PDA

View Full Version : 'b' Carved Into 20-year Old Woman's Face... Developing...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Viva Las Espuelas
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM
from drudge:
SHOCK: MCCAIN CAMPAIGN VOLUNTEER ATTACKED AND MUTILATED IN PITTSBURGH

so which supporters are you now disgusted with??????

:corn:

DarkReign
10-23-2008, 02:51 PM
link?

DarkReign
10-23-2008, 02:52 PM
...as in, I see the headline, but no accompanying story.

SpursFanFirst
link?

http://www.drudgereport.com/

edit: oh...well, it says it's developing.

CuckingFunt
so which supporters are you now disgusted with??????

This election? Same as before: all of them.

Luckily, I'm not casting my vote for either campaign's supporters.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
link?
it's just a blurb on drudge right now. hopefully it's legit, and i just mean that towards the validity of the headline.

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Says the story is developing. I guess they're just making it up as they go along.

DarkReign
10-23-2008, 02:54 PM
it's just a blurb on drudge right now. hopefully it's legit, and i just mean that towards the validity of the headline.

I understand.

I hope its not, in that I hope Americans arent mutilating one another over a POTUS election.

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Lol

balli
10-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Good.

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Too bad it wasn't a D so she could put the fence logo on the other cheek.

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM
At least they would have left the H off.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Luckily, I'm not casting my vote for either campaign's supporters.

it was just to the people passing judgement on the candidates themselves on account of their jackass supporters.

Trainwreck2100
10-23-2008, 03:04 PM
its lowercase so maybe she was being a bitch?

Findog
10-23-2008, 03:05 PM
If true, that's just as bad as the racist nuts at the McCain rallies.

See how hard that was? There were quite a few conservatives on here that tried to rationalize the shit that was being spewed at the rallies.

Trainwreck2100
10-23-2008, 03:06 PM

See how hard that was? There were quite a few conservatives on here that tried to rationalize the shit that was being spewed at the rallies.

This is worse, those racist nutjobs didn't attack anybody, yet.

boutons_
10-23-2008, 03:08 PM
McSleazeBall and pitbull bitch are overwhelmingly responsible for their own slime, slander, lies, and inflammatory demagoguery and rabble rousing.

If the tone of the campaign inflames people of either side to violence, the responsibility is with the Repugs, not with the Dems. Been like that for 20 years, going back to Atwater's tool Willie Horton.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-23-2008, 03:09 PM
well a GOP's house was shot up. i need to look for that. and then there were some other GOP's houses that were tagged.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-23-2008, 03:10 PM
its lowercase so maybe she was being a bitch?
actually i copied and pasted it from the site and it should've been a capital b. damn the uncapitalizing of titles program that is in this message board.

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 03:11 PM

Yes. Carving letters in peoples' faces is JUST AS BAD as people yelling out words.

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 03:12 PM
McSleazeBall and pitbull bitch are overwhelmingly responsible for their own slime, slander, lies, and inflammatory demagoguery and rabble rousing.

If the tone of the campaign inflames people of either side to violence, the responsibility is with the Repugs, not with the Dems. Been like that for 20 years, going back to Atwater's tool Willie Horton.

What a shock from the great Boutons. It's the repugs fault!

:lol

Trainwreck2100
10-23-2008, 03:13 PM
actually i copied and pasted it from the site and it should've been a capital b. damn the uncapitalizing of titles program that is in this message board.

That motherfucker had time to complete the two loops required for an uppercase "B" he could have used the second loop time to make an o and you'd have "b o"

Findog

Well, I'm still waiting for Drudge to actually post a fucking link.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
it was just to the people passing judgement on the candidates themselves on account of their jackass supporters.

I agree that the actions are the responsibility of the supporters. But the incitement to violence is also valid for discussion and completely lopsided in this election. All candidates have a responsibility to distance themselves and their movement from the actions of crazy people, not to fan the nutball flames.

I couldn't hold McCain or Obama responsible for the actions of their supporters. But I could hold them accountable for behaviors they exhibited that may have created a dangerous atmosphere of hostility and permissiveness.

Findog
10-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes. Carving letters in peoples' faces is JUST AS BAD as people yelling out words.

It's Drudge. I'll wait for a link...or for the mainstream press to report it. How do we even know that this is politically motivated?

Shastafarian
Well, I'm still waiting for Drudge to actually post a fucking link.

Surely Matt Drudge would never post something without first corroborating it.

Bartleby
A simple "O" would have been easier than a "B"

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Why am I not surprised there is no link.

Findog
10-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Still "developing..."

boutons_
10-23-2008, 03:17 PM
"It's the repugs fault!"

Happy to see Anti-Hero agrees, finally

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 03:19 PM
"It's the repugs fault!"

Happy to see Anti-Hero agrees, finally

I couldn't help it :( The repugs made me post it. :depressed

Findog
10-23-2008, 03:20 PM
There's nothing on the Pittsburgh Tribune Review's website, and they're owned by that conservative fucktard Richard Mellon Scaife. I would assume that's where Drudge would have gotten this.

Still "developing..."

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Usually it takes more than an hour for these developing stories to be updated.

Probably just a lame attempt to get more hits. This is too good a story to keep us waiting :(

AntiChrist
10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
I endorse this attack.

B.H.O.

VaSpursFan
10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
hook...line...sinker

ChumpDumper
10-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Reprehensible if true, but color me skeptical.

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard tells Channel 4 Action News that the victim was robbed at knifepoint on Wednesday night outside of a Citizens Bank near Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street just before 9 p.m.

Richard said the robber took $60 from the woman, then became angry when he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the victim's car.

The attacker then punched and kicked the victim, before using the knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face, Richard said.

Richard said the woman refused medical treatment after the assault, which happened outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras.

The link to the article did not work.

Just another attack that will be loosely tied to the election. :sleep

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 03:29 PM
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/17789356/detail.html

ChumpDumper
10-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Ok the second link works.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2008, 03:31 PM
The robber is described as a dark-skinned black man, 6 feet 4 inches tall, 200 pounds with a medium build, short black hair and brown eyes. The man was wearing dark colored jeans, a black undershirt and black shoes.

How tall is Obama?

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 03:31 PM
She refused medical treatment? After somebody carved a letter "B" into her face?

timvp
10-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Can't wait to read this spin by the Obamatards.

Findog
Agreed with Chump, that is reprehensible, but trying to tie that to Obama's campaign or his supporters is fucking lame. Drudge's original headline makes it seem like she was attacked while canvassing by Obama supporters.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
I feel bad for anyone that is a victim of violence...but this just seems hard to swallow.

Who refuses medical treatment after being attacked with a knife?

Bartleby

Doesn't sound like there is much here to spin.

timvp
10-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Agreed with Chump, that is reprehensible, but trying to tie that to Obama's campaign or his supporters is fucking lame.

:rolleyes

Seriously, bro, if a McCain supporter would have carved an "Mc" onto someone's face you'd be all over it. And so would 90% of this forum.

Let's be real.

timvp
10-23-2008, 03:35 PM
I feel bad for anyone that is a victim of violence...but this just seems hard to swallow.

Who refuses medical treatment after being attacked with a knife?

Health care isn't free.

Yet.

LnGrrrR
10-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Here's the Obama campaign's "spin" on it most likely...

Crazy robber. Did a horrible thing. I think it's bad.

Need he say more? Or has he secretly been telling people at rallies to rob people and then carve letters into them?

MaryAnnKilledGinger

Seriously, bro, if a McCain supporter would have carved an "Mc" onto someone's face you'd be all over it. And so would 90% of this forum.

