PDA

View Full Version : Wallace on the block?

mfanatic
10-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Several NBA executives laughed over Charlotte Bobcats owner Robert Johnson’s insistence on Monday that he has no interest in selling his failing franchise. Sources say that there have already been overtures made to prospective buyers in recent months. As for the Bobcats roster, Larry Brown talked Michael Jordan out of trading forward Gerald Wallace over the summer, but that hasn’t stopped him from shopping him in the preseason, sources say. Charlotte was hoping to showcase Adam Morrison enough in the preseason to find a taker for him.

GET AFTER HIM, HE IS EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE LACKING!!!!!
WHATEVER IT TAKES OUTSIDE OF THE BIG THREE!!!

BacktoBasics
10-23-2008, 11:27 AM
As good as it sounds I don't think the Bobcats are looking for a pure salary dump. Thats not Larry's style and the Spurs don't have shit to offer in return.

SenorSpur
10-23-2008, 11:27 AM
I've loved Wallace for some time now. I loved him more before he got the $10mil contract from the Bobtails. Spurs cannot afford him, nor do they have anything to offer in return.

Dr. Gonzo
10-23-2008, 11:44 AM
How long before someone says to offer Bonner, Vaughn and picks for him?

Twisted_Dawg
10-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Offer Bonner, Vaughn and picks for him.

tp2021
10-23-2008, 11:47 AM
They should offer Bonner, Vaughn and picks for him.

MoSpur
10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Offer Manu, Bonner, Vaughn, and A pick.

tp2021
10-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Give them Steven.

Borosai
10-23-2008, 12:32 PM
How long before someone says to offer Bonner, Vaughn and picks for him?

2 minutes.

my2sons
10-23-2008, 02:57 PM
So what you are saying if I understand correctly, is that the spurs should offer, bonner, vaughan and picks for him

dbestpro
10-23-2008, 03:07 PM
I got an idea! Maybe we could trade Bonner and Vaughn for him. Oh geez the salaries don't match. I know lets give Horry a gazillion dollars and trade hime too.

lurker23
10-23-2008, 03:32 PM
I want to keep Bonner. Give them Vaughn, Beno, Mengke Bateer, and picks.

Allanon
10-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Gerald Wallace has some considerable talent, I don't understand why the Cats would want to trade him. I guess it's cuz they have an athletic guy already in Jefferson.

Adam Morrison can shoot the lights out, he'd be a great player for the Spurs at the 3 spot. He's also deceptively fast and can handle the ball.

mexicanjunior
10-23-2008, 04:58 PM
If the Spurs could make that trade happen, it would put them at the front of the West IMHO. Wallace is a better version of Stephen Jackson...

JamStone
10-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Gerald Wallace has some considerable talent, I don't understand why the Cats would want to trade him. I guess it's cuz they have an athletic guy already in Jefferson.

Jason "Richardson?"

Adam Morrison can shoot the lights out, he'd be a great player for the Spurs at the 3 spot. He's also deceptively fast and can handle the ball.

He can't guard a lamp.

IronMexican
10-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Odumb for Wallace!

Bruno
10-23-2008, 05:37 PM
It will be interesting to see if the financial/economical crisis will have a significant effect on the NBA.
The BRI could decrease and so the salary cap and salaries. Players could get smaller contracts and rebuilding plans with teams going under the cap to sign new players, could be harder to do.
Another effect could be that some teams could be in financial trouble and decide to dump big contracts. If a team is ready to take these contracts, it should be able to get quality players on the cheap.

exstatic
10-23-2008, 06:26 PM
I've loved Wallace for some time now. I loved him more before he got the $10mil contract from the Bobtails. Spurs cannot afford him, nor do they have anything to offer in return.

+1 billion

exstatic
10-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Odumb for Wallace!

Wallace probably make Odom look like Einstein.

exstatic
10-23-2008, 06:35 PM

37.5% FGs is lights out? Morrison is fucking horrible. If the NBA gave us a salary exception for him, and Jordan dropped him off at the door, I'd hunt him down and return the scrub.

batman2883
10-23-2008, 06:55 PM

how dare you you bastard

sexinthatsx
10-23-2008, 07:12 PM
man... if we get gerald wallace I will SHIT MY PANTS! P.S. I think i have a better sig of alba batman ;)

Russ
10-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Given Pop and Larry Brown's cooperation in the past, this seems more possible than most trade ideas. (Plus, Larry always loves to shake up a roster as he walks in the door.)

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98178

MrChug
10-23-2008, 07:17 PM
All of these offers or just preposterous. We should just swallow the lumps in our collective throats, say goodbye to production and send (dare I say it?) Jacques Vaughn, Matt Bonner, and if it's NECESSARY (the vultures) a 2nd round pick...

:cry OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

http://media.herald-dispatch.com/blog/idol/uploaded_images/Crying-Girl-789385.jpg

...wait, has anyone thought of that yet???

byrdman31
10-23-2008, 08:48 PM

i agree.. except for manu tho:nope

Dr. Gonzo
10-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Give them Steven.

Our salaries don't match.

AC#21_TD ERA
10-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Several NBA executives laughed over Charlotte Bobcats owner Robert Johnson’s insistence on Monday that he has no interest in selling his failing franchise. Sources say that there have already been overtures made to prospective buyers in recent months. As for the Bobcats roster, Larry Brown talked Michael Jordan out of trading forward Gerald Wallace over the summer, but that hasn’t stopped him from shopping him in the preseason, sources say. Charlotte was hoping to showcase Adam Morrison enough in the preseason to find a taker for him.

GET AFTER HIM, HE IS EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE LACKING!!!!!
WHATEVER IT TAKES OUTSIDE OF THE BIG THREE!!!

Did you forget who our front office is?

SpurSupremacist
10-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Tony and Kurt Thomas for Gerald and Okafor. They'd never do it, but we'd have to do that deal if they would.

El Toro
10-24-2008, 08:58 PM
The Bobcats are a joke. Sadly, the city of Charlotte is going to wind up losing another franchise within ten years. Robert Johnson seems lost and clueless as an owner.

Anyhow, as much as a player of Wallace's talent would be a great fit, the Spurs don't have the manpower to offer up to get him.