Welcome to Spurstalk. Mind the trolls. Don't talk to ducks, and enjoy your stay. :toast

Viva Las Espuelas
10-23-2008, 12:17 PM
I really wish the other networks were as in the tank for the Dems as you seem to think they are.

I really really wish that they were as much to the left as Fox is to the right.

You are lucky that you are mostly wrong about this.

dude, ever heard of msnbc. i watch all of them cnn, fox, msnbc(in that order) and i can't take much of msnbc. that new msnbc show with the kid that used to be on The Next Generation is about as unwatchable as olbermann.

The thing that pisses me off, if that the main networks are overly-sensitive to such charges at times, and purposefully go out of their way to treat the right with kid gloves at times, and give air time to the most spurious and moronic right wingers to spout their nonsense, and not call them on it, in the interest of "fairness".
so i guess that palin interviews with gibson and couric don't qualify.

boutons_
10-23-2008, 12:22 PM
All the news orgs are for-profit businesses selling viewers (audience ratings) to advertisers.

That's why it's perfectly legit for HUSSEIN to sell TV access to his election night meeting. The ratings/ad rates will be enormous. Why should he or McUnStable give away access?

hater
10-23-2008, 12:30 PM
son there is a lot of democrat trash around here

then why you keep coming back you stupid cunt? :)

lurker23
10-23-2008, 12:41 PM

I hear this a lot.

and

DD

I agree with both of these. CNN is where I get most of my news. However, on the whole, I'm not sure I entirely like CNN's way of becoming balanced. Basically, they put hardcore partisans from both sides on the air and let them go at it. It makes it more balanced, but you get a little too much political Republican/Democrat bickering. I wish there were a 24-hour news network that was completely neutral, but I guess no matter what you're going to get accusations of partisanship.

Oh, and one thing about Fox News...if there's a war going on, you can turn them on and not have to go to the movie theater for quite a while, as they treat those conflicts like action flicks.

hater
10-23-2008, 12:42 PM
I watch CNN too. but I hate that right now they go to commercials every 2 minutes. they are milking these fucking elections. And they make a big deal out of anything anyone says to keep you watching.

This makes me feel all they want is their $$.

oh and I hate Lou Dobbs. Worst news program ever

peewee's lovechild
10-23-2008, 03:54 PM

You're an idiot.

CNN has Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck who spew their conservative bullshit all the time.

Also, whenever they're covering politics, they have representatives from both sides (Alex Castellanos, Bill Bennett, Ed Rollins, Leslie Sanchez, and the black chick whose name I can't remember that defends McCain like she was his lover). Even Tony Snow joined CNN and served as a political contributor until he died.

You don't know jack shit.

DarkReign
10-23-2008, 03:58 PM
oh and I hate Lou Dobbs. Worst news program ever

I guess I have never watched enough of him to get that feeling...I like his program.

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Beck is moving to FOX news I believe.

RandomGuy
10-23-2008, 04:12 PM

son you are a fool to believe that.

What, you don't think Britney Spears is worth a lot of ratings?

When Britney had her little meltdown, it was like Fox became the 24 hour Britney news channel.

My wife and I are news junkies and everytime we turned the channel between the news networks, it seemed to me that Fox was on Britney Defcon 1

balli
10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
I can't believe you guys even watch cable coverage, left or right. That shit is just awful. Hell, I even watch the debates on fucking PBS.

RandomGuy
10-23-2008, 04:15 PM
I guess I have never watched enough of [Lou Dobbs] to get that feeling...I like his program.

Lou was ok, until he turned into some kind of anti-illegal immigrant crusader.

:sleep

balli
My wife and I are news junkies and everytime we turned the channel between the news networks, it seemed to me that Fox was on Britney Defcon 1

I've only seen maybe 30 seconds of Fox News coverage in my entire life, but that 30 seconds is seared into my brain as one of the more surreal things I've seen on television. Just a complete fraud of a network.

JoeChalupa
I can't believe you guys even watch cable coverage, left or right. That shit is just awful. Hell, I even watch the debates on fucking PBS.

I watched the debates on C-Span but I do watch all the news channels so I can get views from all sides and not just a biased view from that damn liberal media. :cuss

peewee's lovechild
10-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Beck is moving to FOX news I believe.

I know.

That only proves that CNN has some hardcore conservatives on thier network.

hater
10-23-2008, 06:04 PM
I guess I have never watched enough of him to get that feeling...I like his program.

well I hate that he calls himself an independent. But he is obviously pissed off as hell at Democrats and Obama.

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Lou Dobbs is a broken fucking record. They need to send him to FOX, fat old fuck can't stop yappin' over illegal immigration.

only1wwff
10-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Lou is STILL bitching about immigration? Alzheimers is a bitch...

S