Let's be real.

Um. No. At the very least I'd want some indication that the persona was an actual supporter of either candidate and not just some thug high on meth.

Anti.Hero
Stealing a person's money and then leaving the mark of the Barrack on them.

You have to love the irony.

DarkReign
Man, there are some whacked out losers running around in the world using up all the good damn air. Waste of space and time.

timvp
Um. No. At the very least I'd want some indication that the persona was an actual supporter of either candidate and not just some thug high on meth.
That hasn't stopped Obama supporters before.

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty cheap, but if somebody carved up my face I'd at least want to have it looked at

DarkReign
10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Stealing a person's money and then leaving the mark of the Barrack on them.

You have to love the irony.

:lmao

baseline bum
10-23-2008, 03:38 PM
b? I thought it was supposed to be an 'A' for Ayers.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Health care isn't free.
Yet.

Good point.

In many cases of violence, the state picks up some basic expenses when they involve collecting evidence against a suspect (a rape kit, for example, is not charged to the victim). I'm going to see if I can find anything on the state policies of such in PA.

RandomGuy
10-23-2008, 03:39 PM

Let's be real.

Meh. I passed on posting a story about the death threats that the Ohio secstate has apparently been receiving.

JoeChalupa
10-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Those bastards!!!!

DarkReign
10-23-2008, 03:40 PM

Alright, youre officially being disingenuous.

Equating chants made by hundreds of his supporters in the presence of McCain at his campaign stops with a random act of robbery turned political statement is a stretch of the highest order.

While I understand what youre saying (the partisanship on this board clouding judgments and accusations), just come out and say that instead of insinuating it.

Trainwreck2100
10-23-2008, 03:43 PM
She refused medical treatment? After somebody carved a letter "B" into her face?

probably to play the role of martyr

LakeShow
10-23-2008, 03:44 PM

BlackSwordsMan
10-23-2008, 03:45 PM
She probably deserved it

Findog
10-23-2008, 03:45 PM

Let's be real.

I think there's a difference between a McCain supporter and some deranged criminal.

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I think there's a difference between a McCain supporter and some deranged criminal.

Is there?

(sorry, that was just too easy)

Findog
10-23-2008, 03:47 PM

Example?

RandomGuy
10-23-2008, 03:47 PM
If you actually read the Pittsburgh article it was a robbery at an ATM.

The victim had a McCain bumper sticker, and that pissed the robber off after he saw it.

This was not a campaign worker who was attacked while passing out "Vote for McCain" leaflets, as Drudge seems to imply with the headline "Campaign worker attacked and mutilated".

Fucked up to be sure, but it falls more in the category of street crime than election violence. It was a robbery that happened to include a political element, as opposed to a purely poltically motivated attack.

Trainwreck2100
10-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Example?

the stuffed monkey thread, maybe the guy with the monkey just wanted to start shit.

AntiChrist
10-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Agreed with Chump, that is reprehensible, but trying to tie that to Obama's campaign or his supporters is fucking lame. Drudge's original headline makes it seem like she was attacked while canvassing by Obama supporters.

You tell em. My loyal soldiers had nothing to do with it.

Findog
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM
You tell em. My loyal soldiers had nothing to do with it.

Your wish is my Command, my Master.

timvp
10-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Alright, youre officially being disingenuous.

Equating chants made by hundreds of his supporters in the presence of McCain at his campaign stops with a random act of robbery turned political statement is a stretch of the highest order.Who said that's what I was equating it to? I'm talking about actual violence by "McCain supporters" being blamed on McCain rather than the person simply being a criminal. Many such threads exist in this forum and I've already commented on the hypocrisy.

AntiChrist
10-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Your wish is my Command, my Master.

You are a loyal and obedient servant.

DarkReign
10-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Who said that's what I was equating it to? I'm talking about actual violence by "McCain supporters" being blamed on McCain rather than the person simply being a criminal. Many such threads exist in this forum and I've already commented on the hypocrisy.

Oh. My apologies, then.

I honestly thought you were trying to equate the chants with this new story, in regards to partisans taking the more suitable side.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
So, not to blame the victim, but this is just bizarre. As a victim of a crime the officer taking her statement would have told her about victim's services and PA does have them just like any other state:
http://www.pccd.state.pa.us/pccd/cwp/view.asp?a=3&Q=571196

The most obvious reason is that she didn't want the publicity which is either suspect because she has something to hide, or a recrimination of our society that a victim would fear getting medical treatment because of the possibility of being victimized a second time by public scrutiny.

I'm not entirely sure which scenario is worse.

DarrinS
I generally think it's a bad idea to put your political ideology on your car or a sign in your yard.

I'm not saying she deserved it, but there's always some wacko out there with no respect for property or the law.

Just sayin.

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Did anyone ever post that Dem congressman getting shot by some dude who just walked into the office?

It was around the time of the DNC. Pretty crazy.

JoeChalupa
10-23-2008, 03:55 PM
I've got my Obama sign in my yard, and the bumper sticker too and yeah, I've gotten some nasty looks in my Obama shirt but...the time is now!!!

Findog
10-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Who said that's what I was equating it to? I'm talking about actual violence by "McCain supporters" being blamed on McCain rather than the person simply being a criminal. Many such threads exist in this forum and I've already commented on the hypocrisy.

To date, there haven't been any acts of violence perpetuated by McCain supporters. There have been threats of violence and extremely troubling rhetoric coming out of some of these rallies, but no violence. And I think what myself and other Obama supporters object to, or at least lay at the feet of the McCain campaign, is all of these insinuations from Palin that he "pals around with terrorists," he's not pro-America, he has "associations" that need to be looked at, he's not "one of us," etc. Then McCain comes along and says "No, no, you need not be afraid of or scared of Obama, you just have to disagree with his policies." The MILF lathers them up and then Grandpa comes along and hoses them down. He wants the benefit of these kinds of character attacks while seemingly distancing himself from them.

So, as for my official position on the ugly rhetoric coming from McCain supporters caught on tape, ultimately people are responsible for the views that they hold, but where are they getting this stuff from? The robocalls, the leaflets, the chain emails, etc. And that IS the responsibility of the McCain campaign. This looks like the work of some meth-addled street thug. Obama is not lathering up his supporters in a similar fashion.

timvp
10-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Let's be honest here and flip this situation. If a white man would have abducted a black woman and then would have inscribed McCain insignia on her skin after witnessing her support of Obama, this thread would be how McCain's actions during this election period have ignited hate and started a race war.

Truth.

Soul_Patch
10-23-2008, 03:58 PM
I think its because Obama is the antichrist...probably used those lasers in his eyes to burn the mark...he was probably going for 666, but fucked up, and just decided to leave it as a B, and move on.

fuckin obama...

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM
To date, there haven't been any acts of violence perpetuated by McCain supporters.

Actually a few reporters have had things thrown at them and at least one claimed to be physically assaulted.

http://joekillian.wordpress.com/2008/10/17/how-i-became-joe-sixpack/

DarkReign
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Let's be honest here and flip this situation. If a white man would have abducted a black woman and then would have inscribed McCain insignia on her skin after witnessing her support of Obama, this thread would be how McCain's actions during this election period have ignited hate and started a race war.

Truth.

Whoa man, I hope not. But that has more to do with racial relations than any political statement. Call it 70 race/30 political.

MannyIsGod
10-23-2008, 04:02 PM

Truth.

Yes it would have been worse. And if it was Obama who had the pregnant teenage daughter and not Palin he'd be losing in the polls and we'd hear about what a horrible father he was and how we couldn't expect him to run the country if he couldn't even run his own family.

