PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Won't Give Lee Extension

Spurs Brazil
10-23-2008, 03:35 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55022/20081023/knicks_wont_give_lee_extension/

Knicks Won't Give Lee Extension

Oct 23, 2008 5:45 AM EST
The New York Knicks have decided against offering fan favorite David Lee a contract extension ahead of the October 31 deadline, the New York Post is reporting. Lee will now become a restricted free agent after the 2008-2009 season, giving the Knicks the right to match any offer the forward may receive from any other team.

Lee's agent Mark Bartlestein said he and Knick president Donnie Walsh spoke yesterday, and Walsh has decided against giving Lee a contract extension.

"I don't anticipate getting something done," Bartlestein said. "As it stands, I don't think it will happen. Donnie is still in the evaluation process with this team. I think he understands David has great value in the league but is cautious to make a long-term commitment before he gets a feeling what direction his team is going."

Walsh did not dispute Bartlestein's remarks but said he didn't want to make it official until Oct 31.

The Knicks also will not give guard Nate Robinson a contract extension, according to the report.

JamStone
10-23-2008, 05:38 PM
no need to rush something like this when he's restricted. They'll match anything up to the MLE, and he'll likely be worth it.