PDA

View Full Version : NBA Board Of Governors Approves Expanded Use Of Instant Replay

Spurs Brazil
10-23-2008, 03:36 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55034/20081023/nba_board_of_governors_approves_expanded_use_of_in stant_replay/

NBA Board Of Governors Approves Expanded Use Of Instant Replay

Oct 23, 2008 3:36 PM EST
The NBA Board of Governors voted to allow the expanded use of instant replay by game officials, beginning with the 2008-09 season, the league announced today.

The two approved proposals allow referees to use instant replay for the following scenarios:

• To determine at any point during a game whether a field goal was correctly scored as a two- or three-point field goal, and, for the purposes of awarding the correct number of free throws, whether a shooter was fouled while taking a two- or three-point attempt.

• When the game clock malfunctions during a play concluding with no time remaining on the clock (0:00) at the end of any quarter or overtime period.

With respect to the first scenario, review would occur at the discretion of the game officials and would be based on a conclusion by the crew that they cannot be reasonably certain whether the shot was a two- or three-pointer.

In the second scenario, game officials are currently required to reconstruct the timing of a play occurring during a clock malfunction; the use of replay would enable them to do so with substantially greater accuracy.

adonis827
10-23-2008, 05:34 PM
so 0.4 won't ever happen again lol

PM5K
10-23-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm all for expanded use if it's done right, so far I think the NBA has done a decent job of using IR...

lefty
10-23-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm all for expanded use if it's done right, so far I think the NBA has done a decent job of using IR...

If only they've done a decent job of using their refs ........

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
10-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Bout Muthafukin Time!!!!!

ShoogarBear
10-23-2008, 11:20 PM
So all they have to do is plan this year's colluded trade to the Lakers and we'll be all set to start the season. :hungry:

angelbelow
10-24-2008, 12:00 AM
im sure everyones for that.