There are double standards everywhere and they suck, but they are what they are. Now, that being said I don't think you can link Obama to this event in the same way you can directly link McCain and his surrogates to hateful speech.

But the bottom line is that while they may seem like simillar events and you can try to form a comparison they are night and day. Besides, you don't need this or any other horrible event to point out how retarded some supporters of Obama are. There is no doubt about that.

Oh, Gee!!
10-23-2008, 04:03 PM
I hope the catch the guy and he's punished according to the strictest measure available under the law. No excuse for that behavior whatsoever. Doesn't change my vote or view on the candidates. Stupid to make such a link.

timvp
10-23-2008, 04:05 PM
To date, there haven't been any acts of violence perpetuated by McCain supporters. O RLY?

That contradicts Obama backers not only in this thread but in countless other threads.

There have been threats of violence and extremely troubling rhetoric coming out of some of these rallies, but no violence. And I think what myself and other Obama supporters object to, or at least lay at the feet of the McCain campaign, is all of these insinuations from Palin that he "pals around with terrorists," he's not pro-America, he has "associations" that need to be looked at, he's not "one of us," etc. Then McCain comes along and says "No, no, you need not be afraid of or scared of Obama, you just have to disagree with his policies." The MILF lathers them up and then Grandpa comes along and hoses them down. He wants the benefit of these kinds of character attacks while seemingly distancing himself from them.

So, as for my official position on the ugly rhetoric coming from McCain supporters caught on tape, ultimately people are responsible for the views that they hold, but where are they getting this stuff from? The robocalls, the leaflets, the chain emails, etc. And that IS the responsibility of the McCain campaign. This looks like the work of some meth-addled street thug. Obama is not lathering up his supporters in a similar fashion.Obama's lathering is more subtle, to be sure. But driving home the notion repeatedly that electing McCain would continue all of Bush's current evils (and sometimes even worse), has Obama backers just as frenzied if not more frenzied. It's a cleaner version of politics than we seeing coming from McCain but it still is fundamentally based in fear.

Findog
10-23-2008, 04:07 PM

Truth.

That's not flipping the situation. Flipping the situation would be some meth-addled redneck robbing a black woman at an ATM and carving Mc into her face. And it would be hard to make the case that his actions were influenced by McCain's campaign.

JoeChalupa
10-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Tit for tat.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 04:08 PM

Truth.

Introducing race into the situation is a misnomer. We have no idea of the victim's race. Also, no one was abducted. By which I only mean that we have nothing to show this was anything other than a spur of the moment crime of opportunity.

Also, inscribing an insignia would be significant, as it indicates the relationship the criminal was establishing between his crime and his message.

I hold McCain responsible for his behavior and I think he and Palin have generated an unnecessary atmosphere of hate and anger and that they have laid the foundation that would lead to some people feeling they were doing their patriotic duty to eliminate Obama. I am still worried their rhetoric is going to get the guy killed.

That does not absolve the criminal of the actual crime. But there is a reason we have incite to violence laws. It's a very gray area with first ammendment issues.

But as long as you're being truthful, honestly consider. When Palin and McCain call Obama a friend of terrorists, don't you think they have some idea of the dangerous implications of their words?

timvp
10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
That's not flipping the situation. Flipping the situation would be some meth-addled redneck robbing a black woman at an ATM and carving Mc into her face. And it would be hard to make the case that his actions were influenced by McCain's campaign.How many Obama supporters would that stop from connecting it?

Trainwreck2100
Tit for tat.

blood for blood is the code of the streets

baseline bum

Truth.

If he carved a C on her head?

Findog
10-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Obama's lathering is more subtle, to be sure. But driving home the notion repeatedly that electing McCain would continue all of Bush's current evils (and sometimes even worse), has Obama backers just as frenzied if not more frenzied. It's a cleaner version of politics than we seeing coming from McCain but it still is fundamentally based in fear.

What do you mean by "frenzied?" What are Obama supporters been driven in a frenzy to do, besides donate money, canvass, phone bank and vote? There have been reports of vandalized yard signs, but I'm sure there are countless examples of that on both sides.

I don't hate McCain supporters, I just think they are terribly misguided. And I think it is reasonable to conclude that he wouldn't be much of an improvement on Bush.

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 04:11 PM
If he carved a C on her head?

Or a quick but faithful rendering of the straight talk express?

timvp
10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
But as long as you're being truthful, honestly consider. When Palin and McCain call Obama a friend of terrorists, don't you think they have some idea of the dangerous implications of their words?Dangerous, yes. But those thoughts are introduced to try to win the election, not for their dangerous side effects.

Findog
How many Obama supporters would that stop from connecting it?

I concede a lot of Obama supporters would run with it. But I would hope I would have the intellectual honesty to resist it.

boutons_
McMakesUpShit and pitbull bitch have ignored Ari Fleischer's advice of "Be careful what you say".

"thread would be how McCain's actions during this election period have ignited hate and started a race war."

HUSSEIN as foreigner, not American, anti-American, risky(nigga), exotic (nigga), uppity (nigga) characterize exactly what McLiar's campaign and surrogates have been coding into their attacks. ALL VERY INFLAMMATORY, divisive, degrading. And repugnant to a lot of independents have decided that's not the words they wan to hear from the next president.

The Repugs have successfully exploited anti-black racism as a wedge/poloarizing issue since Nixon.

Findog
10-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Dangerous, yes. But those thoughts are introduced to try to win the election, not for their dangerous side effects.

They are responsible though for the effects of those words. I understand that when it comes to presidential politics, the rule of the day seems to be that the ends justify the means. But they need to be careful, they are playing with fire.

JoeChalupa
10-23-2008, 04:14 PM
blood for blood is the code of the streets

street cred counts?

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 04:17 PM
O RLY?

That contradicts Obama backers not only in this thread but in countless other threads.

Obama's lathering is more subtle, to be sure. But driving home the notion repeatedly that electing McCain would continue all of Bush's current evils (and sometimes even worse), has Obama backers just as frenzied if not more frenzied. It's a cleaner version of politics than we seeing coming from McCain but it still is fundamentally based in fear.

Another round of ASSumptions and inferences that simply make no sense by our good friend Tim.

Obama lathering his supporters? Give me a break. He's allowed to point out his opponent's POLICY flaws, that's sort of what people running for office do. They compare and contrast their policy decisions. If Obama wants to say that McCain will for the most part continue George W. Bush's policies, he is perfectly in his right to do so. That is not "lathering his supporters", that's not even subtly "lathering his supporters". How you made this inference is beyond reason, you and Angel Luv need to get a room :lmao

It is in no way, shape, or form the same as what Palin and the McCain camp have been running around saying. The "Obama pals around with terrorists" statement was directly intended to incite fear and paranoia amongst the electorate. It is no surprise that we see the hate fests and outright racism at the McCain/Palin rallies now. That level of hostility DIDN'T EXIST a mere two months ago. Don't believe me, go look at the mountains of footage we have available. The hostility started as soon as the McCain campaign decided to manipulate the electorate's fear of terrorism.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-23-2008, 04:18 PM
What do you mean by "frenzied?" What are Obama supporters been driven in a frenzy to do, besides donate money, canvass, phone bank and vote? There have been reports of vandalized yard signs, but I'm sure there are countless examples of that on both sides.

I don't hate McCain supporters, I just think they are terribly misguided. And I think it is reasonable to conclude that he wouldn't be much of an improvement on Bush.

"frenzied"
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/10/21/vo.palin.protesters.kkco?iref=videosearch

DarrinS
10-23-2008, 04:18 PM
I hold McCain responsible for his behavior and I think he and Palin have generated an unnecessary atmosphere of hate and anger and that they have laid the foundation that would lead to some people feeling they were doing their patriotic duty to eliminate Obama. I am still worried their rhetoric is going to get the guy killed.

But as long as you're being truthful, honestly consider. When Palin and McCain call Obama a friend of terrorists, don't you think they have some idea of the dangerous implications of their words?

Then you must think George Stephanopolis is trying to get Obama killed.

The McCain campaign didn't INVENT this issue of Barack's association with Bill Ayers. This thing was batted around before Obama was even the nominee.

wEajOYOE5Yw

Viva Las Espuelas
10-23-2008, 04:19 PM
........by our good friend Tim.:lmao

RandomGuy
10-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Dangerous, yes. But those thoughts are introduced to try to win the election, not for their dangerous side effects.

Side effects that are entirely predictable, if one has any common sense.

Good thing for Obama that either McCain or McCain's handlers don't.

Findog
10-23-2008, 04:21 PM

The McCain campaign didn't INVENT this issue of Barack's association with Bill Ayers. This thing was batted around before Obama was even the nominee.

wEajOYOE5Yw

And McCain chose to revive it.

DarrinS
10-23-2008, 04:23 PM
And McCain chose to revive it.

There's no crime in doing so and there are legitimate reasons for doing so. Obama may not be a terrorist, be he sure hangs out with some super left-wing nutjobs.

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 04:23 PM

wEajOYOE5Yw

That's not the point of what we're saying and you know it.

It's one thing to question Obama's serving on a SCHOOL board with Ayers as questionable, which by the way is a totally ridiculous accusation. It's another thing to say he pals around with known terrorists, when that clearly isn't the case.

McCain and Palin knew what they were doing when they said what they said. They knew the ramifications, they knew the side effects. If there is ever a line we shouldn't cross in politics, this is it.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 04:25 PM

Context is everything. I can't get over the things people try to equate as apples to apples in this election.

The old yelling fire in a crowded theater standard applies.

A reporter doing his job and investigating the possible ties between a candidate and their past associations is not the same thing as standing in a crowd of chanting, cheering (and, often, somewhat frightened) people and calling someone a terrorist. It just isn't. Trying to compare the two is an insult to anyone with an IQ over 6.

Mob fights take place at sporting events. People in chanting, screaming groups have to be handled responsibly. Anyone applying for the job of leading our nation should know that.

timvp
Another round of ASSumptions and inferences that simply make no sense by our good friend Tim.

Obama lathering his supporters? Give me a break. He's allowed to point out his opponent's POLICY flaws, that's sort of what people running for office do. They compare and contrast their policy decisions. If Obama wants to say that McCain will for the most part continue George W. Bush's policies, he is perfectly in his right to do so. That is not "lathering his supporters", that's not even subtly "lathering his supporters". How you made this inference is beyond reason, you and Angel Luv need to get a room :lmaoTheMadHatter again showing off his great reading comprehension skills. Do you not know what lathering means? If you don't think Obama equating McCain's every move to Bush isn't lathering his supporters, dropping out of high school wasn't the greatest of ideas for you.

It is in no way, shape, or form the same as what Palin and the McCain camp have been running around saying. The "Obama pals around with terrorists" statement was directly intended to incite fear and paranoia amongst the electorate. It is no surprise that we see the hate fests and outright racism at the McCain/Palin rallies now. That level of hostility DIDN'T EXIST a mere two months ago. Don't believe me, go look at the mountains of footage we have available. The hostility started as soon as the McCain campaign decided to manipulate the electorate's fear of terrorism.Were you born after the primaries?

Seriously?

Findog
There's no crime in doing so and there are legitimate reasons for doing so. Obama may not be a terrorist, be he sure hangs out with some super left-wing nutjobs.

I think Obama deserves a mild amount of criticism for cutting corners and agreeing to serve on the Annenberg Challenge with Ayers and for letting Ayers host a fundraiser. Politicians cut corners, Obama is no different and this is an example of that. McCain has chosen to make that relationship the centerpiece of his campaign, and he let his VP make the charge that he "pals around with terrorists," not "he served on a board with Bill Ayers in an act of political cowardice."

timvp
10-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Side effects that are entirely predictable, if one has any common sense.So McCain could concede?

Good thing for Obama that either McCain or McCain's handlers don't.Maybe.

timvp
10-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Where were the Obama supporters rushing in to say that this guy was a deranged criminal and not a direct soldier sent from McCain's camp? (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107393) From that story, you don't even know who he's voting for ... yet that didn't stop the connection.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 04:33 PM

It's his JOB. Like it or not Ayers sits on community boards that a politician like Obama has to deal with. The fact that he listened respectfully and interacted like an adult with Ayers isn't a damning thing. It proves he's a grown up.

Do you know how many politicians had interactions with the People's Temple in the 60s? Nearly every politician in California.

McCain has had to spend time with the the right-wing nut job fundamentalists as well. He's made peace with Falwell in the name of trying to woo his base. Falwell said Americans deserved what happened on 9/11. Has Biden or Obama said McCain pals around with people who hate America?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Obama may not be a terrorist,
http://www.casinosonline.co.uk/images/bingo-pic.gif

no one said he ever was. they're just questioning his association with them. i hang out with obama supporters. does that make me an obaMESSidencon? hell no!! i'm sure we ALL hang out with various drunks, drug addicts, junkies,
domestic abusers(http://www.theimproper.com/Images/Art/sarah%20palin%20wink.jpg B2B), etc...

does that mean you're one?

clambake
10-23-2008, 04:37 PM
catching this guy sounds like a job for angel.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-23-2008, 05:55 PM

Pathetic liberal cunt forum.

Somehow I knew you'd try and brush this off as the fault of the Republicans. :lol

You've reached a new low today, cuntons :tu

boutons_
10-23-2008, 05:56 PM
The report:

Drudge's headline:

SHOCK: MCCAIN VOLUNTEER ATTACKED AND MUTILATED IN PITTSBURGH...'B' CARVED INTO 20-YEAR OLD WOMAN'S FACE... DEVELOPING...

Drudge is huge player in the right-wing hate-media, as his lying headline shows.

Findog
10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
She was getting cash from an ATM and her attacker saw her wearing a McCain button and flipped out. But to Drudge she's a "campaign volunteer."

What a fuckbag he is.

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 06:00 PM
is anyone surprised that it was a cowardly black man that did this ?

timvp
10-23-2008, 06:02 PM
She was getting cash from an ATM and her attacker saw her wearing a McCain button and flipped out. But to Drudge she's a "campaign volunteer."

What a fuckbag he is.Did you read the article?

Friends said she is in Pittsburgh volunteering for the McCain-Palin campaign.

clambake
10-23-2008, 06:03 PM
interesting that anyone would sit still while someone scratches a letter in their face.

Findog
10-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Did you read the article?

She wasn't canvassing at the time, was she?

LakeShow
10-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Fucked up what that idiot did and I hope they catch him.

At the same time I could see it coming. The monkey and the (photo below) is the kind of stuff that makes people angry and makes the idiots go over the top.

http://wkrc.img.cdn.dayport.com/img/dp_thumbs/thumb_1224242185499_0p1978446474928825.jpg

Racist Anti-Obama Display Hung From Tree in Fairfield (http://www.local12.com/mediacenter/[email protected]&navCatId=5)

timvp
10-23-2008, 06:05 PM
She wasn't canvassing at the time, was she?So that doesn't make her a campaign volunteer? WTF?

clambake
10-23-2008, 06:07 PM
i think it's interesting that a volunteer would sit still while someone carves a letter your face.

timvp
10-23-2008, 06:08 PM
http://spurstalk.com/ashley.jpg

Pretty horrible story, if true. I would be my skeptical myself but I'm sure the left well have every aspect of her life on display before morning.

Does she owe taxes? Has she ever been evicted? What were her grades in school?

Can't wait :hungry:

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 06:09 PM
interesting that anyone would sit still while someone scratches a letter in their face.

A backwards letter at that.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
A backwards letter at that.It's forwards if you look in a mirror.

Maybe the image is flipped.

clambake
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
if theres a knife in your face you would think your life is over, yet she clearly just stood there and let him do it.

i smell a rat.

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
It's forwards if you look in a mirror.

Exactly. I'm sure the ATM surveillance tape will clear this up.

clambake
10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
It's forwards if you look in a mirror.

Maybe the image is flipped.

do you smell a rat?

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Poor girl, sorry that had to happen to her. Hopefully her attacker is in jail now. Other than that there isn't anything worth discussing here.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2008, 06:15 PM
do you smell a rat?If I had to think anyone is up to shenanigans, it would be the image hoster.

As it is, it's just a super odd story. I'm sure we'll hear a lot more about it. She might be this week's JtP.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Nope, looks the same on Drudge.

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 06:20 PM
How do you get a black eye without swelling? Is that possible?

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Does this look like the same girl to everyone else?

http://lifeinthefield.com/blogs/ashley-todd

ChumpDumper
10-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Does this look like the same girl to everyone else?

http://lifeinthefield.com/blogs/ashley-toddLook at her blog from last night.

http://lifeinthefield.com/users/ashley-todd

Tully365
10-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Crazy story. Hopefully, if the cuts are deep, some plastic surgeon will offer to fix it for free while the nut responsible for it winds up behind bars. Is there surveillance footage of the crime?

clambake
10-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Crazy story. Hopefully, if the cuts are deep, some plastic surgeon will offer to fix it for free while the nut responsible for it winds up behind bars. Is there surveillance footage of the crime?

don't you smell the rat?

hitmanyr2k
10-23-2008, 06:32 PM
How do you get a black eye without swelling? Is that possible?

That's the first thing I noticed as well. Honestly, that picture looks like a Halloween make-up job :lol

Tully365
10-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Look at her blog from last night.

http://lifeinthefield.com/users/ashley-todd

It was blocked-- what did it say?

LakeShow
10-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Looks fishy. I find it hard to believe that a crack head (obviously what he was) would take the time to do that.

Tully365
10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
don't you smell the rat?

Explain?

ChumpDumper
10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
It was blocked-- what did it say?Really? It's all still there for me:

#

atodd: Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers- I'm phonebanking so let's all work together and get John McCain elected #litf08
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:55:41 +0000
#

atodd: Oh the blog I will be making soon... Its been a rough night #litf08
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 03:52:58 +0000
#

atodd: Pretty sure I'm on the wrong side of pittsburgh
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:45:59 +0000
#

atodd: Stubbornly searching for a bank of america to avoid ATM fees.
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:23:21 +0000
#

atodd: This traffic in pittsburgh needs to go away!!!! #litf08
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 23:04:06 +0000
#

atodd: Jammin to 80s rock baller #litf08
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:06:05 +0000
#

atodd: Wondering if my mad constitutional right debating skills will get me out of this speeding ticket I'm waiting to see the judge about.
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:47:51 +0000

Tully365
10-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Really? It's all still there for me:

#

atodd: Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers- I'm phonebanking so let's all work together and get John McCain elected #litf08
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:55:41 +0000
#

atodd: Oh the blog I will be making soon... Its been a rough night #litf08
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 03:52:58 +0000
#

atodd: Pretty sure I'm on the wrong side of pittsburgh
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:45:59 +0000
#

atodd: Stubbornly searching for a bank of america to avoid ATM fees.
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:23:21 +0000
#

atodd: This traffic in pittsburgh needs to go away!!!! #litf08
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 23:04:06 +0000
#

atodd: Jammin to 80s rock baller #litf08
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:06:05 +0000
#

atodd: Wondering if my mad constitutional right debating skills will get me out of this speeding ticket I'm waiting to see the judge about.
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:47:51 +0000

OK- that looks weird.

clambake
10-23-2008, 06:48 PM
attack happens at 9:00 and at 23:04:06 she's talking about the pittsburg traffic.

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 06:50 PM
That's some pretty great handwriting/carving considering the circumstances. Steady hand that one.

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 06:50 PM
attack happens at 9:00 and at 23:04:06 she's talking about the pittsburg traffic.

That's understandable. The traffic on 376 can be a real pain in the ass.

clambake
10-23-2008, 06:52 PM
That's understandable. The traffic on 376 can be a real pain in the ass.

the mccain campaign said they will not comment. hmmmm...

Centaur of the Sun
10-23-2008, 06:56 PM
I don’t mean to sound insensitive, but at a casual glance at that picture, it seems a bit … fake. Like the poster before said, there is no swelling or puffiness to her face and the attack just happened last night. The “B” looks too perfect to be done while she under duress. That crack head must have had really good penmanship.

Mr. Peabody
10-23-2008, 06:57 PM
A woman is quite disappointed that her love live has really gone down hill, that her husband doesn't pay any attention to her because of themassive crush he has on Brigette Bardot. She goes to the a tattoo shop one day, thinking if she had the letters"BB" tattooed on her breasts that maybe her husband would notice and pay attention to her.

Upon telling the tattooist her desires he explains, that due to the aging process and gravity, that the tattoo on her breasts might not be attractive several years later and suggests she have the initials put on her butt. She thinks it over and agrees, then leans over the table while the tattooist puts a "B" on each cheek.When her husband arrives at home from work she greets him, turns around, bends over and lifts her dress to expose the art work."What do you think?" she asks.

"Uh, who the fuck is BoB?" he replies.

timvp
10-23-2008, 06:59 PM
This is the most predictable thread in SpursTalk history.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm trying to reserve judgment, but this story is just too much.

So a girl who just happens to be an enthusiastic Mc/P supporter (so much so that she volunteers to leave her home town and volunteer all over the US) just happens to be the victim of a crime that has political implications.

A few things that bug me:

1. A girl by herself, after dark, in an unfamiliar place on a street that is strangely absent of other pedestrians at 9pm. But she gets out to use the ATM?

2. The assailant just happens to notice her bumper sticker instead of taking the money and running. He then takes the time to scratch a B onto her face - all the while it's only 9pm and another car or other pedestrians could come by at any time.

3. She refuses medical treatment. At the very least she should have agreed to a tetanus shot.

4. She found a camera awful fast for a victim of violence. Maybe I'm just a creature of my own vanity, but I wouldn't be so eager to be photographed and I'm not sure I'd be so emotionally prepared for my close-up.

5. The B is too neatly done and the black eye looks pretty minor. For a spur-of-the-moment act of rage, the wounds aren't characteristic. The wounds are just bad enough to showcase the abuse, but not medically serious. Obviously, emotional effects can't be photographed.

6. All of this just happens to take place in the October Surprise stage of a hotly contested election cycle.

Maybe this is all just a coincidence and maybe the poor girl is simply courageous. I'm going to try to err on her side while maintaining my skepticism. Maybe there are a lot of facts we don't know that make more sense. I really hope the press examines this kindly, carefully and responsibly, but I do hope they examine it.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2008, 07:01 PM
:lol I seriously don't know what to make of all this. The internets is an amazing thing.

clambake
10-23-2008, 07:04 PM
^she is courageous. to sit or stand so quietly and still with a knife in her face.

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:04 PM
I really hope the press examines this kindly, carefully and responsibly, but I do hope they examine it.You don't have to worry about that. I bet there are no less than a million Obama backers looking to discredit her this very instant.

If this is fake, which honestly it does look a little fishy, we will hear soon enough. Although kindly, carefully or responsibly will not describe how this will be examined.

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
http://spurstalk.com/ashley.jpg

Does she owe taxes? Has she ever been evicted? What were her grades in school?

Can't wait :hungry:

lol. TimVp may be an Obama supporter but at least he "gets it" :toast

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM
At least Drudge had the decency not to sensationalize the event.

LnGrrrR
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM
I agree with the others that the fact that the B is relatively neatly carved... which would be nigh impossible to do with a victim that, I assume, is struggling, is tough to swallow. But it gets even more unlikely when that B is backwards. I mean, that makes no sense at all. Unless you're looking into a mirror. Or it's supposed to be an 8 or something lol.

One way or another, it's certainly strange.

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Color me skeptical.

Ok the second link works.

If I had to think anyone is up to shenanigans, it would be the image hoster.

Nope, looks the same on Drudge.

:lol I seriously don't know what to make of all this. The internets is an amazing thing.

Where the hell is whottt when you need him?

Bartleby
Reminds me of that guy on the Electric Company who painted a number 8 on a bald guy's head.

clambake
hmmmmm....perfectly scratched to avoid laceration. hmmmmmm......with a knife.

Anti.Hero
The robber is described as a dark-skinned black man, 6 feet 4 inches tall, 400 pounds with a large build, short black hair and brown eyes. The man was wearing dark colored jeans, a black undershirt and black shoes.

oh snap

http://blog.cochesalaventa.com/_fotos/Big-Black-Goes-Green-in-His-Ford-Pinto_43478_2.jpg

J/K I love BigBlack.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
Although kindly, carefully or responsibly will not describe how this will be examined.

You know, this is one of those no-way-to-win situations. If it's a hoax and not examined it's a horrible statement of the depths of our country's state of partisanship. If it's real and an abuse victim is put through the public wringer, it's a horrible message to send to other victims of violence.

Does anyone happen to know about the area of PA the story claims the assault took place?

Centaur of the Sun
10-23-2008, 07:08 PM
I agree with the others that the fact that the B is relatively neatly carved... which would be nigh impossible to do with a victim that, I assume, is struggling, is tough to swallow. But it gets even more unlikely when that B is backwards. I mean, that makes no sense at all. Unless you're looking into a mirror. Or it's supposed to be an 8 or something lol.

Only way the B makes sense is if she was on the ground and he was over her facing her legs.

Or he's dyslexic

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't get why so many people are hung up on the backwards B. That is the least fishy thing about the image.

clambake
10-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Does anyone happen to know about the area of PA the story claims the assault took place?

if front of a mirror in a hotel room?

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 07:12 PM

If the photo was scanned it could be reversed. Or taken in a mirror. And, just for the record, it would not be at all unusual for a victim to stay perfectly still while being assaulted. Victims freeze, or obey orders in hopes of not being abused further.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 07:13 PM
if front of a mirror in a hotel room?

You are a bad, bad clam.

clambake
10-23-2008, 07:15 PM
You are a bad, bad clam.

:lol it's a joke. kinda like this story.

hitmanyr2k
10-23-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't get why so many people are hung up on the backwards B. That is the least fishy thing about the image.

The eye is the thing that doesn't look right to me. I've seen my share of black eyes and usually something is puffy...the eyelid, under the eye...something should be swollen if you get hit hard enough to produce that kind of look. Hell, how many black eyes has Ginobili had the past couple of years? :lol I remember there was a welt under his eye that took about a week to clear up. This girl's eye looks perfectly normal and proportionate with the other eye. She must have the healing powers of Wolverine :lol

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Puffiness doesn't have to go hand in hand with a black eye. You can get a black eye by getting punched in the nose.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 07:21 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/10/23/mccain-supporter-maimed-for-her-politics-by-robber/

"As for the reversed/upside-down B, all I can tell you is that I got this from a source close to Ashley, who assured me that she wanted to go public (it was also on her Twitter page) and that the photo came directly from her."

Oy.

"The attack began at 8:50 pm ET and Ashley called the police at 9:30 PM ET. Initially, she was robbed, ran away after the robbery, and the robber followed her to her car. At that point, he became enraged at the bumper sticker and began beating her and scratched the ‘B’ into her face. Ashley went to the hospital early this morning after initially refusing medical attention last night, and had an MRI and/or a CAT scan. Doctors believe her cheek will heal fully."

He followed her to her car after she ran and, became enraged by her bumper sticker and those are her wounds? Double oy.

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Curiouser and curiouser.

clambake
10-23-2008, 07:26 PM
And, just for the record, it would not be at all unusual for a victim to stay perfectly still while being assaulted. Victims freeze, or obey orders in hopes of not being abused further.

ok, so, how do you think it went?

bad guy: "give me all your money."

victim: "ok, just please don't hurt me."

bad guy running away: "goddamit is that a mccain sticker on your ride, bitch?"

victim: "yes, i'm a volunteer."

bad guy comes back: " well, because of that, i'm going to be extremely careful as i carve a letter in your face without cutting it, ok?"

victim: "ok, because i'm frozen in fear, so it should be easy."

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Do we have her credit score yet?

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Do we have her credit score yet?

You don't think anyone should be looking into this, Tim? Honestly?

Findog
10-23-2008, 07:29 PM
So that doesn't make her a campaign volunteer? WTF?

I'm probably making too much of his initial headline, but he had "McCain volunteer attacked" up for an hour without a link. My initial thought was that he was alleging Obama supporters had attacked a McCain canvasser doing her rounds. Then the real story is that she was at an ATM and the guy flipped out over a bumper sticker. It's Drudge being sensationalistic and misleading.

Tully365
10-23-2008, 07:31 PM

bad guy comes back: " well, because of that, i'm going to be extremely careful as i carve a letter in your face without cutting it, ok?"

I understand your skepticism with regards to the story, but the idea of a young woman freezing out of fear or after being told by an assailant with a weapon to not move is believable to me. I don't think that it's all that uncommon. Though, I do agree that the story sounds fishy.

clambake
10-23-2008, 07:32 PM
bill o isn't buying it.

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:32 PM
You don't think anyone should be looking into this, Tim? Honestly?I do. It's news, it should be delved into.

Although I'm sure we both know that before this story dies, we will know every last aspect of her life. It won't matter whether she is a plant or an actual victim, she is going to be under even more scrutiny than Joey da P.

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm probably making too much of his initial headline, but he had "McCain volunteer attacked" up for an hour without a link. My initial thought was that he was alleging Obama supporters had attacked a McCain canvasser doing her rounds. Then the real story is that she was at an ATM and the guy flipped out over a bumper sticker. It's Drudge being sensationalistic and misleading.What would a better headline have been?

"A non-canvassing McCain volunteer might have been attacked while at an ATM or might have gone emo. Developing .............."

clambake
10-23-2008, 07:35 PM
she's already had billo become a non-believer.

Tully365
10-23-2008, 07:35 PM
I do. It's news, it should be delved into.

Although I'm sure we both know that before this story dies, we will know every last aspect of her life. It won't matter whether she is a plant or an actual victim, she is going to be under even more scrutiny than Joey da P.

If she is a plant, won't she deserve any negative coverage she gets? That would be a pretty large scale scam.

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
If she is a plant, won't she deserve any negative coverage she gets? That would be a pretty large scale scam.Of course.

If she is an actual victim, then what?

Tully365
10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Can we all agree that whatever the case is, it doesn't change the respective characters of either McCain or Obama?

Tully365
10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Of course.

Then I'm 100% for protecting her privacy, if that's what she wants.

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Can we all agree that whatever the case is, it doesn't change the respective characters of either McCain or Obama?

Where was this truce when Obama supporters claimed McCain was behind an attack on a lady even though the guy was pissed at ACORN and never even mentioned McCain specifically?

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 07:39 PM
It's also interesting to me that Drudge had the fact that she was a McCain volunteer before the first local news station he initially linked to.

TMZ is claiming to have law enforcement sources that doubt the validity of the attack, but unless someone's going on the record it's just another rumor:
http://www.tmz.com/2008/10/23/politically-motivated-mutilation-real-or-hoax/

All the stories say she wrote about it in her twitter, but she's blocked it now. I can't say I blame her considering how vile some of the comments I've seen are. Some people really have no sense of perspective.

There is this in one of her friends' twitters:

http://twitter.com/meganritter
@taylorrhodes @whithyman @a_cooper @atodd Have you seen the news? J-Mac is diverting resources to PA and making his stand here. LET'S DO IT. 9:48 AM Oct 22nd from TwitterBerry in reply to taylorrhodes

Probably completely innocent - maybe the "let's do it" refers to some fundraising goal or something. But the day before the incident. Creepy.

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Then I'm 100% for protecting her privacy, if that's what she wants.It'll be too late.

She's screwed either way. She's either a liar and will be disgraced by everyone or she's a victim who will have her whole life exposed to the world.

LnGrrrR

:lmao

clambake
she should have thought about her privacy before she called the police after what she'd done.

i remember a lady that killed her kids in the car and blamed a black man.

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 07:41 PM
This has got to be one of the weirdest elections I've seen in my lifetime.

Findog
10-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Of course.

Then she deserves sympathy and the story should die a quick death.

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Then she deserves sympathy and the story should die a quick death.Yeah and there should be world peace.

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Where was this truce when Obama supporters claimed McCain was behind an attack on a lady even though the guy was pissed at ACORN and never even mentioned McCain specifically?

Link?

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah and there should be world peace.

Out of curiosity, how would you prefer people to be responding this this story? If you had your druthers?

timvp
Link?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2844394&postcount=110

And while you're at it ...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2844748&postcount=1253

Tully365

I had no part of that. Obama supporters share as many variations in personality, temperament and intelligence as McCain supporters, and Americans in general.

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Out of curiosity, how would you prefer people to be responding this this story? If you had your druthers?How about first wait until they review the ATM video tape. Is that asking too much?

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 07:47 PM
How about first wait until they review the ATM video tape. Is that asking too much?

So, you're of the opinion that we shouldn't be discussing it at all yet?

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:48 PM
So, you're of the opinion that we shouldn't be discussing it at all yet?Discussion is fine. Full blown investigation before the police have even indicated one way or another that this a legit claim can cause more damage than it can help.

How do you want this to be handled?

Tully365
10-23-2008, 07:51 PM
How about first wait until they review the ATM video tape. Is that asking too much?

...said the woman refused medical treatment after the assault, which happened outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras.

clambake
10-23-2008, 07:52 PM
tim didn't read the story.

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 07:54 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2844394&postcount=110

And while you're at it ...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2844748&postcount=1253

I would be interested to see how you do on the "Reading Comprehension" portion of the SAT.

Nobody in that thread was saying McCain was DIRECTLY responsible for the attack. Nobody in that thread believes McCain told his supporters to attack that woman.

What they are saying is McCain is purposefully injecting fear and hate into the political environment to garner votes, which as a side effect increases the likelihood that a supporter will do something stupid out of anger. You seem to fundamentally not understand this important distinction.

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:55 PM

...said the woman refused medical treatment after the assault, which happened outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras.The key being whether she was assaulted at all. Have the results of the ATM video been released?

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 07:55 PM

of course not. he's more than happy to throw out his ASSumptions and completely inaccurate conclusions so he can trash "Obamatards" as he likes to call them. his shtick is completely predictable.

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
The key being whether she was assaulted at all. Have the results of the ATM video been released?

what part of "outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras" don't you understand? god damn you are one dumb fuck.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Discussion is fine. Full blown investigation before the police have even indicated one way or another that this a legit claim can cause more damage than it can help.

How do you want this to be handled?

I want the press to be respectful to her. Since she's gone public, I hope she's prepared to answer questions fairly. Certainly I hope she's treated with kindness by those who deal directly with her.

I hope that anyone investigating this does so responsibly and carefully, but thoroughly and with skepticism.

I hope that anyone who treats her with bile gets bitch-slapped by karma.

If she's an innocent victim I hope the criminal responsible is caught and held responsible. I hope she gets any help she needs.

If she's putting forward a hoax, then I hope she doesn't cause too much damage to anyone's reputation and that she gets the help she needs.

As for what happens on a message board and who happens to say what? Who cares? I'm not sure it matters and I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone posting links, asking questions, or speculating. Making jokes about it might be off-color, but that's how some people deal with the unfortunate things we face in society. I don't see how talking about this issue or questioning it does any harm.

Just my take.

timvp
10-23-2008, 07:59 PM

...said the woman refused medical treatment after the assault, which happened outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras.

of course not. he's more than happy to throw out his ASSumptions and completely inaccurate conclusions so he can trash "Obamatards" as he likes to call them. his shtick is completely predictable.

Seriously, do I have to piece this together? I said review the ATM video tape. I didn't say review the video tape of her getting the B etched on her face.

RIF.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 08:00 PM
what part of "outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras" don't you understand? god damn you are one dumb fuck.

The cameras would be valuable for more than just the attack. They might show if the guy walked by, if he initiated the attack at the ATM. They also might show other cars/witnesses that could have seen the attacker or the victim prior to the attack.

timvp
10-23-2008, 08:01 PM

Are you really this stupid? You astound me with how damn dumb you. It's amazing.

"The attack began at 8:50 pm ET and Ashley called the police at 9:30 PM ET. Initially, she was robbed, ran away after the robbery, and the robber followed her to her car. At that point, he became enraged at the bumper sticker and began beating her and scratched the ‘B’ into her face. Ashley went to the hospital early this morning after initially refusing medical attention last night, and had an MRI and/or a CAT scan. Doctors believe her cheek will heal fully."All know is the ASSAULT took place outside of the video. Not the robbery.

Got damn. Log off the internet if you can't follow.

clambake
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Seriously, do I have to piece this together? I said review the ATM video tape. I didn't say review the video tape of her getting the B etched on her face.

RIF.

i'd bet my life she withdrew 60 bucks. she can't be that stupid. i'm also pretty sure she was completely alone.

Tully365
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM

RIF.

My post wasn't meant as an insult. I just thought that you had missed that sentence in the original story.

timvp
10-23-2008, 08:04 PM
i'd bet my life she withdrew 60 bucks. she can't be that stupid. i'm also pretty sure she was completely alone.

Exactly. Pretty sure. Why not check the tape to see if she was alone or you can see the robbery?

timvp
My post wasn't meant as an insult. I just thought that you had missed that sentence in the original story.Yeah, I just had to include your post since some others in this thread need their hand held through the discussion.

TheMadHatter
The cameras would be valuable for more than just the attack. They might show if the guy walked by, if he initiated the attack at the ATM. They also might show other cars/witnesses that could have seen the attacker or the victim prior to the attack.

How would they know the attack took place outside the view of the surveillance cameras unless they viewed the surveillance cameras???

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 08:06 PM
How would they know the attack took place outside the view of the surveillance cameras unless they viewed the surveillance cameras???

Because ATM cameras don't pan around like spotlights. When she pointed to the spot where it happened, if it was more than a few feet from the ATM, the cop would have known it was out of the line of sight of the camera.

clambake
10-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Exactly. Pretty sure. Why not check the tape to see if she was alone or you can see the robbery?

fuck that. i'd pay off a black man to take this rap, and pronto!!!

timvp
10-23-2008, 08:07 PM
I want the press to be respectful to her. Since she's gone public, I hope she's prepared to answer questions fairly. Certainly I hope she's treated with kindness by those who deal directly with her.

I hope that anyone investigating this does so responsibly and carefully, but thoroughly and with skepticism.

I hope that anyone who treats her with bile gets bitch-slapped by karma.

If she's an innocent victim I hope the criminal responsible is caught and held responsible. I hope she gets any help she needs.

If she's putting forward a hoax, then I hope she doesn't cause too much damage to anyone's reputation and that she gets the help she needs.

As for what happens on a message board and who happens to say what? Who cares? I'm not sure it matters and I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone posting links, asking questions, or speculating. Making jokes about it might be off-color, but that's how some people deal with the unfortunate things we face in society. I don't see how talking about this issue or questioning it does any harm.

Just my take.I agree with all of that. None of us are doing any harm. The ones who might be doing harm are the ones doing the actual digging. Sifting through the dirt during the excavation is fine since it's already unearthed.

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Because ATM cameras don't pan around like spotlights. When she pointed to the spot where it happened, if it was more than a few feet from the ATM, the cop would have known it was out of the line of sight of the camera.

Why do I get the feeling the surveillance tapes will end up showing us nothing?

timvp

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Holy shit what a stupid azz mufuka. :rollin

Findog
I agree with all of that.

:tu

MaryAnnKilledGinger has to be Rookie of the Year for Spurstalk, no?

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 08:09 PM
I agree with all of that. None of us are doing any harm. The ones who might be doing harm are the ones doing the actual digging. Sifting through the dirt during the excavation is fine since it's already unearthed.

Oh the gutter press? I'm right there with you. I'm also pretty ticked off at the nasty messages on her blog page right now. It's vile stuff. Especially when people can't know all the facts yet.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Why do I get the feeling the surveillance tapes will end up showing us nothing?

If it is a hoax, they could be very useful in helping to prove it. It would be hard to explain someone just standing there, for example, if an assault was taking place twenty feet away. I'd also be interested to know what's across the street and if there were any cameras over there.

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 08:12 PM
If it is a hoax, they could be very useful in helping to prove it. It would be hard to explain someone just standing there, for example, if an assault was taking place twenty feet away. I'd also be interested to know what's across the street and if there were any cameras over there.

I'll say this, if it is a hoax the Republicans would not be dumb enough to fuck it up.

They are too good at this.

clambake
10-23-2008, 08:13 PM
if there were a shred of hope for this being true, it would be the only topic on fox ALL DAY.

Findog
10-23-2008, 08:14 PM
http://wonkette.com/403763/gop-gal-claims-savage-negro-mugged-her-for-obama

The city’s non-wingnut paper, the fine Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, has a far less hysterical article, with this interesting bit from the police:

“This is what she’s telling police,” police spokeswoman Diane Richard said. “We can’t substantiate it at this time.”

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 08:14 PM
If it's a hoax I doubt it's any kind of conspiracy. Probably just somebody craving attention.

clambake
10-23-2008, 08:15 PM
If it's a hoax I doubt it's any kind of conspiracy. Probably just somebody craving attention.

yes, but with a motive. a politcal motive. you can't blame mccain.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 08:16 PM
I'll say this, if it is a hoax the Republicans would not be dumb enough to fuck it up.

They are too good at this.

If it is a hoax, it's a very misled young girl seeking attention for all the wrong reasons. Such people are not particularly stable and unlikely to be masterminds.

Or were you being a cuss?

TheMadHatter
10-23-2008, 08:18 PM
If it is a hoax, it's a very misled young girl seeking attention for all the wrong reasons. Such people are not particularly stable and unlikely to be masterminds.

Or were you being a cuss?

I never considered the possibility that it would be a lone Republican acting on her own.

I always assumed the party operatives would be behind something like this. Republicans typically are good at being lock step with the party line, hence why they have controlled the Presidency for 20 of the last 28 years.

timvp
10-23-2008, 08:20 PM
:tu

MaryAnnKilledGinger has to be Rookie of the Year for Spurstalk, no?Yes, she has been a very good addition :tu

If it's a hoax I doubt it's any kind of conspiracy. Probably just somebody craving attention.Even though a hoax wouldn't have come directly from McCain, it could cause pretty significant damage to McCain. It'd just be another black eye, no pun intended.

If it's legit, I don't know what type of fallout there will be. Could it put Pennsylvania in play? Doubt it but who knows.

Tully365
10-23-2008, 08:23 PM

"The woman is from College Station, Texas."

Is this near San Antonio?

CuckingFunt
10-23-2008, 08:25 PM

I don't consider myself a member of said tards, but the article says he was already in the process of mugging her when he decided to make it political. Clearly we're not talking about a pillar of society driven to madness by his Obama worship.

EDIT: Fuck! Nine pages? Since this afternoon?

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 08:25 PM

Not exactly near, but not far enough either.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 08:26 PM
I never considered the possibility that it would be a lone Republican acting on her own.

I always assumed the party operatives would be behind something like this. Republicans typically are good at being lock step with the party line, hence why they have controlled the Presidency for 20 of the last 28 years.

You know, I'm pretty disgusted with American politics and even I can't imagine anyone using a 20 year old girl for something like this.

And the Republicans are not as slick as all that.

:::cough::: Watergate :::cough:::

Findog
10-23-2008, 08:27 PM

Not really. Probably about 2-3 hours east by car.

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 08:32 PM
sons this is exactly the type of behavior that true liberals support. sad

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 08:33 PM
sons this is exactly the type of behavior that true liberals support. sad

Finally, the voice of reason.

Tully365
10-23-2008, 08:34 PM

:lol +666

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 08:34 PM

thanks son. god bless

Tully365
10-23-2008, 08:38 PM
thanks son. god bless

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107759

New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul encouraged people to vote in a Web commercial for the Obama campaign-sponsored Web site.

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 08:41 PM

New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul encouraged people to vote in a Web commercial for the Obama campaign-sponsored Web site.

That may even cancel out the Spencer Hawes influence.

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 08:41 PM

son like that is a surprise? 93% of black people are voting for Obama. nothing new there

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 08:42 PM
son...

Exactly how many kids do you have on this forum?

timvp
10-23-2008, 08:43 PM
College Station? Maybe AHF was on to something . . .

Shastafarian
10-23-2008, 08:45 PM
son like that is a surprise? 93% of black people are voting for Obama. nothing new there

And do you find that ironic?

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 08:47 PM
And do you find that ironic?

LOL enough with your private messages to me dude. I am not giving you ANYMORE MAN MEAT!!!

Shastafarian
10-23-2008, 08:48 PM
LOL enough with your private messages to me dude. I am not giving you ANYMORE MAN MEAT!!!

I'll take that as "I don't know what ironic means".

BRHornet45
10-23-2008, 08:53 PM
I'll take that as "I don't know what ironic means".

LOL oh Alex you silly little bitch boy you!!!

Shastafarian
10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
LOL oh Alex you silly little bitch boy you!!!

Why do you keep calling me Alex?